How many times must I lose?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Ball_Turret #1 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles
  • [_GT] _GT
Of the recent match loses that keep growing more and more I have to ask when will the game start giving matches I can have a some what higher chance in winning? I'm tired of the +2 tier spread where I'm ALWAYS the bottom tier tank constantly facing more tier 5s and 6s than I would like and worst of all I'm tired of getting worthless team mates who fail to dish enough damage or simply don't know how to use their tank properly especially if their the high tier tanks on my team. This game will never give a chance to improve and learn from my mistakes since I get lemmings and tomatoes as teammates who end up getting clubbed by the enemy it seems the mm always puts me on the losing team more frequently then a winning team depending on team and tank structure how far must I fall to actually start enjoy this so called balanced game?

TDRHooRaH #2 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 22788 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

you have a 52% winrate.

Not terrible at all considering there are 40k battle players with 43% winrates.

I been on a 1200 game stretch of terrible...

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Mar 19 2017 - 19:29.

Nudnick #3 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 20339 battles
When you have 10,000 battles, you'll have around 4-5,000 losses. The NA server average win rate is 48.88 % according to WotLabs.

Ball_Turret #4 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles
  • [_GT] _GT

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:25, said:

you have a 52% winrate.

Not terrible at all considering there 40k battle players with 43% winrates.

Don't be fooled that 52% will be well below 40% if not lower when I get tier 6 and above. Last match my team had only two heavy tanks while the enemy had SEVEN I'm sorry but how is that unbalance and or game breaking?

Ball_Turret #5 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles
  • [_GT] _GT

View PostNudnick, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:30, said:

When you have 10,000 battles, you'll have around 4-5,000 losses. The NA server average win rate is 48.88 % according to WotLabs.

I feel by then I would have 5-7,000 losses when I reach that point. Maybe I should try a different server?

TDRHooRaH #6 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:33

Major

• Players
  • 22788 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

View PostBall_Turret, on Mar 19 2017 - 13:31, said:

Don't be fooled that 52% will be well below 40% if not lower when I get tier 6 and above. Last match my team had only two heavy tanks while the enemy had SEVEN I'm sorry but how is that unbalance and or game breaking?

There is going to be a huge MM overhaul coming hopefully soon.

For now just concentrate on playing your best and getting the tanks you want. Try platooning as well.

We all suffer through crap MM...

Edited by TDRHooRaH, Mar 19 2017 - 19:34.

bluenose711 #7 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37779 battles
Losses mount even faster when you use Personal Reserves! Wish I could sell all of the personal reserves I have because using them is the kiss of death.

TDRHooRaH #8 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:36

Major

• Players
  • 22788 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

View Postbluenose711, on Mar 19 2017 - 13:34, said:

Losses mount even faster when you use Personal Reserves! Wish I could sell all of the personal reserves I have because using them is the kiss of death.

Some people say this does not happen..

I lose way more and have way worse RNG when using them.

When they run out it's literally like a switch flips and games are "normal" again.

Nudnick #9 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 20339 battles

View Postbluenose711, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:34, said:

You're trying too hard to make the reserves count for more. Just click it and forget it. I do pretty much the same reserves or not.

Slatherer #10 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 28769 battles
Look at your stats.  Whatever they are, burn them into your head.  Motivate yourself to increase your ave damage, kills, and survivability per game.  

Find ways to learn more about this game.

You will earn more wins that way.  If not, you at least gave it your best.

Good luck.

Ball_Turret #11 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles
  • [_GT] _GT

View PostTDRHooRaH, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:36, said:

Some people say this does not happen..

I lose way more and have way worse RNG when using them.

When they run out it's literally like a switch flips and games are "normal" again.

Wonder if Wargaming is testing something involving reserves as difficulty multiplier of some kind? That's how it sounds like to me so far.

TDRHooRaH #12 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 22788 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

View PostBall_Turret, on Mar 19 2017 - 13:48, said:

Wonder if Wargaming is testing something involving reserves as difficulty multiplier of some kind? That's how it sounds like to me so far.

I feel they just don't want to give away too much that you could just pay for...

Ball_Turret #13 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles
  • [_GT] _GT

View PostSlatherer, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:44, said:

Look at your stats. Whatever they are, burn them into your head. Motivate yourself to increase your ave damage, kills, and survivability per game.

Find ways to learn more about this game.

You will earn more wins that way. If not, you at least gave it your best.

Good luck.

I do take these words and my stats into consideration but facing tanks with more armor than my gun can handle if when I try shooting weak points and matched with bot like teammates the war campaign to tier 10 will be marked by much blood, sweat, and tears when I finally get the Pz.Kpfw Vll as my first tier 10 tank and maybe just maybe I might have chance to embrace this game fully I can hope and dream at least.

