WorldofFraud

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

FightAndLetFight #21 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 23:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 785 battles

View PostFragmentary, on Mar 19 2017 - 21:31, said:

WorldofTanks Roll Out gift cards are deceptive, because nowhere on the card does it state that it is NOT ACCEPTABLE payment for special offers of vehicles.  You have to go to the website, look up 'Payment Via Prepaid Card' and read the entire section to find out that these cards give you gold EXCLUSIVELY, which apparently is not acceptable currency for things like, say, the Skorpion G which is on sale for a limited time.  This is the reason I purchased the cards with some gift cash, and now I have a bunch of gold sitting in my account but no access to the vehicle I really want.

These type of limitations should be clearly stated on the card itself, so that purchasers will know the cards are only good for 1 thing, and that may not be the thing wanted.  Wargaming, I would appreciate a refund or other mechanism by which I can acquire the vehicle package I wanted.  I have no use for all this gold. 

I can't begin to say how disappointed I am. 

Pay to win and  Pay to lose less?

SenaKashiwazaki #22 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 23:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6703 battles
  • [4SAKN] 4SAKN
I'll take that gold you don't want!

lightwaveTT #23 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 23:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12472 battles
  • [1701D] 1701D

Management note we should put this in our training video for new people with no experience.

Suggested training video title.

How to lose a paying customer.

I can tell you right now if i was a boss and you were my employee and saw you tell a customer tough luck and did nothing to fix the problem.

I Would Replace You

because i would have made sure you already watched the video.

Edited by lightwaveTT, Mar 19 2017 - 23:45.

Fragmentary #24 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 6452 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Mar 19 2017 - 17:25, said:

It is pretty scummy that it isn't clearly and obviously marked on the card what you're actually buying, instead implying it is gift shop credit. But I'm pretty sure it's in the fine print on the back of the card that the actual value is in gold, at least in the US market.

Such deceptive behavior isn't uncommon though, so always read all the fine print on anything you buy that's like this. If you're buying online where you can't, do some research first.

Spud, I did read the card first, and the implication on THE MERCHANDISE (card) is that it is suitable tender for WoT purchases, non-specific.  The language is:

'Each Card is redeemable for $25 of in-game digital goods........and may not be used for any purpose other than the acquisition of in-game digital goods.' 

Any reasonable person would take that to include digital tanks, supplies, credits, consumables, etc.  Hell, everything in WoT is digital goods!

The stink of this is that you blowhards (not you Spud) sniping me for not knowing are missing the point - what good is a limited use prepaid card IF YOU DON'T FIND OUT IT'S LIMITED UNTIL YOU GO TO REDEEM THE CARD? 

spud_tuber #25 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 02:16

Major

• Players
  • 36127 battles
If it wasn't in the fine print on the card, depending on your local consumer protection laws, you might be able to file a complaint with the relevant authority, but considering the amount of money in question, if not really expect any results.  You could also complain to the physical vender that the card is misleading.  Dunno what other options you would have, nor do I know if it's worth the effort or not.

Rocketmandb #26 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 06:52

Captain

• Players
  • 44454 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View PostCutthroatlemur, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:40, said:

Caveat Emptor - especially when dealing with a foreign based company

Actually no. Having spent 15+ years in the prepaid payments industry, I can tell you that there are laws for disclosure of payment products uses in the United States. All payments products must be backed by a U.S. bank and all consumer funds must be held in that bank. As it so happens, my wife is a payments product compliance attorney with a major payments company handling unfair and deceptive acts and practices (UDAAP) issues. So, this sits squarely in my product expertise and in her compliance expertise. 

The key issue comes down to the advertisement you viewed. Does it clearly communicate that the payment card has limited use? The fine print in the disclosures is, frankly, immaterial. If the ad isn't clear, then there are grounds for a consumer complaint. In the ad copy posted above, it is pretty clear that it is for gold only. Is there another ad out there that isn't as clear? If not, you probably do not have a leg to stand on. If so, contact WG and let them know you want your money back. If they do not give it to you, then contact them again saying you will file a complaint with the attorney general of [insert your state of residence here]. If they still don't give you your money back, file a complaint. It is quick and easy to do. 

Rocketmandb #27 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 06:56

Captain

• Players
  • 44454 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View PostFragmentary, on Mar 20 2017 - 00:53, said:

Spud, I did read the card first, and the implication on THE MERCHANDISE (card) is that it is suitable tender for WoT purchases, non-specific.  The language is:

'Each Card is redeemable for $25 of in-game digital goods........and may not be used for any purpose other than the acquisition of in-game digital goods.' 

