Jump to content


Tank balance

balance future

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Motok0 #1 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:05

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

I think everyone realizes there are lot of underperforming/overperforming tanks.

 

I think WG should focus on balancing these before introducing new tanks... I'm not saying to nerf or buff into oblivion.

 

Just a few examples of underperforming would be: Panther 1 line, Tiger 2, Caernvaron Foch 155 

 

and then the overperforming T67, Cromwell, T29, M53/M55, Swedish TDs, Defender, 0-1 Exp, Hetzer, etc. 

 

There are a lot more and maybe people will have a different of opinion on which tanks are too strong/weak but data can be obtained which doesnt lie.

 

 

 

 



Altwar #2 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 47199 battles
  • 1,822
  • [A-F] A-F
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Data doesn't lie but its interpretation can mislead.  

 

Is a tank OP when it is a high performer but has only limited availability?  Because limited availability can mean that the players using it may be better than the average player which makes the tank look better than it is.  Also limited availability can mean low exposure which can mean it can take players a while to figure out its strength and vulnerabilities.

 

By the same measure, a tank widely available to the community that seems to be a high performer needs a closer look at things:  like how long has it been out?  What is the skill of the average player per battle using it?  Are there any events contributing to a high/low usage (like the current win 10 battles 7 times for the Russian line)?

 

Careful and in depth analysis must be made before any thoughts to a rebalancing can occur.



Handies #3 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 10984 battles
  • 3,814
  • Member since:
    11-19-2010
This dude again... 

Motok0 #4 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View PostHandies, on Mar 20 2017 - 08:29, said:

This dude again... 

 

you must be an E25 and T67 seal clubber.

 

 



Pipinghot #5 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 25799 battles
  • 7,056
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostMotok0, on Mar 20 2017 - 08:05, said:

I think everyone realizes there are lot of underperforming/overperforming tanks.

That's sort of true, but what are you basing it on. What are your criteria for OP/UP tanks, how are you measuring their performance to decide which are OP and which are UP? Until you lay out a good description of how you define OP & UP, there can't be a meaningful discussion on what needs to be changed.

 

Altwar made some really good points, which should illustrate that you can't simply say "that tank is OP" and be done with it, you have to have to be able to articulate why you think it's OP and if there are any extenuating circumstances for the discussion. If you really want to have a meaningful discussion on this topic, start by picking a specific tank, and give a good description of why you think it's OP/UP so that people can offer support or counterpoints to your arguments.

 

You can't just say "fix all the OP & UP tanks", that provides no criteria and is ultimately meaningless, you need to provide something with real meaning in order to have a conversation.



conquestoftheworld #6 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8558 battles
  • 85
  • [PPC] PPC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2012
If you can't beat them, join em

Firebasegloria #7 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 91669 battles
  • 74
  • [TESTY] TESTY
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
just have 1 choice of tank in the game. problem solved. Waite, player, must nerf/buff players now

Karl__Childers #8 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10740 battles
  • 612
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

Do you ever not complain?  Seriously if this bothers you so much find another game.

 

And before you assume I'm a T67, E-25 Seal Clubber go look and see how bad I suck in those tanks.

 

It's not the FREAKIN TANK, it's the player, me included.



Motok0 #9 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:12

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 20 2017 - 08:42, said:

That's sort of true, but what are you basing it on. What are your criteria for OP/UP tanks, how are you measuring their performance to decide which are OP and which are UP? Until you lay out a good description of how you define OP & UP, there can't be a meaningful discussion on what needs to be changed.

 

Altwar made some really good points, which should illustrate that you can't simply say "that tank is OP" and be done with it, you have to have to be able to articulate why you think it's OP and if there are any extenuating circumstances for the discussion. If you really want to have a meaningful discussion on this topic, start by picking a specific tank, and give a good description of why you think it's OP/UP so that people can offer support or counterpoints to your arguments.

 

You can't just say "fix all the OP & UP tanks", that provides no criteria and is ultimately meaningless, you need to provide something with real meaning in order to have a conversation.

 

its not exactly hard to see which tanks are overpowered, minor tweaks arent exactly game changing.

 

Do you really think anyone thinks the T29/E25 are balanced?

 



99wambach #10 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:30

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11551 battles
  • 76
  • [-A1D] -A1D
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012
If you think the Tiger II is underpowered, then you might be insane. I'd like you to try playing in the VK 45.02 A before you ever complain about the good ol' Tiger II again.

