Sandbox Phase 3 - Frontline Test Info & Feedback

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Thisdsntwork #21 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 20:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8443 battles
  • [PPC] PPC
Defending side should have some sort of time bonus to get into position, its hard to set up on the first caps before getting rolled.

saru_richard #22 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 20:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 21127 battles
  • [H-H] H-H
ok seriously i need help here, i can't get that damn link i need to reset the password for sandbox despite making sure that the email was enter correctly and apparently customer service does not recognized my account so i can't use that... i need help desperately 

KingofDragons #23 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 21:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17026 battles

the pass word reset is for wargaming.net even though you already have one to play they want you to redo it.. i still managed to enter game with error..

galspanic #24 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 22:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 23831 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

When the game starts it immediately crashes.  I load WoT again and it's fine.  When the game is over it shuts down WoT instead of going to my garage.  All of this could be because I'm using a laptop that's on the very low end of "compatible."

There were a few times where I respawned in the middle of enemy player, and died within seconds.  It seems like there should be a distance buffer to at least give you a chance to play.

Artillery felt like [edited]because the distances the shells had to travel were so large that I'd shoot, wait, wait, watch the enemy tanks disappear, wait, and then hit the dirt.  I can't think of a fix, but when it takes 5-6 seconds for a shell to land Artillery is even less fun and useful than normal games.

Yes, it was chaotic and nobody knew what they were doing.  But, with a map that large and no sense of team work it's bound to happen.  My initial reaction is that it's got a lot of potential and with better map knowledge and team coordination, it's going to be a lot of fun.

vikingmil #25 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 22:15

Private

• Players
  • 33139 battles
  • [22RE] 22RE
Confusing, sucks, hard to really understand what is going on, etc, etc.. God I love it, Love the big map, I will be playing this mode until they take it away from us.  Really hope they keep it as an option battle. 

cgralphy #26 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 22:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17971 battles

My honest opinion this game mode is going to be a failure. 

Problems.

1. It requires to many players 

This is bound to make a huge split on the players on game modes. Making Que times longer.

While this might make for more epic battles, it really does not make for an enjoyable experience when your fighting a large number of tanks.

2. The maps are way to large.

This makes the split teams unevenly making onside battles.

Slow tanks can struggle in some situations.

Big map makes you travel time longer meaning less action.

3.No profit.

Do I have to say more. A prime example why the rampage mode failed is this game mode.

This game mode is not for the average player and many regular player will be turned of immediately 

4. Battle length.(personal suggestion)

While a few players might enjoy long battles I find my self enjoying the 15 min time limit of random battle. It might not be an issue for some people but I personally am turned off by it.

5. ITS NOT FUN.

Simple enough I did not enjoy it. I was a game mode that really made me wish it was over before it started. Having to play for 20 min and not make any profit is not something I call fun. A negative is that this game just like the failed rampage mode is that it will be limited to tier 10 tank that don't really make any profit for average player and even top player will find they will not make much profit as well.

Suggestion.

1. 30v30 not going to work and will only serve to split the player base. Like rampage it will be a game mode that no one will play.

solution. Make it small size battle with a smaller number of players ex. 3v3 or 6v6. With the small number of player it makes re spawning more enjoyable so it does not feel like a massive tank orgies. This would also make the player base hit less of an impact.

2. Time. Playing a match for 20 mins and not making profit sucks 

Solution. For this make the game mode short and fun. The average match should be between 7 to 10 min

3. Profit\Tier. While this mode you can only be competitive at tier 10. We know tier 10 don't make money.

Solution. I find my self also enjoying lower tiers and with the smaller player base required for a battle you can have a single tier mm if it's 3v3. I would find this fun specially platoon vs platoon with re spawn. Having lower tier means you can also have game that you can profit on.

That is my opinion so far, with this I will let the development know that this game is bound to failure just like RAMPAGE. The fail mode that nobody played after a month. While I'm glad to see something new, this is a step to the wrong direction on my opinion. 

Catfish63 #27 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 23:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14396 battles
  • [TVGC] TVGC

Frontline is an absolute blast.  The maps are nicely created, well done!

Gravtech #28 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 27324 battles

View Postvikingmil, on Apr 10 2017 - 14:15, said:

Confusing, sucks, hard to really understand what is going on, etc, etc.. God I love it, Love the big map, I will be playing this mode until they take it away from us.  Really hope they keep it as an option battle. 

