This is what happens when United Airlines needs your seat & you refuse

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #241 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 43943 battles

Dragging customers off their plane is not Uniteds only problem. :facepalm:

US Department of Transportation data shows 35 animals died in the course of air transport in 2015. Of those, United was responsible for the most of any US airline: 14.
http://www.newser.com/story/241836/uniteds-latest-headache-is-a-3-foot-long-one.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

I bet there are people who will be more upset over the dead rabbit than United having a man dragged off their plane.

Scorpion stings man on United flight to Calgary
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/scorpion-stings-man-on-united-flight-to-calgary.html

Klaatu_Nicto #242 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 43943 battles

View Post120mm_he, on Apr 25 2017 - 22:34, said:

That's the point. There is no correlation. It was pure random chance that caused this incident and not some endemic deficiency in the overall system. There are no airport cops bashing heads on flight after flight because customers are refusing to give up seats. This was a one off and the guy is going to make millions for a busted lip and his 15 minutes of internet fame. This is not the evil police state/corporate dystopia conspiracy you are looking for.

Nothing you are talking about is broken in the context of this incident. Again this was a one off and klatuu's examples are more of the same. Sure the poor woodcutter getting shot was terrible and from the looks of it mishandled by the courts afterwards but when you figure the about million strong police force interacts with the public at least three million times a day and over a billion a year and with all those countless chances day after day to be brutal you can only find a handful of incidents each year. For something that statistically is in the realm of getting struck by lightning on a sunny day I find it hard to equate it to a growing police state or that the majority of the serving officers are brownshirts waiting to pounce.

Justice Department Releases Investigative Findings on the Seattle Police Department

Based on a randomized, stratified and statistically valid sample of SPD’s use of force reports from Jan. 1, 2009, to April 4, 2011, factual findings include:

When SPD officers use force, they do so in an unconstitutional manner nearly 20 percent of the time;

SPD officers too quickly resort to the use of impact weapons, such as batons and flashlights. When SPD officers use batons, 57 percent of the time it is either unnecessary or excessive;

SPD officers escalate situations, and use unnecessary or excessive force, when arresting individuals for minor offenses. This trend is pronounced in encounters with persons with mental illnesses or those under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This is problematic because SPD estimates that 70 percent of use of force encounters involve these populations.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-releases-investigative-findings-seattle-police-department

This perfectly explains Seattle: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9056

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tsa+abuse

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Apr 26 2017 - 16:52.

SpitYoYoMafia #243 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 20:04

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

And by the way, officers are not above the law, if they show up and you have done nothing wrong and they proceed to infringe upon your rights, sue them, you will win.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself.

120mm_he #244 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 21:34

Major

• Players
  • 13603 battles
  • [PBS] PBS

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 26 2017 - 14:04, said:

And by the way, officers are not above the law, if they show up and you have done nothing wrong and they proceed to infringe upon your rights, sue them, you will win.

Exactly. You calmly state you rights and stand your ground. You don't flip out in an emotional meltdown of hostility. One method gets you on your way with minimal fuss the other gets you carried off in cuffs.

Kenshin2kx #245 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 21:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View Post120mm_he, on Apr 26 2017 - 10:34, said:

Exactly. You calmly state you rights and stand your ground. You don't flip out in an emotional meltdown of hostility. One method gets you on your way with minimal fuss the other gets you carried off in cuffs.

Unless, the end goal is predetermined, in which case (whether right or wrong) those who stand their ground get carried off by brute force.  Now to the point at hand ... Dr. Dao handled himself IMHO in a more 'adult' and 'calm' manner than those brought aboard to remove him.  According to what I can glean from the observations from fellow passengers ... Dr. Dao, while perplexed, and adamant ... did not elicit unreasonable levels of anger, let alone physical hostility ... until provoked ... and even then, settled into a passive limp state to minimize the violence done to him in his removal.  What he did do, is voice his displeasure in the form of verbal protest over the treatment ... again, not unreasonable given the situation.

120mm_he #246 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 13603 battles
  • [PBS] PBS

View PostKenshin2kx, on Apr 26 2017 - 15:43, said:

Unless, the end goal is predetermined, in which case (whether right or wrong) those who stand their ground get carried off by brute force.  Now to the point at hand ... Dr. Dao handled himself IMHO in a more 'adult' and 'calm' manner than those brought aboard to remove him.  According to what I can glean from the observations from fellow passengers ... Dr. Dao, while perplexed, and adamant ... did not elicit unreasonable levels of anger, let alone physical hostility ... until provoked ... and even then, settled into a passive limp state to minimize the violence done to him in his removal.  What he did do, is voice his displeasure in the form of verbal protest over the treatment ... again, not unreasonable given the situation.

Well that's certainly one way to look at it. :bajan:

SpitYoYoMafia #247 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View Post120mm_he, on Apr 26 2017 - 12:34, said:

where did this man meltdown?

show proof

the videos show him being calm

seems like you still know nothing come back after you do your research and stop listening to stupid rumors and false information like a sheep

by the way that officer was [edited] fired, and yet you're still defending him, how stupid are you?

also I already stated this before and I'm tired of repeating myself, you cannot incite violence then blame someone for not being rational after the fact, this is unlawful

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 26 2017 - 22:21.

Nunya_000 #248 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 26 2017 - 13:18, said:

by the way that officer was [edited] fired, and yet you're still defending him, how stupid are you?

Got a link for that?  As of 2 days ago, all officers involved were only suspended with pay pending investigation (as is normal).

