What is with some of these changes to tanks?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RolandOfBremen #1 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 06:20

Private

• Players
  • 35617 battles
  • [AP] AP
I have a Super Pershing, that is now as slow or slower than most TDs that are heavier, and better gunned, and with most tanks getting buffed, you have to use gold to pen them, which does not help this tank.  The Lowe, gets buffed, and now, is more like a Tier 9 tank.  Some of the new tanks added, you cannot penetrate hardly at all.  The new Defender, and Obj tanks, need to be Tier X, and not Tier VIII.  With the way that MM is, you end up getting all the buffed tanks on one side, and average tanks on the other, and you end up with 0-15, 5-15 losses.   A lot of tanks that I have now, I really don't like playing, because they often get into battles where they cannot penetrate most of the tanks, and don't have the armor to go up against others.  Even some of the TDs cannot pen some tanks like they use to.

Bronco2219 #2 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 07:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16505 battles
  • [69REG] 69REG

Everyone was crying over the heavies being penned, So they buffed tanks nerfed AP & APCR .  So now tanks like the type 4/5 can just come around the corner and nuke anything in sight. Well I shoot ping-pong balls.

I have TD's now that are only good for slinging shells in a batting Cage.  Fully aimed shot's mean little now, As the chance of hitting where your aiming is even more messed up with there latest idea's.

My super P used to be a fun tank to take out. Now not so much, A snail frozen in ice is faster. the 90mm is like shooting frozen peas against most of the tanks. Flanking on all but a few maps and very limited area's on those maps is all but gone. I have some TD's that have been so nerfed in the past! That light tanks will out gun out run, out load and out hide is just a joke. ( light ) tanks were scouts and infantry support, Not tank killers! That is why they were dropped from production for medium tanks.

When i bought my T26E4 is was $76.00 Canadian.  Not worth a a nickle now, and i will not spend anything more on this game!  Some of those Premium tanks now are over $100. and with what i have seen done to other Premiums i have bought not doing that again.

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 08:00

Major

• Players
  • 16569 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

View PostBronco2219, on Mar 21 2017 - 06:41, said:

When i bought my T26E4 is was $76.00 Canadian.  Not worth a a nickle now, and i will not spend anything more on this game!  Some of those Premium tanks now are over $100. and with what i have seen done to other Premiums i have bought not doing that again.

Uhh... what? The SP is currently 45.22$ CAD, and the CAD-US conversion isn't all that great. How the heck did you buy your tank as that's nearing double the price. Expensive premiums for CAD are 72$, not 100$. Unless you're only counting bundles. 

Elite0077 #4 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 09:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31613 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS

SP still a good tank.  Just some the new tank and extreme angle tanks is mad.   SP cann't even really pen the new german heavy.  Less it uses prem ammo.  We all know that RU tank benefit a bit to much from angle system for gaming balance.  They never properly test tanks with standard ammo just premuim mainly on test.  Plus if it a RU you know going have FIREPOWER ARMOR SPEED AND NOW SUPER SHORT.  With few or not really much for weak points.

Best way test out a take proper testing put it on main server Give every one it so it can face the masses before being put in tree.

Duqe #5 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 10:08

Major

• Players
  • 22918 battles
  • [NEATT] NEATT
I tell you what, the 192 penetration the SP has now is a god sent, and if you can't make do with that against tier 9 opponents (or the insane APCR round), then I recommend looking at some kinda' site what show you them armour layouts.

84Doc04 #6 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 12:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12982 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View PostRolandOfBremen, on Mar 21 2017 - 00:20, said:

I have a Super Pershing, that is now as slow or slower than most TDs that are heavier, and better gunned, and with most tanks getting buffed, you have to use gold to pen them, which does not help this tank.  The Lowe, gets buffed, and now, is more like a Tier 9 tank.  Some of the new tanks added, you cannot penetrate hardly at all.  The new Defender, and Obj tanks, need to be Tier X, and not Tier VIII.  With the way that MM is, you end up getting all the buffed tanks on one side, and average tanks on the other, and you end up with 0-15, 5-15 losses.   A lot of tanks that I have now, I really don't like playing, because they often get into battles where they cannot penetrate most of the tanks, and don't have the armor to go up against others.  Even some of the TDs cannot pen some tanks like they use to.

Maybe you should learn how to play it.  It is a bit slow, but has great armor and a decent gun.  The Defender is certainly NOT OP.  I routinely destroy them in tanks with far worse guns than the Super P.  And don't blame MM on your tank.  That's a whole separate rant....

Lord_Hiney #7 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 13:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11462 battles
Super P is still very competitive at tier 8 with its preferential MM. the pen buff means it doesn't even have to use nearly as many premium rounds anymore. It can rip defenders apart. The only tanks it has trouble penning frontally are the VK B and the Type 4, sometimes the E75 if you can't get at the lower plate.

Ironclad73 #8 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 15582 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Super P is a fun tank, especially with its pref mm and the recent buff makes it much better.

Sometimes when I want a little more power I'll swap out the firefighter consumable for 105 fuel just for the fun of it. 

Bronco2219 #9 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 17:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16505 battles
  • [69REG] 69REG

View PostKamahl1234, on Mar 21 2017 - 00:00, said:

Uhh... what? The SP is currently 45.22$ CAD, and the CAD-US conversion isn't all that great. How the heck did you buy your tank as that's nearing double the price. Expensive premiums for CAD are 72$, not 100$. Unless you're only counting bundles. 

A few year ago

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users