This is what happens when United Airlines needs your seat & you refuse

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #1 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 05:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22896 battles

So apparently United Airlines overbooked & needed 4 seats for non-paying Airline employees. They offered some extra money incentive to leave but no one wanted to give up their seat. So United told the customers they would choose 4 random people & make them leave. One flier refused to leave(apparently he was a 60 something year old doctor & had patients he had to get to?), and this is how the police that were called by United Airlines treated him(a paying customer) - NOTE: the actual video starts at about 1:00 I believe. Take special note of the forceful head slam into the handrest next to him which causes him to bleed profusely from the mouth/nose & ear & knocks him out. Somehow he makes it back onto the plane apparently dazed & confused(who wouldn't be after that?) not knowing where he is or what to do & just wanting to get home. This could have been your loved one. There are many many videos of this circulating now, this is just 1 I picked:

Edit: Just realized this is in Gameplay forum. Could have sworn I was still in Off-Topic when I posted this. :amazed:

Edited by LOL_i_CLICKED_u, Apr 11 2017 - 05:46.

Cruxdei #2 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 05:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14332 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS
huh

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 05:47

Major

• Players
  • 14282 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

Unfortunate... why do people refuse to do as they are asked and end up dealing with Airport Police ? I don't get it.

He will sue United and get a big settlement, but is that what he really wanted, to be forcibly removed from the aircraft ?

That's childish.

Fulcrous #4 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 05:50

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 27326 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 10 2017 - 20:47, said:

Unfortunate... why do people refuse to do as they are asked and end up dealing with Airport Police ? I don't get it.

He will sue United and get a big settlement, but is that what he really wanted, to be forcibly removed from the aircraft ?

That's childish.

It wasn't overbooked. It was so employees could be moved to their next place of work - which is a sad excuse.
Then handling it in a horrible manner and paying the bare minimum they were required as compensation.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #5 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 05:52

Major

• Players
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1

I have been bumped many a times.  I actually volunteer for it when I can.  Get a nice room, food vouchers and free tickets.  I got $1000 in tickets once. (2002 money).  I used to do this all the time when I was military.  Just call your First Sgt saying you got bumped and have the airline confirm and it would be a free day of leave.  On 3 day weekends I would take a flight somewhere just for something to do with the free tickets.

PorkChopSammich #6 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 05:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14926 battles
Pepsi thought they screwed up last week with their botched ad...United Airlines was quoted this week by saying "hold my beer."

Kamahl1234 #7 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 05:56

Major

• Players
  • 17190 battles
  • [_-D-_] _-D-_
Good god this media frenzy. 

HowitzerBlitzer #8 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 12908 battles

Rule #1 of fight club: Don't talk about fight club.

Or United Airlines in this example...

Joliet_Jake_Blues #9 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3319 battles
That is exactly how I ended up spending time waiting for my flight out of the country. 3 years waiting in a terrible place. Ok, not exactly the way, but you get the point. So I had some money and "exotic plants" on me. They still made me wait years for my flight out. The bastages.

The_Golden_Falcon #10 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10908 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostLOL_i_CLICKED_u, on Apr 10 2017 - 22:41, said:

So apparently United Airlines overbooked & needed 4 seats for non-paying Airline employees. They offered some extra money incentive to leave but no one wanted to give up their seat. So United told the customers they would choose 4 random people & make them leave. One flier refused to leave(apparently he was a 60 something year old doctor & had patients he had to get to?), and this is how the police that were called by United Airlines treated him(a paying customer) - NOTE: the actual video starts at about 1:00 I believe. Take special note of the forceful head slam into the handrest next to him which causes him to bleed profusely from the mouth/nose & ear & knocks him out. Somehow he makes it back onto the plane apparently dazed & confused(who wouldn't be after that?) not knowing where he is or what to do & just wanting to get home. This could have been your loved one. There are many many videos of this circulating now, this is just 1 I picked:

Edit: Just realized this is in Gameplay forum. Could have sworn I was still in Off-Topic when I posted this. :amazed:

You're pathetic. Yes it was wrong to drag him off the plane. But no where does it say he had a  CONFIRMED SEAT for all we know he was a jumper or had been placed in the open spot when it was available, they then realized and needed to bump him but he refused. And if you seen the video where he ran back onto the plane you would realize that he is some type of lunatic. If he had to get home to his "patients" why was he gone? I'm 100% sure they have someone to replace him in his duties if he's even a real doctor. And you guys are IDIOTIC for believing it.

