This is what happens when United Airlines needs your seat & you refuse

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

SpitYoYoMafia #261 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:27

Major

• Players
  • 16995 battles

And here is the official statement as to what actions the security officers were responsible for

"If there's no imminent threat, if there's no fight, if there's no danger to the passengers in the plane, then the role of the ASOs is to stay there, contain the situation until CPD (Chicago Police Department) arrives," Jeff Redding, a deputy commissioner overseeing airport security, told the aviation committee of the Chicago City Council on Thursday.
"Our protocol is not to go on the plane if it's a customer service issue," he said.
At least one of the officers in the videos was wearing a jacket emblazoned with the word "police," which officials banned several months ago, City Aviation Commissioner Ginger Evans told the panel.

At no point and time did they ever have the right to put their hands on this man according to their procedures, that's the CPD's job, and they likely would not have removed the man because he had the right to be on that plane, and this was an issue with the airline and its customers or in other words, a civil dispute, not a legal dispute.

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 27 2017 - 02:29.

SpitYoYoMafia #262 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 16995 battles

Holy [edited] man what's wrong with this company????? "Guys we'll give you 500 dollars if you don't sue us for what happened on the plane!" Yea, cuz 500 dollars is enough to make me decide to not take you to court for not upholding your services because of negligence or the trauma that the event caused (seeing a man be dragged and brutalized)

The fallout

In an email obtained by CNN, the airline told its passengers it was offering them $500 flight vouchers, but only if they agreed not to sue the company. A United representative later told CNN the airline did not mean to send emails with the "release of liability" language in them and that no passengers from Flight 3411 would have to agree to such terms to get their reimbursements.

mattwong #263 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:48

Major

• Players
  • 30234 battles

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 26 2017 - 20:05, said:

Here's a question, lets say you were supposed to do something a certain way and you lied to your bosses face saying that you followed proper procedure when you did not and it was proven that you did not follow the standards, do you think that you're still going to have your job?

That depends on how powerful your union is.

Klaatu_Nicto #264 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 43862 battles

You lead by example. This is an example of the example one agency is providing society.

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA

ROGER VANDERKLOK, Plaintiff, v. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,  et al., Defendants.

The Court dismissed Vanderklok’s claims against the Individual Officers and the City on September 30, 2015, (ECF Nos. 42, 43), ruling that the Individuals Officers had probable cause to arrest Vanderklok and, even had that not been the case, the Individual Officers were entitled to qualified immunity.

Vanderklok’s intentional tort claims against the United States are barred by sovereign immunity.  

https://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/15D0876P.pdf

SpitYoYoMafia #265 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 04:40

Major

• Players
  • 16995 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 26 2017 - 17:49, said:

You lead by example. This is an example of the example one agency is providing society.

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA

ROGER VANDERKLOK, Plaintiff, v. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,  et al., Defendants.

The Court dismissed Vanderklok’s claims against the Individual Officers and the City on September 30, 2015, (ECF Nos. 42, 43), ruling that the Individuals Officers had probable cause to arrest Vanderklok and, even had that not been the case, the Individual Officers were entitled to qualified immunity.

Vanderklok’s intentional tort claims against the United States are barred by sovereign immunity.  

https://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/15D0876P.pdf

that's ridiculous, they can literally send them through the machine and see that its not a damn bomb lol

also being locked in a jail cell for a day without charges? You must be joking, I'd take this case up to a higher court because if they do not have enough proof to arrest you then they should not be doing so

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Apr 27 2017 - 04:42.

Klaatu_Nicto #266 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 08:22

Major

• Players
  • 43862 battles

Bodily functions vs zero tolerance authoritarianism.

Delta passenger uses restroom before takeoff, gets bumped from flight

http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2017/04/26/delta-passenger-uses-restroom-before-takeoff-gets-bumped-from-flight/

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Apr 27 2017 - 08:25.

SpitYoYoMafia #267 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 13:17

Major

• Players
  • 16995 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 26 2017 - 23:22, said:

Bodily functions vs zero tolerance authoritarianism.

Delta passenger uses restroom before takeoff, gets bumped from flight

http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2017/04/26/delta-passenger-uses-restroom-before-takeoff-gets-bumped-from-flight/

that's actually his fault, he should have pissed before boarding the plane and as the pilot said they needed to take off or someone else would take their spot, if anything all he had to do was wait about 5 to 6 minutes and then go to the bathroom

we are adults, not children, act like one

Klaatu_Nicto #268 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 43862 battles

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 27 2017 - 04:17, said:

that's actually his fault, he should have pissed before boarding the plane and as the pilot said they needed to take off or someone else would take their spot, if anything all he had to do was wait about 5 to 6 minutes and then go to the bathroom

we are adults, not children, act like one

I'd like to hear more about all the circumstances about this incident and why running to the restroom then back to your seat while the plane is taxing towards the runway is a problem which requires the plane to deboard every passenger. Considering the lines you have to wait in sometimes at airports did he have a opportunity to use a restroom before he boarded the plane? Did he have urinary tract condition that made him unable to wait to go? Was urinating in his seat a good option?

