complaints matchmaking gameplay unicums rng noobs

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

noxtrx_actual #1 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3303 battles
  • [F--F] F--F

I came to a realization just now, and thought it would be a good idea to share this perspective. We all know that Tanks can be a frustrating game to play. RNG seems to screw us all, and bless so few. Matchmaking puts us all in situations that we can contribute so little, unless you are 1-2, or 9-10. "Unicorns"  turn games into nothing but a stomping ground, and over and over you see players who throw money at the game so they can spam gold to get better stats. There are a lot of other scenarios that occur in this game that seem to make it less fun to play. In a game where just grinding it out seems to only make players worse because some don't feel like they have to win, they just have to click battle, shoot something, die, and move on to the next battle. I am not saying that this is the goal of the system, I am just saying that it happens, because I have been there.

I came to World of Tanks because it is a game that rewards patience, temperament, knowledge, and teamwork. Yesterday I was working on my Jadgtiger to get the top gun on it. This is my first tier 9 tank, and I have very little experience with the Jtiger. I was told repeatedly by "teal" players to go back to tier 3, uninstall, and even was TKed by a teal because of my positioning. Ultimately in this game, its not the mechanics that irritate me. It is great players that complain that I am in their team, just because my WN8 is below 1500, and I dont know how to play all of my tanks like they do. This mindset is poisonous to the game. It is a game based on skill, minus 25% RNG, but good players seem to just dump on all of the noobs. I did meet a player from WONKA, who originally was pissed at my because I shot gold at him in his Skorpion G. I explained to him that I forgot to switch back my ammo types after fighting a heavy. I apologized, he apologized, and we platooned around for awhile. He is quite honestly, the only teal, that I have had a positive experience with.

My point to make after all of this is that WoT is a game. Games are made for the players' entertainment. So why should we even bother getting mad at the game, or other peoples' lack of skill. It is a waste of energy. A suggestion: when you next go onto WoT, find a noob, platoon with them, and help them to get better. To think if we all did this with just one noob, the population of competent players would shift probably 10-15%. That means less noobs on your team, more wins, faster progress. It is a win-win. Feel free to point out where I am wrong, and I would be glad to discuss. These ponderings are something I live for.

Signed,

- noxtrx

Hunk_Ra #2 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5100 battles
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL
Not a thing wrong with whining or complaining. It provides comic relief here in the forum.

noxtrx_actual #3 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3303 battles
  • [F--F] F--F

View PostHunk_Ra, on Mar 19 2017 - 18:34, said:

Not a thing wrong with whining or complaining. It provides comic relief here in the forum.

On the forum I agree, but in game its just demoralizing.

Merlin_001 #4 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5443 battles
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY
You sure you are on the right game, first logical thinking I've seen. :O

simba90 #5 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11678 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View PostThePizza_Guy, on Mar 19 2017 - 18:35, said:

You have a choice to let it bother you, or not.

You're in charge of your emotions. 

Soulcaller #6 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15038 battles

View PostThePizza_Guy, on Mar 19 2017 - 10:35, said:

Feel the same.

Took a break and came back recently (kinda) and it's a real drag on your fun factor to be trying to grind through a less then stellar tank with a no skill crew to get match after match facing e25 platoons,  t-67's with farming crew, or any of the new ptw prems. Add in the ever present orbital steel shower and the derp bush camper;  if your a less then amazballs player, you'll have a series of frustrating games. 

Winterschlager #7 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 18:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3767 battles

Well, Yeah. WoT is a game. And should be used as entertainment.

Problem is that it's hard to not get mad at it. It's frustrating when you're always taking losses when you just want to finish a grind.

For example, I just wanted to grind my T25 AT's 105mm gun, But I got screwed over and over again. I could've gotten it 20 games earlier.

Other cause is player based frustration. Like that one guy who quits in-game right when you need him, because both of us can actually carry that game.

Usually, I'm optimistic as hell. But I did ragequit to the point where I sold my tanks in one sitting. But I regretted it and here I am.

As for the stat colors, People usually uses it as a way to get recruited for higher clans.

But the players you said are usually the ones that reroll, statpads and brags about it.

As for me. I got my teal/blue color when I was playing Hellcat, KV-1 and Wolverine because I enjoyed those tanks.

In actuality I should be at yellow to light green, But those 3 are ramped my color too high.

You should be fine with your colors. Red and orange are actually awesome cuz it works as XVM camo.

TheGrizzlay #8 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 21408 battles

People complain all the time.

