Why should I give a 5-kill guy a top gun?

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

mattwong #141 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 17:13

Major

• Players
  • 30234 battles

View Post8_Hussars, on Mar 19 2017 - 23:21, said:

I disagree.  Its not the millennials fault they are what they are, its the generation that raised them...to expect everything to be given to them without work, to participate should be awarded, and the misguided focus on external self-esteem, and scoreless everything. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and the quote above is a classic self righteous example.  It's not respect, its blatant disregard for the millennials abilities and accomplishments to make their own way.

You never learned about this thing called "evidence" in school, did you?  You can't justify a stereotype by just saying it again in different words.

otacon237 #142 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:05

Major

• Players
  • 21442 battles
No, they're not entitled to it at all. I never respond to those comments and if I get tied, submit a ticket with the replay. I've gotten all sorts of kills and medals stolen over the thousands of games I've played, ill [edited]about it for sure but ill never expect anyone to hold their fire so I can get a digital medal

Duff_man_ #143 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10384 battles

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Mar 19 2017 - 10:39, said:

Why shouldn't I give you a top gun if you have 5 kills?

I'm writing down your name, I'll remember to hunt you down no matter the team.

So basically, give me something I don't deserve or I will kill you? Yeah, you are a special kind of trophy wielding entitled POS. 

DangYankee #144 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9956 battles
Just my 2 Cents... But for me when I'm in the match with you "WE" are team mates, and as such I will do what I can to help you out. I have even gone so far as to block damage with my heavy tank so the guy doesnt get killed from being disabled in his 5 Kill tank, his tank gets repaired and now has a crack at the Top Gun.... I've almost always at least gotten a thank you after battle and made a new friend. Good Karma is a bonus....

Scanjoon #145 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:33

Major

• Players
  • 23702 battles

Block Quote

Why should I give a 5-kill guy a top gun?

You shouldn't...end of story.

landshark_86 #146 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4599 battles

that happened to me the other day. I was in a SkorpG and I had 5 kills. I was going after the last enemy along with another vehicle. The teammate fired on the enemy and damaged him. While he was re-loading I came up and took the kill.

It was after the game when I watched the replay did I see that other members of my team were asking to let me take the last enemy because "I deserved it". I didn't notice this in game because I was focused to get the enemy.

My teammate took the shot, I came up and finished it. If he had killed the enemy first it would have been ok because we won the match. I was not medal hunting. Just wanted to win and survive.

PrinzEugen85 #147 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:50

Captain

• Players
  • 30595 battles
  • [CANIS] CANIS
If someone politely asks, I have no problem letting them get it.

Kenshin2kx #148 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 13866 battles

View PostBogart1943, on Mar 19 2017 - 23:37, said:

​Do you think Audie Murphy asked if he could pad his stats during WW2?

... from what I read of this individual, he padded nothing ... he reacted to a real life war crisis in a heroic manner ... outside of the visual cosmetics, there is little actual relevance between WWII and World of Tanks.

Duqe #149 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:14

Major

• Players
  • 23035 battles
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-

View PostKenshin2kx, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:12, said:

... from what I read of this individual, he padded nothing ... he reacted to a real life war crisis in a heroic manner ... outside of the visual cosmetics, there is little actual relevance between WWII and World of Tanks.

Some people would argue that Call of Duty and World of Tanks are murderer training simulators.

I mean, not intelligent people, but some people would.

Kenshin2kx #150 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 13866 battles

View PostDuff_man_, on Mar 20 2017 - 07:09, said:

"Why shouldn't I give you a top gun if you have 5 kills?

I'm writing down your name, I'll remember to hunt you down no matter the team."

V V

So basically, give me something I don't deserve or I will kill you? Yeah, you are a special kind of trophy wielding entitled POS. 

............. wow, just wow.  I agree with Duff  ... first, show me where it is a mandate set forth by WG that individuals with 5 kills AUTOMATICALLY get dibs on a 6th?  Now, I can see the act of holding fire as a voluntary courtesy given mitigating circumstances ... but putting all of that aside,  I also fall into the group that sees any such 'allowances' as less than a legitimate earn ... (as legitimate as it can be in a game of pixel tanks).   So in this context, not only do you feel 'entitled' ... you threaten those who don't see it your way with future retribution ... regardless of  team affiliation?  

