Get rid of victories %

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

KingofDragons #1 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15278 battles

This stat has no place in this game since you match up with random people of all skill levels.. Why should random people have to ability to affect my stats ? I could see this stat being kept if you are in a Clan .. This stat causes people to start diff accounts or reset accounts.. Your personal rating should be the only stat that really counts since its a true reflection of your game play..

This stat also has no bearing on MM and is also not a true stat on the different tanks you are operating ... Remove it and also change the fact that it does affect your personal rating through no control of your own..

Edited by KingofDragons, Mar 21 2017 - 02:32.

Bsan77 #2 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12568 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Hence why, unless you have a really bad win rate, most clans don't care too much :D

johnmadara #3 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 30331 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
WG has nothing to do with win%, that comes from xvm which is a 3rd party mod

Bsan77 #4 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12568 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Pretty sure he's talking about win rate, though you make me question myself..

Gothraul #5 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 02:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 1358 battles
XVM is truly the worst thing that has ever happened to this game just short of sky cancer and at this point with so much suck4fun I agree that win rate as a stat for public randoms does need to go then there be a win rate for Ranked Mode once that comes along should be the one to go by. 1v29 and 3v27 with there being so much 46% and lower on is reason enough for people to quit as it just stops being fun when some mouth breather decides it is more fun to see their tank blow up while you are left with the bill after burning through all your ammo.

BattlecryGWJ #6 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 32472 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
Always love seeing people say that their win rate is a measure of their teams when their other stats support them regularly being a drag on their team.

galspanic #7 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 20587 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

I teach and when a student gets 55% of the questions right they fail hard.  In WOT 55% is pretty damn good.*

Win rate is important because it shows how well you help teams win.  If you have a 55% win rate you are an asset.  60% = you are a huge asset.  45% = you are a liability and hurt your teams.  40% you would be better off not even touching your keyboard during the game.

If you think your win rate doesn't have any bearing on your production in games you are wrong.  Good players have higher win rates and that's because they do influence the outcome of games.

*I mention this because it's important to know that the scale is not 0-100 nearly as much as 40-60.

Edited by galspanic, Mar 21 2017 - 03:15.

Dhizi #8 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4220 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Pretty sure players with low-winrates tend to have a pretty specific reason as to why they have low winrates.

and personal rating really doesn't reflect diddly. Its a silly metric.

Pipinghot #9 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:35

Major

• Players
  • 25799 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostKingofDragons, on Mar 20 2017 - 20:30, said:

This stat has no place in this game since you match up with random people of all skill levels.

Which is why there are other stats that can be used to review people and see if they deserve their win rate (hint: for any player with more than 2,500 battles, they definitely deserve their Win Rate).

Everyone gets good teams, everyone gets bad teams, everyone had good luck, everyone has bad luck - the only difference between players is what they do with the teams and the luck that get handed to them. There's a reason why you're a less than 47% player, and it's because you make a below average contribution to your teams. That's not an insult, it doesn't make you a bad person, there's no rule that says you have to be good at the game. Everyone plays for their own reasons, and everyone enjoys the game in different ways. But the simple fact is that with your contributions to your teams (614 average damage, 0.73 average base defense, 0.60 average kills) it's clear that you're a below average player. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but there is something wrong with trying to blame it on the MM, the game, or your teams.

If you want to get better, you're going to have to work at it, if you don't want to get better that's ok too, but whatever you decide you still have the win rate that you have earned by your contribution to your teams. That's how it works, plain and simple.

This stat causes people to start diff accounts or reset accounts.

No, being cowardly and refusing to accept responsibility for their stats is why people reroll their accounts. People who accept responsibility for their own performance don't do such things.

Your personal rating should be the only stat that really counts since its a true reflection of your game play..

The relationship between PR and Win Rate matches pretty closely for the vast majority of players. There are a few people who have Win Rates that don't match their PR, but really very few. People with higher PR's win more often, people with lower PR's win less often, it's a pretty strong correlation.

This stat also has no bearing on MM

There is no stat that has any bearing on the MM. You're PR doesn't affect the MM, you Win Rate doesn't affect the MM, your WN8 doesn't affect the MM, your average damage doesn't affect the MM... and so on. The MM does not look at any of your stats.

Remove it and also change the fact that it does affect your personal rating through no control of your own..

You don't "control" your Win Rate, but you do "Influence" it. Your Win Rate is a reflection of how well you perform and how much you contribute to your teams.

nasfan #10 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18638 battles

If you don't like it, then don't pay attention to it. 

The_Illusive_Man #11 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11041 battles
  • [DICE] DICE

View PostPipinghot, on Mar 20 2017 - 22:35, said:

Which is why there are other stats that can be used to review people and see if they deserve their win rate (hint: for any player with more than 2,500 battles, they definitely deserve their Win Rate).

Everyone gets good teams, everyone gets bad teams, everyone had good luck, everyone has bad luck - the only difference between players is what they do with the teams and the luck that get handed to them. There's a reason why you're a less than 47% player, and it's because you make a below average contribution to your teams. That's not an insult, it doesn't make you a bad person, there's no rule that says you have to be good at the game. Everyone plays for their own reasons, and everyone enjoys the game in different ways. But the simple fact is that with your contributions to your teams (614 average damage, 0.73 average base defense, 0.60 average kills) it's clear that you're a below average player. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but there is something wrong with trying to blame it on the MM, the game, or your teams.

