Jump to content


Since we are carrying on about the Defender...


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

HowitzerBlitzer #21 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 12803 battles
  • 6,976
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 17:57, said:

But "hey", maybe throw in "more" random bold and "quotemarks" to try and save your critical omission.

I ONLY do THIS when your HEAD is too THICK to SMASH a point INTO it.

Stop trying to "vaguely" reference me.



Scorpiany #22 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:01

    Major

  • Community Contributor
  • 28651 battles
  • 10,209
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 14:57, said:

 

Did you specify standard ammo? No? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

 

Look dude maybe you should think before you post. In case you haven't noticed tomatoes love to latch on to anyone with half decent stats that somewhat agrees with whatever is their current flavour of the month gripe. So you coming in and saying 'angle it down and no tier 10 can pen it' is very quickly going to become the received wisdom around here if someone doesn't point it out. (BTW that pic was also for illustration that even at that absurb angle the whole thing is not 280 effective). But "hey", maybe throw in "more" random bold and "quotemarks" to try and save your critical omission.

 

I'm sorry, I'll add that into my post; I forgot Tier 10's should use Premium ammo against Tier 8's. My mistake; I thought being two Tiers higher made my tank more powerful, no weaker, than the enemy's tank.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #23 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:02

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13564 battles
  • 2,355
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
Where is this idea from that you should be able to dominate heavies frontally just because they are lower tier?  Especially as a medium?  Defender has wobbly gun so even if you are in front of it in a med, you can avoid being hit.

Scorpiany #24 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:07

    Major

  • Community Contributor
  • 28651 battles
  • 10,209
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostBolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:02, said:

Where is this idea from that you should be able to dominate heavies frontally just because they are lower tier?  Especially as a medium?  Defender has wobbly gun so even if you are in front of it in a med, you can avoid being hit.

 

The fact that medium tanks at Tier 10 have more penetration than all heavies at Tier 10? And the fact that the tanks are two Tiers apart? And the fact that no other Tier 8 heavy is nearly as difficult to penetrate?

 

Not to mention that the armor becomes just as, if not more effective, than many Tier 9 heavies? Whether that be the front, side or both. Tanks like the WZ-111-14 and T-10 have similar / worse armor than the Defender. The VK and E-75 have terribly thin side armors.

 

Most tanks have to pick between good frontal armor, good side armor, or a balance of the two. Defender gets to have both without needing to strike a balance.



Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #25 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:12

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13564 battles
  • 2,355
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

The side armor is trash tho

 

I would rather be behind one of these in a fast tank than an IS-6.  Seriously I don't know what you are talking about with this - it isn't even troll.  The upper part of the side hull is sort of like an IS-7 but it has a yuge gap between it and the tracks which is easy to hit.  Uncharacteristically so, I would say, for a Russian tank.

 

Good armor to me seems to be the Liberte.  Now there is a tank which I would like to get.  It is heavily frontally armored but with weakspots that require good play still.  I do enjoy the depth and various intricacies of heavy tanks.  I am not the best or most experienced heavy tank driver but I do know how to use my armor.  I did manage to do HT-15.2 in Tiger II, a tank which people say sucks.  I think it just comes down to the way you fight with it.



WorldConqueror #26 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27680 battles
  • 1,113
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:01, said:

 

I'm sorry, I'll add that into my post; I forgot Tier 10's should use Premium ammo against Tier 8's. My mistake; I thought being two Tiers higher made my tank more powerful, no weaker, than the enemy's tank.

 

Yes because the 62A is weaker than the Defender because you should load gold if you ever come across one at the absolute perfect angle MingLee

 

I mean if that's your standard the T32 is the best tank in the game:


Edited by WorldConqueror, Mar 20 2017 - 23:15.


HowitzerBlitzer #27 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 12803 battles
  • 6,976
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 18:13, said:

 

Yes because the 62A is weaker than the Defender because you should load gold if you ever come across one at the absolute perfect angle MingLee

 

I mean if that's your standard the T32 is the best tank in the game:

 

Who the hell uses Tinypic in 2017? I thought that website died out in 2011.

Scorpiany #28 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:20

    Major

  • Community Contributor
  • 28651 battles
  • 10,209
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:13, said:

More Fake News

 

 

Damn, you're the head of research at CNN. Holy crap!

 

Notice something different about the T32 vs. Defender? How we were comparing hull armors on the tank, ignoring the turret completely? Notice how the hull armor on the T32 can be penetrated anywhere with absolute ease by higher Tier tanks; and even same Tier tanks have a very solid chance of penetrating it?

