• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Chivalrous_Vet_disabled #41 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 13661 battles
  • [HONOR] HONOR

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 20 2017 - 11:34, said:

If people don't like to use wn8 to measure player skill, use average xp in their tanks instead since it is based more on how much you help your teams. If you are being more active in your battles and effective, you will average higher xp in your tanks compared to others that don't do as much. I have seen some of the best players have close to 1000 average xp in most of their mid to high tier tanks. Tiers 1-4 are kind of crap so I don't bother looking at those. From tiers 6 and up, a great player will average 900-1000 xp in his tanks. If you are averaging below 500 in mid to high tiers, you are one of the players being carried to your wins in most battles. 

Now That Is A Brilliant Idea!!!  Thank You!!!!!  With An Accurate "Measuring Stick" I Can Actually Measure Myself - not the teams.

I have been needing something - because when you use a lot of stock tanks and 75% Crews on Standard Acct -- it is super difficult to figure out if you are doing enough to carry your own weight with what you have to play with.

With this Brilliant Idea - I want to go back and look at my average exp and see where I can pick it up!!

I started 'ignoring' the scores simply because no matter how well I do; when the team folds up - I get more negative win rates.  That makes some want to quit playing.  I decided forget it; this game is helping me to redevelop my motor skills and I need those to do things all by myself in the real world.  I do use a special input device to play though, mostly the game is helping my mind remember right from left without needing to look at my hands and think about which one is which.  The game forces me to think much faster with the added : IF you do not turn the gun Now in the correct direction you will die incentive to it!!

I am thinking I am better than bellow average as I have been completing the T25 Pilot Missions - Today's is already done - I'm able to relax until tomorrow!  : - )

Thank You So Extremely Much for giving me a useful "measuring stick" for the average 'joe' guy!

I get on this game for camaraderie and the opportunity to be part of a Team again -- I try to do my very very very Best in *every* battle I load into!  I don't even click that button unless I am in the right frame of mind - to Fight - to Win!!!!

(unlike some others I am okay with losing since it is just a game; as long as I feel I did adequately provide my Team with at least the base minimum of my vehicle's average performance)

It's super hard sometimes if entire flanks fold up and the opponents are rushing in like a flood -- you have milliseconds to decide how and where to position to get enough damage; and if at all possible, carry the whole Team, if you can!

I have carried a few Teams; though in my condition it is rare.  The day I got "Ace" in my Fury was one of those "carry the Team" rare moments for me!!!!!  : - D

I will now 'ignore' the win rate and be able to focus on my own average exp per battles!  Now I have something that I alone can actually influence and tell me if I myself am improving or not!  That really really helps me after getting over my recent seizures in my brain - I've been trying to slowly get back into "top form" like I once was.  It is a process and I watch tons of "Training" videos on Youtube and Live Streamers and reading lots of webpages for tips and hints and strategies!  Having something that can actually be used and understood gives me a Goal -- just like in my favorite racing sims -- the -lap time- gives me a definitive goal to achieve.  Before you posted on here I did not have *anything* definitive to use.  Now I finally have something!!!  Now I can finally measure my own performance and see what needs improving most!  Average Exp Per Tank :: Brilliant!!!

THANK YOU!!!!! : - D

scharnhorst310 #42 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 24435 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 20 2017 - 08:34, said:

If people don't like to use wn8 to measure player skill, use average xp in their tanks instead since it is based more on how much you help your teams. If you are being more active in your battles and effective, you will average higher xp in your tanks compared to others that don't do as much. I have seen some of the best players have close to 1000 average xp in most of their mid to high tier tanks. Tiers 1-4 are kind of crap so I don't bother looking at those. From tiers 6 and up, a great player will average 900-1000 xp in his tanks. If you are averaging below 500 in mid to high tiers, you are one of the players being carried to your wins in most battles. 

From what I recall though avg xp doesn't take into account whether person has prem account or not. I could one day play without premium, and another day with premium, and it would be difficult to figure out how well i've been playing. 

I do like avg xp though, i just wish they took that into account. 

aethervox #43 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:53

Major

• Players
  • 24716 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

View PostLaceylace, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:01, said:

two words:

git

gud

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:02, said:

two words.....

brain

washed

Note to Cthulhu hunter: You are responding to one if those 'things' that are said to live under a bridge & that likes to feed on unsuspecting Forum travellers (aka posters it wants to annoy).

Kenshin2kx #44 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 12564 battles

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 02:58, said:

I am done posting on this forum. All I get are responses like "git gud", or "you suck", or "quit whining". No thought, no reasonable consideration, just responses from 12 year olds. 

