I finally did it. I uninstalled the game.

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #21 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:48

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View Post65Camino, on Mar 21 2017 - 15:40, said:

OP, StrikeWitch's comment about winning and losing is purely tongue in cheek. There is nothing to get other than what he typed out as a post. He was attempting to be funny.

and i utterly failed =(

LpBronco #22 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36462 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostEisenriese, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:26, said:

​I have the same issue. Have a 3 page support ticket going on so far. Its a straight up "dog and pony show" with Wargamings "support".

Honestly, they worked with me for weeks, can't fault them for trying and they were as helpful as possible but it really is probably going to take something from AMD to take care of the issue.

They suggested the SD settings with a clean install for now but I've seen no evidence whatsoever that any of the mods I use have caused any issue as I was still getting the CTD's when I was pure vanilla and running in SD before this last AMD driver but the latest driver still crashes in HD.

Edited by LpBronco, Mar 21 2017 - 23:52.

Gunadie #23 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:50

Major

• Players
  • 37134 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 14:23, said:

So funny...:D

So many people here can only seem to read a thread title, but not the content.

Looks like there's 5 more people to add to my ignore list:

Spoiler

Beautiful!

It just keeps growing everyday.

I think this is an inherent problem when WG waters down the game so it will run on every operating system from Win XP and up!

It reduced what they can and cant do with graphics and quality of everything in the game

They should raise the minimum OS to win 7 at least

Seeing as how win 7 is now no longer being supported by MS, Wots min requirements are now 4 defunct levels behind

Iron_Soul_Stealer #24 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostEisenriese, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:26, said:

​I have the same issue. Have a 3 page support ticket going on so far. Its a straight up "dog and pony show" with Wargamings "support".

How is your support ticket going..? Or should I ask..?

View Post65Camino, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:40, said:

OP, StrikeWitch's comment about winning and losing is purely tongue in cheek. There is nothing to get other than what he typed out as a post. He was attempting to be funny.

I didn't find it very funny. No offense though.

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:48, said:

and i utterly failed =(

Don't be so hard on yourself. You tried. 

View PostLpBronco, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:49, said:

Honestly, they worked with me for weeks, can't fault them for trying and they were as helpful as possible but it really is probably going to take something from AMD to take care of the issue.

They suggested the SD settings with a clean install for now but I've seen no evidence whatsoever that any of the mods I use have caused any issue as I was still getting the CTD's when I was pure vanilla and running in SD before this last AMD driver but the latest driver still crashes in HD.

It's interesting that you mentioned that.

Because immediately after I uninstalled the game client I was taken to a world of tanks survey page where I answered a few questions. When asked why I was uninstalling the game, I chose the option describing lag/ping-server issues and problems, I was then taken to a support page where they recommended that I uninstall any mods that I might be using.

*The only thing is....  I don't use any modifications.

I never have, and I probably never will. I run a completely vanilla client. So, not sure why they'd suggest that.

Kenshin2kx #25 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 00:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 11:18, said:

Huh..? I don't get it..? :amazed:

I am guessing that this was a humorous dig at WG, as in the only way to truly beat WoT is to uninstall it ... period.

Trauglodyte #26 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 00:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8748 battles
Yet you created a topic to tell us about it.  How awesome of you!

Manimal__ #27 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 00:20

Major

• Players
  • 36319 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 13:11, said:

Well everyone, as the title states, I finally uninstalled the game.

After our recent patch/update, I have been experiencing some unexplained glitches and bugs, so I decided to try uninstalling the entire game client, and then re-installing it. These were just some of my recent problems after 9.17:

I strongly encourage all our wot players out there {like myself} that still love this game to at least try this as a last resort. Please don't give up and quit just yet. Try this first. I'm not sure if this will help fix all our issues, but it's worth a try. I uninstalled, then restarted my PC, then re-installed the client from scratch. I still haven't went into a random battle yet after trying this, so I'm not sure if this will solve my server-lag/ping issues, but so far it seemed to fix a strange bug I had in the garage.

*One important word of caution, however:

If you're like me, and you like to take a lot of screenshots, and save all your battle replays for learning purposes later, then you must first save both folders {your replays and screenshots} to a secondary folder somewhere on your hard drive before you uninstall. If not, all will be deleted.

Hope this works for you.

~Cheers and happy battles everyone!

See you tomorrow on wot.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #28 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Mar 21 2017 - 18:18, said:

Yet you created a topic to tell us about it.  How awesome of you!

View Postmanimal79, on Mar 21 2017 - 18:20, said:

See you tomorrow on wot.

So, did either of you actually READ the content of the opening post..? Or, just the title..? Hmmm....?

Anyway, you both have been added to my ignore list. And yes, I will be back tomorrow, but I won't be responding to either of you.

Have a nice life.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #29 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 00:53

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostGunadie, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:46, said:

If only there were more winners!...LOL

Honestly, I don't expect to win every battle, but I certainly don't like to lose every battle either...especially when I'm simply trying to grind and win my x2 for the day. So, I see nothing wrong with a 50/50 outcome, more or less.

On that note...

