• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Sherman_Panzer #1 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:33

Private

• Players
  • 65098 battles
  • [ROTS] ROTS

Ok, this is not a bashing post.

The ability to get things "just right" is probably as difficult as putting a man on the moon.

But there are some fundamental things that Wargaming has done that are errors, IMHO that need to be rectified.

1) Rental tanks - Fortunately we haven't seen a lot recently. I understand the short term business case for teasing people to spend money. But the long term ramifications of: 1) More people playing at tiers before they have a sense of what to do and 2) the rental weekend mayhem, at least offsets the short term revenue bump.

2) No South American server - I am unsure of what the reason is (internet? no advanced community members doing help in Spanish or Portugese? other?) but the level of play from Argentinian and Brazilian players is below that of North American. I actually calculated the average WN8 of those two nations from 132 games (screenshots of load in games). That is almost 4,000 players. 987 were Argentinian/Brazilian. Their average WN8 was 567. Of the 987, 193 either failed to load or loaded so late that the game was decided. These numbers are probably higher since a lot of people 1) dont flag identify in XVM 2) Some of the opposing players on the other team I don't see until end game.

3) The premium ammo discussion- Prem is part of the game. But IMHO the cost is too small.. There are too many people that spam prem. unnecessarily and don't learn how to play. I have been in games in my TOG and have had people in cromwells firing prem at me. The very next game they are teammates in their cromwells in a tier 8 game and now they are useless.

4) New vehicles that throw game dynamics off - The Defender? SInce the Defender came out it is pointless takign out my WZ111 with its 175 pen.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #2 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:37

Major

• Players
  • 15555 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostSherman_Panzer, on Mar 20 2017 - 19:33, said:

Ok, this is not a bashing post.

The ability to get things "just right" is probably as difficult as putting a man on the moon.

But there are some fundamental things that Wargaming has done that are errors, IMHO that need to be rectified.

1) Rental tanks - Fortunately we haven't seen a lot recently. I understand the short term business case for teasing people to spend money. But the long term ramifications of: 1) More people playing at tiers before they have a sense of what to do and 2) the rental weekend mayhem, at least offsets the short term revenue bump.

2) No South American server - I am unsure of what the reason is (internet? no advanced community members doing help in Spanish or Portugese? other?) but the level of play from Argentinian and Brazilian players is below that of North American. I actually calculated the average WN8 of those two nations from 132 games (screenshots of load in games). That is almost 4,000 players. 987 were Argentinian/Brazilian. Their average WN8 was 567. Of the 987, 193 either failed to load or loaded so late that the game was decided. These numbers are probably higher since a lot of people 1) dont flag identify in XVM 2) Some of the opposing players on the other team I don't see until end game.

3) The premium ammo discussion- Prem is part of the game. But IMHO the cost is too small.. There are too many people that spam prem. unnecessarily and don't learn how to play. I have been in games in my TOG and have had people in cromwells firing prem at me. The very next game they are teammates in their cromwells in a tier 8 game and now they are useless.

4) New vehicles that throw game dynamics off - The Defender? SInce the Defender came out it is pointless takign out my WZ111 with its 175 pen.

reason no south american is we have so few players our MM system can't populate the que normally.

divide the server any more and we will get more and more unbalanced matches.

seriously. go compare it to EU.  EU has enough players for it to work.

also i know some pretty good south american players.  go check out CAMN.

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/camn

he's an epic player.  and kicks your stats to pieces.
so your assumption that south americans are somehow worse.  isn't valid.  specially as you dont know what nation they from

Black_Paw #3 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 03:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29827 battles
Well, there's currently 10,463,709 total posts. I doubt this is the 9,876,678,689th post on ways to improve this game..  Please be more accurate

Harkonen_siegetank #4 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:24

Major

• Players
  • 27945 battles
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 20 2017 - 21:37, said:

reason no south american is we have so few players our MM system can't populate the que normally.

divide the server any more and we will get more and more unbalanced matches.

seriously. go compare it to EU.  EU has enough players for it to work.

also i know some pretty good south american players.  go check out CAMN.

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/camn

he's an epic player.  and kicks your stats to pieces.
so your assumption that south americans are somehow worse.  isn't valid.  specially as you dont know what nation they from

He is just one player, sample size is too small to justify anything. OP was talking in general BUT, you can't say anyone up north is any better. That being said SA server need to be there to bust this myth.

Next, rental tanks. I believe anyone back in Cyprus or Belarus dont really know the meaning of "Rental", seriously they need to get a dictionary or something. The way it should be implementing rental tanks is that you pay for silver to play certain premium tank for a set amount of time, obviously the cost should be at least break even (on good play) so that it can't be abused. Rental tanks shouldn't have full benefit of credit making.

Lastly, gold/premium ammo. I think WG should just let these ammo available to anyone (with lower cost), no more whining. You can have it, anyone can have it. On top of that, ammo cap should be there. Now if you are against this, consider the new tier 8 premium tanks against lower tier opposition.

Andrewlik #5 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16075 battles
  • [SDL] SDL
Good, reasonable points ordered in a logical and legible way. Good job. You are not better than 60% of the forum community. Keep it up :).

Dceriana98 #6 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19532 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM
even if they do make another server i would stay here to kick some yankee [edited]

swagglessboy #7 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 05:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 13184 battles

1) Rental tanks are a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. It does allow F2P players to get some credits or train some crew for a short amount of time. However with people that have <250 WN8 and <3K battles filling up battles at the tier 8 level, that would be not so good. But hey, us decent players can farm em right?

2)If the South Americans got their own server, our server populations would suffer. They do make up a good amount of our server.

3) You cant control whether people fire prem or standard ammo at you. If they want to fire prem, they can fire prem. I also do believe the cost is small only for the higher tiers. 

4) Something I can honestly agree on. The 252U/Defender has ruined tier 8 CW, SH battles and Team Battles. I see more of them than I see the IS-3. I also feel that the AMX M4 49 L, Scorpion G and T26E5, completely make the FCM 50T, Rhm B WT and T32 completely obsolete, respectively. 

But hey... Atleast the new Swedish tier 8 prem TD will not be as good as the Udes. 

KingofDragons #8 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 10:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13939 battles
i think they should combine the NA and EU servers.. A populated server really helps the low tiers get in game quicker.. Tier 1 or 2 can get in game within 3 to 6 secs compared to minutes on NA... Plus its nice seeing 180k playing compared to ours..

Duqe #9 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 10:09

Major

• Players
  • 22898 battles
  • [NEATT] NEATT
Wasn't Wargaming talking about global matchmaking at some point?

Harkonen_siegetank #10 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 12:19

Major

• Players
  • 27945 battles
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_

View PostDuqe, on Mar 21 2017 - 04:09, said:

Wasn't Wargaming talking about global matchmaking at some point?

That along with Havok. Don't count on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users