Shooting drowned tanks

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

25hp_tanker #21 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21866 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
i think several years ago you could damage a drowned tank for the hit points it had left physically when it drowned/died, forget how it was scored, it may have come up as damage, and i think the drowned repair bill was higher, kind feel this was 'fixed', that was sometime ago.

RedBaronK #22 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:19

Captain

• Players
  • 32352 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS

View PostAllied_General, on Mar 20 2017 - 21:17, said:

Using common sense, I had assumed that you would be able to farm, (as the GUI claims so)... unfortunately, a case of buggy code and being lied too.

I had also assumed WoT finally had a stroke of genius and allowed us to farm drowned tanks as a PENALTY to those doing this low tactic... I thought great, finally some improvement.

I should have known... 

Thought for a moment finally a solution was found... oh well.... May have to wait 3 years for that to finally work right.

So basically, don't waste your ammo... the interface LIES to you.

What u r proposing would make absolute sense... If some idiot drowns we should be compensated by being able to get damage off his corpse, but, if u think about it... It's not fair to someone who loses a high caliber medal to another teammate because someone is busy shooting at corpses of pathetic, dead, drowned scum lol. 

Now if they triple, or quadruple the penalty in credits for intentional drowning, that would be great.

Inb4 drowning apologists respond crying about how unfair it is to accidental drowning victims. If I'm stupid enough to drown or crash, I SHOULD be penalized heavily for screwing my team over.. Accident or not. That'll teach a lesson.

WhatsThisBoxFor #23 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9 battles
When you shoot a drowned tank, it doesn't count as damage, but it does. As in, you get XP for it, but not credits, or stats. And also you can just farm a drowned tank down to 0 HP but obviously you won't get the kill.

Worland #24 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:53

Major

• Players
  • 16334 battles
I could swear you used to get credit for damage & kills on drowned tanks. It's only the crew that died. The tank was still in play.

I used to pop drowned enemy tanks with arty, and I seem to remember getting kills. Maybe I'm just crazy, getting it confused with dead crews while the tank still has hit points left. Like smacking an ELC with HE, killing the entire crew, but the vehicle still has hit points remaining.

25hp_tanker #25 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21866 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
im almost under the impression, in the past, when a tank drowned the repair bill was something like pay for the crew and repair the tank(fully), was like the most expensive you could get, or there abouts, if said got shot now to zero hp, and a phantom killed under water this was also added to repair bill, to the damage done to said under water, up to zero hp. like i said this is sometime ago. back then you may have gotten xp.

Allied_General #26 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31863 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Block Quote

I used to pop drowned enemy tanks with arty, and I seem to remember getting kills.

That would be harder now these days, as HE does not cut through water anymore from what I have been told as of late. Maybe it still does some splash at the surface (not sure on that either)?

Rake #27 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 12:59

Major

• Players
  • 46599 battles

View PostCantshootstraight, on Mar 20 2017 - 17:24, said:

Once a tank is drowned it already has a MAXIMUM repair bill. If you shoot it, not only do you not cost them any more credits but since you get no credit for damage done to them, you are costing yourself credits since you have to replace the ammo you fired. Just leave them be and shoot the tanks that are still moving.

And you know this how?  If it were max repair bill already, it would seem that it wouldn't show hp left on the tank.

Ante_Mortem #28 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17388 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
When I see an enemy that has drowned on purpose ie arty coward drowning, I always shoot them under water if I'm near.  I do this in the hopes that they will have to pay more repair cost after the match.  I already knew, and am surprised that some of you didn't know, that the damage doesn't count towards your score.  I mean it is pretty easy to see that you didn't do that damage to a drowned tank with the detailed listings we have, I mean it literally shows every tank you shot and for how much and what crits you dealt.

Markd73 #29 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 15:05

Captain

• Players
  • 27558 battles
Still worth it as it increases their repair costs.

25hp_tanker #30 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 15:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21866 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

View PostRake, on Mar 21 2017 - 11:59, said:

And you know this how?  If it were max repair bill already, it would seem that it wouldn't show hp left on the tank.

see my post above

View Post25hp_tanker, on Mar 21 2017 - 03:00, said:

im almost under the impression, in the past, when a tank drowned the repair bill was something like pay for the crew and repair the tank(fully), was like the most expensive you could get, or there abouts, if said got shot now to zero hp, and killed under water this was also added to repair bill, to the damage done to said under water, up to zero hp.

seems to be the case.

Zamboniman_60 #31 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19888 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostCantshootstraight, on Mar 20 2017 - 22:24, said:

Once a tank is drowned it already has a MAXIMUM repair bill. If you shoot it, not only do you not cost them any more credits but since you get no credit for damage done to them, you are costing yourself credits since you have to replace the ammo you fired. Just leave them be and shoot the tanks that are still moving.

Good to know that they get a max repair bill for drowning...

Zamboniman_60 #32 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 16:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19888 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:19, said:

I think shooting drowned tanks should still count.

In fact, it should add repair price on top of drowned price so arty gets punished for drowning.

If I'm playing arty I stay and take my lumps like the rest of the team has... Purposely drowning is a coward's way out and the repair bill should be doubled.  I know I've shot enemy arty towards the end of the match that have purposely drowned to try to cost them more damage... apparently I was the one getting taught the lesson if they get max damage already...lol

Allied_General #33 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 20:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31863 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Ok, my new agenda. Until WoT has some common sense, and allows kills for destroying the last hp on drowned tanks, I will jump in the drink myself when giving the chance. ESPECIALLY if it is a WoT employee on the enemy team.

Fix your Sh1T!

Nunya_000 #34 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 20247 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostAllied_General, on Mar 21 2017 - 11:31, said:

Ok, my new agenda. Until WoT has some common sense, and allows kills for destroying the last hp on drowned tanks, I will jump in the drink myself when giving the chance. ESPECIALLY if it is a WoT employee on the enemy team.

Fix your Sh1T!

Just because it does not work how you would like it to work, that does not mean it is broken.

Rake #35 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 46599 battles

View PostAllied_General, on Mar 21 2017 - 14:31, said:

Fix your Sh1T!

So should they take away the kill from the guy who wiped out the entire crew without taking the tank to 0 hp?  I realize it doesn't happen often, but once a tank is permanently disabled why should you get credit for doing more to it?

dave1y #36 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 22:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 65692 battles
  • [MSF12] MSF12

View PostUrabouttudie, on Mar 20 2017 - 21:08, said:

I could be way wrong on this point but I believe I read once that shooting doesn't give any XP but...

Drowning a tank only kills the crew.

If you drown at the beginning of a match, your crew is dead but your tank has taken no damage to modules or hit points...

If you damage a drown tank, I believe you get credit for the module & HP damage you do, in the after battle report but you do not get any XP/credits because the tank was already dead....

So shooting a drowned tank will cause the owner to suffer more repair costs [for module/hp damage] than if he takes no damage at all and only drowns.

Again, I'm not certain but I think this is how I remember reading it explained....

It used to be this way.  That's why arty survivors drowned themselves before certain death, so they wouldn't have to pay for repairs.  People complained a lot so they changed the mechanics.  Now when you drown yourself your crew dies and gets no xp and you have to pay for repairs.  Don't drown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users