• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #1 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

So I posted his E-100 earlier today...

And he messaged me saying "That's nice man, Im'a have the Jagd done today too if you wanna post that" 

And I said "Well, you got lots of love for the first one, so sure why not..."

And so...

"Ta-Da" or so he likes to say...

He used various references from Tanks.gg...

He said he built in a couple of nice functions to make up for the lack of the turret...

One of those features he added in was a rotating machine gun housing on top of the superstructure...

Skirtless... Kinda looks like a Tiger II and a Ferdi got together huh...

Model Features

- Same hull as the E-100: rolling tracks, sideskirts come off, roadwheel bogies
- Elevating (+18)/Depressing (-5) Gun... Considering in game it is -6/+17 that is a pretty good thing to recreate that accurate at that scale...
- Rotating machine gun
- Semi-Sturdy... you can roll it around but don't expect tons of playability...

Some notes from him on the model:

- The superstructure roof in the pictures angles upwards very slowly till about halfway back... I have recreated this by making the rear half of the superstructure an extra plate in height. You just cannot tell at a glance because all the roof details in the forward half are also a plate in height so they "Ate" my perspective...

- The rear superstructure face also angles very steeply into the tank, but at this scale it looked better to just have a flat rear face than try to recreate that angle. Doing so also ruined the integrity of the model...

- I initially was not going to add the tracks to the sides but when I finished I realized the a giant grey blob isn't exactly photogenic, So I added them, I personally think they add to the model but if you don't think so you can simply delete the track links (But keep the mounts because they are a part of the tank).

- No side-to-side gun traverse... crap traverse in large scale translates to none in small scale...

You can download the model if you feel like it at the bottom of it's page Here

*I'm off of messenger duty for the night*

Edited by Demonic_Angel_of_Death, Apr 05 2017 - 04:37.

R2D2CAT #2 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 02:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12293 battles
It would be awesome to see that built. :)

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #3 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 02:27

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostR2D2CAT, on Apr 04 2017 - 20:11, said:

It would be awesome to see that built. :)

Well if he did it it'd be in "Rainbowflage" because he doesn't build in solid colors... but with the instructions and file there one could source the parts themselves and build it...

churchill50 #4 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 02:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13824 battles

Very cool model.

Now, before people get carried away, like the E-100 thread, please do NOT quote the entire post if you want to respond. Doing so only takes up unnecessary space.

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #5 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 02:46

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View Postchurchill50, on Apr 04 2017 - 20:43, said:

Very cool model.

Now, before people get carried away, like the E-100 thread, please do NOT quote the entire post if you want to respond. Doing so only takes up unnecessary space.

THIS... We appreciate the sentiment but please, keep the thread clean...

Ndtm #6 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 16708 battles

View Postchurchill50, on Apr 05 2017 - 02:43, said:

Spoiler

Or they can learn to use the spoiler function, just select all the text in the quote and click the button and voila

Metagross555 #7 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 04:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26876 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_
Too many exposed studs o_o

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #8 Posted Apr 05 2017 - 04:13

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostMetagross555, on Apr 04 2017 - 22:01, said:

Too many exposed studs o_o

Builders preference, some build studless, others studfull, killswitch likes to go studless when he can, but will leave studs if going studless means a section becomes too thick...

- In this case with the tank being a tad narrow due to 3 wide tracks when it requires 4 wide tracks (Lego doesn't make 4 wide tracks) he left the skirts studded to "Gain some width"...

- With the superstructure the side of the structure doesn't match up quite with the front and rear faces, due to the angle they sink in a bit, but the studs would even this out if you ran your fingers down the length, it would feel like the piece met at the seams sort of... feel matters in Lego as much as looks to him...

- The superstructure roof would have been to thick if he plated it with studless tiles

- The upper front plate of the hull at this scale would look like "Applique Armor" was added to the front due to there not being any studless hinges, and Applique Armor was not the look he wanted to achieve...

In the end it boils down to the scale and these models are relatively small, under a foot in hull length, in order to fit the functions he wanted and keep the "Cost" down for someone who may want to build it themselves he decided to go "Midi-scale and Studless where I can, but Studs where I can't"

He is thinking about building a bigger E-100 (Only the E-100 though) in the future to match the scale of his T-55A, and since it will be bigger he will be able to make it studless in most areas...

Edited by Demonic_Angel_of_Death, Apr 05 2017 - 04:15.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users