If you want to get better, you're going to have to work at it, if you don't want to get better that's ok too, but whatever you decide you still have the win rate that you have earned by your contribution to your teams. That's how it works, plain and simple.

No, being cowardly and refusing to accept responsibility for their stats is why people reroll their accounts. People who accept responsibility for their own performance don't do such things.

The relationship between PR and Win Rate matches pretty closely for the vast majority of players. There are a few people who have Win Rates that don't match their PR, but really very few. People with higher PR's win more often, people with lower PR's win less often, it's a pretty strong correlation.

There is no stat that has any bearing on the MM. You're PR doesn't affect the MM, you Win Rate doesn't affect the MM, your WN8 doesn't affect the MM, your average damage doesn't affect the MM... and so on. The MM does not look at any of your stats.

You don't "control" your Win Rate, but you do "Influence" it. Your Win Rate is a reflection of how well you perform and how much you contribute to your teams.

I must be one of those few people whose wn% doesnt match their PR. OP, you control most things in life, however, like someone already said, you can only influence WN%. just look at how many +50% players there are.

Rowogue #12 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5971 battles

The fact someone with a sub 47% win rate is complaining about win rates being shown in stats to begin with.

Mudman24 #13 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 35461 battles
It's the only stat that matters.

phasor4 #14 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 21057 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

OP I can tell you from personal experience and having a sub 50% win rate for about have of my current total number of battles...maybe more...that win rate does matter and you absolutely do influence how each battle ends. Of course you can't carry every battle but you can "affect" the outcome based on your own personal actions within the game. Whether you carry, support your strong players, or provide battle information (enemy position etc.) , the way you use your tank is just as important as how the pro uses theirs. Too many new players now play brainless tanks (Japanese heavies for example) and expect to improve, only to find they do not. You and you alone will improve your win rate just as I did mine and others did theirs. I am by no means a perfect tanker, but I try to play smart and be of good use to my team "most of the time".

Getting above 50% win rate is tough, going above and beyond is even harder, maintaining the high win rate becomes less difficult because at that point you will be a better player and winning will come more often as a result.

Alternatively, you can improve as a solo player and have high PR with a low WR, but again, you are only affecting your in game stats and are of no use to your team. Those few players who's WR does not match their PR (low WR/high PR) are not team players and are considered stat padding, damage farming players. They are typically campy players who play for themselves, hence the low WR. Any fool can sit back, snipe targets other players spot and fight until the end against a horde of approaching enemy tankers causing lots of damage and destroying multiple one shot tanks the team beat down prior. Those fools "appear" to know what they are doing and "appear" to be good players but are essentially useless to the team, hence their low WR. Hope this all makes sense.

R2D2CAT #15 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10863 battles
Good players win more because they are good. While some teams fall apart from the outset, the good players do indeed win more than the bad players.

jthom #16 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16690 battles
  • [FEARX] FEARX

View PostDhizi, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:26, said:

Pretty sure players with low-winrates tend to have a pretty specific reason as to why they have low winrates.

and personal rating really doesn't reflect diddly. Its a silly metric.

yeah, I have the only reason why my WR is low. Its because my internet Sucks, my laptop Sucks and my game play Sucks (50% of the time anyways) I'm over it now though

RolandOfBremen #17 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 06:09

Private

• Players
  • 35644 battles
  • [AP] AP
Yes, this is something that I have said since I started in this game.  When you cannot control how your team does, a winrate has no significance.  Plus, I have played SPGs where from one map to another, the way it fires, is not consistant.  So, that makes a difference on hitting.  The same when I have tanks on different maps, and on one, the tank could hit the way it should, and on another, the rounds may go way over the head of the target.  So, hit ratio, is another that you cannot control, and should be removed, and this is one that has been bad since I have been playing.

_Gungrave_ #18 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 07:14

Major

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View Postjohnmadara, on Mar 21 2017 - 02:50, said:

WG has nothing to do with win%, that comes from xvm which is a 3rd party mod

In a way you're half right I mean XVM gets its statistics to calculate overall win chance from the statistics provided by the server which wargaming allows to be publicly accessible.

I do wonder why those who created the XVM mod even bothered to add the win chance when realistically its detrimental to the game.

zed2204 #19 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 10:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33913 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
XVM eqasion is way to simple and overall bad for the game
It just adds all the overall WN8 and pretty much that's it
If they really work on it to be based on individual tank stats, resent not overall WN8, HP difference, map-team composition in terms of vihecle type and so on , then it would be something to talk about
Right now it's just nothing worth paying any attention to ( other then the fact that low% usually makes part of your team do stupid stuff)

_Gungrave_ #20 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 10:39

Major

• Players
  • 34352 battles

View Postzed2204, on Mar 21 2017 - 10:09, said:

XVM eqasion is way to simple and overall bad for the game
It just adds all the overall WN8 and pretty much that's it
If they really work on it to be based on individual tank stats, resent not overall WN8, HP difference, map-team composition in terms of vihecle type and so on , then it would be something to talk about
Right now it's just nothing worth paying any attention to ( other then the fact that low% usually makes part of your team do stupid stuff)

Heres a better solution...they simply remove it from XVM altogether.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users