Jump to content


Top gun in my SU-152


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

chuggaboom #1 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 21:33

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9837 battles
  • 221
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

After a very long break from the game( which was needed), I came back today with a SU-152 replay that I want to see if anything could have been done different to change what happened. We still won the match, however I personally thought i could have done something different but, I want to see what you have to say about my performance.

http://wotreplays.co...uggaboom-su-152

^Replay link

Thanks-

Chugg



BigMeatHammer #2 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 22:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 46858 battles
  • 2,043
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

Use stock 152 and shoot he with a sprinkle of HEAT to clear a flank

 

Everyone will scatter when you aim so be quick

 

 


Edited by BigMeatHammer, Mar 19 2017 - 22:21.


BigRedTankGuy #3 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 22:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28045 battles
  • 1,897
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

Well, hope you enjoyed your break and welcome back. Myself personally I run the stock 152mm gun and play it more as a second line support assault gun rather then a true sniper. I noticed you don't carry any APCR rounds. That could hurt you in tier 9 battles.

As for your battle, it worked out in the end. Its unfortunate that you ended up stuck watching valley for so long at the start. That kept your top tier gun out of the fight for awhile. On that map from that side I like to take up a position around H4 to fire into the city if I'm in a TD. The fact that the enemy had 5 heavies and your team only had 2 would have made this support position even more valuable. In my SU-152 with the derp gun set up however I would have played more as a heavy support in city.

In conclusion it looks like you don't use a camo net. I'm wondering what your equipment load out is and unless it was a replay bug it appears you commander dose not have 6th sense yet. Had the enemy capitalized stronger on their over match and pushed harder and faster in city or if arty had hit you in that first valley position the ending may have been even closer. In the end it was a win and that's the important thing.



BigMeatHammer #4 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 22:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 46858 battles
  • 2,043
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostBigRedTankGuy, on Mar 19 2017 - 16:20, said:

Well, hope you enjoyed your break and welcome back. Myself personally I run the stock 152mm gun and play it more as a second line support assault gun rather then a true sniper. I noticed you don't carry any APCR rounds. That could hurt you in tier 9 battles.

As for your battle, it worked out in the end. Its unfortunate that you ended up stuck watching valley for so long at the start. That kept your top tier gun out of the fight for awhile. On that map from that side I like to take up a position around H4 to fire into the city if I'm in a TD. The fact that the enemy had 5 heavies and your team only had 2 would have made this support position even more valuable. In my SU-152 with the derp gun set up however I would have played more as a heavy support in city.

In conclusion it looks like you don't use a camo net. I'm wondering what your equipment load out is and unless it was a replay bug it appears you commander dose not have 6th sense yet. Had the enemy capitalized stronger on their over match and pushed harder and faster in city or if arty had hit you in that first valley position the ending may have been even closer. In the end it was a win and that's the important thing.

Derp gun is best gun i think

 



BigMeatHammer #5 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 22:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 46858 battles
  • 2,043
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

Game load with derp 152';s

 



chuggaboom #6 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 22:25

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9837 battles
  • 221
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostBigRedTankGuy, on Mar 19 2017 - 22:20, said:

In conclusion it looks like you don't use a camo net. I'm wondering what your equipment load out is and unless it was a replay bug it appears you commander dose not have 6th sense yet.

I do not have any equipment whatsoever for most of my tanks this being one of them.

And my crew has their first skill in camo I wish I could retrain my commander to get the perk and everyone has their first skill maxed except on of the loaders.



Scorpiany #7 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 22:49

    Major

  • Community Contributor
  • 29150 battles
  • 10,572
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013
As others have said, the 152mm with HEAT and HE is usually the most effective combination; as you have the alpha damage to hold down a flank and cripple any tank, even if you only get to shoot them once before they pull back.

Worland #8 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 00:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 16426 battles
  • 3,917
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
The SU-152 is a keeper. Run the 152 with HE and a few HEAT. It prints money. Rammer, vents... EGLD or Camo Net. It's one of those tanks that really shine with some equipment on board to lower that long reload time.

I kind of hang back at the beginning of a battle behind a bush. Drop those huge HE shells at long distance for best effect. The further the range, the more likely the curved trajectory will land that poison pill on their thin top armor.

Once the battle is about half over, then I move up to support the heavies or mediums. Where ever there is a target rich environment.

BigRedTankGuy #9 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 00:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28045 battles
  • 1,897
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

View Postchuggaboom, on Mar 19 2017 - 22:25, said:

I do not have any equipment whatsoever for most of my tanks this being one of them.

And my crew has their first skill in camo I wish I could retrain my commander to get the perk and everyone has their first skill maxed except on of the loaders.

 

Well best advice you could get then is, Put equipment on your tanks.

BigRedTankGuy #10 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:01

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28045 battles
  • 1,897
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 19 2017 - 22:49, said:

As others have said, the 152mm with HEAT and HE is usually the most effective combination; as you have the alpha damage to hold down a flank and cripple any tank, even if you only get to shoot them once before they pull back.

 

Scorpiany put your old avatar back on.

Scorpiany #11 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 01:50

    Major

  • Community Contributor
  • 29150 battles
  • 10,572
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostBigRedTankGuy, on Mar 19 2017 - 17:01, said:

 

Scorpiany put your old avatar back on.

 

Fine... I give up... Too many people keep asking me for it... I surrender. There you go.

the_Deadly_Bulb #12 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 02:10

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16885 battles
  • 1,066
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

The SU 152 is such a fun tank. Load up a garbage can full of high explosive and deliver it to your foe.

The HEAT rounds I save for when I want to send the very best. You know, to make sure the thicker recipients get all the love.


 



BigRedTankGuy #13 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 19:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28045 battles
  • 1,897
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 19 2017 - 22:49, said:

As others have said, the 152mm with HEAT and HE is usually the most effective combination; as you have the alpha damage to hold down a flank and cripple any tank, even if you only get to shoot them once before they pull back.

 

Scorpiany you brought back your old avatar pic. Good to see it back. You look like yourself again ;)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users