Jump to content


Destroyed Tanks should not be able to Chat.

Cheating

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Vikkus #1 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 12:54

    Private

  • Players
  • 727 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    11-23-2013
Once you are destroyed you should not be able to use chat or map alerts. If they want to chat with other destroyed players in a observation mode that is fine, but they should not be able to direct fire, help, etc.

_Sterben_ #2 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:08

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1022 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015

World of Tanks Blitz already has this feature, but it is very boring,

no chats, just a silent viewers watching that one team dies



SpectreHD #3 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:20

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16267 battles
  • 14,709
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
Just mute or blacklist them.

angelreaper #4 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 23528 battles
  • 2,092
  • [FRSH] FRSH
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

If your skin is that thin then you shouldn't be on the internet at all.

They have an interesting feature where you can turn chat off all together.  I doubt its much use to you anyways considering you haven't mastered looking at the map.

 

 

700 battles and already making stupid suggestions to change the game.  This players going to go far....



Viper69 #5 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 6676 battles
  • 3,197
  • [TXV] TXV
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View Postangelreaper, on Mar 19 2017 - 07:26, said:

If your skin is that thin then you shouldn't be on the internet at all.

They have an interesting feature where you can turn chat off all together.  I doubt its much use to you anyways considering you haven't mastered looking at the map.

 

 

700 battles and already making stupid suggestions to change the game.  This players going to go far....

 

im sure glad all veteran players aren't as welcoming as you are.

Duqe #6 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 13:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 23035 battles
  • 7,106
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011

Did you know that it's not actually the tanks chatting, but the players who operate them?

 

Amazing right?! Nobody told me, either!!



PaulWOTguy #7 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:02

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 40709 battles
  • 98
  • [TG] TG
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011
This would eliminate the dead tanker that insists on pinging the map 100 times at a location he thinks is important and because of this spam the communication between live tanks is jeopardized and the battle is in peril.

doogie9982 #8 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17876 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    12-06-2012
Turn off chat.  In pub matches it provides zero benefit.  All arm chair generals who think they know what they are talking about or dead tanks [edited]about how it's everyone else's fault they are dead.

angelreaper #9 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 23528 battles
  • 2,092
  • [FRSH] FRSH
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View PostViper69, on Mar 19 2017 - 07:31, said:

 

im sure glad all veteran players aren't as welcoming as you are.

 

nice account you bought there

The_Iron_Bullet #10 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:22

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10715 battles
  • 132
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

View PostPaulWOTguy, on Mar 19 2017 - 08:02, said:

This would eliminate the dead tanker that insists on pinging the map 100 times at a location he thinks is important and because of this spam the communication between live tanks is jeopardized and the battle is in peril.

 

You do know they have a Mute feature for these kinds of players right?

HOTA_CHATON #11 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 11692 battles
  • 11,743
  • [T0TS] T0TS
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostVikkus, on Mar 19 2017 - 05:54, said:

Once you are destroyed you should not be able to use chat or map alerts. If they want to chat with other destroyed players in a observation mode that is fine, but they should not be able to direct fire, help, etc.

 

​So says the new guy?  Wow, what gives you the cred to say much of anything?  Short answer: NO to this stupid idea.

LpBronco #12 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:28

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33769 battles
  • 1,628
  • [TG] TG
  • Member since:
    11-19-2010

Yes but then you have to stop what you're doing and take the time to actual activate this feature when time is usually at a premium in the heat of battle. At least block the dead from pinging the map.

 



BucephalusRider #13 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:39

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12983 battles
  • 197
  • [2HARM] 2HARM
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

Personally, I find it useful when playing artillery when someone dies/gets shot by artillery and they're able to tell me about where the shell came from, enabling me to counter-battery easier. Dead tanks can provide valuable information, and I wouldn't trade that information for complete and utter silence in a game.

 



Viper69 #14 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 14:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 6676 battles
  • 3,197
  • [TXV] TXV
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View Postangelreaper, on Mar 19 2017 - 08:14, said:

 

nice account you bought there

 

what? I didn't buy this account I created it long ago and have had long periods of inactivity to take breaks. Not everyone plays hundreds of games a month, hell I barely play one or two times a week anymore. I don't know why I'm explaining myself to a person like yourself.

Bavor #15 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 15:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 27258 battles
  • 2,153
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

View PostVikkus, on Mar 19 2017 - 06:54, said:

Once you are destroyed you should not be able to use chat or map alerts. If they want to chat with other destroyed players in a observation mode that is fine, but they should not be able to direct fire, help, etc.