While I agree responses on this thread are not exactly 'nurturing' ... I would say that it would be value added for you to consider the context of where these comments are coming from ... as has been mentioned, the tier spread used to be much wider, the rules more chaotic and to top it off, far less in the way of player improvement material.  So it can be argued with merit that many of the 'old time' players, had to endure a understandably more primative and often harsher experience than what the 'new' present generation player is accustomed to ... Case in point, another thread concurrent with this one ... praises the recent introduction of "personal reserve" - the OP goes on to explain that with such game advances, the new player has the ability to potentially speed up the adoption of perks at a substantially increased rate over what was possible before ... In short, the new player has many advantages over what the older established player had at an equivalent level of gaming participation.  So, as I see it, when the player types "git gud" or "quit whining" ... a large portion of the motivation towards the remark IMHO can be found in the often unspoken message.  "walk a mile in my shoes in terms of WoT ... before you bemoan your 'difficult and unfair' experience"  

My .02

the_Deadly_Bulb #45 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15298 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 04:58, said:

I am done posting on this forum. All I get are responses like "git gud", or "you suck", or "quit whining". No thought, no reasonable consideration, just responses from 12 year olds.

Well don't let the door whack your backside on the way out.

Reviewing your content one can easily form the opinion that you are a somewhat childish whiner who spends a lot of time posting what you think should be removed from the game and how you're done and you're going to quit. I guess its time you put up or shut up. You don't seem to like this game, why play it. Go find some other game, maybe it'll be one you can play or enjoy without obsessing on how you'd be better if they just nerfed something, or removed something, or made it easier for you.

cthulhu_hunter #46 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 11:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24320 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:00, said:

You are the agent of your own destruction on these forums, you get back what you post.

When you post utter garbage like "HE shoot myself to death for about 5 battles in a row" or "resets the WOT rigging procedure" you lose all rights to expect "reasonable consideration". Unless you give up your habit of posting awful nonsense you're going to continue to get a rough reception from the forums.

You post bunk, you get debunked, you ignore it.

You post garbage, people call you out on it, you accuse the forums of mistreating you.

There's a clear pattern, and as long as you fail to understand your responsibility for that pattern it's going to continue.

I was trying to show absurdity by being absurd. You have the time and the will to look up players previous posts and "copy & paste" them? Wow, seriously? You need to get out more........

shinglefoot #47 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 11:54

Major

• Players
  • 19406 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

Yup that's exactly what you were doing...

Not buying it, nice try tho...

scharnhorst310 #48 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 24435 battles
  • [RS] RS

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 21 2017 - 02:34, said:

I was trying to show absurdity by being absurd. You have the time and the will to look up players previous posts and "copy & paste" them? Wow, seriously? You need to get out more........

wow attempting to insult a person who did research on a subject before making a post. It suddenly becomes clear the caliber of person you are. Thousands of hours of life in this game, and the best you can muster is the astounding heights of mediocrity... where you ask questions on these forums that 6 and half seconds of looking you could find the answers to... yeah everyone else is bad, you are true genius here; makes way more sense now. 

Face it, you are just a normal pubtard... lots of you out there; you come and you go just like everyone else does. Nobody cares directly, because your value to this game is simply in your ability to press that big red "battle' button over and over so players can kill you, get xp, and grind to the next tank. The best part, nothing wrong with that. Just don't go pretending that you leaving, or hell you even thinking for half a second that you've got some enlightened opinion about anything to do with this game; tens of thousands of your caliber each thinking they are special snowflakes. You've had years, and you've had time to learn; but you actively chose not to. So i understand that git gud isn't an option anymore for you, just understand your role in this game. All that reminds me of the phrase "The world needs ditch diggers"

Edited by scharnhorst310, Mar 21 2017 - 19:11.

Doomslinger #49 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 53764 battles

View Postscharnhorst310, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:50, said:

From what I recall though avg xp doesn't take into account whether person has prem account or not. I could one day play without premium, and another day with premium, and it would be difficult to figure out how well i've been playing. 

I do like avg xp though, i just wish they took that into account. 

Look in the garage at their tanks and the average xp in them is the average base xp. 

Pipinghot #50 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 24851 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 21 2017 - 05:34, said:

Oh no! I've been defeated by the classic "you have no life" argument on the internet. No wait, that's a stupid argument that means absolutely nothing, it turns out that's just one more thing you're wrong about.

If you don't want your own words to be used against you then don't post on the forums. That's how the written word works, it stays online whether you like it or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users