Russian Bias: Tinfoil, or Truth?

russia bias rng op

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Russian Bias, is it Tinfoil or Truth? (128 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is Russian Bias Real?

1. Russian Bias is Truth. (90 votes [70.31%])

Percentage of vote: 70.31%

2. Russian Bias is a Tinfoil excuse for weird RNG and crap players. (38 votes [29.69%])

Percentage of vote: 29.69%

Vote Hide poll

Sturmgeschut #41 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 23:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8229 battles

It's a Russian game for Russian people.

They essentially made chimp food for chimps that is edible for normal people.

AleksMAN1 #42 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2927 battles
At us on RU plays 130000 players (10 servers) at you on USA 23000 2 servers now. 

AleksMAN1 #43 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2927 battles
At you is pt the 8th level of Sweden on sale, and at us is not present))) 

First-Ever Premium HydrauliFirst-Ever Premium Hydraulic Tank Destroyer: Strv S1c Tank Destroyer: Strv S1

AleksMAN1 #44 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2927 battles
All good night!

silly_old_bear #45 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4737 battles

I just rechecked my facts. 

In 2013, Putin pushed through a law that made it a serious criminal offense to say or communicate in any way,  demeaning  or derogatory facts or statements, no matter how truthful or valid, about the Great Patriotic War. All commentary, in any form of media, must show all Russian actions and the Russian People as well, as Righteous or Virtuous in all ways. Though filmed before the law was in effect, the movie "Enemy at the Gates" about the wartime Russian sniper Vassili Zaitsev, is supposed to have driven Putin and his supporters into such a rage that Putin attempted to have the movie silenced, before it debuted in Russia or anywhere that Russia had influence in the world. Maybe there is a reason all Russian tanks must be superior to all other tanks and be stronger, while showing the guiding hand of Stalin. A bit of a stretch but there is a similar theme that shows up in WT and now in AW, since both of them have strong Russian backing.

Belarus has strong political ties with Mother Russia, strongly enforced by Russia, in a way that is similar to the areas of the Eastern Ukraine. For one reason, among many, more than half of Russia's Military equipment was in Belarus at the time of the split up the Soviet Union.

AleksMAN1 #46 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2927 battles
Вы нас во всех фильмах показываете дурачками и алкашами , которые кроме как пить не чего не умеют!!!! Есть пословица - В чужом глазу видеть соринку, в своём бревна не замечать! -You show us in all movies little fools and drunks who except how to drink not what are not able!!!! There is a proverb - See the mote in the brother's eye but not see the beam in the own!

AleksMAN1 #47 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2927 battles
Who forbade this movie!!!

Halonut24 #48 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6006 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

View PostAleksMAN1, on Mar 22 2017 - 16:47, said:

Who forbade this movie!!!

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't follow. What exactly are you going on about?

Motok0 #49 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 11244 battles
yes the russian tanks are the best in teh game 

deathsheads #50 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19797 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D

SO here is the thing.there once was soviet bias, if only because of a MASSIVE series of unfortunate cicrumstances and design choices that cumulatively gave that impression, but now today it only exists in the realm of top tier medium (and maybe soon scout...) balance.

Long ago, in a client version long forgotten in history, when only the Ruskies and Wehraboos fought it out

In a time when tanks warped around, meaning you COULD NOT snipe at range because the engine LITERALLY required autoaim because the tanks warped around till they got closer (hence the small city maps...)

When there were no consumables, not even repair kits, med kits OR FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, you get racked, tough cookies.

When soviet tanks being much smaller wouldn't be spotted until they had already fired due to even WORSE camo system than today where size was more heavily weighted into calculations.

When german tanks got set on fire from front because transmission equals engine fire...and since lower plate WAS transmission...AND the weakspot...well you can imagine how that went.

In a time when a bug caused the Tiger 1 H to have 10% module health, and thus literally BREAK if it got hit by something and then set on fire and then burn to near death due to LACK OF CONSUMABLES

When there were no tier 10s besides the IS7 and Maus, and the Maus had a model error that meant if the mudguards on the FRONT of the tank got penned the tank took damage (40mm of armor btw...on a maus...this is why it had 3600 hp for a time)

When the IS4 had 9 degrees of gun depression and the IS7 gun, got to fight against the Ausf Bacon (it burned A LOT) with thinner sides, smaller engine, and lower top speed

When german mantlets had a bug which made them LITERALLY 0 armor holes where shells could do damage AND break the gun (no fixing gun)

When the ferdi shot slower than now, had smaller engine, could only go 20 not 30, and had worse camo than now versus the ISU152 we have in game now

When the panther 1 had the Panther 2 turret and fought the T44

When Panther 2 had to fight T54 which had bugged hitbox giving it IS4 level armor...and better mobility than it has today, versus tanks without gold rounds and with lower average pen guns than today...