Motok0 #11 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View Post99wambach, on Mar 20 2017 - 09:30, said:

If you think the Tiger II is underpowered, then you might be insane. I'd like you to try playing in the VK 45.02 A before you ever complain about the good ol' Tiger II again.

 

thats the t8 on the Pz kpfw line right?  before Vk 45 02 B? 



DJxSAM23 #12 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:56

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11151 battles
  • 13
  • [CA_QC] CA_QC
  • Member since:
    09-10-2012
Cromwell isn't OP, you have to sacrifice your speed for your gun or your gun for the speed.

bredy_ #13 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:09

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 58 battles
  • 294
  • Member since:
    05-26-2015

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:42, said:

 what are you basing it on. What are your criteria for OP/UP tanks, how are you measuring their performance to decide which are OP and which are UP?

 

 

I believe it's obvious that the tanks he owns are UP and the tanks that kill him are OP.

Motok0 #14 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View Postbredy_, on Mar 20 2017 - 10:09, said:

 

I believe it's obvious that the tanks he owns are UP and the tanks that kill him are OP.

 

actually no im pretty objective.

 

 



bredy_ #15 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:26

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 58 battles
  • 294
  • Member since:
    05-26-2015

View PostMotok0, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:13, said:

 

actually no im pretty objective.

 

 

 

I don't find that to be true... it's more like you "jump on the bandwagon".  All your whines are that way.

Nunya_000 #16 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 20575 battles
  • 9,099
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostMotok0, on Mar 20 2017 - 07:13, said:

 

actually no im pretty objective.

 

 

 



Motok0 #17 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View Postbredy_, on Mar 20 2017 - 10:26, said:

 

I don't find that to be true... it's more like you "jump on the bandwagon".  All your whines are that way.

 

ok mr. reroll.

 

anyone wiht a brain knows that some tanks arent balanced.

 

 



Pipinghot #18 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 25799 battles
  • 7,056
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostMotok0, on Mar 20 2017 - 09:12, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 20 2017 - 08:42, said:

That's sort of true, but what are you basing it on. What are your criteria for OP/UP tanks, how are you measuring their performance to decide which are OP and which are UP? Until you lay out a good description of how you define OP & UP, there can't be a meaningful discussion on what needs to be changed.

 

Altwar made some really good points, which should illustrate that you can't simply say "that tank is OP" and be done with it, you have to have to be able to articulate why you think it's OP and if there are any extenuating circumstances for the discussion. If you really want to have a meaningful discussion on this topic, start by picking a specific tank, and give a good description of why you think it's OP/UP so that people can offer support or counterpoints to your arguments.

 

You can't just say "fix all the OP & UP tanks", that provides no criteria and is ultimately meaningless, you need to provide something with real meaning in order to have a conversation.

its not exactly hard to see which tanks are overpowered, minor tweaks arent exactly game changing

That's not an answer. You're still making vague-nothing statements and expecting the universe to dance to your tune, it doesn't work that way.

View PostMotok0, on Mar 20 2017 - 09:12, said:

 Do you really think anyone thinks the T29/E25 are balanced?

Your rhetorical questions is also meaningless. If you are proposing the T29 and E25 as unbalanced tanks, state it explicitly and then provide your arguments/reasons. This isn't the "Psychic Tankers" forum, if you don't make your case then you have no case.

 

State your position, provide your arguments, or you should expect that you will get ignored.

 



Pipinghot #19 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 16:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 25799 battles
  • 7,056
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostMotok0, on Mar 20 2017 - 10:43, said:

ok mr. reroll.

 

anyone wiht a brain knows that some tanks arent balanced.

You're still not having a meaningful discussion.

 

State your position, provide your reasons and argument, or all you will ever get are exchanges like you've been getting here. If you're not satisfied with your forum interactions you have only yourself to blame.



Motok0 #20 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 20 2017 - 10:59, said:

You're still not having a meaningful discussion.

 

State your position, provide your reasons and argument, or all you will ever get are exchanges like you've been getting here. If you're not satisfied with your forum interactions you have only yourself to blame.

 

Ask anyone with a brain as to whether the E25 or T29 are some of the best tanks in the game.

 

 







Also tagged with balance, future

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users