700 replies to this topic

SoTrue #661 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 07:45

Major

• Players
  • 33309 battles
  • [ATTOP] ATTOP

View PostMaster_Beater, on Apr 11 2017 - 21:20, said:

TodSoldat is irrelevant.

Preach! (Well, at least his posts on this topic are irrelevant..)

TodSoldat #662 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 12:33

Major

• Players
  • 50456 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostMaster_Beater, on Apr 12 2017 - 00:17, said:

Again, you are not relevant to the discussion at hand regarding original owners of the M6A2E1. Nothing you have to say has any weight to what a group of us are saying. You are just a FAILED troll who keeps s***posting. And no you never had the original M62AE1. The Players who purchased the M6A2E1 bundle at the release of the game have gone through an iteration of the tank. The more you try and talk trash, the more you make everything I say relevant. You are irrelevant to the conversation. Furthermore, I'm not your bud. I blacklisted you years ago for Team Damage. My "Dealing" with it is non of your business.

View PostMaster_Beater, on Apr 12 2017 - 00:20, said:

TodSoldat is irrelevant.

Look, bud, I get that you're an emotional wreck over pixels but that's no excuse to break forum rules multiple times

Xpedience #663 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 12:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47426 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

I bought the Mutant pre-release. I bought it to support the game. When I bought it nobody had ever heard of wargaming, but after played closed and open beta I loved the game and wanted to give them all the help I could to make it. They weren't EA or Sony, and frankly were taking a risk bringing this to the US. The game had done fairly well in Russia at that point, and when I joined in CBT it was still only 2 nations (Maus vs IS7 over and over and over and over..) I didn't buy the Mutant to have a special tank, I bought it to help the company get a leg up and to support them. That being said it was nice to get a t8 premium when it was the only one, and it was awhile before the Lowe came along to add an alternative. When the packages were presented, it was presented as an exclusive "You support us and help us get rolling, and we will remember you for helping us get here by giving you and exclusive that tells others that you were there from the start!" thats not a quote, but it was what the devs made you feel. There were constant reminders of how much time was left to buy a package.. this was also when devs still played the game and you could actually get to know them by name. I was happy I could help, I was proud that I was a "Founder" of the game here in NA.. and I loved playing my Mutant and people ohhh'ing and ahh'ing over it.. till everyone figured out the weak points and then it wasn't so fun anymore. 

So yes, I am a little put out over them putting it up for sale again. I am not going to quit playing or paying for my premium or stop playing my M6.. but it is a bitter little stab that after supporting them with gold purchases, monthly premium payments and 20 or so premium tank purchases over the last 6 years that I got kicked in the teeth and that the community that I helped to build just laughs and says I was stupid for ever trusting them in the first place, while wargaming sits and laughs at us with them. It isn't going to stop me from playing, but I now know where I stand with wargaming as a customer, their customer support people must have trained at the same place United Airlines customer support people did.

I bought a pre-release package for World of Warships as well.. but in that case it was made clear the ship would be exclusive for 1 year only, and after that it was up for grabs. Got a beta only battle ship thats unique still.. (For this week anyway) Warships didn't take off like Tanks did, so while I got my money out of warships, it has been a bit of a wash. I played beta and bought a pre-order deal with Armored Warfare.. it has petered off now.. thats a loss. I bought a pre-order for warthudder.. it has now gone off in some weird direction as well.. thats a loss.. I don't consider World of tanks to be a loss.. I still love the game 6 years later.. thats another reason this sucks.. I wouldn't have been as dissapointed if Armored warfare stabbed me, and let not get started on the $1K+ I have into Star Citizen at this point for a game that may or may not ever even release! lol.

