Sandbox Phase 3 - Frontline Test Info & Feedback

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

llcoolj600 #101 Posted May 03 2017 - 02:26

Private

• Players
  • 20921 battles
  • [KISS] KISS
instead of focusing on tier 10 why not try tier 8 or 6 be more fun and people who do not have a 10 can use there 6 or 8.

nubbc #102 Posted May 07 2017 - 11:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 11231 battles
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV

Remove repair zone. Those zones are [edited]creating underdog dragging the team to lose. 

Unless you able to randomize those zones location to help out underdog team, or those noobs players. 

Match is kind of long, especially after long and hard work, used all gold still lost the game with 10k damages..

LowLancer #103 Posted May 10 2017 - 17:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 148 battles

View Postllcoolj600, on May 03 2017 - 02:26, said:

instead of focusing on tier 10 why not try tier 8 or 6 be more fun and people who do not have a 10 can use there 6 or 8.

No WG please leave it at tier X!! We need end game content in this game. I love it that it's tier X only. Now there is something for experienced players with a few tier X tanks to do in the end-game. I don't play my tier X tanks too often, because it's not profitable and there is nothing to grind for, but this is something that finally makes my tier X tanks usefull!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this gamemode tier X only!!!

LowLancer #104 Posted May 10 2017 - 17:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 148 battles

OMG guys guess what WG has done... They listened to the haters.

Some people say they hate the respawn, repair, new cap mechanics and the turret dustruction/defence most of us know and love.

I've seen people say that WG should scrap Frontline and instead, give us 30 vs 30 player random battles with encounter or standard battle mechanics. SERIOUSLY DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SAYING?!?

I absolutely LOVE how different Frontline is from the (sometimes frankly boring) random gamemode, and was so excited when I was playing it that I COULDN'T WAIT for it to hit the live server!!

But now that I see WG has actually introduced the bigger scaled random battles, I am really worried they are gonna scrap Frontline in favor of that.

WG plz gives us Frontline the way it was when you first introduced it and not the oversized Grand Canyon and Sunny Valley random gamemode instead. :(:(:(

PS

I haven't actually played the Grand Canyon and Sunny Valley stuff yet, as it will only go live tomorrow, but from what I've read I think what I've said is pretty accurate as to how I feel after actually playing it. If my opinion changes after playing it, I will edit this post, but my opinion is set for now.

Edited by LowLancer, May 10 2017 - 17:38.

levisuiker #105 Posted May 10 2017 - 18:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18133 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

I just received a email I could join the test server thank you for that!

Unfortunately i cant jjoin because the server sandbox is offline.

Is this only my problem or am I not the only one?

Thanks for reading,

See you on the battlefield.

Levi

evolighter #106 Posted May 11 2017 - 01:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10076 battles

View PostLowLancer, on May 10 2017 - 17:37, said:

OMG guys guess what WG has done... They listened to the haters.

Some people say they hate the respawn, repair, new cap mechanics and the turret dustruction/defence most of us know and love.

I've seen people say that WG should scrap Frontline and instead, give us 30 vs 30 player random battles with encounter or standard battle mechanics. SERIOUSLY DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SAYING?!?

I absolutely LOVE how different Frontline is from the (sometimes frankly boring) random gamemode, and was so excited when I was playing it that I COULDN'T WAIT for it to hit the live server!!

But now that I see WG has actually introduced the bigger scaled random battles, I am really worried they are gonna scrap Frontline in favor of that.

WG plz gives us Frontline the way it was when you first introduced it and not the oversized Grand Canyon and Sunny Valley random gamemode instead. :(:(:(

PS

I haven't actually played the Grand Canyon and Sunny Valley stuff yet, as it will only go live tomorrow, but from what I've read I think what I've said is pretty accurate as to how I feel after actually playing it. If my opinion changes after playing it, I will edit this post, but my opinion is set for now.

EDIT:

From WOT RU

After a short pause on the test " front line"  May 11 will be available to the new format large-scale fighting. This time we invite you to take part in the battles on the X-level technology at two new maps: " Grand Canyon" of 1.2 to 1.2 km and " Sun Valley" of 1.4 to 1.4 km. The general format (.. Victory conditions, rules, etc.) are similar to the standard and counter-battles, differs only in the size of teams: 30 players each, as in the first version of the " front line" .

