Game is for "Pro" players anymore

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Rake #21 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:47

Major

• Players
  • 46917 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on Mar 20 2017 - 07:23, said:

No it isn't...you are responsible for your own play. The only problem with MM is tier and class imbalance ie. 8 vs 2 heavies and etc. The new MM should fix that but it is not the fix you are looking for.

I am a below average player who is improving, glacially, and this game is for everyone.

Except heavies aren't an advantage.

Pipinghot #22 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:49

Major

• Players
  • 25813 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 06:48, said:

This game has become one for the "Pro" player, especially at higher tiers.
[snip]
I also hope that this game will finally be based on player skill.

If you think the game is not currently based on player skill, what exactly do you mean by "'Pro' Player". There are only a few dozens of people who make money playing this game so that can't be what you're talking about, what do you actually mean when you say "Pro" players? So far you're not making sense, those other players you talked about have "stats 4 or 5 times mine in tier 8 tanks" got those stats by playing better than you, in what way is is unfair for higher skilled players to have better stats?

BigMeatHammer #23 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:58

Major

• Players
  • 47664 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostCup_Of_Soup, on Mar 20 2017 - 08:38, said:

Sounds like someone needs to take a break from the game: I highly recommend role-playing as an autistic anime girl and obsessing over the color purple for an extended period of time

Great idea

Such is that

As it was

My Friend

Doc_Ebs #24 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16659 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG

View PostBigMeatHammer, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:58, said:

Great idea

Such is that

As it was

My Friend

The cancer is spreading... hide the op seal clubbing tanks!

Pipinghot #25 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 25813 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 07:58, said:

I am done posting on this forum. All I get are responses like "git gud", or "you suck", or "quit whining". No thought, no reasonable consideration, just responses from 12 year olds. 

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:48, said:

When I lose a bunch of battles in a row, which happens way more than statistically possible, I simply drown myself, or crash, or HE shoot myself to death for about 5 battles in a row. This generally resets the WG WOT rigging procedure that automatically makes battles unfair for one side. From there, I win at least one in a row before the massive losses in a row from which I start said procedure all over again. 

You are the agent of your own destruction on these forums, you get back what you post.

When you post utter garbage like "HE shoot myself to death for about 5 battles in a row" or "resets the WOT rigging procedure" you lose all rights to expect "reasonable consideration". Unless you give up your habit of posting awful nonsense you're going to continue to get a rough reception from the forums.

You post bunk, you get debunked, you ignore it.

You post garbage, people call you out on it, you accuse the forums of mistreating you.

There's a clear pattern, and as long as you fail to understand your responsibility for that pattern it's going to continue.

arbiter375 #26 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 17320 battles
  • [SJW] SJW

View PostRowogue, on Mar 20 2017 - 07:09, said:

two words

whine

more

I do love some nice cheese with my whine, wouldnt you agree my man?

frumpylumps #27 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:17

Captain

• Players
  • 32154 battles
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ

View PostRowogue, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:09, said:

two words

whine

more

We should all be like you and whine about valid complaints

Edited by frumpylumps, Mar 20 2017 - 15:18.

millhill2011 #28 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 40320 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
Can't we all just get along ?

arbiter375 #29 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 17320 battles
  • [SJW] SJW

View Postmillhill2011, on Mar 20 2017 - 09:21, said:

Can't we all just get along ?

This is WoT, so probably not

shinglefoot #30 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:31

Major

• Players
  • 19692 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 08:58, said:

I am done posting on this forum. All I get are responses like "git gud", or "you suck", or "quit whining". No thought, no reasonable consideration, just responses from 12 year olds. 

​     I'm almost 50 and posted the truth...albeit more diplomatically than some others...

shinglefoot #31 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 19692 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postfrumpylumps, on Mar 20 2017 - 10:17, said:

We should all be like you and whine about valid complaints

Or like you and tk premium tank drivers...:sceptic:

wh1skybarrel #32 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:35

Major

• Players
  • 19599 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

Please remember that everyone started at the same place, on the same level, and had to overcome the same obstacles, when they decided to play this game.