I hope Wargaming will come through and make this right in some way.. at least make an effort to try something

TodSoldat #664 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 13:14

Major

• Players
  • 50456 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostXpedience, on Apr 12 2017 - 06:49, said:

I bought the Mutant pre-release. I bought it to support the game. When I bought it nobody had ever heard of wargaming, but after played closed and open beta I loved the game and wanted to give them all the help I could to make it. They weren't EA or Sony, and frankly were taking a risk bringing this to the US. The game had done fairly well in Russia at that point, and when I joined in CBT it was still only 2 nations (Maus vs IS7 over and over and over and over..) I didn't buy the Mutant to have a special tank, I bought it to help the company get a leg up and to support them. That being said it was nice to get a t8 premium when it was the only one, and it was awhile before the Lowe came along to add an alternative. When the packages were presented, it was presented as an exclusive "You support us and help us get rolling, and we will remember you for helping us get here by giving you and exclusive that tells others that you were there from the start!" thats not a quote, but it was what the devs made you feel. There were constant reminders of how much time was left to buy a package.. this was also when devs still played the game and you could actually get to know them by name. I was happy I could help, I was proud that I was a "Founder" of the game here in NA.. and I loved playing my Mutant and people ohhh'ing and ahh'ing over it.. till everyone figured out the weak points and then it wasn't so fun anymore. 

So yes, I am a little put out over them putting it up for sale again. I am not going to quit playing or paying for my premium or stop playing my M6.. but it is a bitter little stab that after supporting them with gold purchases, monthly premium payments and 20 or so premium tank purchases over the last 6 years that I got kicked in the teeth and that the community that I helped to build just laughs and says I was stupid for ever trusting them in the first place, while wargaming sits and laughs at us with them. It isn't going to stop me from playing, but I now know where I stand with wargaming as a customer, their customer support people must have trained at the same place United Airlines customer support people did.

I bought a pre-release package for World of Warships as well.. but in that case it was made clear the ship would be exclusive for 1 year only, and after that it was up for grabs. Got a beta only battle ship thats unique still.. (For this week anyway) Warships didn't take off like Tanks did, so while I got my money out of warships, it has been a bit of a wash. I played beta and bought a pre-order deal with Armored Warfare.. it has petered off now.. thats a loss. I bought a pre-order for warthudder.. it has now gone off in some weird direction as well.. thats a loss.. I don't consider World of tanks to be a loss.. I still love the game 6 years later.. thats another reason this sucks.. I wouldn't have been as dissapointed if Armored warfare stabbed me, and let not get started on the $1K+ I have into Star Citizen at this point for a game that may or may not ever even release! lol.

I hope Wargaming will come through and make this right in some way.. at least make an effort to try something

Very well written. I too got the WoWs pre-order but it wasn't because I was gonna get to play an exclusive ship for a year I did it to support WG. Obviously you put money into these games not only for your enjoyment but to support them, which I suppose could be motivated by your quest for fun it's irrelevant, so I don't see why this should be such an issue for you. Their reasoning could be purely what they said, they wanted to cater to the tank collectors, or maybe they needed a quick 100k. If it were the latter wouldn't not giving them guff also be a way of showing your support of this game? All the negativity, I'm not saying your post is anywhere near what some have been posting but still, it may well stop them from releasing other "rare" packages in the future. If it is a money issue I'd really hate to see the NA servers shut down. While I have no issue playing on the EU server as far as ping goes I find the play style there to be odd and my stats there look nothing like my stats here which also tells me that it's the lack of challenge that makes this NA the better of the two and I do not want to have to play EU in order to get my WoT fix

82nd_19D1P_D3 #665 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 19:48

Captain

• Players
  • 42452 battles
  • [3-73] 3-73

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Apr 12 2017 - 05:05, said:

​Wargaming did not promise us anything of the sort. I bought in fully expecting the original owners would be compensated to grant them a special status. That was a reasonable assumption and it is baffling that it hasn't happened already. I just want to own the tank itself. If I'm not a beta player I have no need or desire for the unique beta tag. Demanding all have the same status regardless of past promises or personal contributions is the stuff of old school communism. Are you really a vet of the American armed forces?

I don't want the "same status of a beta" player on my tank. I just want the tank that was recently sold (which is the same tank that was available during pre-order). Regardless of how you feel about it WG made the decision to re-release the tank again and I like many people took advantage of it. Retroactively downgrading my version so other people can feel "special" is not what about 2,000 people just spent money on.

