I finally did it. I uninstalled the game.

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

manimal79 #41 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 34702 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 15:33, said:

So, did either of you actually READ the content of the opening post..? Or, just the title..? Hmmm....?

Yes I did read it. That's why I said see you tomorrow.

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 15:33, said:

Anyway, you both have been added to my ignore list. And yes, I will be back tomorrow, but I won't be responding to either of you.

Have a nice life!

OH NO!!! Not the ignore list!!! anything but that!!! I'm so hurt that you've added me to the ignore list!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! What will I ever do?!?!?!

Eisenriese #42 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 21:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7465 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Mar 22 2017 - 17:16, said:

They both need to deal with this before it starts costing them money. If it gets out that the high end cards have issues it will fuel the fire to replace these with ANOTHER manufacturer. Less ready to blame Wargaming this time as the OC 8gb card drivers should work for WoT.

​Who knows.

I do know I am getting ready to build my wife a new pc with the same specs as mine. I wont be getting another AMD gpu tho. Which is sad since you can get the card I have (top of the line ASUS Strix RX480 8gb OC, NOT a knock off manufacturer) for around $225-$250 depending on sales/rebates. BUT you cant get a 1080 for less than $600 and the 1070 are still running about $400-$450.

LpBronco #43 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 21:10

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35362 battles
  • [_F_] _F_
Same card I have.

ArmorStorm #44 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:56

Major

• Players
  • 32719 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 15:42, said:

Sorry, but I'm still not following you.

*I don't play this game to "beat the game", I simply play wot as a source of fun and entertainment...especially with family and friends. When it is no longer fun and entertaining, then I will uninstall for good.

He didn't read your post, just the title.  He thinks you are quitting the game permanently.

ArmorStorm #45 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:57

Major

• Players
  • 32719 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostEisenriese, on Mar 22 2017 - 14:05, said:

​Who knows.

I do know I am getting ready to build my wife a new pc with the same specs as mine. I wont be getting another AMD gpu tho. Which is sad since you can get the card I have (top of the line ASUS Strix RX480 8gb OC, NOT a knock off manufacturer) for around $225-$250 depending on sales/rebates. BUT you cant get a 1080 for less than $600 and the 1070 are still running about $400-$450.

Ya get what you pay for!  ;)

diesel__1 #46 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 01:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 8084 battles
Here I thought it was a thread about you quitting.  What a disappointment.....................:(

Iron_Soul_Stealer #47 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 01:10

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:16, said:

have you played EVE?

when a game has no end, no way to win.  no way to escape the addiction

Again, I don't play this game to "beat the game", and I don't really care if it has an end, or not. I play wot simply for fun and entertainment. You know, instead of watching netflix...or going out to dinner and a movie. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that..? Why does a game need to have an end..? And who said anything about being addicted..? We have 8 months of winter here. We like to enjoy good fun and entertainment. And who here is arguing..? A few members here are being typical unhelpful d-bags, but that is not unusual... and they've already been added to my ignore list. So, besides that, did anyone else here even read get the gist of my opening post..? ...grammar mistakes and all..?

....:facepalm:

View Postjamesdoz, on Mar 22 2017 - 11:49, said:

dude you have more then  2 times more post then battles,

View Postyereverluvinunclebert, on Mar 21 2017 - 19:51, said:

wthdoes that mean?

And 2 more unhelpful people that just came here to pounce. You've both been added to my ignore list. Please don't take it personally. Have a nice life.

View Postdiego999, on Mar 21 2017 - 21:29, said:

2800 battles and 8000 [edited] posts.

This is a tragic loss. 

That was unnecessary and unhelpful 'snarkasm'...wasn't it.

*By the way, why does it seem to matter to you how many posts I have..? I am entitled to enjoy our forum community as much, and/or even more often than I do the game. On second thought, never mind. You're just 1 more unhelpful snarky person to add to my ignore list. Have a nice life.

View Postwizzard54, on Mar 21 2017 - 22:05, said:

If someone doesn't fix this ping problem soon I will not only uninstall the game but I will quit permently and spend my money on another tank game, are you listening?

Sounds like someone else here is having the same problems.

View PostLpBronco, on Mar 22 2017 - 04:52, said:

...more a process of elimination.

Well, they need to keep eliminating.