You have two choices, you can give up and quit playing the game, or you can practice and play at a higher level like those you are speaking about have.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

:)

BrassFire #33 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1913 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:02, said:

two words.....

brain

washed

... Brainwashed is one word though...

Doomslinger #34 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 58745 battles

If you like being top tier here are the best tiers for getting that the majority of the time: 2, 5, 8,9,10. 

Avoid tiers 3,4,6,7 if you don't like being bottom tier more often. Sometimes tiers 6 and 7 will give you several top tier battles but it really depends on how many players are flooding tier 8 with all the premiums they have up there now. Time of day can affect that. Try switch servers and see if that helps you get top tier 6 battles more.

Chivalrous_Vet_disabled #35 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 13986 battles
  • [HONOR] HONOR

The only thing I do not "like" is Players who blindly insult other Players -- Please, read my Forum Profile page: I am a disabled American US Soldier .... However; IF, you watch any of my videos of how I play the game, I *always* look for a way to use my own personal strengths as an advantage - as a strategy in battles.

Your Tier VI Rudy in a Tier VIII fight - try to be a flank "sniper" and get shots in outside of the max view of opponents.  No place to do that.... Find a knowledgeable heavy tank; there should at least be one of them, (sometimes there is none lol), but anyways; if you find yourself in a corridor - place your Rudy a maximum of about a city "block" behind a knowledgeable heavy tank on your team.  Angle yourself to mimic their angle; when they roll out to fire, you roll out with them.. the instant they fire and pull back - you wait, you fire, you dart back with them!  Second Option: not as profitable; you stay on guard behind your heavies and make sure no opponents flank behind them ... by this I mean: you keep your heavy tanks within firing range - you sit right behind them and watch the map diligently; you look for any opportunities to guard the rear!  In a very very difficult fight I am known to even turn my tank opposite to the front lines so my armor is ready for any flanking opponents - and the Rudy has decent enough speed to get back to make a defense of your artillery as well.  You may hate artillery in the game; but if you do not defend yours - it can determine a win or a loss for your whole team at times!  Practice the "shadowing peek-a-boom!" strategy.

As for the scores; I don't give a "hoot" about the scores anymore, I trained myself to not even open that tab... If you provide support for your Team, if you are one of the last to die on your Team and you have been fighting and dealing damage the whole time -- It Is Enough!!  PLEASE ENJOY THE GAME  I've gone to battle with complete "morons" who make us disabled handicapped Vets look like "Pros" in comparison... omg; but, I personally *never* criticize anyone else no matter how awful they are.  Criticizing someone else on a video game will quickly lead to the same toxic behaviors surfacing in your real life!  Just play the game - Do Your Best - and don't sweat losses if you gave enough for the Team's Benefit - it's just a game!  If you deal enough damage, block enough damage, and spot enough... you did a good job win or lose -- one tank cannot win the whole battle if half the Team disappears in five minutes -- it just can't be done!!  Recently eight of about ten teams dissolve in 5 to 8 minutes; leaving just the Players using their armor and wits to glean what scores they can before the "hammer" falls!!!!  There really is nothing you can do when half the team folds up and you've done everything you should.

Here's a little Hint also :: WN8 is measured in "real time" -- how much damage you have done and blocked (not received), it does also include some stats on spotting and assists etc over a given numerical time span.  Let's say; like myself, you only use the game as a Tool to recover from neurological injuries... you can only play five or eight battles every other day or so... you will not have a high a WN8 because you are not providing enough statistical data for the website to gather on you!  You play maybe 10 battles the whole week versus the guys playing 50 a [day] - [I accidentally put week] -- you will always come up statistically low!  WN8 records player efficiencies - to be really efficient - you have to be a "dedicated" player getting awesome matches consistently.  My advice would be simple : focus on getting your average damage up real high on your high tier tanks!  If you can at least put out 2k damage or more every battle - then you are providing your Teams the adequate effectiveness they deserve!  It's not as easy as it sounds due to RNG, "biased turrets" haha, and Players who use armor properly -- getting rounds to land effectively can be quite a challenge!  More recent for myself has been an increase in RNG where shots fly completely outside of the reticle into the blue sky??  Most of the time my shots are very very calculated, as per my accuracy scores... but just recently preventing bizarre anomalies has become a serious challenge; also massive packet losses are causing lack of vehicle control and "ghost" shots on the NA servers!  A large percentage of Youtube "Pros" are on the EU servers; they aren't having all the difficulties we are right now.