It took me about 3-4 rounds to figure out what to do, after that it's a blast. I still don't get what "recovery" is though.

LpBronco #29 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 23:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36820 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View Postvikingmil, on Apr 10 2017 - 16:15, said:

First time out and the server restarts without being able to view the after action report so not sure what any of it meant although my "team" won, LOL.

This could really be good with real comms and real platoons, right now it's more like a team deathmatch with everyone just doing their own thing.

Agent_K_ #30 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 23:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 36390 battles

I personnaly find that it was super fun to play that mode, some minor adjusments are needed.

1 - Make consumables replenish in the repair zones.

2 - Need to make some credits, or at least break even. Gold spam not included.

3 - Make this mode available for tier 8, so it is available to more players.

Thats it for now. Thanks for this mode, love it.

Sgt_King_Gunner #31 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 23:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22307 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View Postcgralphy, on Apr 10 2017 - 22:20, said:

My honest opinion this game mode is going to be a failure. 

Problems.

1. It requires to many players 

This is bound to make a huge split on the players on game modes. Making Que times longer.

While this might make for more epic battles, it really does not make for an enjoyable experience when your fighting a large number of tanks.

2. The maps are way to large.

This makes the split teams unevenly making onside battles.

Slow tanks can struggle in some situations.

Big map makes you travel time longer meaning less action.

3.No profit.

Do I have to say more. A prime example why the rampage mode failed is this game mode.

This game mode is not for the average player and many regular player will be turned of immediately 

4. Battle length.(personal suggestion)

While a few players might enjoy long battles I find my self enjoying the 15 min time limit of random battle. It might not be an issue for some people but I personally am turned off by it.

5. ITS NOT FUN.

Simple enough I did not enjoy it. I was a game mode that really made me wish it was over before it started. Having to play for 20 min and not make any profit is not something I call fun. A negative is that this game just like the failed rampage mode is that it will be limited to tier 10 tank that don't really make any profit for average player and even top player will find they will not make much profit as well.

Suggestion.

1. 30v30 not going to work and will only serve to split the player base. Like rampage it will be a game mode that no one will play.

solution. Make it small size battle with a smaller number of players ex. 3v3 or 6v6. With the small number of player it makes re spawning more enjoyable so it does not feel like a massive tank orgies. This would also make the player base hit less of an impact.

2. Time. Playing a match for 20 mins and not making profit sucks 

Solution. For this make the game mode short and fun. The average match should be between 7 to 10 min

3. Profit\Tier. While this mode you can only be competitive at tier 10. We know tier 10 don't make money.

Solution. I find my self also enjoying lower tiers and with the smaller player base required for a battle you can have a single tier mm if it's 3v3. I would find this fun specially platoon vs platoon with re spawn. Having lower tier means you can also have game that you can profit on.

That is my opinion so far, with this I will let the development know that this game is bound to failure just like RAMPAGE. The fail mode that nobody played after a month. While I'm glad to see something new, this is a step to the wrong direction on my opinion. 

Per the video--they acknowledge that there is no economy for this mode at present, but they will work it in later.

Avalon304 #32 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 16900 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Having played a battle, both as arty and as a regular tank (in the same battle), arty didnt feel punishing like it does in normal random matches. What if we got rid of most of the arty changes (they still need to lose AP/HEAT) and limited them to Frontlines? The maps are larger and the game mode itself already limits tanks based on the front youre on... and you can respawn... 

It seems like we could make random battles free of arty and limit them to a game mode where they actually have a purpose and dont have the ability to just end a person's game.

Could Frontlines be the solution to artillery?

Mikosah #33 Posted Apr 10 2017 - 23:42

Major

• Players
  • 17520 battles

My preliminary concern is that if this mode is going to be a guaranteed credit drain, then that'll discourage players from giving it the attention it deserves when it goes live. Secondly, will it only be available to tier 10s when its finished? Why? Just as it was with 'rampage', if you limit it to just one tier then that automatically makes it much harder for this mode to have a wide audience. Ideally it would be available to multiple tiers. And there's even an efficient way to do this- allow tier 8 and 9 tanks into the same queue as the tier 10s. As compensation for being lower in tier, they get shorter and more numerous respawns and higher earning potential.

