• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Tedster_ #21 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 39079 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postwrwsadv, on Apr 10 2017 - 22:56, said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it until I had 4 and a half thousand gold deleted from my account :angry:

I lost near 8k from that, yay WG and their reward systems.  somebody in our clan even had their account rolled back so they could remove the gold after said member used it to free xp a tank.

Paracrete #22 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 22:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22986 battles
  • [PIKE] PIKE
WOT must recognize that clans contain players of varying skill levels and tank rosters.  Thus, the tier 6 format should force each team to recruit 7 tankers as follows: 2 tier 6 tanks; 3 tier 5 tanks; and 2 tier 4 tanks.  This setup would permit more clan members to participate.  The tier 8 format should force each team to recruit 10 tankers as follows: 3 tier 8 tanks; 4 tier 7 tanks; and 3 tier 6 tanks.  The tier 10 format should entice clans by offering landing spots on the global map based on victories in the skirmishes.  The current skirmishing format lacks variety, because clans choose the same tanks over and over, i.e. Cromwells, Type 64s, IS-3s, and so on . . .  By forcing the mix of tiers, a wider array of tanks will be deployed, which I believe will create a more enjoyable playing experience.

Termitey #23 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 04:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 85553 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

i have played a few strongholds and alot of the time its just cromwells

there is probally 40 tier 6 tanks that could be used in total

could we maybe limit it to 2 tanks of the same kind only/?

A cromwell B is still a cromwell

or maybe a load out of 3 med 2 light 2 heavy  or something  like that?

or maybe a random selector ingame as to what type of tanks you can bring?

normal pub games are not all the same tank

spacecubicnub #24 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 12:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19255 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostParacrete, on Apr 11 2017 - 22:43, said:

WOT must recognize that clans contain players of varying skill levels and tank rosters.  Thus, the tier 6 format should force each team to recruit 7 tankers as follows: 2 tier 6 tanks; 3 tier 5 tanks; and 2 tier 4 tanks.  This setup would permit more clan members to participate.  The tier 8 format should force each team to recruit 10 tankers as follows: 3 tier 8 tanks; 4 tier 7 tanks; and 3 tier 6 tanks.  The tier 10 format should entice clans by offering landing spots on the global map based on victories in the skirmishes.  The current skirmishing format lacks variety, because clans choose the same tanks over and over, i.e. Cromwells, Type 64s, IS-3s, and so on . . .  By forcing the mix of tiers, a wider array of tanks will be deployed, which I believe will create a more enjoyable playing experience.

no

spacecubicnub #25 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 12:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19255 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostTermitey, on Apr 12 2017 - 04:40, said:

i have played a few strongholds and alot of the time its just cromwells

there is probally 40 tier 6 tanks that could be used in total

could we maybe limit it to 2 tanks of the same kind only/?

A cromwell B is still a cromwell

or maybe a load out of 3 med 2 light 2 heavy  or something  like that?

or maybe a random selector ingame as to what type of tanks you can bring?

normal pub games are not all the same tank

no :-)

spacecubicnub #26 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 12:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19255 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

Stronghold is not a pub match.  It is all about team work and there are advantages to having most of the team in the same tank type.

Yankee #27 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 12:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 33018 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I believe the following

Whatever metric is being used to match clans against each other in advances is particularly difficult on the second tier teams, who often are fed to the "big clans" due to a lack of available opponents.  I think we need more randomness introduced into the match making.

Strikes, in general, need to be more expensive, you should never profit from using strikes, it should be a last resort for victory and should have a cost associated with it, not a bonus

With the addition of the encounter battle, I think the final battle pop should be moved to 45 minutes past the hour, although this would require more time between each set of advances 10:00, 11:15, 12:30 EST as an example

Yankee #28 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 13:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 33018 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Dbl post, sorry 

porouscloud #29 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 23:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14544 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Few thoughts.

1. Skill based MM - it works on the larger servers, however on NA the population just isn't there. Skill levels of various clans are too stratified, so queue times are long and matches are short. Not fun. 

2. Strikes kinda suck, but given that you're encouraged to use them through bonuses, I don't blame teams for using them. They're probably too powerful for tier 8 matches though and should be nerfed

3. I kinda agree with Yankee on the advances thing, which ties into the first point. While FAM was alive, we were one of the top B tier clans. Around half(maybe more?) of our advances were upwards into clans(basically mahou/vilin/G/bulba) which we win about 5-10% of the time against. Going sideways and down we'd fight clans which we could generally go even with or beat 60-75% of the time. This basically meant that half the time we'd demoralizingly lose all our buildings in one sided matches, and the other half we'd fight hard and maybe destroy a one or two of theirs. Half the time we get a few thousand boxes, the other time people just ragequit TS/the game. Not a whole lot of fun.

Edited by porouscloud, Apr 12 2017 - 23:43.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users