Modify Arty

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Mydragonsfly #21 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 8110 battles

View PostBucephalusRider, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:03, said:

And make tanks like the T29 even more overpowered?

Bubutbut, heavy tenk in tenk gaem!!!1

aethervox #22 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 24861 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

View PostNudnick, on Mar 20 2017 - 21:00, said:

Remove arty from the game.

Someone made a topic called 'Artillery - with incoming players.'

I'd like to start with you, Nudnick, you'd make a nice red stain on the top rear of a tank.

Edited by aethervox, Mar 20 2017 - 22:21.

muddypuddle #23 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13132 battles

my solution for arty

1 get rid of it and all the losers that play it can play tiddly winks or something equally demanding

and 2,3, & 4 together

2. get rid of live satellite view

3. get rid of TD mode

4 plant them in the ground so they cant scurry away when you are on to them

then that will be accurate and fair

aethervox #24 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 24861 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL
Ooooo, my next incoming player shell just showed up.

baymbaym #25 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 23994 battles
If the one thing that you learned while playing this game for 2 years is that arty is broken and unrealistic, that definetely explains your stats. 

Sabastan #26 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 00:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20648 battles
  • [-O-O-] -O-O-

View Postmuddypuddle, on Mar 20 2017 - 21:33, said:

my solution for arty

1 get rid of it and all the losers that play it can play tiddly winks or something equally demanding

and 2,3, & 4 together

2. get rid of live satellite view

3. get rid of TD mode

4 plant them in the ground so they cant scurry away when you are on to them

then that will be accurate and fair

I love to play arty just because it make you mad. look out because arty got your name. 

FortySixand2 #27 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5075 battles
  • [B0H] B0H
How do you know if someone is in the military? DON'T WORRY, THEY'LL TELL YOU

Hurk #28 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 43454 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostPepper_Duce_1, on Mar 20 2017 - 12:45, said:

I have been playing for about seven months now.  The one thing I have learned is that arty is not realistic.  I have ten years in the army, two of those in combat.  I have never seen arty hit a tank or anything that small on purpose!  They can make an accidental hit but never a single shot direct hit!  They can cause damage if the round is close enough!

It takes away from game play when arty is able to take you out with a single shot.  It does happen in combat, it should not happen in game!

so you served on WW2 Howitzer Motor Carriages? 

http://trove.nla.gov...rticle/38341013

Edited by Hurk, Mar 21 2017 - 02:35.

Manabozo #29 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44145 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK

View Postlordpelvis, on Mar 20 2017 - 21:15, said:

I was In a service battery during desert storm. Section chief said they could put a round in a 55 gallon barrel if they wanted to

I was thinking that myself.

317th eng.

Hurk #30 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 43454 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
to be clear. ww2 arty was not accurate for the most part. it also fired 10,000 meters for the most part... not 100-2000 that this game emulates. at those ranges arty was no less accurate than tanks since they had basically the same controls.

muddypuddle #31 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13132 battles

View PostSabastan, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:32, said:

I love to play arty just because it make you mad. look out because arty got your name. 

Yeah the arty losers love to go for me because they suck and they know it

but you'd know what I mean wouldn't you

Sabastan #32 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20648 battles
  • [-O-O-] -O-O-

View Postmuddypuddle, on Mar 21 2017 - 03:37, said:

Yep keep sitting in the open. stay in the line of fire like you do. and the best part is you keep on crying about it. shows every arty player that they are doing a good job. yea think?

If you keep getting shot by arty as you say you do you might what to rethink your game. But then we all know you don't get shot by arty every game do you. just think about the stun effect that they are trying good luck with that one. your going to cry even harder.

Macnasty182 #33 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17588 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH

View Postmuddypuddle, on Mar 21 2017 - 04:37, said:

Insults really:Pdo you have any tanks with derpguns, maybe, but if you do I bet you love to shoot at tanks and one shot them don't you dirty water,well almost like the pot calling the kettle black,so don't go away mad just go away:angry:and I will look for you on the battlefield too:justwait:

TodSoldat #34 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 31046 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View PostPepper_Duce_1, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:45, said:

I have been playing for about seven months now.  The one thing I have learned is that arty is not realistic.  I have ten years in the army, two of those in combat.  I have never seen arty hit a tank or anything that small on purpose!  They can make an accidental hit but never a single shot direct hit!  They can cause damage if the round is close enough!

It takes away from game play when arty is able to take you out with a single shot.  It does happen in combat, it should not happen in game!

I can promise you that if it changed to a barrage there would be even more tears. If I could do what I do in SH by hitting the 7 key every minute or so I'd play nothing but arty

ledhed14 #35 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 14063 battles

Arty as used by WG in this game is not very well thought out and a problem. Has been for many years and this games bleeds players if not directly because of it , as a major contributing factor.