 

Notice how the Defender's turret, is also extremely strong as well as the hull armor? Once again, T32 only gets one thing - Amazing turret armor.

 

The Defender gets turret armor, frontal hull armor and side hull armor. At the same Tier. With better mobility. And a better gun (Except gun depression, but still - T32's a one-trick pony. Defender is an all-in-one pony).

 

But it's "balanced", isn't it?

 


Edited by Scorpiany, Mar 20 2017 - 23:22.


WorldConqueror #29 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27680 battles
  • 1,113
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:17, said:

 

Who the hell uses Tinypic in 2017? I thought that website died out in 2011.

 

Obviously not. IDK blame WG, they don't allow the image hosting I used to use.

 

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:20, said:

 

Damn, you're the head of research at CNN. Holy crap!

 

Notice something different about the T32 vs. Defender? How we were comparing hull armors on the tank, ignoring the turret completely? Notice how the hull armor on the T32 can be penetrated anywhere with absolute ease by higher Tier tanks; and even same Tier tanks have a very solid chance of penetrating it?

 

Notice how the Defender's turret, is also extremely strong as well as the hull armor? Once again, T32 only gets one thing - Amazing turret armor.

 

The Defender gets turret armor, frontal hull armor and side hull armor. At the same Tier. With better mobility. And a better gun.

 

But it's "balanced", isn't it?

 

 

 

Damn, notice how I said the absolute perfect angle? That would imply hulldown for the T32, would it not? Holy crap!

 

As for the rest, this is your extremely strong turret:

And here's your extremely strong side:

Doing well so far duder!


Edited by WorldConqueror, Mar 20 2017 - 23:28.


HowitzerBlitzer #30 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 12803 battles
  • 6,976
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 18:21, said:

Obviously not. IDK blame WG, they don't allow the image hosting I used to use.

Maybe because it's just as bad as your research ability.



Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #31 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13564 battles
  • 2,355
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

I wish people wouldn't evoke our beloved emperor to try and prove their point in a tank comparison.  As a patriot and one of his loyal fedaykin, I find it distasteful.

 

 

 

plus you're talking out of your <donkey> about the side armor.  It's not good.  I would say that the forest spirits of the Rodina did not listen when the magical tracks were installed on this one.


Edited by Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, Mar 20 2017 - 23:38.


WorldConqueror #32 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27680 battles
  • 1,113
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:24, said:

Maybe because it's just as bad as your research ability.

 

Tinypic is? Because it's still going? Uh good insult?

 

Almost as good as your skill in this game :)



WhatsThisBoxFor #33 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:34

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:07, said:

 

The fact that medium tanks at Tier 10 have more penetration than all heavies at Tier 10? And the fact that the tanks are two Tiers apart? And the fact that no other Tier 8 heavy is nearly as difficult to penetrate?

 

Not to mention that the armor becomes just as, if not more effective, than many Tier 9 heavies? Whether that be the front, side or both. Tanks like the WZ-111-14 and T-10 have similar / worse armor than the Defender. The VK and E-75 have terribly thin side armors.

 

Most tanks have to pick between good frontal armor, good side armor, or a balance of the two. Defender gets to have both without needing to strike a balance.

Bolded text holds no water, those are heavy meds. They aren't supposed to have high armor.



frumpylumps #34 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32154 battles
  • 1,004
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ
  • Member since:
    01-04-2014

poor spazzo wasn't getting enough attention being an obnoxious contrarian in every other defender thread so he had to create his own.

 

How pathetic this kid is.

 

 


Edited by frumpylumps, Mar 20 2017 - 23:36.


Hurk #35 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 43064 battles
  • 12,935
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

to use a image host that is secure, you have to drop the httpS off the url. 

 

http://i.imgur.com/v5vNZtm.jpg will work

https://i.imgur.com/v5vNZtm.jpg will NOT work.



HowitzerBlitzer #36 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 12803 battles
  • 6,976
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 18:30, said:

Tinypic is? Because it's still going? Uh good insult?

 

Still going and spreading harmful ads in the face of its users. The same way you're spreading misinformation on this thread.



frumpylumps #37 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32154 battles
  • 1,004
  • [S0YUZ] S0YUZ
  • Member since:
    01-04-2014

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:21, said:

 

Obviously not. IDK blame WG, they don't allow the image hosting I used to use.