So, if, you are a super casual Player, yet, you give your Teams adequate battle efficiency -- don't worry about the scores at all.  The missions going on, the packet losses, the increased RNG - I've played this since Open Beta - it is increased just recently, close range seems fine, but getting those longer range shots to land; a bit more iffy than it was before!

You Just Focus On Staying Alive - Conserve Your Hit Points - While Dealing Damage Effectively - It Is Better To Dodge Incoming Damage Than Block It!!

Another Helpful Hint: usually on average the highest scores (WN8) goes to those who play highly armored and highly mobile mediums; because the system is tracking how much damage you deal compared to how much you receive per battle per time span.  If you can dodge and block damage while dealing high amounts of damage you will have higher scores (WN8).

The reason I do not care about the scores mostly; I cannot afford to "elite" every single tank I play.  I run a huge amount of stock tanks -- I use the strategies I offered about supporting other Teammates with my stock tanks. However the WN8 for the tank I am using is based upon the average 100% Crew (not 75%) and fully upgraded modules, then it calculates the overall average of the best matches in that tank and sets the "mark" on the "scale" needed to achieve efficient play in that tank.  If you don't have a fully upgraded tank with fully skilled out crew - you will *never* reach the base WN8 averages set for the vehicle.

Lastly: I have looked into the WN8 system and I have found that it is entirely "paddable!"  Meaning, use a specific tank, get some "trolling" battles with it, and that is all it takes to raise your WN8 overtime.  Sorry, I do not put any interest in something that can be "padded" as I personally would feel cheap for doing that.  A Real Pro Player most often tends to be a Mentor, Helper, and Encourager of other Players.  They have natural talents with the game; they often share "hidden" insights with others without insulting them.  In a Team game like this, your Mentors want you to do better!  They want you to learn and grow so the gameplay can improve overall.  When you look at their stats they have excellent scores on just about every tank they touch!!  That is a True Pro!  Someone with a high WN8, when you check and see they only use a specific vehicle consistently and they constantly insult others ... they are not a pro player : that is a "stat-padding" system cheater!  They're cheap attitude usually goes along with their cheap scores!  I have met several True Pro Players and every one of them is Super Helpful!!!  Many of them make Youtube channels for other's benefits!  Don't be mistaken though; *everybody* playing video games gets frustrated at given moments and *anyone* can become grumpy and throw a minor insult from time to time!  That's almost a guarantee in video games due to the challenge aspect of it.

One Final Note:

-- EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO CHANGE IN WOT --

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/gdc-2017/

I Hope that my taking the time to type this up helps someone.

"Semper Fi" - from the Navy Guy!  :honoring:

^(you'll have to read my "About Me" bellow videos and photos to get that)

Edited by Chivalrous_Vet_disabled, Mar 20 2017 - 17:19.

BrassFire #36 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1913 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV

View PostChivalrous_Vet_disabled, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:55, said:

The only thing I do not "like" is Players who blindly insult other Players -- Please, read my Forum Profile page: I am a disabled American US Soldier .... However; IF, you watch any of my videos of how I play the game, I *always* look for a way to use my own personal strengths as an advantage - as a strategy in battles.

Your Tier VI Rudy in a Tier VIII fight - try to be a flank "sniper" and get shots in outside of the max view of opponents.  No place to do that.... Find a knowledgeable heavy tank; there should at least be one of them, (sometimes there is none lol), but anyways; if you find yourself in a corridor - place your Rudy a maximum of about a city "block" behind a knowledgeable heavy tank on your team.  Angle yourself to mimic their angle; when they roll out to fire, you roll out with them.. the instant they fire and pull back - you wait, you fire, you dart back with them!  Second Option: not as profitable; you stay on guard behind your heavies and make sure no opponents flank behind them ... by this I mean: you keep your heavy tanks within firing range - you sit right behind them and watch the map diligently; you look for any opportunities to guard the rear!  In a very very difficult fight I am known to even turn my tank opposite to the front lines so my armor is ready for any flanking opponents - and the Rudy has decent enough speed to get back to make a defense of your artillery as well.  You may hate artillery in the game; but if you do not defend yours - it can determine a win or a loss for your whole team at times!  Practice the "shadowing peek-a-boom!" strategy.