 

That's one of the ideas that players keep bringing up which most players disagree with.  I've foudn that msot of the players who want dead players to not have the ability to chat or ping the map are also the players who do the least for their team to win.  Usually players who want dead team mates to not have the ability char to ping fall into one of several categories.

 

  • They are players who sat int he back of the map or so far back they couldn't shoot anything until most of the team was dead.
  • They are players who went to a useless part of the map that has no significance and separates them from most of their team such as valley in Lakeville or the beach on Overlord.
  • They are players who sat back "protecting arty" or "protecting cap" the entire battle.
  • Players who ignored team mate's requests for help or requests to relocate to support the team.
  • Players who think they are great at this game when reality they are below average.

 

If chat bothers someone so much, they should turn it off.  In the past I've had battles with players who said in chat things such as "dead players shouldn't speak" and found them posting on the forums about who dead players shouldn't be able to chat.  They fell into one of the above categories.



RenamedUser_1005017780 #16 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 15:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7356 battles
  • 60
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

View PostBucephalusRider, on Mar 19 2017 - 13:39, said:

Personally, I find it useful when playing artillery when someone dies/gets shot by artillery and they're able to tell me about where the shell came from, enabling me to counter-battery easier. Dead tanks can provide valuable information, and I wouldn't trade that information for complete and utter silence in a game.

 

 

​One of the few times I know I can provide information after I am knocked out of game that otherwise might not be available to my team is when red tanks around the carcass of my tank disappear but one of them bumps into me and moves it a little or even actively pushes it, then I know one of them is still there. This is information that unless arty was zoomed in on me would not be seen by the live members of my team. It isn't much, just a bit of intel I will share in chat.

angelreaper #17 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 17:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 23528 battles
  • 2,092
  • [FRSH] FRSH
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View PostViper69, on Mar 19 2017 - 08:51, said:

 

what? I didn't buy this account I created it long ago and have had long periods of inactivity to take breaks. Not everyone plays hundreds of games a month, hell I barely play one or two times a week anymore. I don't know why I'm explaining myself to a person like yourself.

 

Your account averages 109 battles per month lol

You are also telling me that you went from an 1800 wn8 player to a 600 wn8 player over night.  Which isn't possible an 1800wn8 player will likely play between 1500-1200wn8 after a long time away from the game.

 

I honestly don't know why you are even trying to use logic when clearly you are unable too. 

You should stick to the crying about warpack like all the other pubie scum.


Edited by angelreaper, Mar 19 2017 - 17:46.


angelreaper #18 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 17:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 23528 battles
  • 2,092
  • [FRSH] FRSH
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View PostBavor, on Mar 19 2017 - 09:45, said:

 

That's one of the ideas that players keep bringing up which most players disagree with.  I've foudn that msot of the players who want dead players to not have the ability to chat or ping the map are also the players who do the least for their team to win.  Usually players who want dead team mates to not have the ability char to ping fall into one of several categories.

 

  • They are players who sat int he back of the map or so far back they couldn't shoot anything until most of the team was dead.
  • They are players who went to a useless part of the map that has no significance and separates them from most of their team such as valley in Lakeville or the beach on Overlord.
  • They are players who sat back "protecting arty" or "protecting cap" the entire battle.
  • Players who ignored team mate's requests for help or requests to relocate to support the team.
  • Players who think they are great at this game when reality they are below average.

 

If chat bothers someone so much, they should turn it off.  In the past I've had battles with players who said in chat things such as "dead players shouldn't speak" and found them posting on the forums about who dead players shouldn't be able to chat.  They fell into one of the above categories.



Viper69 #19 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 6676 battles
  • 3,197
  • [TXV] TXV
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View Postangelreaper, on Mar 19 2017 - 11:35, said:

 

Your account averages 109 battles per month lol

You are also telling me that you went from an 1800 wn8 player to a 600 wn8 player over night.  Which isn't possible an 1800wn8 player will likely play between 1500-1200wn8 after a long time away from the game.

 

I honestly don't know why you are even trying to use logic when clearly you are unable too. 

You should stick to the crying about warpack like all the other pubie scum.

 

If you insist on an explanation of my poor performance after a long time off so be it. I had medical problems that make playing FPS style games tough. It's one reason I started playing slower tanks and TDs as of late since they don't require too dexterous of a movement to use. Except for that darn E25 I suck at playing it's like driving on ice. I took time away and now I only play to have fun and not compete. I do wish you well my friend and im sorry you assumed my drop in play and ability were due to me buying someones account. 

n4cer67 #20 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:21

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 14755 battles
  • 1,558
  • [NAAP] NAAP
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
No, there are more good players that help than abuse the dead chat/map ping. Always good to have extra eye to help out.





Also tagged with Cheating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users