I finally did it. I uninstalled the game.

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

JRingo20 #61 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 18:20

Captain

• Players
  • 31340 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Mar 23 2017 - 19:30, said:

...until you do. LOL

When a GAME is no longer fun to play, why waste my time.

I have better things to do.

Klaatu_Nicto #62 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 43963 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 21 2017 - 14:48, said:

and i utterly failed =(

I understood your humor.

Powerwise #63 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 21:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11259 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 21 2017 - 16:14, said:

you've won the game

Lethalhavoc #64 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 22:38

Major

• Players
  • 38675 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Mar 21 2017 - 17:17, said:

I've done two clean reinstalls and a graphics driver purge and 2 new driver updates and having to run the game in SD because AMD and Wargaming can't get together and solve the RX 480 8gb card requirements. Then again I remember when the graphics were little better than a cartoon.LOL

There is a fix for that in tech section, it forces your card to run in directx 9 and from the reports I have seen it works.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/534323-fix-for-the-rx-470480-ctds/

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Mar 24 2017 - 22:40.

LpBronco #65 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 01:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37756 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
... I wish it had sigh

Iron_Soul_Stealer #66 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 3029 battles

View Postbredy_, on Mar 21 2017 - 16:50, said:

Have you tried uninstalling the forum ??

If not, could you please ?

Luckily, I don't need the game client to post in our forum {as I recently discovered}. So I don't have to uninstall anything to play here...:) And because of your sincere words of encouragement, I've decided to remain an active contributing member of our wot community for at least another 5 years. Have a nice life.

View PostGseriesARFCOM, on Mar 23 2017 - 18:51, said:

GseriesARFCOM permanently uninstalled the game in the summer of 2016. He hasn't played since but still frequents the off topic forum for the LULZ.

That's too bad, Gman, I was going to invite you to one of our platoon units. We have a small group, in game, that like to brawl and have fun. Yes, we play to win, but we like to have a lot of fun doing it. If you change your mind, check us out, and send me a message to my garage. I'll add you.

*Oh, we also run battle training rooms {usually weekends/evenings}. And those are super fun! Yes, we battle {no chillin here}, but we like to balance the teams so it's as fair as possible for everyone. Again, it's usually tiers 3-6 {mostly 5}, because I think those are the most fun tiers to play. I always found high tier game play boring with a capital B.

Eisenriese #67 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 02:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13406 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostLethalhavoc, on Mar 24 2017 - 22:38, said:

There is a fix for that in tech section, it forces your card to run in directx 9 and from the reports I have seen it works.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/534323-fix-for-the-rx-470480-ctds/

​I have tried that. Sacred Valley and Artic Region still crash. Only without the Wattman error! :) Just out to desktop to relog. But the fix does make the game more stable. Still that's a joke to have to force a top of the line card to run at lower DirectX cause Wargaming and AMD cant play nice for whatever reason.

Edited by Eisenriese, Mar 25 2017 - 02:10.

Lethalhavoc #68 Posted Mar 25 2017 - 15:55

Major

• Players
  • 38675 battles

View PostEisenriese, on Mar 24 2017 - 21:08, said:

​I have tried that. Sacred Valley and Artic Region still crash. Only without the Wattman error! :) Just out to desktop to relog. But the fix does make the game more stable. Still that's a joke to have to force a top of the line card to run at lower DirectX cause Wargaming and AMD cant play nice for whatever reason.

I went checking the AMD forums and they seem to believe that the Crimson 16.11.5 drivers are stable when playing WoT on an RX480.

LpBronco is trying it out atm, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet to let me know if it is stable.

Gramps_77 #69 Posted Mar 26 2017 - 13:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7991 battles

Reporting topic, see below

View Posteisen1973, on Mar 23 2017 - 00:42, said:

The reason why you are taking so much unnecessary heat is because of a poor choice for the title of the post. Using "Re-installing" instead of "uninstalling" would have looked different from a quit rant. Anyway, your post reminded me I should update my driver and a clean installation never hurts either :)

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 23 2017 - 00:59, said:

Believe it or not, my thread title was deliberately and carefully chosen.

It's not my fault people won't read an opening post, but instead prefer to quickly jump to their own "exciting" conclusions. And it was interesting to see who happened to show up, though. Again, this just helps me weed out the forum d-bags, from the constructive members here that actually care to help.

I hope your re-installation works out for you.

~Cheers

Sorry OP but I see this as a violation of the following forum rules

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling Off topic posting in an attempt to derail valid posts, or creating topics/threads for the purpose of causing unrest are not allowed.

Spoiler 

3.2 Hard-to-Read Posts

Spoiler 

You openly admit to wording your title in such a way as to draw negative replies in order to add people to your ignore list.

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 23 2017 - 14:45, said:

No, that's not tragic.

What is truly tragic here are the vast amounts of lonely people that come here and try to use this wot forum as a 'surrogate family' because they have no real family of their own...or, at least not a functional one. And even more tragic are the people that have no real friends {IRL} so they try and substitute that with "virtual-friends". That is the real tragedy here.  

I'm not surprised, and I'm not bothered by the riff raff here.

As it turned out, most of the unpleasant and unhelpful d-bags that showed up were already on my ignore list...I only had to add a few more. I must have really triggered them in the past...especially for them to keep following me around like forlorn little puppies. 

Honestly, I never post on any of their threads {I just don't find them all that interesting}, but the d-bags 'usual suspects' always seem to show up on mine. True story. All the lonely puppies....where do they all come from..?

And this last post is just very ironic.  8000 forum posts and you are commenting about someone else not having friends in real life.

