Sandbox Phase 3 - Frontline Test Info & Feedback

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

t42592 #121 Posted May 15 2017 - 07:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19599 battles

View Postsoslo, on Apr 10 2017 - 08:59, said:

you should have gotten an email a week or two ago with pw reset instructions, if you didnt get that then you may have to reapply?

My re-invite to SB2 did not mention reset.  It mentioned updating my client.  So, you can imagine my dismay when my password couldn't get me into the SB forums.  I jumped through the 'Reset' hoops getting change confirmation via my iphone, then waited.  Nothing.  Clicking the 'Reset' again, popup tells me password change successful and email sent confirming the same.  

IMHO, another change by Wargaming that is causing the issue with testers.

t42592 #122 Posted May 15 2017 - 07:39

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19599 battles

View PostKingofDragons, on Apr 10 2017 - 09:25, said:

whats this leaving the zone thing ? i dont want to leave the zone..i want to slow down their advance..i know the zone was lost but so what ..

'Leaving Zone' indicates one of two things.  The area has been captured, and in this case, get out of it before the AI drops artillery on you.  Two, you're either entering a zone your team does not control, and again, the AI will target you if you don't leave.

t42592 #123 Posted May 15 2017 - 07:44

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19599 battles

View Postcgralphy, on Apr 10 2017 - 13:20, said:

My honest opinion this game mode is going to be a failure. 

Problems.

1. It requires to many players 

This is bound to make a huge split on the players on game modes. Making Que times longer.

While this might make for more epic battles, it really does not make for an enjoyable experience when your fighting a large number of tanks.

2. The maps are way to large.

This makes the split teams unevenly making onside battles.

Slow tanks can struggle in some situations.

Big map makes you travel time longer meaning less action.

3.No profit.

Do I have to say more. A prime example why the rampage mode failed is this game mode.

This game mode is not for the average player and many regular player will be turned of immediately 

4. Battle length.(personal suggestion)

While a few players might enjoy long battles I find my self enjoying the 15 min time limit of random battle. It might not be an issue for some people but I personally am turned off by it.

5. ITS NOT FUN.

Simple enough I did not enjoy it. I was a game mode that really made me wish it was over before it started. Having to play for 20 min and not make any profit is not something I call fun. A negative is that this game just like the failed rampage mode is that it will be limited to tier 10 tank that don't really make any profit for average player and even top player will find they will not make much profit as well.

Suggestion.

1. 30v30 not going to work and will only serve to split the player base. Like rampage it will be a game mode that no one will play.

solution. Make it small size battle with a smaller number of players ex. 3v3 or 6v6. With the small number of player it makes re spawning more enjoyable so it does not feel like a massive tank orgies. This would also make the player base hit less of an impact.

2. Time. Playing a match for 20 mins and not making profit sucks 

Solution. For this make the game mode short and fun. The average match should be between 7 to 10 min

3. Profit\Tier. While this mode you can only be competitive at tier 10. We know tier 10 don't make money.

Solution. I find my self also enjoying lower tiers and with the smaller player base required for a battle you can have a single tier mm if it's 3v3. I would find this fun specially platoon vs platoon with re spawn. Having lower tier means you can also have game that you can profit on.

That is my opinion so far, with this I will let the development know that this game is bound to failure just like RAMPAGE. The fail mode that nobody played after a month. While I'm glad to see something new, this is a step to the wrong direction on my opinion. 

Just in the test phase, the time required to enter battle was negligible, within a minute, I would say.  Compared to earlier tests, this has been refreshing.  Consider World of Warships (as Alpha tester), the queues were horrendous, upwards of 10 minutes to load.  Even World of Warplanes was second worse, considering.  

If the test phase is any indication of how well the mode works, I believe the player base will eat up this mode, probably more so than single map modes, IMHO.  

t42592 #124 Posted May 15 2017 - 07:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19599 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 10 2017 - 14:40, said:

Having played a battle, both as arty and as a regular tank (in the same battle), arty didnt feel punishing like it does in normal random matches. What if we got rid of most of the arty changes (they still need to lose AP/HEAT) and limited them to Frontlines? The maps are larger and the game mode itself already limits tanks based on the front youre on... and you can respawn... 

It seems like we could make random battles free of arty and limit them to a game mode where they actually have a purpose and dont have the ability to just end a person's game.

Could Frontlines be the solution to artillery?

Arty has a very different feel in Frontline, where you're using either maximum range across several fronts, or engaging specific hot spots, objectives for one.  Arty in Frontline versus a solo map, the two major factors is using maximum range; two, focusing on softening objective defenders.

t42592 #125 Posted May 15 2017 - 07:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19599 battles

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Apr 10 2017 - 20:56, said:

Heads UP!!!!  Arty will not be allowed to platoon after 9.18

Here are the 9.18 Patch Notes from EU. I am sharing them here since some one at WoT NA will not or can not do their job of informing the players! 

http://worldoftanks....nd_common_test/

• Block Quote

No artillery in Platoons. You were vocal about mismatched scenarios, when a Platoon of three SPGs was placed at the top of the list and the team ended up with three long-range support fire vehicles as their main strength. The other frustrating issue was frequent cases of arty giving its all to support fellow Platoon-members and totally neglecting the rest of the team. To eliminate both problems, we decided to stop SPGs from forming and joining Dynamic and regular Platoons. Removing the option to play in Platoons should facilitate team cooperation and aid the matchmaker in creating balanced teams. Individual Battle Missions were updated accordingly. We removed Platoons from their conditions.

• This is silly.  Another knee-jerk reaction by Wargaming.net that does not take into account the majority of arty players that adjust their fire to support the entire team.  

More on this later...

SquirrellyWraths #126 Posted May 17 2017 - 03:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5616 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
Okay, what happen to the huge maps and grand battles? Right now it's a campfest on a small map with twice the players. If these tiny maps are what you are going for, this will be DOA.

Priest070 #127 Posted May 17 2017 - 15:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 20545 battles
  • [PINUP] PINUP

View PostSquirrellyWraths, on May 17 2017 - 02:14, said:

Okay, what happen to the huge maps and grand battles? Right now it's a campfest on a small map with twice the players. If these tiny maps are what you are going for, this will be DOA.

Not meaning to or try's my to pick a fight; however, I have not really had the camp fest that some have gone on about. Even the canyon map, with some patience and planning/cunning, can be overcome. I do think the 1.2 or is it 1.3 is too small and I can see how the 9km sq map could be thought to be too big, how about a 3, or 5km sq map?

cheers!

x1cygnus #128 Posted May 18 2017 - 01:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 25696 battles

Played in sandbox thirty vs thirty but not in front line.  Was a great experience. The battle flow was excellent and all phases worked well.

I enjoyed both maps as they were very different form each other. Grand canyon being multi leveled and encounters requiring you drop into canyon for cap and the other map was more of a table top fast mover.  Both maps were favorable to different units in different locations.  long drives favored medium and lights for dealing with breakthroughs and cover supported heavies.  I am an ardent arty supporter as it changes the dynamic of the game and these maps showed that, forcing movement from heavies in defensive spots and equalizing match ups of different tanks weights in a second as one tank takes arty hit.  On these big maps the light tanks were indispensable for spotting and getting out alive.  I do look forward to playing these at lower tiers as that is where most of my tanking takes place.  Thanks for the opportunity to contribute and keep up the good work 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users