As for the scores; I don't give a "hoot" about the scores anymore, I trained myself to not even open that tab... If you provide support for your Team, if you are one of the last to die on your Team and you have been fighting and dealing damage the whole time -- It Is Enough!!  PLEASE ENJOY THE GAME  I've gone to battle with complete "morons" who make us disabled handicapped Vets look like "Pros" in comparison... omg; but, I personally *never* criticize anyone else no matter how awful they are.  Criticizing someone else on a video game will quickly lead to the same toxic behaviors surfacing in your real life!  Just play the game - Do Your Best - and don't sweat losses if you gave enough for the Team's Benefit - it's just a game!  If you deal enough damage, block enough damage, and spot enough... you did a good job win or lose -- one tank cannot win the whole battle if half the Team disappears in five minutes -- it just can't be done!!  Recently eight of about ten teams dissolve in 5 to 8 minutes; leaving just the Players using their armor and wits to glean what scores they can before the "hammer" falls!!!!  There really is nothing you can do when half the team folds up and you've done everything you should.

Here's a little Hint also :: WN8 is measured in "real time" -- how much damage you have done and blocked (not received) over a given numerical time span.  Let's say; like myself, you only use the game as a Tool to recover from neurological injuries... you can only play five or eight battles every other day or so... you will not have a high a WN8 because you are not providing enough statistical data for the website to gather on you!  You play maybe 10 battles the whole week versus the guys playing 50 a week -- you will always come up statistically low!  WN8 records player efficiencies - to be really efficient - you have to be a "dedicated" player getting awesome matches consistently.  My advice would be simple : focus on getting your average damage up real high on your high tier tanks!  If you can at least put out 2k damage or more every battle - then you are providing your Teams the adequate effectiveness they deserve!  It's not as easy as it sounds due to RNG, "biased turrets" haha, and Players who use armor properly -- getting rounds to land effectively can be quite a challenge!  More recent for myself has been an increase in RNG where shots fly completely outside of the reticle into the blue sky??  Most of the time my shots are very very calculated, as per my accuracy scores... but just recently preventing bizarre anomalies has become a serious challenge; also massive packet losses are causing lack of vehicle control and "ghost" shots on the NA servers!  A large percentage of Youtube "Pros" are on the EU servers; they aren't having all the difficulties we are right now.

So, if, you are a super casual Player, yet, you give your Teams adequate battle efficiency -- don't worry about the scores at all.  The missions going on, the packet losses, the increased RNG - I've played this since Open Beta - it is increased just recently, close range seems fine, but getting those longer range shots to land; a bit more iffy than it was before!

You Just Focus On Staying Alive - Conserve Your Hit Points - While Dealing Damage Effectively - It Is Better To Dodge Incoming Damage Than Block It!!

Another Helpful Hint: usually on average the highest scores (WN8) goes to those who play highly armored and highly mobile mediums; because the system is tracking how much damage you deal compared to how much you receive per battle per time span.  If you can dodge and block damage while dealing high amounts of damage you will have higher scores (WN8).

The reason I do not care about the scores mostly; I cannot afford to "elite" every single tank I play.  I run a huge amount of stock tanks -- I use the strategies I offered about supporting other Teammates with my stock tanks. However the WN8 for the tank I am using is based upon the average 100% Crew (not 75%) and fully upgraded modules, then it calculates the overall average of the best matches in that tank and sets the "mark" on the "scale" needed to achieve efficient play in that tank.  If you don't have a fully upgraded tank with fully skilled out crew - you will *never* reach the base WN8 averages set for the vehicle.

