Possum21, on Mar 28 2017 - 12:38, said:
I have no where else to turn so I come to the above average /unicums asking for help. I entered into the Tier 9 1v1 on Thursday. My question is, is there anyone that would be willing to help me with some tactics and armor usage. I understand some tactics but don't know how or when to apply them. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I'm at work right now but will be on later this evening and can hop in a training room.
Even though we're similar in score I guess there is no harm in sharing what I have been told/discovered.
If I find a quick way of getting gud quick, I will post it here.
Until then, here is a few things:
- Find much better players to toon with and ask them to call out you on your mistakes in realtime. If you have noone to ask, PM people and ask after randoms. Some good players will insult, most will ignore, few will help you. Post on the forums just like this but ask for mentoring/coaching which conveys long term goal (as there is no git-gud-qwik). You can also try reddit adopt a tomato thread. You are not one but other non-tomatoes seek help there too.
- I don't think even server's top players can fix you in a session or two in training room but doing the above consistently will help so accept it'll take time and a lot of effort.
- Bookmark tanks.gg website and make it a habit to visit, learn about armor layouts etc.
- Watch streams to learn where to go, where not to go, what to do, what not to do etc. It's again not going to fix you up in a hour or two but by watching and copying good habits (and avoiding bad habits/mistakes which even purples do sometimes and mostly honestly call out in their streams) you'll keep getting better SLOWLY.
- If you are going to do one thing to improve, just grab a big pot of coffee and start watching one of Zeven's game reviews. If you do become hooked at his humble teaching style I guarantee you'll gain 500 WN8 in the next 3 months https://www.youtube..../ZevenNA/videos (90-day money back guarantee).
- Create a new TXT file on your desktop what-just-happened.txt and every time you die, ALT+TAB and with one single line, on a new line, document why you just died. After a session, take a look at the document to see your common mistakes, from your own perspective.
- Stick to a tier/type/vehicle - switching vehicles/tiers all day long is the best way to lose credits/winrate/wn8/happiness.
- Pick your fav. vehicle and try to become GOOD in it. 2K battles in it will help. Someone told me this, I tried with 112 - it works.
If you are happy with tooning with average people, feel free to add me. I always prefer tooning if a mate is available (however you should toon with MUCH better players if you can find em so add me as last resort )