Teamplay

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Comrade_XAM #1 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 15054 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D

Let me start of by saying that I love this game.The crappy Match Maker, the occasionally overpowered tanks and imbalanced maps make the game more interesting. It makes a player constantly adapt to an everchanging situation and therefore keeps me engaged year after year.

One thing I miss is the ability to chat to other teams in game. I have learned much about myself, (my family, my tank, my skills) and have enriched my vocabulary by reading messages from the enemy team.

I wanted to say something to my fellow teammates. I understand that some of you have an inherent need to complain about your team … blaming others is probably in your DNA. I just want to suggest something to every player. You have no basis to blame your team unless you do at least twice your HP in damage (or three times your HP in spotting if you’re a light).

Yes, sometimes your teammates will make mistakes. Here is a suggestion. Look at the minimap or teammates around you. If you see a teammate(s) make a mistake … take advantage of it. Do not let your teammates mistake(s) go in vain. Make the other team pay for it.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Have fun everyone!

84Doc04 #2 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12982 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View PostComrade_XAM, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:15, said:

Let me start of by saying that I love this game.The crappy Match Maker, the occasionally overpowered tanks and imbalanced maps make the game more interesting. It makes a player constantly adapt to an everchanging situation and therefore keeps me engaged year after year.

One thing I miss is the ability to chat to other teams in game. I have learned much about myself, (my family, my tank, my skills) and have enriched my vocabulary by reading messages from the enemy team.

I wanted to say something to my fellow teammates. I understand that some of you have an inherent need to complain about your team … blaming others is probably in your DNA. I just want to suggest something to every player. You have no basis to blame your team unless you do at least twice your HP in damage (or three times your HP in spotting if you’re a light).

Yes, sometimes your teammates will make mistakes. Here is a suggestion. Look at the minimap or teammates around you. If you see a teammate(s) make a mistake … take advantage of it. Do not let your teammates mistake(s) go in vain. Make the other team pay for it.

Have fun everyone!

I love this post.  And I legitimately miss the all chat.  If for nothing else but to compliment an opponent who makes a particularly good play.

_CHILL_ #3 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51359 battles
  • [TNSF] TNSF

View Post84Doc04, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:21, said:

I love this post.  And I legitimately miss the all chat.  If for nothing else but to compliment an opponent who makes a particularly good play.

you can always compliment him after battle

BigMeatHammer #4 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:34

Major

• Players
  • 44153 battles

I miss all-chat also. It's rare but I have 'compliments' waiting in the garage sometimes. I always answer and keep it going as long as I can.

#bringbackallchat

dmckay #5 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:43

Major

• Players
  • 11783 battles

View PostComrade_XAM, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:15, said:

Have fun everyone!

Interesting post but I don't think the vast number of pub players are going to do twice their HP.  That's hard to do and they simply don't.  Now if they all just did their normal HP then hell your team would win every time!  Carry on.  Have fun.

Da_Craw #6 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17617 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Postdmckay, on Mar 20 2017 - 12:43, said:

Interesting post but I don't think the vast number of pub players are going to do twice their HP.  That's hard to do and they simply don't.  Now if they all just did their normal HP then hell your team would win every time!  Carry on.  Have fun.

That's the point.  Most of us should just shut up and quit blaming the other teammates.

Edited by Da_Craw, Mar 20 2017 - 19:45.

Tordenskiold #7 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7786 battles
  • [MOSTB] MOSTB

View Post_CHILL_, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:29, said:

you can always compliment him after battle

I think this is actually more effective anyway. Usually a PM after the battle is some rant about soviet bias or cheating etc. When opening a PM that has a compliment, it is first a little surprising and then very flattering. I like doing it to others as well. I imagine them take the deep breath and do an eyeroll before they open the expected rant message. I hope it makes their day a little better when it turns out to be a compliment instead.

Nudnick #8 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16491 battles
Where did this ridiculous HP law come from ? Just because some guy in Brazil comes up with WotLabs and XVM, and WG allows it, doesn't mean anything to anyone but the stats lovers. HP and damage warriors are the main reason so many players spam premium ammo. Pump up those numbers guys. Have at it.

