Soo how does exp work plz explain this one for me..

exp

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

gatorken #21 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 16:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 69120 battles
  • [FATEX] FATEX
He could have tracked something that got shot but he did not damage which would also lead to more exp.

Hurk #22 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 45617 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
each tank you touch, even if you dont do damage, gives a small single flat bonus to your exp for the match. he fired 8 times, did not manage any crits or damage, but may have landed shells close enough to do module damage without breaking anything (that was close message played) if he did that to more tanks than you, it means more flat bonuses than you, and makes sense. your damage is low enough that the flat bonuses carry him over your total. 

Pipinghot #23 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostFluffy_Kittens, on Apr 03 2017 - 10:14, said:

spotting is not always about "spotting damage"

it is about being in LOS of tanks when they take damage.

hence a TD who  gets high caliber will place on the mid range of team exp if they chai snipe all game

Just to help clarify what you're saying. there are two kinds of spotting.

1) Enemy vehicles spotted - that means you were the very first person on your team to spot the enemy tank for that battle, which means the absolute highest number of "Enemy vehicles spotted" that a person can earn is 15 because each enemy vehicle only gets counted once in this category. Each enemy vehicle that you spot in this category gives you a tiny bit of XP & credits. This is usually called "getting spots".

2) Damage caused with the player's assistance - if you are spotting for another player at the moment they do damage, then you get 50% of the XP and credits for the damage that they did. This is your example of TD's getting less XP/credits if other people are spotting for them. This is usually called "spotting".

Only one arty in this thread got any spots, and neither of them did any spotting (neither one got any "Damage caused with the player's assistance").

Pipinghot #24 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postgatorken, on Apr 03 2017 - 10:30, said:

He could have tracked something that got shot but he did not damage which would also lead to more exp.

You're not looking at the screen shots. The Sexton did not get any "Damage caused with your assistance".

Pipinghot #25 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 17:18

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Apr 03 2017 - 09:12, said:

The Sexton would get more base XP than you anyway because Premiums tanks get more base XP and much more Crew XP as well...
I'm 99% certain this is not correct. The bonuses for premium vehicles do not show up on these screen shots, the only show the true "Base" XP before any modifiers, like premium vehicles. If we saw screenshots of the other tabs for the Sexton they would show the bonuses for the premium vehicle.

Pipinghot #26 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostHurk, on Apr 03 2017 - 10:46, said:

each tank you touch, even if you dont do damage, gives a small single flat bonus to your exp for the match. he fired 8 times, did not manage any crits or damage, but may have landed shells close enough to do module damage without breaking anything (that was close message played) if he did that to more tanks than you, it means more flat bonuses than you, and makes sense. your damage is low enough that the flat bonuses carry him over your total. 

This is my suspicion too.

The screen shots for the individual tanks do not tell us if he did any module damage. It's entirely possible for arty to have 0 hits, 0 pens, and still do damage to modules from HE splash. At this tier the most likely module for him to have damaged would be tracks, but it would be helpful to see screen shots of the other two tabs for each vehicle.

spud_tuber #27 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 41728 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Apr 03 2017 - 10:18, said:

I'm 99% certain this is not correct. The bonuses for premium vehicles do not show up on these screen shots, the only show the true "Base" XP before any modifiers, like premium vehicles. If we saw screenshots of the other tabs for the Sexton they would show the bonuses for the premium vehicle.

Additionally, the sexton in question is the tech tree one, not the premium. (II vs I)

Although it is true some low tier premiums get a built in higher base XP, see my earlier comments on Churchill 3 as an example.

Hurk #28 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 45617 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
the church 3 predates the change to flat tier bonuses for exp... all premium tanks past a certian point do not have an innate bonus, rather its a fixed percent per tier as listed on the award tab at the battle end. the sexton I came in after that date. 

Gomez_Adams #29 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 17:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostSoLiDSoNiC, on Apr 03 2017 - 09:53, said:

if he got more exp for firing more, there would be more bots just spamming the fire button.

There are. Why do you think bot accounts have 8% hit rates over thousands of shots fired?

You're also overlooking the fact that he took more hits than you did. You get XP for the damage you can take and survive as well. He survived, you didn't. It's 23 freaking points. Stop crying.

spud_tuber #30 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 41728 battles

View PostGomez_Adams, on Apr 03 2017 - 10:49, said:

There are. Why do you think bot accounts have 8% hit rates over thousands of shots fired?

