Jump to content


Should the T67 get the Hellcat treatment?


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: T67 (134 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should it get Hellcat nerfs?

  1. Yes (55 votes [41.04%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 41.04%

  2. No (59 votes [44.03%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 44.03%

  3. I'm only here for the flamewar! (20 votes [14.93%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.93%

Vote Hide poll

HowitzerBlitzer #1 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 12437 battles
  • 6,702
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

Take away all the reverse speed, and nerf down the camo. Tank destroyers shouldn't also be able to spot for themselves, but this one has an open turret so we can't really take any away. If you add half a second to the reload I bet it'd be on-par with the rest of that tier.

E 25 is also over powered, but it's a premium and this forum lives off those threads.

Also, take part in the poll.



StoveBolt54 #2 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:54

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11468 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
Leave it be.

Gothraul #3 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 22:59

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 1163 battles
  • 1,267
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
Yes absolutely and I want there to be a million padders suddenly cry out then be silenced like what had happened to the T18.

R2D2CAT #4 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10448 battles
  • 835
  • Member since:
    11-12-2012
It's not OP. Good players do well, and bad players do poorly. Don't sit in sight of a known TD location.

Hurk #5 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 42691 battles
  • 12,704
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

drop the DPM of the A1 gun down about 1000. cut its camo on fire down some as well. 

the issue is that for some reason this tank gets massive rate of fire, even beyond the rate of fire of the 57mm guns at the same tier.

75mm guns do not reload that fast for the rest... most are in the 3 ish reload time, not sub 2.



Ogopogo #6 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:20

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24216 battles
  • 6,991
  • [FPFP] FPFP
  • Member since:
    07-15-2010
Yes it does need nerfs, I don't think these may be the best way to go about it.

ArmorStorm #7 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 31936 battles
  • 5,929
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Look, stop trying to nerf the FUN out of tanks.  Hellcat could have retained its mobility and taken a bigger gun nerf and kept the fun factor.  Same with the FV304 arty, nerf the damage potential if you must but keep the mobility and FUN!

Motok0 #8 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:29

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7503 battles
  • 1,365
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

nerf it, but keep it viable.

 

 



AppleDaD6 #9 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 34984 battles
  • 266
  • [CS7-E] CS7-E
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
The T67 is going to be re-balanced to help increase the corridor meta. It is coming so calm down. 

Doomslinger #10 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 54956 battles
  • 4,470
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

View PostGothraul, on Mar 20 2017 - 17:59, said:

Yes absolutely and I want there to be a million padders suddenly cry out then be silenced like what had happened to the T18.

 

It doesn't really pad wn8 that well as the expected values for high wn8 are very high in it. I play the Wolverine and can get higher wn8 scores in it doing less damage. If you are not that great in a T67 and play it, you will actually lower your wn8 compared to most other tanks of the tier. The only players that hate the T67 are fail rerollers and fail clubbers that are getting out clubbed by higher skilled T67 players.

Hurk #11 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 42691 battles
  • 12,704
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostR2D2CAT, on Mar 20 2017 - 15:09, said:

It's not OP. Good players do well, and bad players do poorly. Don't sit in sight of a known TD location.

incorrect. 

this is a clearly OP tank that only SUB 45% players fail to perform in. 

 

here is the same tank, slower, less mobility, less gun control, etc:

actual BALANCE



TVV #12 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:40

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 47311 battles
  • 650
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012
The problem with the 67 is the combination of great things about it: very mobile (better mobility than mediums in tier) with great camo, and it also gets great DPM and gun handling to go with that. Keep the camo and DPM to allow it to still play like a sniping TD, but nerf the mobility and gun handling as right now it can play like a better medium than same tier medium tanks. 

Nibs_1 #13 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:46

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 18753 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

With bino's, Cola, Sit. Awareness, and Recon, the T67 has a max view range of 463, which is almost comparable to any light t6.  Spam APCR and its one of the highest DPM with high pen for its tier and carries a high camo value making it hard for lights to detect at range.  This is why its a preferred seal clubber tank and many experienced drivers have discovered creative map spots for camping/sniping.  These advantages make it hard for those leveling to compete with, and usually the t67 doles out more than it takes.  I believe its OP'ed for these reasons.

 

I suggest they nerf most of the clubber tanks, such as the 67, for anything tier 6 and below, as these low tiers aren't intended for pros, they are meant for leveling.  I would also cut credits earned, experience, and disable crew perks/modules (this might be a bit extreme) to get the professional players shifted to higher tiers.  Disabling these items prevents the large OP gap felt by the victims while attempting to move the experienced players to more skillful tiers.  Just my thoughts...



Tordenskiold #14 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 23:48

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8410 battles
  • 372
  • [MOSTB] MOSTB
  • Member since:
    10-08-2014

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:32, said:

 

It doesn't really pad wn8 that well as the expected values for high wn8 are very high in it. I play the Wolverine and can get higher wn8 scores in it doing less damage. If you are not that great in a T67 and play it, you will actually lower your wn8 compared to most other tanks of the tier. The only players that hate the T67 are fail rerollers and fail clubbers that are getting out clubbed by higher skilled T67 players.