But all the same, please no. Keep it as it is. Since playing frontline I don't really want to go back to playing on the crappy standard maps with 15 v 15. This was so much more interesting, so many unique spots and the length of the battle made it so much more engaging. Frankly winning one of these battles felt like much more of an achievement. 

I think a single entrance fee to this battle type makes a lot more sense. If people are worried about economics this may lead to a fair bit of camping as people wont want to risk losing an extra tank. Also you fire way way way more shells and at further distances so paying for all of it without huge payouts will make this mode end very quickly. A good player with premium time should be able to make a profit in these.

Edited by evolighter, May 11 2017 - 03:57.

iDestroya #107 Posted May 11 2017 - 17:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47534 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO
HELLO PLEASE BRING BACK FRONTLINE. 

iDestroya #108 Posted May 11 2017 - 18:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47534 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO

View Postnubbc, on May 07 2017 - 05:19, said:

Remove repair zone. Those zones are [edited]creating underdog dragging the team to lose. 

Unless you able to randomize those zones location to help out underdog team, or those noobs players. 

Match is kind of long, especially after long and hard work, used all gold still lost the game with 10k damages..

Disagree. 

Repair zone makes sense, and I love it. While you can simply die and grab another tank this way it lets you keep playing the same tank with a smaller time penalty for that tank; reduces repair costs which will become an issue when this mode goes "live". 

I actually don't mind that the match is long. typical match is what - 30-35 minutes?  that's equal to playing 2-3 matches in random mode. Each phase of the frontline is a challenge and due to the size of map and terrain enemy movement is unpredictable.

There's always a choice to play regular mode if you can't play for that long. 

GREAT work on the map by the way. Sure it can be refined further, but it seems to me like Frontline map feels like it has been worked on for sometime and is very close to the final product. BUT BRING IT BACK so we can test it further.

iDestroya #109 Posted May 11 2017 - 21:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47534 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO
Sorry, I want the Assault Frontline with the three spawning areas, repair zones, and target objectives?  IT WAS THE BEST WOT BY FAR. Please bring it back FAST. I miss it.

dnumde #110 Posted May 11 2017 - 21:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 45781 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL
this mode is lacking the tactical feel of combat.  it reminds me of playing on a golf course. no cover . no way of achieving surprise. just line up and shoot letting RNG decide it all. like all the other modes WG has tried will be popular for a very short while and fade away(deservedly so unless changes are made.

Edited by dnumde, May 11 2017 - 21:55.

AnonymousHippopotamus #111 Posted May 12 2017 - 17:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14293 battles
  • [HIPPO] HIPPO
Can I request permission to stream my testing of the frontline mode on Twitch?  I'd really like to test it out but all the time I have available to play I dedicate to my stream.  I noticed quickybaby streaming today and we're basically like the same caliber of streamer so it should be fine right?  Kappa

kaniala3 #112 Posted May 12 2017 - 19:52

Private

• Players
  • 26173 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

Sunny Valley

I am really enjoying the game play on the new Random Map, Sunny Valley.  I felt comfortable trying to navigate the new terain and I was happy with the dispersion of the teams.  Since everyone is learning to use the map, strategies have not emerged yet.

Maps this size are more suited to game play than the smaller maps I have gotten used to.

Still have not seen Grand Canyon, MM keeps putting me in the Valley Map.

I noticed the new awards system gives both sides a little incentive to perform.  Wargaming heard and responded.  I hope they find a happy medium and apply it to all tiers.  Supplying gold as part of the payout was a nice suprise and helped explain why I got only the amount found in my personal account.

Wargaming, I am happy with this set up as it stands right now.  I am sure other members will find ways to improve on this but I like it right now. :)

scoutsout7 #113 Posted May 12 2017 - 23:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 49687 battles

Just logged off the sandbox and I like this mode of battle lets make it happen, but the one thing is open the maps so much of them are not accessible to use terrain wise. I would also love to see T6 and up able to use this battle mode if possible separate them from normal random battle make it an option. Keep it all the same tier.I feel people will enjoy this more so than normal random battles. 

