• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Willster419 #21 Posted Apr 07 2017 - 02:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postdabeave92, on Apr 06 2017 - 01:18, said:

I watched your videos and was intrigued by the product (and miss OMC!) so I downloaded the file.  Upon completion of the download, my AV software alerted me to malware being detected in the download (which I downloaded from the GitHub link in your original post above).  It detected Trojan: Win32/Spursint.F!cl.  As an IT professional, I can't in good conscious install it at this time...

** Update **

Another member of my clan also attempted to download it today.  He uses a different AV software package than I do and his reported the same error.  I'm not sure if this is because the .exe file was hacked on the source or if it's just a part of the code as built.  Hoping Willster419 can check it out...

Having done work at an IT company before, and had run-ins with viruses in the past, I can 100% understand your concern. I have been contacted by other people as well that their antivirus applications have given false positives for the application (Avast and Norton). That is why I have provided the virustotal scan. I assume you are using Windows Defender, and your clanmate is using one of the two I listed? I have Windows Defender on my laptop and Kaspersky on my PC, and neither picked up any virus problems. My guess for why it does not trigger my Windows Defender is because it knows that visual studio is installed, and has been configured for it.

After looking at the analysis of what the Win32/Spursint is, I am not surprised that this application has triggered antivirus applications. This is because:

1. The application is new and is not in any antiviruses database.

2. The application downloads zip files from the internet. 

3. The application downloads and runs a seperate exe file for installing damage log fonts.

4. The application uses a batch script for updating itself.

5. The application extracts and uses external application dll libraries for json config file patching and zip file handling.

Looking at the detection cases for that above trojan type:

"This threat can do one or all of the following:

• Download and install..."

My application downloads and installs mods for WoT, so I can see the relation, and reason for false positive.

It is not just this application that gets false positives though. For example, a downloader I use, called "free download manager" has sometimes been flagged by security essentials, but the application is harmless:

I also host my code on github so you can see exactly what the code does. I can't be much more transparent than that.

I really hope this explanation has helped you ease you mind about it :). The best thing I can tell you is to whitelist it, and report to the antivirus software (as well as it's publisher) you use that it is not a virus. Hopefully eventually they will investigate my application and add it in their databases as safe. Also if you are still concerned, you could open it an a VM and monitor what it does.

If you have any other questions about it, just ask.

Edited by Willster419, Apr 07 2017 - 03:33.

Willster419 #22 Posted Apr 07 2017 - 02:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postjoel9507, on Apr 06 2017 - 18:57, said:

Looking forward to the OMC line being carried forward!  Thanks for taking this on.

It is good you are not including or facilitating any illegal mods.  The 'hax' part of the name seems to give people a different impression.

My recommendation would be to consider renaming the project. 

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to name it Relhax because of the joke that withen the RELIC gaming community that we always get accused of having "Relhax". It seemed funny at the time, but I can see how it can be easily overlooked and thought to be a hack or illegal mod. I have given it thought, and might have to rename it. Probably just Willster419's modpack or Willster's modpack. Or OMC2.0 or OMC#

Bavor #23 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 27258 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 22 2017 - 21:35, said:

I refuse to be a cheater...no thanks.

Flayologist #24 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 02:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 29949 battles

Will Error on installation:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\Clifton\Downloads\RelHaxUserConfigs\lastInstalledConfig.xml'.
File name: 'G:\Clifton\Downloads\RelHaxUserConfigs\lastInstalledConfig.xml'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at RelhaxModpack.ModSelectionList.loadConfig(loadConfigMode loadMode)
   at RelhaxModpack.ModSelectionList.ModSelectionList_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RelhaxModpack
    Assembly Version: 0.21.4.3
    Win32 Version: 0.21.4.3
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Clifton/Downloads/RelhaxModpack.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

nuclearguy931 #25 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 67117 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

Thanks for continuing on the OMC modpack in an alternate version.