 

 

 

Damn, notice how I said the absolute perfect angle? That would imply hulldown for the T32, would it not? Holy crap!

 

As for the rest, this is your extremely strong turret:

And here's your extremely strong side:

Doing well so far duder!

 

that side is still stronger than IS-3  How are you still so clueless?

Scorpiany #38 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:42

    Major

  • Community Contributor
  • 28651 battles
  • 10,209
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostWorldConqueror, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:21, said:

Fake News:

 

 

Holy crap, one pixel I can aim for in the turret! Thanks for solving all the problems! When you shoot at a Defender turret, you will bounce off almost every single time. There is no reliable way to go through it unless you're very close with a very accurate gun that can hit the cupolas. Most of the time, your shells won't go dead center where you aim.

 

Not to mention that that 100mm is only on the lower half of the side armor, in the small area that the tracks don't cover... Yet that 100mm is still better than many Tier 8 heavies... And that's the thinnest part of the side armor. Right below that it's 150mm. Right above it's 230mm.

 

And angle it? Not such a perfectly flat side, right? Tell me, when do you get to shoot a Defender perfectly flat in the side? Let's think here........... Just about never.

 

Stop trying to Defend a broken tank that has no justification behind it. You're not presenting any factual evidence. Your "proof" is only proving my point, and you're trying terribly hard to make it look otherwise by choosing the weakest points of the tank... Weakest points which are better than most other tanks at the Tier already.

 

Are you trying to encourage WG to break the game balance further? What's your point in spreading this biased or falsified information? The game's balance is already far out of whack. Premiums are already becoming better and better with each release... It's textbook powercreep at its finest; and yet you're defending it? You still play this game; what's your purpose with this harmful agenda?



Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #39 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:50

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13564 battles
  • 2,355
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
Defender needs us defending it with those weak sides.

WorldConqueror #40 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 00:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27680 battles
  • 1,113
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:36, said:

 

Still going and spreading harmful ads in the face of its users. The same way you're spreading misinformation on this thread.

 

Hm yes that is certainly a concern when I have an ad blocker. How are tanks.gg screenshots misinformation?

 

View Postfrumpylumps, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:37, said:

 

that side is still stronger than IS-3  How are you still so clueless?

 

By a whole 10mm. Now compare the upper side armor.

 

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:42, said:

 

Holy crap, one pixel I can aim for in the turret! Thanks for solving all the problems! When you shoot at a Defender turret, you will bounce off almost every single time. There is no reliable way to go through it unless you're very close with a very accurate gun that can hit the cupolas. Most of the time, your shells won't go dead center where you aim.

 

Not to mention that that 100mm is only on the lower half of the side armor, in the small area that the tracks don't cover... Yet that 100mm is still better than many Tier 8 heavies... And that's the thinnest part of the side armor. Right below that it's 150mm. Right above it's 230mm.

 

And angle it? Not such a perfectly flat side, right? Tell me, when do you get to shoot a Defender perfectly flat in the side? Let's think here........... Just about never.

 

Stop trying to Defend a broken tank that has no justification behind it. You're not presenting any factual evidence. Your "proof" is only proving my point, and you're trying terribly hard to make it look otherwise by choosing the weakest points of the tank... Weakest points which are better than most other tanks at the Tier already.

 

Are you trying to encourage WG to break the game balance further? What's your point in spreading this biased or falsified information? The game's balance is already far out of whack. Premiums are already becoming better and better with each release... It's textbook powercreep at its finest; and yet you're defending it? You still play this game; what's your purpose with this harmful agenda?

 

I am trying to show you that your hyperbole does your argument a disservice. To argue that the Defender has an incredibly strong turret when it is 250 effective across a large section of the face is hyperbole. Not to mention the 150 effective cupolas. It's a decent turret, yes. And again, 100 effective side armor is decent. But it's the same as the Lowe, less than the KV-4, less than a KV-5, less than a VK100, less than an O-Ho. The side is overall weaker than a 112. So there we go, suddenly your list of game breaking features is down to one. And no one is arguing the frontal armour isn't good. But it's pennable. And there's more to a tank than armour. It has good alpha/pen. What about gun handling, gun depression, view range and most facets of its mobility? It's a good tank, yes. Not some wonder tank.

 

What info did I falsify? Did I hack tanks.gg?

 

As for the rest, I dunno, where was your concern for balance when you were buying the Skorp? I'm sure I can cherry pick features of that vehicle too.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users