ArmorStorm #14 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 32846 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostBall_Turret, on Mar 19 2017 - 12:31, said:

It is balanced in the aggregate.  Sometimes YOUR team has the heavies.  In other games you need to use mobility and flank those heavies to win.  Its about variety and avoiding burnout.  If you remove the +-2 MM and made the tank selection the same for both sides players would quickly get bored and leave.  Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Grasschopper #15 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 20:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 34503 battles
Ball_Turret - looks like you're played a lot of tier 3s right now.  It's a [edited]place to be.  It will get better when you start playing more tier 5s.  You still will get bottom tier matches when you're fighting tier 7s but you will also get top tier matches fighting tier 3s.  Problem with tier 3 is you get SO many bottom tier matches.  Move up to tier 5 ASAP and learn the game there.  Tier 5 and 6 are where the game really starts to take shape.

Ball_Turret #16 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 21:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3872 battles
  • [_GT] _GT

View PostArmorStorm, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:00, said:

Its about variety and avoiding burnout.  If you remove the +-2 MM and made the tank selection the same for both sides players would quickly get bored and leave.

I only hate the +-2 when it starts at tier 3 rather than 4 or 5. In terms of difficulty and challenge your going from normal to expert within a couple hundred battles. After growing accustomed to enemies on equal footing in terms of firepower and armor only leaving skill as the defining factor in who would win now your facing top tier juggernauts that only your teammates could take down, but they are either too far away or are dead leaving you with an unbeatable opponents who can roll right over you with little to no skill what so ever because your teammates could not provide support as they go after the low hanging fruit for easy kills.

Gothraul #17 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 1526 battles
You are doing rather good as is for a new player but will be blunt, low tiers are cancer between the seal clubbers padding their stats and like you have experienced being bottom tier most of the time. Get to tier 5 and then take your time to get more familiar with the game and build up your crews ect.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 18414 battles

View PostBall_Turret, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:21, said:

Of the recent match loses that keep growing more and more I have to ask when will the game start giving matches I can have a some what higher chance in winning? I'm tired of the +2 tier spread where I'm ALWAYS the bottom tier tank constantly facing more tier 5s and 6s than I would like and worst of all I'm tired of getting worthless team mates who fail to dish enough damage or simply don't know how to use their tank properly especially if their the high tier tanks on my team. This game will never give a chance to improve and learn from my mistakes since I get lemmings and tomatoes as teammates who end up getting clubbed by the enemy it seems the mm always puts me on the losing team more frequently then a winning team depending on team and tank structure how far must I fall to actually start enjoy this so called balanced game?

You better quit now, then.  You're going to be playing like that all the way up to tier 10.  When you're always top tier, then you can make sure more of your control has an effect on the match.  That said, you gotta deal with bad matches.

I've been having a less than stellar dip in my overalls lately and while I do see a lot of bad teams (I had seven or eight of them that had six or more units with 0 damage and less than 100XP, which means they basically got participation points) I am just going to go with the random numbers of bad pairings my way: map >< unit match >< tier position >< team work, etc.  And in all of that there are, of course, my own mistakes, which may or may not come early in the game that might affect the outcome of the match.

If the idea of quitting doesn't appeal, then you're going to have to get used to the things you complain about as being part of the challenge level in your virtual 'landscape' of play.  I can't take this game too seriously, I'm supposed to be having a good time while I'm doing this.  I apply myself to my gaming in the same manner I would a sport, photography, my job of soapmaking -- in short -- I give it my best, always.  And I am usually having a great time in all those things.

Perhaps it could be nothing more than a perception shift on what you enjoy instead of what you find unenjoyable could do it?  It did for me.

GL, HF & HSYBF

da_Rock002 #19 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 02:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4942 battles

A brand new player with only 277 battles who has already won TWO Ace Tanker mastery awards suggests you will have no problem with the game.   In fact you're already shooting at almost a 60% hit rate, and a 1.4 Destruction Ratio suggests you're right at home in this game. 

The game is what it is.   Newbies encountering Seal Bashers and re-rolls out to make new and better stats shouldn't be a problem for you. 

oldewolfe #20 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 11:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11085 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

WG will let you win, but, when the Bill comes Due, you Pay for it...    

Had a Good Week, not alot of Games but a Good Week....     Fired Up Saturday and found a Past Due Notice in my Garage, paid off on it all Saturday and Part of Sunday....       Got a Radleys Sunday, couldn't gat thru the Match the rest of the Day....      Kinda like dealing with the IRS when they discover you Short Changed'em, they WILL get the Money and there will be Intrest tacked on that most Loan Sharks find Outrageous....

Just Pay the Bill and March On...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users