P.S. You guys seem to be confusing "Beta" players from "Pre-Order" players. Beta players already got a "special" Beta tank: the M4A2E4. Anybody with $100.00 back in early 2011 could Pre-order the Mutant package. Stop acting like Beta testers and people who pre-ordered the game are the same thing. Now if they sold the Beta tank then maybe I would feel bad for you guys. Also, I'm not going to comment on the "vet" remark. If you are the type of person to take a jab at vets you are obviously unworthy of a retort.

82nd_19D1P_D3 #666 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 19:54

Captain

• Players
  • 42452 battles
  • [3-73] 3-73

View Postbikebudha1, on Apr 12 2017 - 06:45, said:

Well you didn't buy it six years ago. You didn't take the risk on an unknown company.  You weren't a beta player.  So yeah, you did buy a 'different' mutant than I did.

That's weird. According to the Wiki it is the same tank:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:A45_M6A2E1

"Originally available as part of the game's Heavy Pre-Order Package, it has reappeared for sale on the 1st of April, 2017. It is an M6 hull with almost doubled front armor plus a prototype (weaker and larger) T29 turret. Thanks to the rather strange looking fusion, this tank has earned the nickname of "mutant"."

:trollface:

BillT #667 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 20:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostTodSoldat, on Apr 12 2017 - 12:14, said:

Their reasoning could be purely what they said, they wanted to cater to the tank collectors, or maybe they needed a quick 100k. If it were the latter wouldn't not giving them guff also be a way of showing your support of this game?

But they could have made a quick $100K without breaking their promise, simply by creating and selling a completely new tank. You know, like they do every month.  It could have been a one day sale of a special "Sherman with Culin hedgerow device" or "rare M-51 Isherman", and all those collectors still would have bought it.  And then *I* would have shown my support by buying one, too. Re-selling the Mutant tank eliminated thousands of potential sales from the start, and guaranteed hard feelings.

View PostTodSoldat, on Apr 12 2017 - 12:14, said:

All the negativity, I'm not saying your post is anywhere near what some have been posting but still, it may well stop them from releasing other "rare" packages in the future. 

I think what will poison future releases of "rare" tanks is that everybody knows they can't trust WG to keep rare tanks *rare*.  

TodSoldat #668 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 50456 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostBillT, on Apr 12 2017 - 14:24, said:

But they could have made a quick $100K without breaking their promise, simply by creating and selling a completely new tank.

I don't see it as them breaking a promise. I can see you don't know a lot about development for tanks, to create a new tank takes money and time (which equates to even more money invested (eg:test servers running)), so it wouldn't generate the same amount of revenue and isn't quite as basic as you'd like to think

BillT #669 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 20:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostTodSoldat, on Apr 12 2017 - 19:31, said:

I don't see it as them breaking a promise.

*They* do, and that's all that matters.

View PostTodSoldat, on Apr 12 2017 - 19:31, said:

. I can see you don't know a lot about development for tanks, to create a new tank takes money and time (which equates to even more money invested (eg:test servers running)), so it wouldn't generate the same amount of revenue and isn't quite as basic as you'd like to think

You have a bad habit of assuming everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.  In fact, I'm thinking a move or two ahead of you in this case. 

Selling premiums *is* core to their business model.. They develop many new tanks every year and sell them, and it's lucrative. Most players agree that's why WG releases premium tanks instead of improving gameplay with new maps or mechanics.  Premium tanks are highly profitable.  At any time they have a pipeline of new tanks in various stages of development.

You're trying to argue that WG is so strapped for cash ("needed a quick 100K") that they couldn't afford to wait a month or so until their next premium tank rolls out of the dev pipeline.  I don't think their finances are that marginal.  But I'll admit this: going back on such a long-term promise does sound like a desperate move by a company that's about to fail. 

So if next week they announce they're going to sell one of the Clan Wars reward tanks, say, the Obj 907, you'll support that, right?  Anything to keep the server running.