When the KV was just the KV, the KV1 and KV2 were both tier 5s...so yeah 152mm at TIER 5...(I used 107 frankly, more reliable and faster ttk)

When the VK3601H fought KV3s at tier 6...(yep...122mm KV3 versus L56 Vk.  Till people gold spammed 75mm konisch till they nerfed it)

When arty stopped at tier 5 hummel for germans, and tier 6 for soviets...but the tier 6 SU-14 or S51 could 2 shot tier 10s 95/100 times....and the HE went MUCH MUCH MUCH faster such that arty LITERALLY hit or high splashed 90% of time if the player was good.  (Seriously I miss these days, counterbattery was an AMAZING skill and watching high level arty play a true snipers duel was amazing.  Do I shoot tanks or kill the enemy arty?  If he knows where I am I WILL die if I fire, do I move to odd location?  You had to move after every shot to avoid being hunted.  Hummel was fast enough to dodge but did less damage, the soviets did huge damage but were much more likely to be countered, a good rock paper scissors balance.  I am quite sad what arty has now become, they kept the annoyance and lost the few good aspects)

But worst of all...

WHEN THERE WAS a fricken +-4 MM that meant tier 5s had to fight tier 9s...the german tanks went for DPM and rof instead of Pen and Alpha, the soviets went for Pen and Alpha.  KV at tier 5 could fight against tier 7s, 8s and could hold its own damage wise on tier 9 flanks....but the Darth Vader Pz4 was absolutely screwed.  Gold rounds were ACTUALLY gold rounds then, and as such you couldn't just spam APCR like now, what pen you had you had.  JP4 with 88 or long 75 versus IS3s, IS4s, IS7s, and the WARPING made it so you couldnt even try to outsnipe them...it was horror to be low tier.  Every second you were one second removed from death. 

Halonut24 #51 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 00:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6006 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
I have only heard stories of these times.
And they did seem a bit gracious with the bugs on the soviet tanks, didn't they?

Gang_Starr #52 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 01:16

Major

• Players
  • 13451 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

no there is no such thing as "russian bias"

T-10 is the best tank in the entire russian tech tree, and there are tons of tanks in other nations that are better than it. IS-7 and IS-4 are garbage compared to other tier 10 heavies, Obj 268 is garbage, Obj 263 is situational and otherwise easily farmable, the mediums are well rounded tanks - nowhere near "OP"

deathsheads #53 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 01:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19797 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D

View PostHalonut24, on Mar 23 2017 - 00:57, said:

I have only heard stories of these times.
And they did seem a bit gracious with the bugs on the soviet tanks, didn't they?

Yes and no on the bias bug fixes.

Back then their coders weren't as good, so when I say the Maus had a bug I mean the MAUS SOMEWHERE in it's code had a bug.  Same with the tiger, those fixes would take lengthy amounts of time to fix.  (Iirc they just remade the Maus rather than try to fix it). 

The fire mechanics, the camo mechanics, were simply unavoidable byproducts of the game engine.  Smaller is more sneaky, helped scouts and TDs but also made T44 and high tier Soviet heavies ghosts compared to German mobile barns.  Transmission knockout engine in real life, but at that time there were limitations on each tank for unique hitboxes so they just made engine and transmission one, and fire chances to any part were considered equal.  (Tanks hitboxes had MUCH less details than now in general, much less intensive on computers this way, less collision calculations per impact.  Look at old ones especially Soviet roofs, they have changed SOO much over the years.  US turrets also got pen able one update due to hotbox changes, they went from LITERALLY unkillable to their current awesome turrets of today overnight)

Like people complain about this games lack of progress compared to years ago, but they went faster because the game was SOOO much less polished.  

PlaidPony #54 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 13:07

Major

• Players
  • 9430 battles

View Postdeathsheads, on Mar 22 2017 - 23:50, said:

SO here is the thing.there once was soviet bias, if only because of a MASSIVE series of unfortunate cicrumstances and design choices that cumulatively gave that impression, but now today it only exists in the realm of top tier medium (and maybe soon scout...) balance.

Long ago, in a client version long forgotten in history, when only the Ruskies and Wehraboos fought it out

In a time when tanks warped around, meaning you COULD NOT snipe at range because the engine LITERALLY required autoaim because the tanks warped around till they got closer (hence the small city maps...)

When there were no consumables, not even repair kits, med kits OR FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, you get racked, tough cookies.

When soviet tanks being much smaller wouldn't be spotted until they had already fired due to even WORSE camo system than today where size was more heavily weighted into calculations.

When german tanks got set on fire from front because transmission equals engine fire...and since lower plate WAS transmission...AND the weakspot...well you can imagine how that went.

In a time when a bug caused the Tiger 1 H to have 10% module health, and thus literally BREAK if it got hit by something and then set on fire and then burn to near death due to LACK OF CONSUMABLES

When there were no tier 10s besides the IS7 and Maus, and the Maus had a model error that meant if the mudguards on the FRONT of the tank got penned the tank took damage (40mm of armor btw...on a maus...this is why it had 3600 hp for a time)

When the IS4 had 9 degrees of gun depression and the IS7 gun, got to fight against the Ausf Bacon (it burned A LOT) with thinner sides, smaller engine, and lower top speed

When german mantlets had a bug which made them LITERALLY 0 armor holes where shells could do damage AND break the gun (no fixing gun)

When the ferdi shot slower than now, had smaller engine, could only go 20 not 30, and had worse camo than now versus the ISU152 we have in game now

When Panther 2 had to fight T54 which had bugged hitbox giving it IS4 level armor...and better mobility than it has today, versus tanks without gold rounds and with lower average pen guns than today...