*I sincerely hope that Wargaming does not forget to put FUN as the #1 priority for its player base. And I don't claim to know much about their proprietary matchmaker, but I do know that ridiculously long losing streaks are NOT fun. So if they can somehow figure out how to fix that issue and balance the matches a bit better to avoid those long and dreadful losing steaks that would be even better. Because nobody likes long losing streaks...especially when we are trying our hardest to win our x2 for the day, while grinding a tank.

omi5cron #30 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 01:11

Captain

• Players
  • 19441 battles
  • [21ARM] 21ARM

"the only way to win the game...is NOT to play"

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? "

hope your lag/packet loss problems get cured. i am also in that boat. not gonna do a fresh install unless as a LAST resort!

yereverluvinunclebert #31 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 21:11, said:

I still haven't went

wthdoes that mean?

The word 'went' is past tense. The words  "I haven't" or "I have not" are present tense. "I haven't went" is utterly appalling. English teachers and ex-Prime Ministers probably died while listening to that grammar abomination.

No <expletive deleted> auxiliary verbs before 'went' PLEASE! 

"I haven't gone" would have sufficed but that phrase, being correct, is NOTHING like the drivel you wrote * BANG*  >MY BRAIN JUST BURST<  :angry:

the_Deadly_Bulb #32 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 02:51

Captain

• Players
  • 17774 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 13:18, said:

Huh..? I don't get it..? :amazed:

I did manage to win a few games this past St. Patricks day....and about 80% of my battles were mostly playable.

*Note: In a couple of my battles, however, I got what I like to call that weird "quantum leap". It's when your screen freezes, and then a few moments later your tank reappears in a completely different spot and you have no idea how it got there. Unfortunately, that happened to me again this weekend when I was battling on the west side of the map in Abbey. I had 3 kills and plenty of damage, and I was doing well...until I got the "quantum leap". When I finally regained my senses screen, I found myself in the deep end of a lake. I tried treading water for a few seconds, but to no avail. Yes, I drowned. And no, the drowning was obviously not on purpose. My apologies to my team mates that had to suffer through the rest of that battle.

...:facepalm:

What you call "Quantum Leap" I call teleporting. Its caused by your internet connection, nothing to do with WG, your PC or the game. It may be nothing to do with your ISP either. The internet is a vast array of routers and routes and its not too difficult nor unheard of to get sudden bursts of packet loss, then get back to the connection. This makes your tank seem like it stops, you'll continue to hear the engine, but nothing changes and you aren't moving. If you can react quick enough just release the W key, with luck you'll stop, more luck and the opposition won't be able to see you where you stopped, and with extreme luck you wont be in the water or upside down, and can continue once the packet loss has passed and your connection starts to stream properly again.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 22 2017 - 02:52.

diego999 #33 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 03:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 29183 battles
  • [ACA] ACA

2800 battles and 8000 [edited] posts.

This is a tragic loss. 

wizzard54 #34 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 04:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 13868 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
If someone doesn't fix this ping problem soon I will not only uninstall the game but I will quit permently and spend my money on another tank game, are you listening?

LpBronco #35 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 10:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36462 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:59, said

*The only thing is....  I don't use any modifications.

I never have, and I probably never will. I run a completely vanilla client. So, not sure why they'd suggest that.

...more a process of elimination.

Duqe #36 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 10:56

Major

• Players
  • 23986 battles
  • [RELSH] RELSH

See you back in a couple of weeks.

When a new patch is out to fix it?

Eisenriese #37 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 15:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10476 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Mar 21 2017 - 23:49, said:

​They suggest all the same stuff to me. HD client is definitely a no-go. Mods are not the issue here either. Same map same crashes with and without mods. I have even swapped in an older Nvidia card (GTX980) and played 3 days with out a crash. I even TRIED to create a crash using the older NVidia by running full training rooms with clanmates. No crashes.

I have been trying to work with AMD/ATI on this issue but they are less than helpful. They just blame Wargaming and bad code that isn't optimized for their cards. According to them they have been or have tried to work with wargaming. Guess we will see.

SmirkingGerbil #38 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 15:46

Major

• Players
  • 33627 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 21 2017 - 16:16, said:

have you played EVE?

when a game has no end, no way to win.  no way to escape the addiction

Nope, but I am familiar with the reference, my allegory was not directed at your reference to the game, but to the OP.

LpBronco #39 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 17:16

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36462 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostEisenriese, on Mar 22 2017 - 09:09, said:

​They suggest all the same stuff to me. HD client is definitely a no-go. Mods are not the issue here either. Same map same crashes with and without mods. I have even swapped in an older Nvidia card (GTX980) and played 3 days with out a crash. I even TRIED to create a crash using the older NVidia by running full training rooms with clanmates. No crashes.

I have been trying to work with AMD/ATI on this issue but they are less than helpful. They just blame Wargaming and bad code that isn't optimized for their cards. According to them they have been or have tried to work with wargaming. Guess we will see.

They both need to deal with this before it starts costing them money. If it gets out that the high end cards have issues it will fuel the fire to replace these with ANOTHER manufacturer. Less ready to blame Wargaming this time as the OC 8gb card drivers should work for WoT.

jamesdoz #40 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 32353 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3
dude you have more then  2 times more post then battles, I think you were  in the forums thinking you were playing and playing when you though you were in the forums 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users