Block Quote

The four officers named in the report -- Rodriguez, Long, Steve Smith and John T. Moore -- were all placed on leave within 10 days of the incident, documents show.

http://www.cnn.com/2...fficers-report/

SpitYoYoMafia #249 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 00:05

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Apr 26 2017 - 14:08, said:

Got a link for that?  As of 2 days ago, all officers involved were only suspended with pay pending investigation (as is normal).

http://www.cnn.com/2...fficers-report/

3 officers involved were suspended without pay, their statement about the first officer was that he did not follow proper procedure and this is a very serious case, the chances of him keeping his job is nil, and he's gonna need one with the lawsuit headed in his direction

and also that video I posted was proof that the security officer was lying about the situation and he's definitely not keeping his job

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 27 2017 - 00:07.

SpitYoYoMafia #250 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

This was his report

http://www.courier-j...port/306266001/

In writing:

http://heavy.com/new...ideo-passenger/

Now watch the original video and the one above

This security officer was clearly lying, so on top of the agency already stating that he did not follow the proper procedure, he is now lying. Do you think this man is going to keep his job?

Or what about what the CEO said?

"Shortly after the incident, CEO Oscar Munoz characterized Dao as "disruptive and belligerent" but following public backlash later issued statements and took to daytime television to apologize to the Kentucky doctor, saying in light of the "system failure" his airline will no longer use police to take booked, paid and seated passengers off planes."

If this is true and they were following proper procedure, why would they make this statement?

And they were not following proper procedure and they violated this mans rights.

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 27 2017 - 00:16.

Nunya_000 #251 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 26 2017 - 15:05, said:

3 officers involved were suspended without pay......

So, your claim that they were fired was a lie.  And without any creditable link, I would assume that the CNN article from 2 days ago that said they were placed on leave (leave is paid time off) is true and your claim they were suspended without pay is a lie as well.

Klaatu_Nicto #252 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 43943 battles

Here's something from 2014 about airline passengers being abused but because of bad language I don't think I should post the video on the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnkxxIKJAKU

SpitYoYoMafia #253 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Apr 26 2017 - 16:09, said:

So, your claim that they were fired was a lie.  And without any creditable link, I would assume that the CNN article from 2 days ago that said they were placed on leave (leave is paid time off) is true and your claim they were suspended without pay is a lie as well.

wow dog, I say one thing wrong and you jump on me, and I provided all this information that proved what I said was correct

also that officer is most likely going to be fired, he lied on the report and he did not follow proper procedure

instead of attacking just one point, why don't you try and attack my others, oh wait, you can't

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 27 2017 - 02:03.

Nunya_000 #254 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 26 2017 - 16:31, said:

Here's something from 2014 about airline passengers being abused but because of bad language I don't think I should post the video on the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnkxxIKJAKU

LOL!!

SpitYoYoMafia #255 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:05

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles
Here's a question, lets say you were supposed to do something a certain way and you lied to your bosses face saying that you followed proper procedure when you did not and it was proven that you did not follow the standards, do you think that you're still going to have your job?

Nunya_000 #256 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 20656 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 26 2017 - 17:02, said:

wow dog, I say one thing wrong and you jump on me, and I provided all this information that proved what I said was correct

also that officer is most likely going to be fired, he lied on the report and he did not follow proper procedure

instead of attacking just one point, why don't you try and attack my others, oh wait, you can't

Well...when you use a lie to insult others....in a thread where you have called others out for spreading false information, while you yourself are spreading false information.....

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 22 2017 - 07:11, said:

They breached the contract and the security guard was laid off,most likely fired.

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 26 2017 - 13:18, said:

It kind of kills any credibility you might have on any other point.

SpitYoYoMafia #257 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:13

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

Here's something else interesting, the officer in question said this

"Rodriguez's statement to his watch commander, along with another officer's statement which CNN has seen, was submitted "under duress," according to the report. "I am only giving this statement at this time because I know that I could lose my job if I refuse the direct order given to me," the statement reads."

But it is standard procedure to make a statement of the incident. What are you saying officer? That this is not standard procedure and that you were ordered to do so? Seems fishy to me.

SpitYoYoMafia #258 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Apr 26 2017 - 17:11, said:

Well...when you use a lie to insult others....in a thread where you have called others out for spreading false information, while you yourself are spreading false information.....

It kind of kills any credibility you might have on any other point.

Oh wow, I said one thing wrong and proved everyone else wrong with valid information!

Yea I'm a belligerent liar all right!

Also take a look at the statement I just posted. This guy is afraid that he is going to lose his job and rightfully so when the department said that he did not follow standard procedure. This guy also lied on the report and claimed that it was under"duress" when the standard practice is to make a report when an incident occurs. What duress??????

Your point is disregarded. My other information is backed up with factual information that cannot be proven wrong.

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 27 2017 - 02:15.

nuclearguy931 #259 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 68933 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 26 2017 - 10:35, said:

Dragging customers off their plane is not Uniteds only problem. :facepalm:

US Department of Transportation data shows 35 animals died in the course of air transport in 2015. Of those, United was responsible for the most of any US airline: 14.
http://www.newser.com/story/241836/uniteds-latest-headache-is-a-3-foot-long-one.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

I bet there are people who will be more upset over the dead rabbit than United having a man dragged off their plane.

Scorpion stings man on United flight to Calgary
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/scorpion-stings-man-on-united-flight-to-calgary.html

Of course there will be more people upset about the dead giant rabbit than the man pulled off the plane.

Just like in everyday real life people get bent out of shape and protest over animals being starved but you don't hear the same for a kid homeless and dying on the street.

Society as we know it is ****ed up.

SpitYoYoMafia #260 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 17652 battles

In case you still think that I'm lying this is from the CPA themselves

"The Chicago Department of Aviation said at the time that the incident "was not in accordance with our standard operating procedure, and the actions of the aviation security officer are obviously not condoned by the Department," referring to Long."

So yes, this man will likely be fired (if not already fired)

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 27 2017 - 02:22.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users