If you're a newbie who....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

da_Rock002 #1 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 15:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

If you're a newbie who would really like to get some time learning how to drive...  or later on would like to feel out how your newest purchase handles before having to dodge flying shells.......

Over the last couple of days I discovered that a little patience will get you into a Team Training session where you can not only work that tank but you get to look around the maps that show up.   

There are a couple of maps that are new to me where I haven't lived longer than maybe a minute-and-a-half at the longest.   I just ran around the outside of one of them and discovered why.   What was even better was discovering a bunch of sniper positions near the two CAPs.   Running around a map along the outside can really open your eyes to understanding the place.    In the TT you got time to do just that. 

The sessions also give you time to measure other things.    I recently got an Aussie AC 4 Exp.   Tier6 has a handful of what for me have been the best Premiums in the game (so far).    The CromB and the Rudy actually got me out of the 'eternal rollstomping' time and around a corner in the game (with maybe 8-10 more corners to go).     They triggered me to get the Fury and the 3 got me actually building credits, something I had begun to doubt would ever happen.    So when I noticed the AC 4 and had enough in the bank, it was a no-brainer.    Turned out it was truly a no-brainer.    I got it because it had an even better gun than the 3 and could do 60 kph, which is better than the Rudy and much better than the Fury.    I was looking forward to the 3 becoming 4.     No-brainer in more ways than one.     It drove like the engine was out of oil and had Teflon tracks.    Yesterday I got it into a couple of Team Training sessions.    The advertised 60 kph doesn't happen.   OK, it can if you spawn on a hill.   A long hill and even then....   On the level on two maps it hit 48.    The maps were totally flat.   Even on hills it never got to 60.    Couldn't have done that in a battle.      Yesterday I also found out what kind of hills to NOT try to climb in a couple of my favorites.  

BTW,  when researching any potential purchase,  look beyond the speed rating.   The hp/t performance spec can be important.   This game will bite your butt with the little details.    All of them.

And using the less known things in the game is worth doing.    

DeathbyGMaC #2 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 16:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25387 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Knowledge is power my friend! Keep up the good work :)

Gasai__Yuno #3 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 53924 battles
  • [2-ND] 2-ND

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 19 2017 - 14:51, said:

And using the less known things in the game is worth doing.    

Oh my....

With THIS you really can become

' great ' user some day.

Turns out while being unexpected, 

you will cause your opponents to panic...

Giving you the ' advantage ' even in this ' game of corridors '

intelligent play is very much possible,

you will have to think just more than before.

Indeed the ' more you do know and understand,

the less do your opponents know and understand '

Such is this, my friend.

Winterschlager #4 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 16:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3767 battles

Lucky that you can find stuff with help. The only reason I find some random spot that is good is due to me panicking a lot in-game.

Kinda funny is that the game is pretty much easy to learn if you're really willing. It's only hard if you over-complicate it.

Still, Would be awesome if they allow test-driving mode for unlocked tanks, So you will know how it runs before you buy it.

TwinTanker #5 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 16:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12191 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
Adding on what Gasai said, there is a specific group of players who like to be in unexpected places. We climb every hill, even the "impossible" ones. PM Scorpiany for more information.

da_Rock002 #6 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 17:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

Wonder if there is a guide to setting up and running one of those sessions. 

I just set up one and waited for customers to show up as a way to discover the process.   Got it to work, but a lot of details aren't obvious. 

da_Rock002 #7 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 17:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostTwinTanker, on Mar 19 2017 - 10:49, said:

Adding on what Gasai said, there is a specific group of players who like to be in unexpected places. We climb every hill, even the "impossible" ones. PM Scorpiany for more information.

Funny thing was the map I setup was Redshire, what I thought was a really wide open map.     hehehehe.....   not really.

Didn't see any hard climbs however...

Edited by da_Rock002, Mar 19 2017 - 17:03.

da_Rock002 #8 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 23:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 19 2017 - 11:01, said:

Wonder if there is a guide to setting up and running one of those sessions.

I just set up one and waited for customers to show up as a way to discover the process.   Got it to work, but a lot of details aren't obvious.

I've run a number of sessions so far and there is no problem attracting participants.   The problem is the app seems to be half done.  There doesn't seem to be any manual on how to run the thing, and I think that's because they haven't coded the tools to do so.

Getting into a room isn't what needs a manual.      

I looked around youtube in hopes some of those guys had filled in the empty pit.   All I found were a lot of 'Fun times in TT'.

anybody with experience running one efficiently? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users