If look at the win curve of this TD, it is clearly OP as on average a 45% WR player will perform at their level and a 49% WR player or higher will overperform (wrt win rate) in it.

But since it's a OP tank it is horrible to pad WN8 in it, since many good players play this low tier tank and WN8 is graded on a curve. OTOH it is a great tank to pad win rate. 

If you want to pad WN8, you need to find a generally despised tank and make it work somehow. Example, as a ~600 WN8 player I decided to go for the batchat 25t. I grind up the light line and stumble upon the amx 40. I did decent (for the time) in it, and ended up with a WN8 of 1457 in it. It's a generally despised tank but I made it work. If I had stuck with it it would have been a perfectly fine WN8 padder for me. 

 

EDIT: as seeing the updated curve, even 40% players perform at their expected level and 47% players overperfom in it. 


Edited by Tordenskiold, Mar 20 2017 - 23:50.


R2D2CAT #15 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 00:15

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10448 battles
  • 835
  • Member since:
    11-12-2012

View PostHurk, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:17, said:

drop the DPM of the A1 gun down about 1000. cut its camo on fire down some as well. 

the issue is that for some reason this tank gets massive rate of fire, even beyond the rate of fire of the 57mm guns at the same tier.

75mm guns do not reload that fast for the rest... most are in the 3 ish reload time, not sub 2.

 

The reload is 2.76 for me (no bia or food).

Doomslinger #16 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 00:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 54956 battles
  • 4,470
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

View PostNibs_1, on Mar 20 2017 - 18:46, said:

With bino's, Cola, Sit. Awareness, and Recon, the T67 has a max view range of 463, which is almost comparable to any light t6.  Spam APCR and its one of the highest DPM with high pen for its tier and carries a high camo value making it hard for lights to detect at range.  This is why its a preferred seal clubber tank and many experienced drivers have discovered creative map spots for camping/sniping.  These advantages make it hard for those leveling to compete with, and usually the t67 doles out more than it takes.  I believe its OP'ed for these reasons.

 

I suggest they nerf most of the clubber tanks, such as the 67, for anything tier 6 and below, as these low tiers aren't intended for pros, they are meant for leveling.  I would also cut credits earned, experience, and disable crew perks/modules (this might be a bit extreme) to get the professional players shifted to higher tiers.  Disabling these items prevents the large OP gap felt by the victims while attempting to move the experienced players to more skillful tiers.  Just my thoughts...

 

Well, if you are going to limit players of higher skill level from playing lower tiers, it is only fair to limit players of lower skill levels from playing above tier 6 right? As long as the 45% tomatotards are free to stink up the teams while I am playing my tier 8 tanks, I am free to play in lower tiers. How about that if you can't get at least a 49% w/r in a tank, you are not allowed to advance past that tank in the tech tree?

Anublister #17 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:58

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50213 battles
  • 152
  • [--T--] --T--
  • Member since:
    05-26-2013

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 20 2017 - 23:37, said:

 

Well, if you are going to limit players of higher skill level from playing lower tiers, it is only fair to limit players of lower skill levels from playing above tier 6 right? As long as the 45% tomatotards are free to stink up the teams while I am playing my tier 8 tanks, I am free to play in lower tiers. How about that if you can't get at least a 49% w/r in a tank, you are not allowed to advance past that tank in the tech tree?

 

The fallacy of your argument is that if high WR skilled players had to only play other high WR players their WR would have to descend toward 50%. One side has to lose, thereby lowering their WR. You need lower skilled, lower WR players to beat in order to flaunt your high WR. I don't have a problem with that. Skill level also trends towards evening play times. Try playing solo mid-day weekdays and you will get frustrated quickly unless you are playing your favorite OP tanks.

 

If you are looking for challenge as a l33t player, then focus on SPG's. It's no coincidence the most team dependent vehicle has the fewest high XVM skilled players playing them. You can complain it's not a proactive tank class to play and denigrate those who choose to play it as no-nothing newbs, but I bet you just don't have the confidence of your team helping you out. XVM stats stroke the ego. Your sig proves it. Grind an few arty lines, no free exp skipping and tell me you're WR, Win8 and pretty much everything goes down fast.



SpectreHD #18 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:12

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16205 battles
  • 14,531
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostArmorStorm, on Mar 21 2017 - 06:26, said:

Look, stop trying to nerf the FUN out of tanks.  Hellcat could have retained its mobility and taken a bigger gun nerf and kept the fun factor.  Same with the FV304 arty, nerf the damage potential if you must but keep the mobility and FUN!

 

This. The Hellcat should have been rebalanced to play as a light with the 76mm just how the Type 64 is. Then the 90mm prototype Hellcat version could be buffed and made into a Tier 7 premium.

Hurk #19 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 42691 battles
  • 12,704
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostR2D2CAT, on Mar 20 2017 - 16:15, said:

The reload is 2.76 for me (no bia or food).

correct, i was off by a second in my numbers. i was thinking of the aim time: 1.63

 

http://tanks.gg/compare/at-2?t=t67

 

 



Worland #20 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 16400 battles
  • 3,613
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Yes. Nerf it. Way too many seal clubbers in T67s making tier 4/5 unplayable. Victory depends on which team gets more T67s, or the better platoon of T67 seal clubbers. The rest of the team is meaningless.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users