*By the way, someone on this thread mentioned that our ping/lag issues are a result of slow internet connections, and NOT Wargamings' server. Do you agree with that..? Or, do you think the WG server {and possibly even their latest patch update} might still have something to do with these problems..? Let me know.

diesel__1 #48 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 01:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 8084 battles
The funny thing is......you can make it to his ignore list...but 99% of the posters can still read what you're saying.  Sometimes that is more important ;)

JRingo20 #49 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 01:28

Captain

• Players
  • 31153 battles

View PostGunadie, on Mar 21 2017 - 16:46, said:

If only there were more winners!...LOL

I won.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #50 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Mar 21 2017 - 19:11, said:

"the only way to win the game...is NOT to play"

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? "

hope your lag/packet loss problems get cured. i am also in that boat. not gonna do a fresh install unless as a LAST resort!

Thanks. If you do a complete uninstall-then a reinstall, let me know if it worked...or fixed anything. Especially those lag/ping issues. In the meantime...

~Cheers, and hopefully...happy unhindered battles!

View PostDuqe, on Mar 22 2017 - 04:56, said:

See you back in a couple of weeks.

When a new patch is out to fix it?

Thanks. Hopefully that is all that's needed. 

View PostArmorStorm, on Mar 22 2017 - 18:56, said:

He didn't read your post, just the title.  He thinks you are quitting the game permanently.

I kind of figured that.

Unfortunately, I don't think these people get it...:facepalm:

What we need in this game are more players, not less. Do we all want 1/2 hour Q times..? Do we all want to play on the same boring map, over, and over....and over again..? I think not. Has anyone been on that west server lately..?

Furthermore, we need better role models here. I've noticed that we certainly have a shortage of those. What we don't have a shortage of, however, are those nasty, disrespectful, unhelpful, and insulting d-bags that always seem to show up on threads, but they never contribute anything constructive. They just like to pounce for the sake of pouncing.

On that note....

Of course no one is 'perfect', and we all make mistakes {myself included}.

However...

I could mention a few wot players that I know of, personally, that would make excellent helpful role models & mentors, but it's not my place to put anyone on the spot... so I won't mention any names. Besides, it's not my job to play "spot the role model", here. I believe it's up to each of us as individuals to decide for ourselves who we want to look up to, and listen to. Are they behaving respectfully, honourably, and with conduct becoming a good wot player..? You decide. Choose wisely my friends.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #51 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 04:55

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View Postwizzard54, on Mar 21 2017 - 22:05, said:

If someone doesn't fix this ping problem soon I will not only uninstall the game but I will quit permently and spend my money on another tank game, are you listening?

Again, it's not just you. I have also been experiencing problems ever since 9.17 came out.

*And some members here will try and convince you that the problem is YOU and your internet connection, but don't let them fool you. I sincerely suspect something else is going on here. I explain my reasons more clearly, below:

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 21 2017 - 20:51, said:

What you call "Quantum Leap" I call teleporting. Its caused by your internet connection, nothing to do with WG, your PC or the game. It may be nothing to do with your ISP either. The internet is a vast array of routers and routes and its not too difficult nor unheard of to get sudden bursts of packet loss, then get back to the connection. This makes your tank seem like it stops, you'll continue to hear the engine, but nothing changes and you aren't moving. If you can react quick enough just release the W key, with luck you'll stop, more luck and the opposition won't be able to see you where you stopped, and with extreme luck you wont be in the water or upside down, and can continue once the packet loss has passed and your connection starts to stream properly again.

I didn't want to openly admit this at first, but I also play a couple of "other" online pvp games that are very similar to wot. I won't mention any names for obvious reasons, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Anyway, whenever I play those other games I never have any problems with lag spikes and high ping, not to mention the ridiculous game crashes/lock outs etc. Nope. The "other" games seem to work just fine. But now when I play wot, lately, I do get unexplained sporadic gaming problems...and only when I play wot. So, is it really me and my internet connection..? Or, is it their server..?  And if it's truly a problem with my internet connection, then wouldn't the problem affect ALL my online gaming..? {*ie: all or nothing scenario} That does not seem to be the case, however. Hmmm...? How do you explain that..?

otacon237 #52 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 06:09

Major

• Players
  • 21721 battles
lol, so many people in this thread didn't fully read OP's post

Manabozo #53 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 06:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44192 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 21 2017 - 22:26, said:

its a reference to EVE Online.  in these types of games where theres no true end of the game (like you see in single player games).    the only time you've won, is when you've left.  cause you've broken the addiction.

every tiem you leave. you win

every time you return. you lose.

so you won,  and then lost

People never leave EVE, they just set the queue and AFK for a year.

eisen1973 #54 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 06:42

Major

• Players
  • 45252 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 21 2017 - 16:11, said:

Well everyone, as the title states, I finally uninstalled the game.