The more anonymous they think they are, the more toxic it gets. This happens at work, at sporting events (parents of kids playing are the worse) and of course online.

People type things in games that they would never say to someone's face. They somehow think being anonymous grants them special permission to ignore common courtesy and politeness. It's all part of life now and you just learn to deal with it the best you can. 

cazando #9 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23521 battles

Obviously OP is a on the WG payroll and trying to spin some positive light into the negative atmosphere they created!

This post is almost as good as CNN telling people yes they gave secret debate questions to HIllary before 2 of the debates, but everyone should get off their case because they didn't do it in all of them! 

Ignore the reasons........be positive.........help WG con noobs out of their money!!!

*Runs back into hiding*

portplug #10 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23320 battles
Different personalities.  Some people are prone to whine and complain a lot.  Some people are quiet and don't say much.  Some people are very serious and emotional players; others, not so much.  You ever notice, it's a lot like playing golf with people?  But, as what was mentioned above, anonymity allows for more aggressive and toxic behavior to appear.

Brick94 #11 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:25

Captain

• Players
  • 36869 battles
I would stop complaining if I were able to play this game without the PING Spikes since the last update.  WG fix your BROKEN SERVERS you stupid morons.  This is the second update you dumb [edited]screwed your servers, now fix it already.

Nudnick #12 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17809 battles
I'd like to take this opportunity to complain about all the complainers. Thank you. Carry on.

Edited by Nudnick, Mar 19 2017 - 19:37.

Adalbertt #13 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 20:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6759 battles

To a lot of players WoT is not just the game, but the way of life. It seems this is the most important thing in their lives. They are getting really upset if someone does not play the way they think it's good. It's like they think that they own the virtual world of pixel tanks. To them this world is a real thing. Of course the bottom line is the age of players or the level of their emotional development. It's hard to play a 2-hour game session not to encounter someone like this in couple of games. Another problem is that game like WoT is a magnet for bullies. They are victims of emotional abuse in real life, so they abuse others just to have a short moment of pleasure when they feel a revenge. Unfortunately it is short and does not address the person who caused their emotional pain in the first place, so the go back to where they were and they just keep bullying others. Open to everybody games like WoT will never be unfortunately free of such players.

To be honest there are games when I'm frustrated by "noob" players, but I don't attack them in any way. I may have a polite suggestion in a chat in some situations, but that's all. They have the right to play the game anyway they want as long they don't purposely and willingly act against the other players in their team. Yes, they have the right to camp, to take any position on the map they like etc. It's sometimes frustrating, but frustration does not give anyone right to offend others in any way.

holdmecloserTonyDanza #14 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 21:25

Major

• Players
  • 54404 battles
  • [CHLLN] CHLLN
I could buy into this line of thinking if there weren't six year old problems in this game.  and if for that longest part of that six years the developers hadn't been giving it's player base the middle finger maybe they wouldn't be so toxic about some of this stuff.  but when you don't ever listen to your players and basically tell them to piss off and leave broken mechanics unchanged for years on end you're going to have some people who are going to complain.  it's a good thing the largest % of their players are overseas because if this was a primarily US based game, this game would have died years ago

FightAndLetFight #15 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 23:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1090 battles
Pay2win or Pay to lose less?

Handies #16 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 23:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10984 battles

We should stop complaining? Yeah, no thanks. I have been running into a lot of matches lately during day hours and on east coast where match making gives either my or their team extra higher tiers. I had 9 battles like that in the last week. Here is the worse one.

We won this example, but only because they all turtled in the city.
https://i.imgur.com/TL6eXeX.jpg

slaughterz #17 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 23:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15923 battles
  • [CHAPY] CHAPY
chat can be turned off..

21Blackjack #18 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:49

Captain

• Players
  • 18113 battles

I realized complaining is useless because it didn't stop or change anything.

The E25 is still given away and sold, after saying they didn't want it available anymore.

The 112 and Panther/10 are back meaning removal of pref MM tanks was a lie.

T26E5 and 252 show that they are only interested in releasing more and more power creep Premiums.

And over the last 4 years, it seems nothing we've said has made even an iota of difference.

The only time WG changed their minds was the emblem/camo bonuses, and I'm sure that was only due to outcry from the Russian server.

I think the only thing the US forums brought attention to was an incorrect tank model.

noxtrx_actual #19 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3303 battles
  • [F--F] F--F

View Postslaughterz, on Mar 19 2017 - 23:54, said:

chat can be turned off..

Im thinking about it

Also tagged with complaints, matchmaking, gameplay, unicums, rng, noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users