When the KV was just the KV, the KV1 and KV2 were both tier 5s...so yeah 152mm at TIER 5...(I used 107 frankly, more reliable and faster ttk)

When the VK3601H fought KV3s at tier 6...(yep...122mm KV3 versus L56 Vk.  Till people gold spammed 75mm konisch till they nerfed it)

When arty stopped at tier 5 hummel for germans, and tier 6 for soviets...but the tier 6 SU-14 or S51 could 2 shot tier 10s 95/100 times....and the HE went MUCH MUCH MUCH faster such that arty LITERALLY hit or high splashed 90% of time if the player was good.  (Seriously I miss these days, counterbattery was an AMAZING skill and watching high level arty play a true snipers duel was amazing.  Do I shoot tanks or kill the enemy arty?  If he knows where I am I WILL die if I fire, do I move to odd location?  You had to move after every shot to avoid being hunted.  Hummel was fast enough to dodge but did less damage, the soviets did huge damage but were much more likely to be countered, a good rock paper scissors balance.  I am quite sad what arty has now become, they kept the annoyance and lost the few good aspects)

But worst of all...

WHEN THERE WAS a fricken +-4 MM that meant tier 5s had to fight tier 9s...the german tanks went for DPM and rof instead of Pen and Alpha, the soviets went for Pen and Alpha.  KV at tier 5 could fight against tier 7s, 8s and could hold its own damage wise on tier 9 flanks....but the Darth Vader Pz4 was absolutely screwed.  Gold rounds were ACTUALLY gold rounds then, and as such you couldn't just spam APCR like now, what pen you had you had.  JP4 with 88 or long 75 versus IS3s, IS4s, IS7s, and the WARPING made it so you couldnt even try to outsnipe them...it was horror to be low tier.  Every second you were one second removed from death. 

You just made me feel so nostalgic.

deathsheads #55 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 15:20

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19797 battles
  • [11A_D] 11A_D
I know, the game has come a ways hasn't it?

CapPhrases #56 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 16:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6074 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View Postdeathsheads, on Mar 22 2017 - 18:50, said:

But worst of all...

wow. people who stuck around since then are super determined to play tanks.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #57 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 16:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 15103 battles
  • [POET] POET

I don't blame them.  Game is fun.

I only feel like a few German tanks are not up to par but overally I think the nations are balanced with Russian tanks being sort of like Ryu in Street Fighter.  The best players will use him but so will the worst, and overall he's the easiest to learn.  I personally think that German tanks are just as good but not as intuitive, and if the Russians have the best mediums then the Germans definitely have the best heavies.

JA_Pinkerton #58 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 29595 battles

View PostHalonut24, on Mar 22 2017 - 15:25, said:

I guess I'm just in a Russian mood, but I want to know from you, do you think that Russian Bias is a real thing? Is it a joke? An excuse for bad gameplay?

You decide. Feel free to discuss in the comments.

You don't state what you mean by Russian Bias so we have to guess or supply our own definition.  It can me several things :

1- Russian tanks see favouritism when it comes to buffs and nerfs.  For instance, it took years before the KV-1S was nerfed.  But then, it also took years for the WTF100 to be removed.  And if you look at the current "meta" for CW tanks, there's the T-54 lwt, IS-3 and 252 at tier VIII and at tier X the the 140 seems to have fallen out of favour.

2- Russian tanks see favouritism in the RNG.  This one is laughable.  No one has ever provided statistical analysis to back up this claim.  Until someone does, those that claim it should continue chewing on their tinfoil.

Edited by JA_Pinkerton, Mar 24 2017 - 17:04.

Halonut24 #59 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 17:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6006 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

I guess what I mean by "Russian Bias" is the notion of Russian Vehicles being overall superior in any category, for whatever reason. RNG, armor, guns, etc..(RNG probably the most though) They just have some nutty RNG, and some of the explainations are along the lines of Russian Bias. Case in point: the KV-2 and ISU-152 w/ BL-10.

Both are hillariously fun tanks with horrid gun-handling, but we see them sometimes slaughtering people in matches and making impossible shots, and we see few others do so. What other non-arty tier 6 has a 152mm howitzer? That thing can actually hold it's own in tier X. I suppose that those events are a little inflated due to the guns stats, and when a shot defies the stats, it's crazy. 

Like the "Hand of Stalin" and "Sacrificing political dissidents to the Gulags to let your shots hit." That kind of stuff. 

The definitions you supplied make sense, but are more serious than what I normally think of it as.

XHeadshotfreakx #60 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 19:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 359 battles
I think why people say its bias is due to how the armor is well sloped with good thickness (not all) at the low to mid tiers and a new player that has little understanding of armor mechanics starts to believe that a bias is present and instead of trying to learn the armor mechanics he/she switches to the Russian tech tree which interns new players running into more russian tanks and the idea of the bias cycles. I don't believe a bias is there but I have a understanding on why people see it that way.        

Also tagged with russia, bias, rng, op

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users