Any reasonable person would take that to include digital tanks, supplies, credits, consumables, etc.  Hell, everything in WoT is digital goods!

The stink of this is that you blowhards (not you Spud) sniping me for not knowing are missing the point - what good is a limited use prepaid card IF YOU DON'T FIND OUT IT'S LIMITED UNTIL YOU GO TO REDEEM THE CARD? 

See my post below, but if you bought the card in a retail location and it is not clearly disclosed on the retail packaging that it has limited use, then this is as close to an open and shut breach of consumer financial protection regulations as you can get. 

AMSRocker #28 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 07:05

Major

• Players
  • 33633 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

View PostCutthroatlemur, on Mar 19 2017 - 12:40, said:

That pulls no weight at all. If they are doing business here in the US (or Canada) they have to play by the rules of the nation they are doing business in.

Bogart1943 #29 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 10:56

Captain

• Players
  • 24257 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

FWIW, I use Karma Koin cards for making my purchases for this game.  I would never use a credit/debit card when dealing overseas, especially to a company that banks in Cyprus.

Disclaimer:  Karma Koin cards have, on occasion, been refused as payment for certain in game items.  In those very few cases I just refuse to buy them.

Edited by Bogart1943, Mar 20 2017 - 10:57.

BigMeatHammer #30 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 11:15

Major

• Players
  • 44153 battles
Just use a cc and pay to suck---like me :bajan:

Roggg2 #31 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 13:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13794 battles
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC

If it's stated nowhere on the card or packaging, then I'd agree with OP.  The only online ad I can find for the cards is at BestBuy, and their ad is very clear it's for gold.  I'll reserve judgement.  If OP wants to post pictures of the front and back of the card and packaging, then I'll form an opinion.  Until then, good luck getting it resolved.

MacDaddyMatty #32 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9735 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

What bums me it the non WG gift cards.

Apparently Pay Garden constantly changes what gift cards they will buy.

At one point they bought Applebees and Olive Garden. Now they are not buying those.

:(

Anyone want to go to Olive Garden with me?

Free breadsticks!

Fragmentary #33 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 6452 battles

First, thanks to all respondents (even those who took shots - I get it).  I bought the cards at BestBuy, and there was no advertising other than what I already quoted off the language on the cards, namely the they are only good for '..in game digital goods.'  No mention of gold, exclusive or otherwise.  I feel it is ridiculous to have a card paid for in cash to not be valid for purchasing other items in the game, but only what WoT determines you can buy with THEIR GAME CARDS.  And more ridiculous that you won't find this out until you go to redeem the cards and THEN the terms and conditions are spelled out. 

As for Jayrod413, if YOU weren't a functional illiterate and took two seconds to grasp the content of my original complaint, you could have avoided looking like the insipid primate you are.

Rocketmandb #34 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 07:20

Captain

• Players
  • 44454 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View PostFragmentary, on Mar 21 2017 - 04:27, said:

First, thanks to all respondents (even those who took shots - I get it).  I bought the cards at BestBuy, and there was no advertising other than what I already quoted off the language on the cards, namely the they are only good for '..in game digital goods.'  No mention of gold, exclusive or otherwise.  I feel it is ridiculous to have a card paid for in cash to not be valid for purchasing other items in the game, but only what WoT determines you can buy with THEIR GAME CARDS.  And more ridiculous that you won't find this out until you go to redeem the cards and THEN the terms and conditions are spelled out. 

As for Jayrod413, if YOU weren't a functional illiterate and took two seconds to grasp the content of my original complaint, you could have avoided looking like the insipid primate you are.

You should call the customer service number on the back of the card and demand a refund - if that's what you want to do. If the first person does not give it to you, ask for a supervisor. Here are the key points you want to bring up:

- The packaging does not clearly disclose that the product has limited usage.

- This is a clear violation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices regulations.

- If the situation is not rectified, you will contact both the bank behind the product and your state attorney general and lodge a formal complaint.

Chances are they'll mail you a check. 

Markd73 #35 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:06

Captain

• Players
  • 27571 battles

View PostCutthroatlemur, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:40, said:

This^^^

Markd73 #36 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:08

Captain

• Players
  • 27571 battles

View PostFragmentary, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:50, said:

Yah, should have intuited that there would be llimitations to the ways I can spend CASH on this game, right?  I saw this disclaimer when I went to REDEEM  the cards, because by golly it wasn't on the item being purchased.  Please make some sense from a consumer standpoint, instead of quoting me the obvious after the fact.

So you didn't do your homework and it is the fault of WG? OK then.

I am not a big fan of how WG does business, but I have even less sympathy for those who don't read the fine print.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users