We have had a need for years to " FIX " the issue and it is too much for Wargaming to do it , they instead make it worse and many fathers now have sons playing and making same complaint .

Other games offer solutions for the problem but they are not WOT , the best among them , has the worse SPG mechanics and systems .

___SirKillsALot___ #36 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 17:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9666 battles
Me thinks OP forgot to change to an alt account before posting ;)

sansjoy #37 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 17:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17291 battles

View PostPepper_Duce_1, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:45, said:

So, in your army you could "heal" a dead soldier with a First Aid Kit, or repair a blown up engine or detracked tank in 10 seconds?

But, arty needs to be realistic.

muddypuddle #38 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:06

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13132 battles

View PostSabastan, on Mar 21 2017 - 04:26, said:

Yep keep sitting in the open. stay in the line of fire like you do. and the best part is you keep on crying about it. shows every arty player that they are doing a good job. yea think?

If you keep getting shot by arty as you say you do you might what to rethink your game. But then we all know you don't get shot by arty every game do you. just think about the stun effect that they are trying good luck with that one. your going to cry even harder.

Your the reason why i post on here 

Your an absolute moron if you had a brain you'd be dangerous

Tell me where is not sitting out in the open on maps like desert?

to play this game properly you get spotted, you get spotted and a LOSER hiding at the back (that cannot even make OP tanks work)  targets you

oh yeah - "don't sit still then"  - great I will constantly keep moving and firing on the move - that wont make me miss and get hit by enemy tanks will it? 

I have to keep telling you this because you don't have a brain and have no idea how to play a tank

Sabastan #39 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 13:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20648 battles
  • [-O-O-] -O-O-

View Postmuddypuddle, on Mar 21 2017 - 22:06, said:

Your the reason why i post on here 

Your an absolute moron if you had a brain you'd be dangerous

Tell me where is not sitting out in the open on maps like desert?

to play this game properly you get spotted, you get spotted and a LOSER hiding at the back (that cannot even make OP tanks work)  targets you

oh yeah - "don't sit still then"  - great I will constantly keep moving and firing on the move - that wont make me miss and get hit by enemy tanks will it? 

I have to keep telling you this because you don't have a brain and have no idea how to play a tank

Wow its kinda funny how you have resorted to calling names. If some one has to teach you how to avoid arty you are a lost cause. you fail to mention the TD the can hide in the back and kill you too. that might be over your head though. but all you can do is blame arty right? yea that's what kind of person you are. Single Minded. One day you just might learn the arty dance but then i don't think you can.

Please tell me which desert map is so flat that you cant hide from arty or make it harder for them to hit you? oh that's right not one of them. You make it sound like your the only one that get hits by arty and they only shoot at you and only you... but we know this is not true, we also know that arty does not hit every target that it shoots at nor does it do full damage to every target that it hits. A TD sitting in the back can do more damage then one arty hit. I bet you get killed by other kinds of tank far more then by arty. and in the battle where there are no arty i bet you die just as fast as if there was arty in the battle.

See people like you that have to resort to calling names that don't see the same thing you do or think the way you do, they all don't have brains right? You see no one is the same and maybe one day you might learn this. Your not going to change there minds because you call them names. So Grow Up.

Edited by Sabastan, Mar 22 2017 - 13:34.

WarStore #40 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 13:35

Major

• Players
  • 39528 battles

View PostSabastan, on Mar 22 2017 - 12:18, said:

Wow its kinda funny how you have resorted to calling names. If some one has to teach you how to avoid arty you are a lost cause. you fail to mention the TD the can hide in the back and kill you too. that might be over your head though. but all you can do is blame arty right? yea that's what kind of person you are. Single Minded. One day you just might learn the arty dance but then i don't think you can.

Please tell me which desert map is so flat that you cant hide from arty or make it harder for them to hit you? oh that right not one of them. you make it sound like your the only one that get hits by arty and they only shoot at you and only you... but we know this is not true, we also know that arty does not hit every target that it shoots at nor does it do full damage to every target that it hits. A TD sitting in the back can do more damage then one arty hit. I bet you get killed by other kinds of tank far more then by arty. and in the battle where there are no arty i bet you die just as fast as if there was arty in the battle.

See people like you that have to resort to calling names that don't see the same thing you do or think the way you do, they all don't have brains right? You see no one is the same and maybe one day you might learn this. Your not going to change there minds because you call them names. So Grow Up.

Using you an example, with a TD that plays more like a heavy, you average less than 1 enemy spotted every 2 battles, less than 3 hits per battle and barely kill 1 tank per battle. I don't think muddy is overly concerned about useless TDs hiding in the back unable to even see their targets, let alone shoot them.

Edited by WarStore, Mar 22 2017 - 13:35.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users