Lastly: I have looked into the WN8 system and I have found that it is entirely "paddable!"  Meaning, use a specific tank, get some "trolling" battles with it, and that is all it takes to raise your WN8 overtime.  Sorry, I do not put any interest in something that can be "padded" as I personally would feel cheap for doing that.  A Real Pro Player most often tends to be a Mentor, Helper, and Encourager of other Players.  They have natural talents with the game; they often share "hidden" insights with others without insulting them.  In a Team game like this, your Mentors want you to do better!  They want you to learn and grow so the gameplay can improve overall.  When you look at their stats they have excellent scores on just about every tank they touch!!  That is a True Pro!  Someone with a high WN8, when you check and see they only use a specific vehicle consistently and they constantly insult others ... they are not a pro player : that is a "stat-padding" system cheater!  They're cheap attitude usually goes along with their cheap scores!  I have met several True Pro Players and every one of them is Super Helpful!!!  Many of them make Youtube channels for other's benefits!  Don't be mistaken though; *everybody* playing video games gets frustrated at given moments and *anyone* can become grumpy and throw a minor insult from time to time!  That's almost a guarantee in video games due to the challenge aspect of it.

One Final Note:

-- EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO CHANGE IN WOT --

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/gdc-2017/

I Hope that my taking the time to type this up helps someone.

"Semper Fi" - from the Navy Guy!  :honoring:

^(you'll have to read my "About Me" bellow videos and photos to get that)

Thank you for your service sir.

scharnhorst310 #37 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 24435 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostChivalrous_Vet_disabled, on Mar 20 2017 - 06:55, said:

snip

We know wn8 is a measure of efficiency... because that is how you delineate good players from bad. I've seen horrific mouth breathers get a top gun medal, but in this game, which is about thousands and thousands of battles 1 game doesn't have a ton of value. It is about playing at a high level consistently. Plenty of dummies who can luck themselves into a good battle; but true skill is taking all those battles which don't go the way you want, which aren't stacked in your favor, and turning those around. 

Since statistically we all get the same number of dreadful teams, same number of amazing teams, and the same number of all the ones in between... the one variable is you the player. How well do you play, and the cumulative effect on all your battles determines how much you win in the long run. Wn8 is quick and easy measuring stick to see that, allowing you to see the past, and the present. 

Edited by scharnhorst310, Mar 20 2017 - 16:46.

Doomslinger #38 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 58745 battles

View Postscharnhorst310, on Mar 20 2017 - 11:46, said:

We know wn8 is a measure of efficiency... because that is how you delineate good players from bad. I've seen horrific mouth breathers get a top gun medal, but in this game, which is about thousands and thousands of battles 1 game doesn't have a ton of value. It is about playing at a high level consistently. Plenty of dummies who can luck themselves into a good battle; but true skill is taking all those battles which don't go the way you want, which aren't stacked in your favor, and turning those around. 

Since statistically we all get the same number of dreadful teams, same number of amazing teams, and the same number of all the ones in between... the one variable is you the player. How well do you play, and the cumulative effect on all your battles determines how much you win in the long run. Wn8 is quick and easy measuring stick to see that, allowing you to see the past, and the present. 

If people don't like to use wn8 to measure player skill, use average xp in their tanks instead since it is based more on how much you help your teams. If you are being more active in your battles and effective, you will average higher xp in your tanks compared to others that don't do as much. I have seen some of the best players have close to 1000 average xp in most of their mid to high tier tanks. Tiers 1-4 are kind of crap so I don't bother looking at those. From tiers 6 and up, a great player will average 900-1000 xp in his tanks. If you are averaging below 500 in mid to high tiers, you are one of the players being carried to your wins in most battles. 

_Gungrave_ #39 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 35134 battles
Was gonna ignore this as another whining post but I have to comment on one thing...OP learn how to post an image and not attatch it as a tumbnail.

Markd73 #40 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 28239 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View Postshinglefoot, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:32, said:

Or like you and tk premium tank drivers...:sceptic:

I look forward to seeing him in battle and hopefully say hi...especially if I am in my 252, Skorpian, Patriot or Liberte. I am sure he is a nice guy and will react in a positive and uplifting manner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users