Is there the possibility that the WoT Tweaker mod will be making an appearance in your pack in the near future?

rockinro11 #26 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 09:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 27563 battles
  • [1_DIV] 1_DIV
is there any way to import my OMC mod pack selections?  I'm not having very good luck finding them myself.  the auto equip feature (the one that doesn't require XVM) for one and the magenta cross hair mod with server side reticle.  For the users hit the update button often it updates from within the mod (great change thank you Willister!) And finally thank you for accepting this huge responsibility,  I know we all appreciate it.

Edited by rockinro11, Apr 16 2017 - 09:10.

Willster419 #27 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostFlayologist, on Apr 14 2017 - 01:02, said:

Will Error on installation:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\Clifton\Downloads\RelHaxUserConfigs\lastInstalledConfig.xml'.
File name: 'G:\Clifton\Downloads\RelHaxUserConfigs\lastInstalledConfig.xml'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at RelhaxModpack.ModSelectionList.loadConfig(loadConfigMode loadMode)
   at RelhaxModpack.ModSelectionList.ModSelectionList_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
RelhaxModpack
    Assembly Version: 0.21.4.3
    Win32 Version: 0.21.4.3
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Clifton/Downloads/RelhaxModpack.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

THANK YOU for providing the entire exception message rather than just saying there's an error. This is a huge help for me to figure out what the problem is.

I added the bug into the bug tracker spreadsheet. I encourage you (and everyone else) to use this as it will have the latest updates and statuses. https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I believe I have fixed the problem in the latest update. If it did not fix it, please let me know. If you would like a detailed report of the problem and solution, let me know.

View Postnuclearguy931, on Apr 14 2017 - 18:16, said:

Is there the possibility that the WoT Tweaker mod will be making an appearance in your pack in the near future?

While the UI may look different, it conceptually is a copy of OMC, with enhancements and improvements.

I have never heard of the WoT Tweaker mod, I will need to look into it. But if it's like any other mod where you just extract into the game and run it should not be a problem. I don't want to sound lazy but have a lot of work already, could you link to the exact form post with it? So i know I would be adding the latest one. I encourage you to add it to the bug feature tracker spreadsheet

View Postrockinro11, on Apr 16 2017 - 08:07, said:

is there any way to import my OMC mod pack selections?  I'm not having very good luck finding them myself.  the auto equip feature (the one that doesn't require XVM) for one and the magenta cross hair mod with server side reticle.  For the users hit the update button often it updates from within the mod (great change thank you Willister!) And finally thank you for accepting this huge responsibility,  I know we all appreciate it.

Unfortuantly, there is no way to "import" the omc settings. Not only is the database structure different, but I am still working as fast as I can to get as many mods as possible transferred from OMC to Relhax. I know right now that the auto equip feature is not in there, the only one that is in there is from xvm. I can add it no problem (link where it is). I encourage you to use the bug feature tracker spreadsheet so I can keep track of everything. 

I will do my best to get these added as soon as possible, but it will take some time. OMC had a team of about 10-15 people. Only 1 of them has volunteered for Relhax, and I have 1 other active volunteer. Current priority list is:

Fix bugs in application as they arise.

Fix/update bugs in mods/configs as they arise.

Add new mods/configs.

Thank you all for the positive comments!! :)

Edited by Willster419, Apr 16 2017 - 17:37.

nuclearguy931 #28 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 17:59

Major

• Players
  • 67117 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Postnuclearguy931, on Apr 14 2017 - 13:16, said:

Thanks for your response below.

WoT Tweaker has been a mod in the OMC mod pack for some time. It allows for the removal of muzzle flash, smoke and effects from explosions, flames from burning tanks and the removal of the clouds with a few other options as well. This is all done to help with the FPS for computers and usually increases the players rate by about 20% when using it. 

View PostWillster419, on Apr 16 2017 - 11:37, said

I have never heard of the WoT Tweaker mod, I will need to look into it. But if it's like any other mod where you just extract into the game and run it should not be a problem. I don't want to sound lazy but have a lot of work already, could you link to the exact form post with it? So i know I would be adding the latest one. I encourage you to add it to the bug feature tracker spreadsheet

Willster419 #29 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 18:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Just so people know (i have gotten bug reports for this)

If you are using safeshot and can't lead targets, "safe shot mod will not let you lead tanks or shoot them unless it is clear that pen will happen".