Xpedience #670 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47426 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View Post82nd_19D1P_D3, on Apr 12 2017 - 13:48, said:

I don't want the "same status of a beta" player on my tank. I just want the tank that was recently sold (which is the same tank that was available during pre-order). Regardless of how you feel about it WG made the decision to re-release the tank again and I like many people took advantage of it. Retroactively downgrading my version so other people can feel "special" is not what about 2,000 people just spent money on.

P.S. You guys seem to be confusing "Beta" players from "Pre-Order" players. Beta players already got a "special" Beta tank: the M4A2E4. Anybody with $100.00 back in early 2011 could Pre-order the Mutant package. Stop acting like Beta testers and people who pre-ordered the game are the same thing. Now if they sold the Beta tank then maybe I would feel bad for you guys. Also, I'm not going to comment on the "vet" remark. If you are the type of person to take a jab at vets you are obviously unworthy of a retort.

you got beaten up a lot in school, didnt you

Master_Beater #671 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:31

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 43092 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View Post82nd_19D1P_D3, on Apr 12 2017 - 10:54, said:

That's weird. According to the Wiki it is the same tank:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:A45_M6A2E1

"Originally available as part of the game's Heavy Pre-Order Package, it has reappeared for sale on the 1st of April, 2017. It is an M6 hull with almost doubled front armor plus a prototype (weaker and larger) T29 turret. Thanks to the rather strange looking fusion, this tank has earned the nickname of "mutant"."

:trollface:

Notice the 2 different pictures? The thumbnail is how it used to look before the upgrade to the HD and rework of the armor. Different Tanks.

Edited by Master_Beater, Apr 12 2017 - 21:32.

Master_Beater #672 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:33

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 43092 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View Post82nd_19D1P_D3, on Apr 12 2017 - 10:48, said:

UUMMM I didn't get my " Beta players already got a "special" Beta tank: the M4A2E4" and I played over 1000 games. So look another drop the ball by Wargaming.

TodSoldat #673 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 50456 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostBillT, on Apr 12 2017 - 14:56, said:

You have a bad habit of assuming everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant. 

I just have a bad habit of calling a spade a spade and your own words stating how simple and obviously free it is to create a new tank says that you're ignorant on that matter

BillT #674 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 23:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostTodSoldat, on Apr 12 2017 - 21:55, said:

I just have a bad habit of calling a spade a spade

You call *everyone* a spade when you don't like their opinion about WOT.

badmonkey59 #675 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 00:12

Captain

• Players
  • 44023 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

Maybe if we ignore TodSoldat he'll just go away. The forums flooded with his 'opinions'.

Just a suggestion. I think he thrives on the attention. I know I will not address anything else he has to say no matter how much he trolls this, and other threads.

I'll be curious to see how Wargaming finally deals with the original mutant owners. I hope they do something that rewards them for 'betting' on this game. I personally think the least they could do add a special emblem to their mutants that shows they were the original players.

Edited by badmonkey59, Apr 13 2017 - 00:26.

TodSoldat #676 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 00:18

Major

• Players
  • 50456 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostBillT, on Apr 12 2017 - 17:01, said:

You call *everyone* a spade when you don't like their opinion about WOT.

Well you know what they say about people who use blanket statements

BillT #677 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 01:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Postbadmonkey59, on Apr 12 2017 - 23:12, said:

Maybe if we ignore TodSoldat he'll just go away. The forums flooded with his 'opinions

It really helps if you think of him as the Sean Spicer of WOT forums.

TodSoldat #678 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 50456 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostBillT, on Apr 12 2017 - 19:09, said:

It really helps if you think of him as the Sean Spicer of WOT forums.

Just because you're trying to compliment me doesn't mean you can violate forum rules by bringing politics into this

Mezurashi #679 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 03:33

• 4427 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hi guys, let's avoid the personal attacks shall we? Let's get back on topic. 

Thanks.

SpectreHD #680 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 04:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16849 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostMezurashi, on Apr 13 2017 - 10:33, said:

Hi guys, let's avoid the personal attacks shall we? Let's get back on topic. 

Thanks.

What topic? WG can't keep their word or promises?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users