T67 and Hellcat

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Zabr0 #21 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 06:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24409 battles
  • [CHLLN] CHLLN

I play mine every day to warm up on amd to stomp.T-67. 1st tank i 3 marked. cheers and 6 crew skills

Edited by Zabr0, Apr 03 2017 - 06:21.

Freddie_Creamer #22 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 06:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11680 battles
  • [RWBY-] RWBY-
I got to my Hellcat through the Wolverine, so I never had the fortune to play the T67. I might pick it up soon. I just wish WG would let the cat have it's claws back. Still love it however and wouldn't give it up for nothing.

alexanderme #23 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 12:27

Major

• Players
  • 22112 battles

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Apr 02 2017 - 22:20, said:

Played T67, with new crews lel, like 9 battles then sold it. So I was thinking of trying the Hellcat that I unlocked via the Wolverine route. 

I wouldn't go into the hellcat until you have at the very least 6th sense fully trained on your crew, so put a crew that you'll move up into the wolverine or t67, train it all the way to 100% on the first crew skill, and then transfer it over. The 76mm gun does OK on the hellcat, but it can be painful until you get the 90mm.

View PostDa_Vinci, on Apr 02 2017 - 23:03, said:

If you're bad in the T67 why not get better?

I had a 42% Wr in my T67 when I played it originally.

Don't give up if you can't use it well. Learn to use it well.

^

Like this guy said, getting better in the T67 will definitely help you in the hellcat, and you can do this while training up 6th sense too.

India2Romeo06 #24 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 00:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25484 battles
Type 64 is what the Hellcat was before it got nerfed.

t6c #25 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 20:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29678 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostIndia2Romeo06, on Apr 04 2017 - 16:43, said:

Type 64 is what the Hellcat was before it got nerfed.

T67 is the pre-nerf Hellcat at one Tier lower.

Sgt_King_Gunner #26 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 22:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22307 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Apr 03 2017 - 03:30, said:

If I am bad at the T67, should I skip the Hellcat?

Per WoTLabs, you only have 9 battles in the T67.  Give it time.

That said, if you see me online, feel free to hit me up in game or come over to our TS (m--m.enjinvoice.com) and I'd be glad to run some training rooms and/or platoons with you.

I played hundreds of bad games in the T67.  Literally hundreds. It's easy to play bad.  But once you get the idea of some features, it is a beast.

I run rammer, binocs and camo net. Crew skills are very important--you want camo.  You want sixth sense.  You need to be able to do as much shooting without being seen as possible.  Learn to spot and pull back behind bushes (if you haven't already).  Accuracy is not great on T67, and without a 100% crew, you can really see that problem get worse. 

I wanted the Hellcat to be the up tiered T67.  It isn't.  I see you went up the American light line.  There is a parallel in my mind with the Chaffee vs. the T37.  Chaffee is about speed and pew pew pew (small damage/rapid fire).  T37 you lose that agility but gain a better gun (or at least until 9.18).  Given that, ask, "what did I like better, Chaffee or T37?" and "why?"

T67 has incredible speed and agility.  You can easily get into spots too far forward and get wrecked.  Hellcat, less so.  That said, T67 can get out of trouble a lot faster than Hellcat.  Hellcat is SLOW on reversing.  

Remember, you are a high priority target.  You have no armor (so everyone can pen you), low HP (so people can kill you) and the gun/vision/mobility that makes people want to kill you.  You need to be very much aware of whether you are likely spotted. Since you likely don't have 6th sense yet, keep in mind that if you see turrets rotating towards you, you were spotted (sounds obvious but I still mess this up sometimes).  A Pz 1c can absolutely wreck you, and good ones know it.  So even lower tier tanks are a threat.  You don't have the accuracy at distance to really pick off weak spots reliably.  So either accept you will fire gold rounds or be ready to just be a spotter in some cases (e.g. angled KV-1, British TD's, etc.).

It's a good tank to learn vision mechanics, placement on the map, scouting, and being a support tank.  All good lessons.

BaconMeLoveIt #27 Posted Apr 08 2017 - 04:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12810 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

View PostSgt_King_Gunner, on Apr 05 2017 - 13:07, said:

Per WoTLabs, you only have 9 battles in the T67.  Give it time.