After our recent patch/update, I have been experiencing some unexplained sporadic glitches and bugs, so I decided to try uninstalling the entire game client, and then re-installing it. These were just some of my recent problems after 9.17:

I strongly encourage all our wot players out there {like myself} that still love this game to at least try this as a last resort. Please don't give up and quit just yet. Try this first. I'm not sure if this will help fix all our issues, but it's worth a try. I uninstalled, then restarted my PC, then re-installed the client from scratch. I still haven't went into a random battle yet after trying this, so I'm not sure if this will solve my server-lag/ping issues, but so far it seemed to fix a strange bug I had in the garage.

*One important word of caution, however:

If you're like me, and you like to take a lot of screenshots, and save all your battle replays for learning purposes later, then you must first save both folders {your replays and screenshots} to a secondary folder somewhere on your hard drive before you uninstall. If not, all will be deleted.

Hope this works for you.

~Cheers and happy battles everyone!

*Oh, and if anyone out there has any helpful suggestions on what may be causing these server/lag problems-game crashes etc., and how to fix them, please feel free to share them with us. Thanks.

The reason why you are taking so much unnecessary heat is because of a poor choice for the title of the post. Using "Re-installing" instead of "uninstalling" would have looked different from a quit rant. Anyway, your post reminded me I should update my driver and a clean installation never hurts either :)

Iron_Soul_Stealer #55 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 06:59

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View Posteisen1973, on Mar 23 2017 - 00:42, said:

The reason why you are taking so much unnecessary heat is because of a poor choice for the title of the post. Using "Re-installing" instead of "uninstalling" would have looked different from a quit rant. Anyway, your post reminded me I should update my driver and a clean installation never hurts either :)

Believe it or not, my thread title was deliberately and carefully chosen.

It's not my fault people won't read an opening post, but instead prefer to quickly jump to their own "exciting" conclusions. And it was interesting to see who happened to show up, though. Again, this just helps me weed out the forum d-bags, from the constructive members here that actually care to help.

I hope your re-installation works out for you.

~Cheers

Iron_Soul_Stealer #56 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View Postblockquote, on Mar 22 2017 - 03:29, said:

This is a tragic loss

No, that's not tragic.

What is truly tragic here are the vast amounts of lonely people that come here and try to use this wot forum as a 'surrogate family' because they have no real family of their own...or, at least not a functional one. And even more tragic are the people that have no real friends {IRL} so they try and substitute that with "virtual-friends". That is the real tragedy here.  

View Postotacon237, on Mar 23 2017 - 00:09, said:

lol, so many people in this thread didn't fully read OP's post

I'm not surprised, and I'm not bothered by the riff raff here.

As it turned out, most of the unpleasant and unhelpful d-bags that showed up were already on my ignore list...I only had to add a few more. I must have really triggered them in the past...especially for them to keep following me around like forlorn little puppies. 

Honestly, I never post on any of their threads {I just don't find them all that interesting}, but the d-bags 'usual suspects' always seem to show up on mine. True story. All the lonely puppies....where do they all come from..?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #57 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 00:03

Major

• Players
  • 2907 battles

View PostJRingo20, on Mar 22 2017 - 19:28, said:

I won.

What did you win..?

GseriesARFCOM #58 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 00:51

Major

• Players
  • 8738 battles
  • [TROLU] TROLU
GseriesARFCOM permanently uninstalled the game in the summer of 2016. He hasn't played since but still frequents the off topic forum for the LULZ.

JRingo20 #59 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 01:50

Captain

• Players
  • 31153 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 23 2017 - 17:03, said:

What did you win..?

I uninstalled last May and haven't been back and don't intend to come back.

This game is broke on so many levels it just isn't fun anymore.

If you are still having fun, good for you and good luck.

LpBronco #60 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 02:30

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35362 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostJRingo20, on Mar 23 2017 - 19:50, said:

I uninstalled last May and haven't been back and don't intend to come back.

This game is broke on so many levels it just isn't fun anymore.

If you are still having fun, good for you and good luck.

...until you do. LOL

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users