Running a Team Training room ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

da_Rock002 #1 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 11:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

I've run a number of sessions so far and there is no problem attracting participants.   The problem is the app seems to be half done.  There doesn't seem to be a manual on how to run them, and I think that's because they haven't coded the tools to do so.

Getting into a room isn't what needs a manual.     

I looked around youtube in hopes some of those guys had filled in the empty pages.   All I found were a lot of 'Fun times in TT'.

anybody with experience running one efficiently?

Getting one started turns out to be simple.   Putting the initial customers into teams is simple.   Starting the session is simple.  

From there, servicing the 'queue' while the session runs, kicking rule breakers, etc  either doesn't exist or would benefit greatly from a guide book.    tia

Viper900 #2 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 11:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8937 battles
  • [FADES] FADES
Well, hosts have the ability to add players onto the team selectively. Trolls can stay left out and can be actually demobilized from the room, while players can participate in the training room. Most are for fun to take a break from pubs every once in a while, however I hardly see any for the sheer purposes of training.

Grasschopper #3 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 12:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 33225 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL

Training rooms are sort of wild westy.  Best thing to do if you're serious about it is to get a group together that wants to learn a map or a play or whatever and make a private room.  Get on Discord or Team Speak to have good voice comms with the group.

Our clan will do them at times before going to a new clan war map to go over our strats.  Some people use them to work on climbs.  Other's to learn about the spotting system.  Open rooms are pretty much a playground.  I've seen my son play 'hind 'n seek' and do stuff like try to arty people out of the air while jumping off bridges.  Open rooms are a waste of time IMO.

da_Rock002 #4 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostViper900, on Mar 20 2017 - 05:38, said:

Well, hosts have the ability to add players onto the team selectively. Trolls can stay left out and can be actually demobilized from the room, while players can participate in the training room. Most are for fun to take a break from pubs every once in a while, however I hardly see any for the sheer purposes of training.

That sounds great.

Where do you find out how to add players after you move the teams to the map?

Is there a way for the 'controlling player' to bring players into the session while the session is in progress?

Where do you find out how to eject a player?    The only 'guide' I've found says the controlling player should shoot them. 

Is there a real guide somewhere,  or is there really no additional functionality beyond shooting?

da_Rock002 #5 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostGrasschopper, on Mar 20 2017 - 06:59, said:

Training rooms are sort of wild westy.  Best thing to do if you're serious about it is to get a group together that wants to learn a map or a play or whatever and make a private room.  Get on Discord or Team Speak to have good voice comms with the group.

Our clan will do them at times before going to a new clan war map to go over our strats.  Some people use them to work on climbs.  Other's to learn about the spotting system.  Open rooms are pretty much a playground.  I've seen my son play 'hind 'n seek' and do stuff like try to arty people out of the air while jumping off bridges.  Open rooms are a waste of time IMO.

Does your clan have a TT expert who knows how to do more than open the room and move to the next map.    There doesn't look like there is much more functionality than that as far as I have found moving the cursor around and punching keys to see if something happens. 

I was really hoping there would be some members who've stumbled over ways to do things like ejecting dorks or bringing in new players off the waiting list while the session is running.          

Nunya_000 #6 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 17:20

Major

• Players
  • 20477 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 20 2017 - 07:47, said:

Does your clan have a TT expert who knows how to do more than open the room and move to the next map.    There doesn't look like there is much more functionality than that as far as I have found moving the cursor around and punching keys to see if something happens. 

I was really hoping there would be some members who've stumbled over ways to do things like ejecting dorks or bringing in new players off the waiting list while the session is running.          

Training rooms are like battles without being actual battles.  Once they are created and activated, there is no way to bring others in or to kick "jerks" from the battle.  The only thing you can do is to not include the "jerks" in your next training room session.

da_Rock002 #7 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 18:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 20 2017 - 11:20, said:

Training rooms are like battles without being actual battles.  Once they are created and activated, there is no way to bring others in or to kick "jerks" from the battle.  The only thing you can do is to not include the "jerks" in your next training room session.

Hadn't thought about it that way.   Thanks.

What bothered me about that detail was how little the 'shopper' can tell about each session in the list that's up front in the mode.   My first take was there must be a way for the controlling player can bring those guys in.      You can see the session players leaving and coming back in another tank, so maybe there was a way to move new new players in.    There doesn't appear to be and you've given the reason that is.   

