POLL: End Mountain Goating?

Mountain Goat BAAAA

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: End mountain goating yay or NAYYYY (181 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

End mountain goating?

1. Yay (73 votes [40.33%])

Percentage of vote: 40.33%

2. Nayyyyy (108 votes [59.67%])

Percentage of vote: 59.67%

Vote Hide poll

Zaikadi #81 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 03:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20125 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

It adds an extra element of fun to the game. I just did my first true mountain goating (not counting B8 on Fjords, which I really don't count) on the backside of the hill on Tundra (D8). I used it to flank the enemy, who had taken the hill. I used a Type 64, which seems to be a good mountain-goater. It put me behind them, and though I was taken out, I provided some aid to our eventual victory.

Two potential problems:

* If the mountain goater can prevent an enemy from capping, then I am against it. In other words, goating is unfair if the friendly cap is completely exposed to the goater's position. If this can't be done, than a goater alone can't prevent an enemy win.

* As many have said, if the goater harms their own team by taking 14 1/2 minutes to climb up. I think this happens a lot, and it is the main reason that I haven't done more of it.

Other than these two situations, I'm all for it.

I have only played one game where an enemy mountain goat caused major problems. It was on the hill above the southern cap of Mines (G9). The goater killed a capper, but that was only because the capper failed to seek shelter against the cliff. It was well within his capability. My tank was already out of the battle,  but my team eventually killed the capper with good team work.

Also tagged with Mountain Goat, BAAAA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users