In the 1980's a couple of times I got hit with a short term condition where when my body told me I had to urinate I had less then a minute to go otherwise it went and there was nothing I could do about it. It happened once in a computer store. I went up to the counter and asked if I could use their restroom but they said no. I rushed out of the store but before I could get anyplace to relieve myself I wet myself. Some people walking towards me could see the wet spot spreading down my legs. It was very embarrassing.

BTW, their refusal to let me use their restroom cost the computer store a multi hundred dollar sale that day and I never did business with them after that.

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, Apr 27 2017 - 16:51.

SpitYoYoMafia #269 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 16995 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 27 2017 - 07:48, said:

I'd like to hear more about all the circumstances about this incident and why running to the restroom then back to your seat while the plane is taxing towards the runway is a problem which requires the plane to deboard every passenger. Considering the lines you have to wait in sometimes at airports did he have a opportunity to use a restroom before he boarded the plane? Did he have urinary tract condition that made him unable to wait to go? Was urinating in his seat a good option?

In the 1980's a couple of times I got hit with a short term condition where when my body told me I had to urinate I had less then a minute to go otherwise it went and there was nothing I could do about it. It happened once in a computer store. I went up to the counter and asked if I could use their restroom but they said no. I rushed out of the store but before I could get anyplace to relieve myself I wet myself. Some people walking towards me could see the wet spot spreading down my legs. It was very embarrassing.

BTW, their refusal to let me use their restroom cost the computer store a multi hundred dollar sale that day and I never did business with them after that.

they can't take off unless all passengers (flight attendants included) are in their seats for safety reasons, if you aren't in your seat they don't get on the runway

Klaatu_Nicto #270 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 43862 battles

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Apr 27 2017 - 07:57, said:

they can't take off unless all passengers (flight attendants included) are in their seats for safety reasons, if you aren't in your seat they don't get on the runway

The article says "A flight attendant told him the plane would lose its place in line for takeoff" so it sounds like they were on the taxiway when this happened.

Update on the dead rabbit. Warning, article contains picture which once seen cannot be unseen.

United Airlines bunny death mystery deepens
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3423005/united-airlines-bunny-death-mystery-deepens-as-breeder-demands-the-body-back-and-airline-say-he-was-alive-on-board/

I did not know rabbits could get that big. I thought it was just science fiction.

Spoiler

Boars joining the war on terror, radioactive hogzillas in Japan and now herds of giant killer rabbits.

Jack booted thugs on airplanes now seems insignificant. ;)

SpitYoYoMafia #271 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 16995 battles

well you should be in your seat belt, give it 3 mins then you can go to the bathroom

And lol at the rabbit that's just hilarious!

Nunya_000 #272 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 19:26

Major

• Players
  • 20390 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 27 2017 - 08:38, said:

The article says "A flight attendant told him the plane would lose its place in line for takeoff" so it sounds like they were on the taxiway when this happened.

Update on the dead rabbit. Warning, article contains picture which once seen cannot be unseen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3423005/united-airlines-bunny-death-mystery-deepens-as-breeder-demands-the-body-back-and-airline-say-he-was-alive-on-board/

I did not know rabbits could get that big. I thought it was just science fiction.

Spoiler

Boars joining the war on terror, radioactive hogzillas in Japan and now herds of giant killer rabbits.

Kenshin2kx #273 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 23:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 13781 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Apr 27 2017 - 06:38, said:

Spoiler

Apparently the Flemish rabbit is the largest of the domesticated species ... the record holder "Darius" measures 4 feet 4 inches from snout to tail and weighs in at about 50 pounds.  There are numerous youtube videos on this record holder and it appears that the record is going to be broken by the offspring of Darius ... 

mattwong #274 Posted Apr 28 2017 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 30234 battles
I didn't realize how big rabbits could get until I was camping in the Wye Marsh area here in Ontario, and I unzipped the tent door and saw a humongous rabbit scampering away into the bush.  The rabbit was so big I was starting to wonder if I there might be a mad hatter around.

Klaatu_Nicto #275 Posted Apr 28 2017 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 43862 battles

My new computer was just delivered. It will take me a few hours to get it all set up and stuff downloaded.

It's speedier then my current computer so you'll be able to read my notes faster when I get back.

:rolleyes:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users