Really?

:facepalm:

Ripping #151 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:51

Captain

• Players
  • 16350 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

View PostKenshin2kx, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:49, said:

............. wow, just wow.  I agree with Duff  ... first, show me where it is a mandate set forth by WG that individuals with 5 kills AUTOMATICALLY get dibs on a 6th?  Now, I can see the act of holding fire as a voluntary courtesy given mitigating circumstances ... but putting all of that aside,  I also fall into the group that sees any such 'allowances' as less than a legitimate earn ... (as legitimate as it can be in a game of pixel tanks).   So in this context, not only do you feel 'entitled' ... you threaten those who don't see it your way with future retribution ... regardless of  team affiliation?  

Really?

:facepalm:

Welcome to generation snowflake.... Thinking you deserve a TG LOL

RedBaronK #152 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 20:26

Captain

• Players
  • 33433 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS

I think the most annoying is when you do a ton of damage, and you need 1 to get a TG or any other worthy medal... But some idiot that camped the whole game steals it and after the game u find out his damage was like 100..

Why doesn't WG just show in game damage of all players IN REAL TIME so we can see scores during gameplay? It would make the decision easier to give up a kill or not. 

evolighter #153 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 20:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10076 battles

LOL..A few months ago I saw a platoon tk someone for this exact thing. Best part about that game (I was so happy to end up losing), the one player left took out the remaining 6 because of that platoon idiot tking the tank that would have had the kill. This is why I will never do it unless it is for a pool's or raisenai. Who cares anyway Its only a top gun?

Only other exception for me would be if someone is trying to do one of the stupid personal missions and they are close and ask nicely.

Edited by evolighter, Mar 20 2017 - 20:54.

SynapticSqueeze #154 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 20:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11148 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:25, said:

the only time I might have a minor twinge of irritation is if after a hard carry mode, some craplord that cowered at the redline the whole game comes racing up to get his total of ~200 dmg snagging that last kill.  but that's more about the irritation of people playing overly passive until the game is no longer in question than it is losing some stupid medal.

So much this. I had a guy race across the map to take the last 100 health off a tank I had beaten down while on 5 kills. Turns out he doubled his damage total to about 200.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter to me. As long as people ask nicely, I'm likely to give it. I would probably do so if I noticed in the first place, but chances are I was heads down shooting at things and not noticing the scoreboard specifics. It does drive me nuts when people beg for it, or sound rude/entitled/obnoxious in chat about it.

For missions, I will go pretty far out of my way to help people. Had a game the other night where me and three others sat and waited on two separate reloads from our arty so he could click the last arty on the enemy team for his mission. A couple minutes won't make a big difference to me, but it might make them quite happy to complete it.

jdubthegreat #155 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:35

Captain

• Players
  • 35049 battles
I usually don't listen to requests from other players for the sixth kill, and that's only because I couldn't care less if someone takes my sixth kill from me.  Just win and move on.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #156 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 13564 battles

View PostRedBaronK, on Mar 20 2017 - 11:26, said:

I think the most annoying is when you do a ton of damage, and you need 1 to get a TG or any other worthy medal... But some idiot that camped the whole game steals it and after the game u find out his damage was like 100..

Oblivious jack-asses are a balancing factor for people who try to pad their medal collection at low tiers.  There are plenty of nozzles out there at high tier who will do a [edited]move and rob you, but when you think about low tier gameplay you know ppl are just going to be pointing and clicking like idiotzombies.

Boghie #157 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2768 battles

Well,

It is obvious folks haven't viewed the replay.  

• Trent3296 took a forward position and kept his gun and sights in the game.  Benefit for his line in both kills and spotting.
  • Kaa1el played well and aggressively.  Both players actually played as a team.  It was good to see
  • There was a 14 - 10 differential at that point, with the final enemy on the Prov Hill.  
  • The only tank to climb the hill and spot that enemy tank was Trent3296
  • Kaa1el moved to a firing position as Trent3296 moved up the hill

Here is where it gets a bit dicey:

• Trent3296 spotted the JPE100 and Requested Fire.  JPE100 was hit, then the JPE100 went dark
  • Trent3296 moved a long distance up the hill to spot and kill the dark JPE100
  • A JPE100 on green team initiated a cap
  • Kaa1el moved to a firing position on E6 tracks
  • Enemy JPE100 was in bush aiming at capping JPE100
  • Trent3296 spots enemy JPE100 and Kaa1el takes him out
  • Then the turd in the E100 TKs Kaa1el.

