I need help re-downloading, I'm having quite a bit of trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

R1S100 #1 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 19:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8200 battles
  • [LOFN] LOFN

The other day weird things started happening in my game client. The game would randomly freeze up when I clicked on the "Exterior" tab in the game (for adding camos, emblems, etc. to your tanks). It's like the game couldn't handle loading all of the little square pictures of everything, so the game kept on freezing up and then giving me some error reporting message about an error connecting with wineserver. The little pictures would sometimes not load at all, and then other times, the little pictures would all look like little squares of fruit salad, just a jumble of colors that were completely random. Anyway, I decided that enough was enough and tried a clean re-install. I searched through all of the files I knew of on my computer that had to do with World of Tanks, dragged them to the Trash Bin, and deleted them.

I will note here that there is an odd thing that I noticed when I was deleting the World of Tanks icon in my Finder. There was a little black arrow over the WoT emblem, telling me that I had been running the game off of an alias folder of the original from the very beginning? That confused me, since I never made an alias folder for this.

Anyways, I'm here right now trying my best to re-install this awesome game, and everything is going fine up until the point where I actually have to click on my 

R1S100 #2 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 19:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8200 battles
  • [LOFN] LOFN
World of Tanks icon on my toolbar at the bottom of my screen. Then the game pops up with some weird message about "Shutting down all apps," then crashes yet AGAIN. Sorry, screenshots won't load. If you have any questions that I can answer because you cant see the images let me know.

ISNomads #3 Posted Mar 30 2017 - 21:43

Captain

• Players
  • 25657 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
Use dstud's utility to completely uninstall and then do a full, normal reinstall using the wrapper downloaded from the WoT site. If you are on the lastest OS it should work (at least it did for me).

dstud208 #4 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 03:22

Captain

• Players
  • 17741 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
There are some background files that likely got missed in your reinstall. If you download my utility and click "delete game files" then it should get all of them. Double check in your documents after to make sure that there is no WoT folder

dstud208 #5 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 03:42

Captain

• Players
  • 17741 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Link in my sig if you want it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users