So far everything runs smoothly so good job on this. 

Scouts Out 

levisuiker #114 Posted May 13 2017 - 14:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18133 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

Hello Wargaming,

I really like this new thing 30vs30.

It would be better when the maps would be bigger!

Aswell if u could auto select ur previous choice of how to see the enemy player by stats or by name or by tank.

Every time i have to select this over and over because i dont want the default settings.

Would be nice aswell if the map would be less flat because arty can litterly shoot everything and everyone

Keep going on and goodluck!

Levi

thedestroyer360 #115 Posted May 13 2017 - 18:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 8002 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

I changed my password for the sandbox server but it says incorrect

pillpusher1 #116 Posted May 13 2017 - 22:54

Private

• Players
  • 19586 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
Got the email telling me I was invited to play.  Downloaded the Sandbox and when I log in it tells me that the info is incorrect.  if I'm not who I think I am, how can I be posting to this blog?

LowLancer #117 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 148 battles

So many people saying they like this 'new' 'gamemode'. Guys, it's not new, it's not a gamemode...

It's the same old Random Battles!! Of course with the twist of new maps and more tanks, but when these novelties have worn off, you will see what this really is.

Also, have you guys played the first Frontline? I can't possibly be positive about this version of Frontline after playing the amazing Frontline from April.

Seriously, where have all the amazing unique mechanics gone, like the respawn, repair, unique capping, ranking system and pillbox shooting gone?!? How can WG possibly leave all that amazing stuff behind for... THIS...

Also, how is this new version of Frontline even called 'Frontline', as it has pretty much has nothing in common with the first (and WAY better) version of Frontline. The only common ground is the 30 v 30!!!

Another issue with 30 v 30 players without respawn/repair is AMMO CAPACITY. The tanks in WoT are meant to fight a maximum of 15 enemies. NOT DOUBLE THAT! I hate the B-C 25 t but this tank makes a good example for this. It basically runs dry of ammo halfway through the game.

Also, the addition of 15 extra players a team changes nothing. The games still are over just as fast, there is only more damage to be dealt, so now 6k - 7k damage is not really spectacular anymore.

Guys, after playing the previous version of Frontline, I can't see how this 'new' version of 'Fronline' is good.

Edited by LowLancer, May 14 2017 - 01:14.

Slaynar1 #118 Posted May 14 2017 - 17:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 22555 battles
  • [JEDI] JEDI

View Postlevisuiker, on May 13 2017 - 13:38, said:

Hello Wargaming,

I really like this new thing 30vs30.

It would be better when the maps would be bigger!

Aswell if u could auto select ur previous choice of how to see the enemy player by stats or by name or by tank.

Every time i have to select this over and over because i dont want the default settings.

Would be nice aswell if the map would be less flat because arty can litterly shoot everything and everyone

Keep going on and goodluck!

Levi

No arty has a hell of a time on Valley and Canyon!! Hard to find a place to set up, must always move around due to counter arty and lights view range.!! Very challenging. 

t42592 #119 Posted May 15 2017 - 07:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19709 battles

View Postbaymbaym, on Apr 10 2017 - 08:07, said:

I can't log in for some reason even though I'm typing in my correct password on my account, is there something wrong at the moment?

Edit: Nevermind, got it fixed

The initial attempt to log into the sandbox redirected to website, to my phone.  After clicking 'Reset' for the second time, I received email confirmation password was changed.  Eventually, it brought me to main forums where sandbox forums are a sub-forum.  Another change on part of Wargaming.

t42592 #120 Posted May 15 2017 - 07:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19709 battles

View PostB00BLEMAX, on Apr 10 2017 - 08:42, said:

My password and email are not being recognized even though I participated in the previous sandbox tests. I tried to recover my password through the sandbox portal and my email isn't linked to an account so I can't reset my password. 

Click that 'Reset' once again.  It's a bug, I suspect.  Once I clicked it again, it sent the confirmation that it was changed to my email, not my phone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users