Sandbox's Frontline gamemode

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Frontline be in the game? (42 members have cast votes)

Answer with your honest opinion

1. Yes (40 votes [95.24%])

Percentage of vote: 95.24%

2. No (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

jackaroo0505 #1 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 22:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2564 battles

Hey devs, I really like the idea of Frontline. I know you want to see if it is actually a game mode people will play, but in the sandbox server, there are only a select few (or more) that will be able to give feedback; not the general target group. If you guys want to try to get a good opinion, try it on the Public Common test server to get an opinion from everyone who didn't get into the Sandbox server (I'm one of those) and can't send another application. I would really like to try it myself because I am all about that 30 V 30 action on that big map you got. I know I am not good, but sometimes people who aren't that good (maybe if they are given tier Xs to try what the pros do) have that really good player in them but can't let it out without a good tank to do well in. I'm just asking if I can get a shot at trying this game mode out, I could provide a lot of great feedback that will give you a lot of good info to make the game better. You still don't have to let me in personally to try it, I can wait for it to come out on the CT Server to try it out. Thanks!

Spoiler is for a thought (and something else) about Frontline.

Spoiler

ExclamationMarx #2 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 22:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1595 battles

View Postjackaroo0505, on Apr 11 2017 - 16:36, said:

Hey devs, I really like the idea of Frontline. I know you want to see if it is actually a game mode people will play, but in the sandbox server, there are only a select few (or more) that will be able to give feedback; not the general target group. If you guys want to try to get a good opinion, try it on the Public Common test server to get an opinion from everyone who didn't get into the Sandbox server (I'm one of those) and can't send another application. I would really like to try it myself because I am all about that 30 V 30 action on that big map you got. I know I am not good, but sometimes people who aren't that good (maybe if they are given tier Xs to try what the pros do) have that really good player in them but can't let it out without a good tank to do well in. I'm just asking if I can get a shot at trying this game mode out, I could provide a lot of great feedback that will give you a lot of good info to make the game better. You still don't have to let me in personally to try it, I can wait for it to come out on the CT Server to try it out. Thanks!

Spoiler is for a thought (and something else) about Frontline.

Spoiler

I am really looking forward to this! My only concern would be that the ranks actually earn you something, and that it won't just be tier 10, that there will be tier 6+ maybe?

Thoughts?

Gravtech #3 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 27238 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

It's not going to be below tier 10 because

A: WG wants to make more of an incentive to grind to tier 10

B: Because the map is so large, only tier 10 (and a few tier 9s) will be able to fully take advantage of the space.

Sarminia #4 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 17559 battles
  • [ANA] ANA

My answer to teh poll is not there : The game mode can be into world of tank be hes's not ready yet.

Mikosah #5 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 17436 battles
Demanding the player possess one tier 10 is one thing, but demanding they possess at least five tier 10s is another. I have yet to confirm for certain if you can re-use a tank that was destroyed, but last time I played it looked like destroyed tanks are removed from the list. If that's true, then the only way to fully participate is to own several tier 10s, and only a small percentage of the playerbase do so. If only those rare few even have the chance to play frontline in the first place, then consider the mode a gimmick. 

ClydeCooper421 #6 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 10140 battles

View PostMikosah, on Apr 11 2017 - 14:22, said:

Demanding the player possess one tier 10 is one thing, but demanding they possess at least five tier 10s is another. I have yet to confirm for certain if you can re-use a tank that was destroyed, but last time I played it looked like destroyed tanks are removed from the list. If that's true, then the only way to fully participate is to own several tier 10s, and only a small percentage of the playerbase do so. If only those rare few even have the chance to play frontline in the first place, then consider the mode a gimmick. 

You can switch from 2 tanks. You just can't use the same tank twice in a row. 

I hate this gamemode. It's stupid. It's chaotic. It's nonstrategic. It's laggy. Having to remain on 14 other people in normal battles to carry their wait is hard enough. You can only carry so hard. If this is released onto the live server as it is, it will be a worse failure then domination and rampage combined.

flarebomb #7 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 8879 battles
  • [5GTD] 5GTD

Really enjoyed the games I have played but I have three issues with it. the first is the monetary system which I hope/assume is just a placeholder so I'm not to worried about that; the second is the XP and again I am not to worried because i assume this is just a placeholder system.  the third is arty, the ranges are the issue with me,  when you play the Conqueror Gun Carriage its "special" feature is having that amazing gun ark to shoot at people on the back slope of hills and such, and as a result you have less range than the other arty.  With how big the maps are going to be in this mode the other arty can actually reach the extent of their range giving them almost as good of a shell trajectory just at a longer distance.  while this does increase the shell travel time making it harder to hit people who are moving unless they are in something like a slow (aka. Mouse is even more of a target now) there are 30 people to shoot at, and someone is bound to be sitting still somewhere.  this shorter range on the CGC is only better if the enemy are within 1 map squares distance, anything over that and any other arty is better; less risk of being spotted and ok - good shell ark.

Well there is my rant. love the mode, hope they can do something about this but if not I'm still going to play the crap out of my CGC.