Spanktankk #9 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 31788 battles
  • [KFB] KFB
I think asking teammates do do 1x their own HP in damage is a better start.  Few do even that.   2x is more in the range of dark green/blue.  I'd be happy if more than 5 teammates werent red/orange.

Kliphie #10 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24281 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostNudnick, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:53, said:

Where did this ridiculous HP law come from ? Just because some guy in Brazil comes up with WotLabs and XVM, and WG allows it, doesn't mean anything to anyone but the stats lovers. HP and damage warriors are the main reason so many players spam premium ammo. Pump up those numbers guys. Have at it.

The goal of the game is to reduce the enemy's HP to zero or cap to 100.  Both of those are greatly aided by doing damage.  

Comrade_XAM #11 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 19:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 15054 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D

View PostNudnick, on Mar 20 2017 - 18:53, said:

It is not about stats ... it is about not throwing stones if you live in a glass house. It is about making sure that you've gone above and beyond to get a win before blaming your team

Tordenskiold #12 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 20:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7786 battles
  • [MOSTB] MOSTB

View PostSpanktankk, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:58, said:

I think asking teammates do do 1x their own HP in damage is a better start.  Few do even that.   2x is more in the range of dark green/blue.  I'd be happy if more than 5 teammates werent red/orange.

I think 2X HP is purple territory. Few random examples of damage needed for purple: IS3 2025, T44 1525,  ISU152 2275, Tiger II 1850, Indien Panzer 1725, Mutz 1900, RU 251 1400. This is ballpark figures, but you get he drift. Source: target damage.com.  

Comrade_XAM #13 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 20:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 15054 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D

View PostTordenskiold, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:11, said:

I think 2X HP is purple territory. Few random examples of damage needed for purple: IS3 2025, T44 1525,  ISU152 2275, Tiger II 1850, Indien Panzer 1725, Mutz 1900, RU 251 1400. This is ballpark figures, but you get he drift. Source: target damage.com.  

You're probably correct ... That being said, any player can occasionally have a great game in almost any tank. All that I am trying to say is that if you are going to be blaming your team ... make sure that you have done you part and you're not contributing to the game being lost.

Tordenskiold #14 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7786 battles
  • [MOSTB] MOSTB

View PostComrade_XAM, on Mar 20 2017 - 20:16, said:

All that I am trying to say is that if you are going to be blaming your team ... make sure that you have done you part and you're not contributing to the game being lost.

No argument about that. just quibbling about what is "doing your part". :)

The way I see it is that unless you play a scout and get plenty of spotting damage, the very minimum you have to do to not be an active hindrance to your team is to do the amount of HP that you took in damage. So if your tank exploded you need to get a fire for effect badge. If you brawled and took 400 damage, your part is to do 400 damage. If you hide in the back and your team lost, then we're back into fire for effect territory again. This is of course the minimum for you not being a wasted MM space. That is nowhere near enough for you to be able to blame your team.

To be able to blame your team for the loss, then you need to be way into above and beyond territory and if you did 2X HP I can see that a loss like that is a source of frustration.

Duqe #15 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 22918 battles
  • [NEATT] NEATT

View PostSpanktankk, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:58, said:

One thing I've wondered for a long time, if it's acceptable to not do your full health in damage in outlier HP-beasts like the VK100.01 (p), Maus, KV-5, and such?

dmckay #16 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:38

Major

• Players
  • 11783 battles

View PostNudnick, on Mar 20 2017 - 13:53, said:

Killing tanks fast and quick wins more matches than just banging them with damage. Get em fast and early. Get up 3-4 tanks you will usually win. Indeed HP are important but I have hit the hell outta tanks and not killed them.  LOSE.  Gotta kill em.  I suck of course. Matches I lose I see 6-7 dead tanks on my team FAST. Me included. Dead tanks are better than damaged tanks. IMO.  Gee whiz...reds get down with 4 or more DEAD and they deflate. It's a balance kinda thing...but if I see dead tanks early and a batch of em...  I like that. HP good.  Dead fast..better.

Edited by dmckay, Mar 21 2017 - 02:39.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users