Edited by The_Golden_Falcon, Apr 11 2017 - 06:16.

Andreas007 #11 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:13

Captain

• Players
  • 34937 battles

Crazy thing is he is a doctor that had to be at work, that's why he refused to give up his and his wife's seats.

Just overall shocking.

Classics4lyfe #12 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6850 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Yay another post that doesn't pertain too wot and is here to cause problems... Also why cause chaos on the plane in the first place also the video doesn't show before they are shown pulling him out of the seat they likely asked him to get up and leave before he was then forcibly removed why cause a problem when as a "minority" in this now liberal day an age you could win a court settlement that you could basically retire on no problem this is just another classic example of people not doing what they are asked... Like seriously it isn't that hard and if he was in the right he could sue and easily win

Cruxdei #13 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14332 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Apr 11 2017 - 02:02, said:

Rule #1 of fight club: Don't talk about fight club.

Or United Airlines in this example...

Grumpy_blue #14 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36714 battles

Poor guy. But why argue with police? If you're at that stage, either go or be carried out in hand cuffs. This is the land of the free after all, we know not to mess with cops, right?

I used to fly a ton on United for work. They're ok once you make the premier status with extra leg room and priority boarding. Never saw anything bad happen, people usually volunteered - like Keiser above me said, they give nice value vouchers good for a RT ticket, so people usually go for it. 

The_Golden_Falcon #15 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10908 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostAndreas007, on Apr 10 2017 - 23:13, said:

Crazy thing is he is a doctor that had to be at work, that's why he refused to give up his and his wife's seats.

Just overall shocking.

You really believe that? They have people to replace him in his duties. Also if you read United's regs.- They had EVERY SINGLE right to kick him off. Even though it was wrong to drag him off he was asked nicely, but you know they never show any of those parts, this vids was used to create more drama by editing and making it seem like they did totally wrong.

Edited by The_Golden_Falcon, Apr 11 2017 - 06:21.

Classics4lyfe #16 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6850 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostThe_Golden_Falcon, on Apr 11 2017 - 06:18, said:

You really believe that? They have people to replace him in his duties. Also if you read United's regs.- They had EVERY SINGLE right to kick him off. Even though it was wrong to drag him off he was asked nicely, but you know they never show any of those parts, this vids was used to create more drama by editing and making it seem like they did totally wrong.

exactly they never show the first minute or 30 sec of these things for a reason because this is literally just to spread more drama and divisiveness among people.

Joliet_Jake_Blues #17 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3319 battles
The only thing a 60 year old Dr. wants, in my experience, is to say bend over and cough, then when he tries to give you an enema and you clock him, you get three more months. No one needs an old freaking doctor. Ever.

Asassian7 #18 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:34

Major

• Players
  • 22499 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
This is confirmed gameplay related

Scorpiany #19 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 06:45

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 28892 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 10 2017 - 21:47, said:

That's childish.

1) He's a doctor with patients to attend to
2) It was United's fault for overbooking, they did it intentionally to gain more money
3) United put their employee's flights over their customer's, even though they did not plan for the employees ahead of time as they should have.
4) They legally can and should offer vouchers of up to $1,400 in the event of needing to revoke someone's flight; and are legally obligated to provide compensation.

Even if the dude should have left the craft, there's no reason for United to partake in such scandalous business practices in the first place.

Edited by Scorpiany, Apr 11 2017 - 06:46.

Cutthroatlemur #20 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 07:04

Major

• Players
  • 16859 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 10 2017 - 20:47, said:

That's childish.

the man paid for his seat.  The airline should have kept offering higher payouts for people to volunteer their seats.  I bet by $1500 they would have any seat they needed.  That's a lot less than they will lose now with the bad PR, lawyer fees etc.  stupid move to involve the  security, just let capitalism and avarice fix the problem.  They made that flight less safe.  The pilot should bear some responsibility too, that happened on his plane.  Passengers were injured and traumatized.  This is beyond the pale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users