You're also overlooking the fact that he took more hits than you did. You get XP for the damage you can take and survive as well. He survived, you didn't. It's 23 freaking points. Stop crying.

Wow, can you be more wrong?

Both died.

There's no xp for shots received or damaged blocked.*

The OP isn't crying.  He's trying to figure out how the XP system works, since WG won't give is full details.

*there was an idea floated by WG about giving XP for tanked damage, but it never made it to live server.  I don't think it even made it out of the vague idea phase.

Gomez_Adams #31 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 18:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

Ahhhh...I was looking at the lower picture where his name was highlighted. It looked as though he had survived.

You do get XP though for damage taken and/or blocked by armor.

BillT #32 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 19:31

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23855 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostFluffy_Kittens, on Apr 03 2017 - 15:14, said:

spotting is not always about "spotting damage"

it is about being in LOS of tanks when they take damage.

hence a TD who  gets high caliber will place on the mid range of team exp if they chai snipe all game

This resonates with me.   I've seen this phenomenon lots of times with platoon-mates, and my working theory was that "the closer you are to enemy tanks, the more experience you get."  I thought it was WG's way to encourage people to wade into brawls instead of sniping, and it also serves as a big experience penalty for playing arty.  

But your explanation would explain the same observations, since if you're closer to enemy tanks, you're more likely to have them in LOS when they take damage. It makes more sense to me.  

Could you clarify what you mean by "it is about being in LOS of tanks when they take damage"?  I assume it only counts for *enemy* tanks taking damage.  Do you mean you have to have LOS to them (i.e., your direct vision isn't blocked by terrain or bushes)?  Do you have to be close enough to spot them for yourself, or do team spots still count as long as you have LOS?   Or do you mean you get more experience if you are *spotted* by the enemy when they take damage?

Pipinghot #33 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostGomez_Adams, on Apr 03 2017 - 11:49, said:

You get XP for the damage you can take and survive as well.

No.

SoLiDSoNiC #34 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 23:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41632 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 04 2017 - 05:42, said:

Wow, can you be more wrong?

Both died.

There's no xp for shots received or damaged blocked.*

The OP isn't crying.  He's trying to figure out how the XP system works, since WG won't give is full details.

*there was an idea floated by WG about giving XP for tanked damage, but it never made it to live server.  I don't think it even made it out of the vague idea phase.

yeh im not crying, just wanna know why i got less exp, that is all.

I can upload the replay if someone with the camera mod can look and see if he did do any hits on the tanks.

Da_Craw #35 Posted Apr 04 2017 - 18:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21372 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostSoLiDSoNiC, on Apr 03 2017 - 08:49, said:

it would show on his personal score not mine if he did, but it says he had no "hits"

It says he has no "direct hits".  We really need to see the other tank's detailed info.  

Fluffy_Kittens #36 Posted Apr 06 2017 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 39928 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL

View PostBillT, on Apr 03 2017 - 18:31, said:

This resonates with me.   I've seen this phenomenon lots of times with platoon-mates, and my working theory was that "the closer you are to enemy tanks, the more experience you get."  I thought it was WG's way to encourage people to wade into brawls instead of sniping, and it also serves as a big experience penalty for playing arty.  

But your explanation would explain the same observations, since if you're closer to enemy tanks, you're more likely to have them in LOS when they take damage. It makes more sense to me.  

Could you clarify what you mean by "it is about being in LOS of tanks when they take damage"?  I assume it only counts for *enemy* tanks taking damage.  Do you mean you have to have LOS to them (i.e., your direct vision isn't blocked by terrain or bushes)?  Do you have to be close enough to spot them for yourself, or do team spots still count as long as you have LOS?   Or do you mean you get more experience if you are *spotted* by the enemy when they take damage?

if your tank can spot the enemy, as it takes damage, then you are getting more exp, and you get most exp if you are spotting the same tanks you are damaging.

but if someone else is spotting the tanks and its outside of your view range, you get marginal exp.

also to add confusion to the equation, a light tank gets a higher exp coefficient for damage taken that they can see,'

if many teammates are spotting a single tank, you will not get "spotting damage" but you still get a more exp than if you were outside your view range.

Also tagged with exp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users