download error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jeff_terminator123 #1 Posted Apr 04 2017 - 21:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 2634 battles
I've recently been having multiple bugs and glitches with my WoT so i cleaned out all of the folders, and i deleted everything in them and deleted WoT. I then redownloaded thinking that the files would be redownloaded along with the game, but the WoT folder is empty and i do not know what to do to start playing again, help please.

Edited by jeff_terminator123, Apr 04 2017 - 21:10.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #2 Posted Apr 04 2017 - 21:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5429 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--
Did you run CCLeaner and restart your computer after deleting and uninstalling?

black_colt #3 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 01:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View Postjeff_terminator123, on Apr 04 2017 - 12:09, said:

I've recently been having multiple bugs and glitches with my WoT so i cleaned out all of the folders, and i deleted everything in them and deleted WoT. I then redownloaded thinking that the files would be redownloaded along with the game, but the WoT folder is empty and i do not know what to do to start playing again, help please.

Please do the following to completely delete the game.

1. Find a post from dstud208 and download the Studly Utility - look for the download link[s] in his signature.  There are two versions - one for OS X and one for macOS - download the one for your OS.

NOTE: The following step will completely delete all folders - so if you have not already done so - back up your [replays] folder before proceeding.

2. Install the Studly Utility and launch. Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] - then empty your trash.

3. Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Live Server] then the appropriate server from the list - e.g North America. Your web browser will open and then you will be presented with a [Save] dialog window - navigate to where you want to save and then click on [Save].

4. Wait for the download to complete. Go to the download location and double-click on the .dmg file and then follow the installation instructions.  When done - unmount the .dmg file.

5. Open the Studly Utility. Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents] then [Force Update]

6. Open/Launch World of Tanks. Follow all instructions on updating the wrapper and then wait until the client completes any updates it needs.

7. Click on [PLAY] and you should be taken the log in screen - log on and start playing. 

NOTE: The 9.17 client has changed the default file locations on OS X/macOS - the new location is ~/Library/Application Support/World of Tanks/Bottles/worldoftanks/drive_c/Games/World_of_Tanks

NOTE: If you want to run MODs visit the MOD provider and make sure you download the latest version.

Edited by black_colt, Apr 05 2017 - 02:10.

black_colt #4 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 02:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Apr 04 2017 - 12:12, said:

Did you run CCLeaner and restart your computer after deleting and uninstalling?

Not familiar with CCLeaner - my preference is AppCleaner [which I have been using since OS X 10.5]

But in case you did not know there is something easier to use for World Of Tanks and World Of Warships and I think it is worth checking out as I have been running it since the 9.15 Client to great success. As have many others ...

It is called the Studly Utility by dstud208.

It is a native OS X/macOS app that allows users to perform a variety of items - e.g. Reset Wrapper, Delete Game Files, Delete Completely, Disable Torrents, Enable Torrents, Force Update as well as troubleshooting - e.g. Slap WoT in the Face, Reset Wrapper, Fix "Shutting Down" Bug, etc. with a few clicks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users