This is because you have the setting "block wasted shots" enabled. Disable it and you are good to go :)

Willster419 #30 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 03:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Ingame rating calculation mod has been updated and fixed.

XFT's hitlog config (split only) has been fixed.

MLG mod (consumables part) has been fixed

bug of overwriting localization (forcing English text) has been fixed

Currently working on:

"Black Screen" bug.

Updating YasenCrasen garage stats mod

Adding dead white tanks mod

Willster419 #31 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 15:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Hello everyone,
Some of you may already know, there is a bug in the modpack somewhere that is causing black screens and clients not loading. If this happens to you, please post your python.log file and your config preference file, with your RelHaxLog.txt. So far, the issue looks to be:
Bones XVM config.
However, XVM itself and the sixth sense mod are being looked at as well.
Willster419

Edit 1: after further investigation, it looks like it is something with the config builder tab. In theory, you should be able to install the default XVM config, or any pre built config, and you should be fine. If not, then it is a problem somewhere in the extraction of XVM. Will keep this updated

Edit 2: after some experimenting done and submitted to me by an anonymous user (maybe username Erstel)? I have successfully replicated the "black screen" bug. Expect a fix soon! Thank you to this user!

Edited by Willster419, Apr 18 2017 - 00:11.

Willster419 #32 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 02:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Version 21.6.1:
- Fixed the black screen bug issue. Hooray!
- Fixed a bug where the UI would not re-enable if the user declined to confirm to uninstall
- Fixed a bug where when the German language was selected, the window size text in the mod selection window would be cut off
- Fixed a bug where if you have a large font for the title bar, the buttons in the mod selection list get cut off

Pilgrim3 #33 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 05:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21805 battles

View PostI_Like_Tuwtles, on Mar 23 2017 - 16:33, said:

Here's a tip. Stop using mods altogether. :)

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty.

Captain_Guinea #34 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 13:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20590 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
Willster, is the new version 21.6.1 compatible with the new patch 9.18 today?

Willster419 #35 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 14:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 14286 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Not yet. Like OMC, need to manually test each mod for compatibility and update them if need be. I forgot to disable the modpack last night.

Will start that after work today.

Will keep this updated.

Pilgrim3 #36 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21805 battles
I have downloaded the file and the folder shows as RelhaxModpack-Master. 
My win 10 PC asks what to open RelicModManager with and what to open README.md with.
It seems I cannot even get started.

Edited by Pilgrim3, Apr 18 2017 - 22:09.

smooth22 #37 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:08

Private

• Players
  • 14039 battles
Hi, I just downloaded the mod pack and it seems I'm having the "Black Screen of Death" bug. Any idea on what to do next?

Xx_Klytonierthos_xX #38 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 03:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 37 battles
  • [TRON] TRON

View Postsmooth22, on Apr 19 2017 - 01:08, said:

Hi, I just downloaded the mod pack and it seems I'm having the "Black Screen of Death" bug. Any idea on what to do next?

you will need to wait for the 9,18 rrelease

TimiBoy #39 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 04:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39183 battles
  • [PIGZ] PIGZ

Yup.

I haven't the skills to provide you with code, but I'm still blackscreening with any and all setups.

Thankyou for your efforts, I'm sure you'll get there. Once you get it right I'll donate ;)

TimiBoy #40 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 04:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39183 battles
  • [PIGZ] PIGZ

View PostTimiBoy, on Apr 19 2017 - 13:47, said:

Yup.

I haven't the skills to provide you with code, but I'm still blackscreening with any and all setups.

Thankyou for your efforts, I'm sure you'll get there. Once you get it right I'll donate ;)

OK, since I posted I've done some more fiddling, and it now runs as long as I don't use YOUR XVM setup. Jimbo's works :)

Also tagged with Modpack, XVM, Mods, Installer, Preview, Relhax, OMC, 0.9.18

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users