ClydeCooper421 #8 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 10140 battles

View Postflarebomb, on Apr 11 2017 - 14:30, said:

Really enjoyed the games I have played but I have three issues with it. the first is the monetary system which I hope/assume is just a placeholder so I'm not to worried about that; the second is the XP and again I am not to worried because i assume this is just a placeholder system.  the third is arty, the ranges are the issue with me,  when you play the Conqueror Gun Carriage its "special" feature is having that amazing gun ark to shoot at people on the back slope of hills and such, and as a result you have less range than the other arty.  With how big the maps are going to be in this mode the other arty can actually reach the extent of their range giving them almost as good of a shell trajectory just at a longer distance.  while this does increase the shell travel time making it harder to hit people who are moving unless they are in something like a slow (aka. Mouse is even more of a target now) there are 30 people to shoot at, and someone is bound to be sitting still somewhere.  this shorter range on the CGC is only better if the enemy are within 1 map squares distance, anything over that and any other arty is better; less risk of being spotted and ok - good shell ark.

Well there is my rant. love the mode, hope they can do something about this but if not I'm still going to play the crap out of my CGC.

Arty being not as effective is my only + to this gamemode. Everything else about it sucks. 

BattleField_JM #9 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13987 battles
  • [TEMPL] TEMPL
Only tier 9-10 All classes and types of tanks tho you may choose

thandiflight #10 Posted Apr 11 2017 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 67582 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Economy sucks - repairs and ammo on tier Xs bad enough let alone going through multiple in same battle.

flarebomb #11 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 00:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 8879 battles
  • [5GTD] 5GTD

View PostClydeCooper421, on Apr 11 2017 - 22:36, said:

Arty being not as effective is my only + to this gamemode. Everything else about it sucks. 

Arty is just as effective in this mode if not more. being able to use their full range means that they can hit you in places they couldn't before because of the shell ark at large distances.

flarebomb #12 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 00:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 8879 battles
  • [5GTD] 5GTD

View Postthandiflight, on Apr 11 2017 - 22:54, said:

Economy sucks - repairs and ammo on tier Xs bad enough let alone going through multiple in same battle.

yea, hopeful they are just using a placeholder system from the current live or test server, they just need to make sure the mode works before they try to make the monetary system works . key word there is hopefully.

jackaroo0505 #13 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 01:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2564 battles

View PostGravtech, on Apr 11 2017 - 22:02, said:

It's not going to be below tier 10 because

A: WG wants to make more of an incentive to grind to tier 10

B: Because the map is so large, only tier 10 (and a few tier 9s) will be able to fully take advantage of the space.

​Oh, so you are saying that people (that can't grind to tier X because of bad luck and/ or cannot get enough silver) Has to spend $50-100+ To get to tier X to play the game mode? BS!!!!!

jester350 #14 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 18:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16205 battles
  • [C_O_G] C_O_G
You can reuse a tank after it's cool down. It places the one you have used at the far left of the list for some reason. Love the mode. The in game garage system needs work, but won't be so bad with your normal tire ten selection, unless you have that many. Lots of Billy goats I've noticed too. I found an over powered spot at the start of zone C that allowed me to reach general fast and stop any reinforcements from resetting the cap. With just one tank that is definitely OP. Also a spot between D and E that on defense allows me to reset 2 calls from one position. They will most likely patch these eventually. I think they should design those areas to be open and usable. By placing rocks they could stop the over powered bits and let players go up. I kind of like the multi elevation game play that would bring. Also as I flew around in spectator mode, which is awesome, I found out that even after using all my lives if you wait you gain another life at the end of the 5 minutes. That shouldn't be the case. If you run out of lives it should be game over. Need to recognize damage to bunkers. It is in no way counted currently. Maybe open it to 9s and 10s only. That would increase the player count enough when it goes live.

Quigley66 #15 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 04:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 48047 battles
  • [BARK] BARK

Best idea to come to WOT in a while. Advance to objective on expansive map, fabulous idea. 

Edited by Quigley66, Apr 13 2017 - 04:12.

Quigley66 #16 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 04:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 48047 battles
  • [BARK] BARK

Best idea to come to WOT in a while. Advance to objective on expansive map, fabulous idea. 

BUT unless average game times are reduced to 15min in Frontline vs the now 25min in the test, this game mode will fail. Random battles now stands at around 7min per game, and is one of the best things about WOT. Its the simplicity of quickly jumping in winning and jumping in again. Otherwise players will simply choose to do random, we've been conditioned. 

Respawns should be limited to 3. Attrition should be apart of winning and losing just like random. Bad play should hurt the team just like randoms, and should do so in 15min average game time not 25.  Do we really have to suffer thru 25 minutes to a loss. Resulting in a  failing mode.

Don't stray to far from random, in time frame, value of life and therefore the importance to team.

All players tanks available for appropriate tier usable. 

Larger platoons

Competitve ranking as battle progresses, super idea. Might help with those foundation building campers.

BladeHunternj #17 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 13:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 12632 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH

Hello

I got the mail to join the sandbox testing.

But when i click on download sandbox server it goes to a blank page

Can someone please help me

jackaroo0505 #18 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 22:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2564 battles

View PostBladeHunternj, on Apr 13 2017 - 12:48, said:

Hello

I got the mail to join the sandbox testing.

But when i click on download sandbox server it goes to a blank page

Can someone please help me

​You got in? What is your highest tier? I am good at the game and I didn't get in.

jjjwar #19 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 23:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17862 battles
I think it should it should be part of the regular game. I have played a half dozen games and it is fun.

flarebomb #20 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 00:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 8879 battles
  • [5GTD] 5GTD
ok i really like the game mode, but it is really starting to piss me off that every battle it crashes on joining, and every few battles it crashes every time i rejoin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users