That said, if you see me online, feel free to hit me up in game or come over to our TS (m--m.enjinvoice.com) and I'd be glad to run some training rooms and/or platoons with you.

I played hundreds of bad games in the T67.  Literally hundreds. It's easy to play bad.  But once you get the idea of some features, it is a beast.

I run rammer, binocs and camo net. Crew skills are very important--you want camo.  You want sixth sense.  You need to be able to do as much shooting without being seen as possible.  Learn to spot and pull back behind bushes (if you haven't already).  Accuracy is not great on T67, and without a 100% crew, you can really see that problem get worse. 

I wanted the Hellcat to be the up tiered T67.  It isn't.  I see you went up the American light line.  There is a parallel in my mind with the Chaffee vs. the T37.  Chaffee is about speed and pew pew pew (small damage/rapid fire).  T37 you lose that agility but gain a better gun (or at least until 9.18).  Given that, ask, "what did I like better, Chaffee or T37?" and "why?"

T67 has incredible speed and agility.  You can easily get into spots too far forward and get wrecked.  Hellcat, less so.  That said, T67 can get out of trouble a lot faster than Hellcat.  Hellcat is SLOW on reversing.  

Remember, you are a high priority target.  You have no armor (so everyone can pen you), low HP (so people can kill you) and the gun/vision/mobility that makes people want to kill you.  You need to be very much aware of whether you are likely spotted. Since you likely don't have 6th sense yet, keep in mind that if you see turrets rotating towards you, you were spotted (sounds obvious but I still mess this up sometimes).  A Pz 1c can absolutely wreck you, and good ones know it.  So even lower tier tanks are a threat.  You don't have the accuracy at distance to really pick off weak spots reliably.  So either accept you will fire gold rounds or be ready to just be a spotter in some cases (e.g. angled KV-1, British TD's, etc.).

It's a good tank to learn vision mechanics, placement on the map, scouting, and being a support tank.  All good lessons.

Between the Chaffee and the T37... I like the T37 more on an organized gameplay than on pub games. The Chaffee is more of a pub tank for me.

Bought the Hellcat and bit the bullet. Now, I am just doing some Hellcat crew training and concentrate on tier-VI vehicles with some occasional credit grinding on tiers -VII (Krupp-Steyr WT and Black Prince) and -VIII (Jgtiger 8.8) premium tanks. Still have to do that TD-15 Triump to finally obtain 20 Commendations for the Stug IV Campaign mission.

I may be doing things incorrectly but I play the Hellcat as the Type 64 (Yes! I play the Type-64 as a TD as weird as it may be; camp, shoot, relocate).

I'll check that TS server at some time.

BaconMeLoveIt #28 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 20:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12810 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

Did not know it was kind of easy to get an Ace Tanker on the Hellcat given the optimal conditions.

rhinotank234 #29 Posted May 04 2017 - 00:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19119 battles
Play more game in t 67.It is an OP tank. You will learn how to play paper thin turreted TDs.

Ironclad73 #30 Posted May 04 2017 - 01:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 17776 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Apr 02 2017 - 19:20, said:

Played T67, with new crews lel, like 9 battles then sold it. So I was thinking of trying the Hellcat that I unlocked via the Wolverine route. 

I do much better with the Wolverine than the T67, the Wolverine is my go to tank when things are going bad and I need some wins, but it is not as fun to play as the T67 is when things are going your way.

Jackson is another very fun tank.  Never played the Hellcat.

AZandEL #31 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24119 battles

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Apr 03 2017 - 03:48, said:

NOPE... Type 64 is what the Hellcat should have been... 

or like the Hellcat was a half a dozen nerfs ago. remember that? When it could reverse? Wild.

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #32 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:48

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostAZandEL, on Aug 07 2017 - 22:07, said:

or like the Hellcat was a half a dozen nerfs ago. remember that? When it could reverse? Wild.

It's not even the reverse speed man, it's just so indifferent from the Jackson, like yeah it has speed... woooooo

If it was forced to stay in the stock configuration it would be totally different from Jackson and make it relevant to own both for different tactical situations...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users