I feel sorry for your kids, what a role model.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #70 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 3029 battles

View PostPowerwise, on Mar 24 2017 - 15:24, said:

Hey, I remember that movie! :D

I just watched it with my family the other day.

I like for them to get a taste of the classics. It's good for their development.

View PostJRingo20, on Mar 23 2017 - 19:50, said:

I uninstalled last May and haven't been back and don't intend to come back.

This game is broke on so many levels it just isn't fun anymore.

If you are still having fun, good for you and good luck.

Why did you quit, Ringo..? :amazed:

Was it because of the long and insanely frustrating losing streaks..? Honestly, that's what drives me out of the game. But hey, at least we still have the forum to play on.

LpBronco #71 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 01:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37756 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
I actually played Arctic Region tonight without interruption. Rolling back the drivers per Lethalhavoc to 16.11.5 seems to have alleviated my problem, will advise if I find any other issues or will report an all clear status when I'm totally convinced the issue has been resolved.

GreenTankCore #72 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 04:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21914 battles

I uninstalled the game as well, but not for glitches or anything. Just boring doing the same maps over and over

and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Again

Iron_Soul_Stealer #73 Posted Mar 27 2017 - 06:52

Major

• Players
  • 3029 battles

View PostGramps_77, on Mar 26 2017 - 07:37, said:

Reporting topic, see below

Who are you again..?

View PostLpBronco, on Mar 26 2017 - 19:45, said:

I actually played Arctic Region tonight without interruption. Rolling back the drivers per Lethalhavoc to 16.11.5 seems to have alleviated my problem, will advise if I find any other issues or will report an all clear status when I'm totally convinced the issue has been resolved.

Interesting. I also played a few games tonight.

They were mostly playable...with only a few minor lag/teleportation issues. Personally, I would advise NOT doing any microsoft updates to your PC. Every time I do, it only seems to make the problems worse. True story. I don't know why.

*Lastly, I am also in the process of attentively gathering a reasonable sample size of data {from random battles} with regards to my server problems and issues in game. I am cautiously optimistic that things will get better soon. 

View PostGreenTankCore, on Mar 26 2017 - 22:41, said:

I uninstalled the game as well, but not for glitches or anything. Just boring doing the same maps over and over

and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Again

^..Yes. I get it. Point taken.

*However, I believe WG is currently working on that problem right now. Did you watch the "Big Changes" live stream video with Brian, Thaine, and Andrey, on March 2nd..?

If you missed it, that's Ok... here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfTanks.NA/videos/vb.561655737274152/1128305413942512/?type=2&theater

Iron_Soul_Stealer #74 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 3029 battles

View PostJRingo20, on Mar 24 2017 - 12:20, said:

Again, why do you not find the game fun anymore, Ringo..? Can you give me a specific example..?

View PostGreenTankCore, on Mar 26 2017 - 22:41, said:

Again

Like I said, WG is currently working on that map rotation problem. Did you watch the WG video, above..?

*Oh, and if you found that interview with Brian, Thaine, and Andrey a bit on the slow and boring side, there's a really great video from QuickyBaby that was just released a few days ago. He does a nice job of illustrating, condensing, and explaining the new upcoming changes that will happen in 9.18. Have a look, it's worth the watch:

~Cheers, and hopefully...happy battles! :)

Iron_Soul_Stealer #75 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 3029 battles

View PostJRingo20, on Mar 24 2017 - 12:20, said:

Dude, I here ya...:facepalm:

I couldn't even win today no matter how hard I tried. Not even once. That was no fun for me.

So, I quit and logged off after several losses in a row without even winning once. So much for trying to get my x5's. Oh well, at least I still have the forum to play on.

DanielA13 #76 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 03:54

Captain

• Players
  • 10986 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostPowerwise, on Mar 24 2017 - 14:24, said:

Nah, let's play Nuclear War.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #77 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 01:02

Major

• Players
  • 3029 battles

View PostDanielA13, on Apr 11 2017 - 21:54, said:

Nah, let's play Nuclear War.

^..That reminds me so much of the "star wars program" during the Ronald Reagan days of the early 80's.

Time and time again, I'm now reminded of how old I really am whenever I see these forum young'ins actually quoting Ronny Reagan...yet they never even lived through the terror of his administration. If they had, they certainly wouldn't be quoting any "words of wisdom" from him. Heck, when Ronny had his shaky, bony fingers hovering over "the button", these kids probably weren't even born yet.

And on that note...

*There still seems to be a lot of mythology surrounding this mysterious "button" that ends the world. I'd like to state, for the record, that in many cases there really isn't a single button that does this...at least not that I'm aware of. In reality, it is actually a very complicated and deliberate process that involves many steps, as well as the coordinated effort of many different military personnel, and it does not even end with the final push of a "button". It's actually a switch {two of them}. Kinda like ignition switches that require special keys. These tandem switches must be simultaneously turned by two officers before any ICBMs can be launched. Oh, and this final switch isn't even red....it's black. True story. I've seen it on many occasions.

Klaatu_Nicto #78 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 01:19

Major

• Players
  • 43963 battles
Don't be fooled young people. The 1980's was a good decade. The last good decade.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #79 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 3029 battles

Just another quick update for any players out there that still might be experiencing in-game problems and issues {*ie: unusual lag and ping etc}.

*I will be running a training room on the east server later today, so that I can run a few tests etc. Anyone is welcome. And if you experience any problems while playing, please let me know right away.

~Cheers!

PrinzEugen85 #80 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 15:23

Captain

• Players
  • 31525 battles
  • [CANIS] CANIS

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 15 2017 - 01:19, said:

Don't be fooled young people. The 1980's was a good decade. The last good decade.

Hear hear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users