Personally, I would have let Trent3296 have the shot.  He covered the distance, did the grunt work, and was at least going for something.  Especially since it is obvious the OP read the battle chat and knew what was going on.  However, the enemy JPE100 could have taken out the green capper - and if he did so and then managed to kill Trent3296 the game might have ended up in a draw.  Not very likely since the cap was almost run out and Trent3296 was obviously sighted on the JgPzE100.

I would have let the guy get the kill.  He pushed the hill, he spotted the enemy (twice), and he was in position for that kill.

The E100 is a turd and should be banned from playing for some duration.  Kaa1el played the game correctly, and while not polite, he did not deserve a TK. There was none of the stupid stuff going on that would almost warrant a TK - just a good battle. 

And, all this for a TG in a Tier X game with all players over 10,000 games.  Yowser.  Is this what I have to look forward to.  At least at my tier we don't even really know what a TG is :-}.  And, those real epic medals are for streamers or something...

MountainLion1 #158 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15008 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
Yesterday I was in my Defender (2nd battle in it) and a teammate aloud me to get my 6th kill at the end of the battle. When the battle was over I sent him a message thanking him for allowing me to get the last kill. I have done the same for other players as well, to me it is a good way to let others know how much you appreciated their efforts at helping so much with the win.

trent3296 #159 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 22302 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

View PostBoghie, on Mar 21 2017 - 01:59, said:

Well,

It is obvious folks haven't viewed the replay.  

• Trent3296 took a forward position and kept his gun and sights in the game.  Benefit for his line in both kills and spotting.
  • Kaa1el played well and aggressively.  Both players actually played as a team.  It was good to see
  • There was a 14 - 10 differential at that point, with the final enemy on the Prov Hill.  
  • The only tank to climb the hill and spot that enemy tank was Trent3296
  • Kaa1el moved to a firing position as Trent3296 moved up the hill

Here is where it gets a bit dicey:

• Trent3296 spotted the JPE100 and Requested Fire.  JPE100 was hit, then the JPE100 went dark
  • Trent3296 moved a long distance up the hill to spot and kill the dark JPE100
  • A JPE100 on green team initiated a cap
  • Kaa1el moved to a firing position on E6 tracks
  • Enemy JPE100 was in bush aiming at capping JPE100
  • Trent3296 spots enemy JPE100 and Kaa1el takes him out
  • Then the turd in the E100 TKs Kaa1el.

Personally, I would have let Trent3296 have the shot.  He covered the distance, did the grunt work, and was at least going for something.  Especially since it is obvious the OP read the battle chat and knew what was going on.  However, the enemy JPE100 could have taken out the green capper - and if he did so and then managed to kill Trent3296 the game might have ended up in a draw.  Not very likely since the cap was almost run out and Trent3296 was obviously sighted on the JgPzE100.

I would have let the guy get the kill.  He pushed the hill, he spotted the enemy (twice), and he was in position for that kill.

The E100 is a turd and should be banned from playing for some duration.  Kaa1el played the game correctly, and while not polite, he did not deserve a TK. There was none of the stupid stuff going on that would almost warrant a TK - just a good battle. 

And, all this for a TG in a Tier X game with all players over 10,000 games.  Yowser.  Is this what I have to look forward to.  At least at my tier we don't even really know what a TG is :-}.  And, those real epic medals are for streamers or something...

Thank you very much for watching the replay and seeing for yourself that I had nothing to do with the tk of the OP. I just asked for the top gun to end off a fantastic game with a bang. Nothing wrong with that at all am I right? I can't believe this is at 8 pages already and you are the only one to mention the replay.

Wolf308 #160 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 09:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26190 battles
Im fine with letting peeps get last kill. Just ask.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users