A win-win. The tier 10s get a wider variety of targets to engage, and the tier 8s and 9s are presented with new gameplay.

As for the comment that this mode currently behaves as a wild TDM where everyone does their own thing and generally don't care what's going on, that's fantastic news! There's a massive segment of the playerbase who are sick and tired of constantly having to worry what the team is up to, whether or not they'll get that daily win multiplier, or how their stats will look afterward. This so-called 'wild TDM' is exactly what they want. 

24cups #34 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 01:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20806 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

I found it fun, if a bit chaotic. There is NO cooperation, even worse than your average Pub match. Basically 60 tanks having a mad shoot-em-up.

The respawning needs some work,; an arty appeared right in my path as I was racing along in a TVP 50/51.

That's my initial impressions. No need to get all uptight guys, it's only in testing, not a final product.

Sarminia #35 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 01:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 20192 battles
  • [WANKO] WANKO

Hi wargmaing, really good joob on this mod! It is sure needing some improvement but wee are onto the first days of the sandboxs. I cheked up what was told before as post and i saw a coples of things i agree. 

The defencer are quite disventaged due to the lack of time to go in position. maybe geev a positioning time of 10 to 30 seconds.

Main thing is also the credit. it is costing to mutch to play this mode. He is really good but the only fact you ahve to get alot of tier 10 to be able to be acurate make the in game shell and repair budget go down. Maybe make a system whit the ranking who make gain bonus on crew xp and credit!

Well done wargaming! ill keep test it until im no more able to do it! MOST !"/$%?&*() GOOD MOD EVER MADED!

cgralphy #36 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 01:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17971 battles

View PostSgt_King_Gunner, on Apr 10 2017 - 23:39, said:

Per the video--they acknowledge that there is no economy for this mode at present, but they will work it in later.

Its true. The biggest issues is that 30v30 is to large for random teamwork to happen and the time the battle takes is to long at the moment. I think a smaller team would be much better for a re spawn system. WG has never had a re spawn system until the failed rampage mode and I think it might work a lot better in a smaller battle set up like 3v3 5v5 or 6v6. This also wont split the player base to aggressive for random battles as well

tigerkiller1000 #37 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 01:57

Private

• Players
  • 10700 battles
  • [IPHXB] IPHXB

My biggest issue with the mode is that it is not profitable, my last battle I had I dealt over 11k damage, 12k blocked, and almost 5k assist, the loss in credits was over 37k. that is my biggest issue and my other issues that I have with the game are more of issue which I bring on myself. The 30 vs 30 I find actually fun as it increases the chance that I will find someone who is willing to work together. The time aspect I can see how it can be annoying but thinking on the amount of time given for capturing each of the 6 zones being roughly 2:15 plus the base time of 15:00 and the maximum time for a defensive victory is 28:30. Workable but not ideal. Best way to really solve this would be to make the capture bonus only 2:00 and the base time only 10:00 which gives the far easier to work around 22:00. Considering that this is only 2 minutes beyond the maximum time for a WOWS battle, it could better fit into schedules of an average WOT player. Other than that, Class balance is surprisingly stable, Games are fun and engaging, far easier to avoid death traps, repair stations make mistakes not too punishing however it would be nice for one or two to be put in near the main objectives, and the map is fairly well balanced for each teams roles it appears 

Biggest thing to note is that this mode should also be expanded down to lower tiers. Maybe put the lowest tier possible tier 6 with the new MM rules but redistributed for the increased amount of required players. Otherwise the mode will die out like rampage and this mode is far more fun than rampage.

Edited by tigerkiller1000, Apr 11 2017 - 02:02.

chicharron_atomico #38 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 02:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 44424 battles
  • [HHL] HHL

It tells me that the password is incorrect, but in the game everything works well ..... wth!!! ???

saru_richard #39 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 02:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 21127 battles
  • [H-H] H-H

View Postchicharron_atomico, on Apr 11 2017 - 02:41, said:

It tells me that the password is incorrect, but in the game everything works well ..... wth!!! ???

you got to reset it for sandbox only, it will not affect your regular account

chicharron_atomico #40 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 03:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 44424 battles
  • [HHL] HHL

View Postsaru_richard, on Apr 11 2017 - 02:57, said:

you got to reset it for sandbox only, it will not affect your regular account

ok..........Because I do not want to change the game pass = P 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users