Serving the shoppers would be a good idea.   Letting them know they won't get in until the present session cycles and when that will be seems to be something left out of the overall logic.  

The controller has a message space that shows in the front page.   I guess I'll try to give some clue when the session will cycle next.   When you're interested in a session you have little way to tell if it's actually active, or if so when it'll "be active" again.      Providing that info would be good.    ok.....

ok...   anybody know how to kick the jerks?  

Grasschopper #8 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 33225 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL

View Postda_Rock002, on Mar 20 2017 - 10:47, said:

I'm pretty sure you can't do that.  Once you've started the training battle...that's it, you're in.  When you're in the staging area, setting up teams...that where you can kick people off the team...but I'm pretty sure that's the only place you can do that.  That's why when we do this we always set up rooms by invitation only.

da_Rock002 #9 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostGrasschopper, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:39, said:

I'm pretty sure you can't do that.  Once you've started the training battle...that's it, you're in.  When you're in the staging area, setting up teams...that where you can kick people off the team...but I'm pretty sure that's the only place you can do that.  That's why when we do this we always set up rooms by invitation only.

Thanks again.

I wonder why they talk about kicking.   You don't have to do it in the staging area.   Just don't drag them from the bottom window up to either team list.   ---- oh wait, it just dawned on me that I'm assuming the players left in the bottom window aren't brought into the map.   Gotta check that.  -----  

If they aren't brought in from the bottom window, all the invitation only would do for you is avoid the drop-ins who don't know it's a clan session.   It looks like WG hasn't thought this out completely, or never had to use it.  

I just ran another couple of sessions and there really doesn't seem to be anything much that can be done when in the match except pull the plug.  

The existing functionality leaves out a lot. 

da_Rock002 #10 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 18:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

It appears not too many have experience with or in Team Training rooms.

The mode isn't very well thought out by WoT, and documentation is the usual. 

BTW, so far nobody has brought up any way for the room controller to enforce rules, nor how to boot someone breaking them. 

I've introduced a few suggestions over on that forum, but am told that forum is pretty much ignored by WG. 

Edited by da_Rock002, Apr 17 2017 - 18:06.

Nunya_000 #11 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 20477 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postda_Rock002, on Apr 17 2017 - 09:01, said:

It appears not too many have experience with or in Team Training rooms.

The mode isn't very well thought out by WoT, and documentation is the usual. 

BTW, so far nobody has brought up any way for the room controller to enforce rules, nor how to boot someone breaking them. 

I've introduced a few suggestions over on that forum, but am told that forum is pretty much ignored by WG. 

I though it was explained to you fairly well.

1. Create a training room.  This will create the Training Room Lobby.

2. You need at least 1 other player in order to be able to enter the map.

3. As players enter the Lobby, you can move them and assign team.

4. If there is a player that you do not want to be in your training room, do not assign them to a team.

5. Once you have the team with the assigned player you like, hit the button to actually enter the training room map that you selected.

6. Once on the training room map, you can not kick a player out. You are stuck with them in that battle until that "battle" is over and you go back to the lobby.

7. If a player violates your rules in an individual battle, just do not assign them to a team for your next battle.

da_Rock002 #12 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 20:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Apr 17 2017 - 13:56, said:

I though it was explained to you fairly well.

1. Create a training room.  This will create the Training Room Lobby.

2. You need at least 1 other player in order to be able to enter the map.

3. As players enter the Lobby, you can move them and assign team.

4. If there is a player that you do not want to be in your training room, do not assign them to a team.

5. Once you have the team with the assigned player you like, hit the button to actually enter the training room map that you selected.

6. Once on the training room map, you can not kick a player out. You are stuck with them in that battle until that "battle" is over and you go back to the lobby.

7. If a player violates your rules in an individual battle, just do not assign them to a team for your next battle.

Thank you for providing the very basics for newbies who haven't heard that. 

As for what you thought, I've been actively setting up rooms since before "it was explained" to me in very meager detail, detail that grew to what you just now posted

Edited by da_Rock002, Apr 17 2017 - 20:51.

da_Rock002 #13 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 20:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3842 battles

BTW, for anyone looking for a fairly decent explanation,  look through a thread that popped up today asking for help understanding those rooms.    Post #13 is pretty good.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/539214-training-room-question/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users