frontline is going to fail just like rampage

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Mikosah #21 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 17418 battles

OP is overthinking things. The map seems to have enough diversity in its features to suit different playstyles. Some will be more relevant than others, but I can't think of any tank that would be outright useless. 

As for needing at least two tier 10s to fully participate, that's annoying but not the end of the world. Ideally all they'd have to do is let the same tank respawn repeatedly without the 2-minute 'repair time' in between and then it'd just be a matter of owning only one tier 10 tank. But I agree with the concern that only allowing this game mode to tier 10 is a major obstacle to this mode being popular. Even if it is more playable and fun than the randoms, that means nothing if only 5% of the total playerbase has access to it. And throwing in rentals doesn't really help in the long run. Tease the players all you want, you won't suddenly and magically motivate them to grind any harder than before. 

Same goes for the credit costs. No matter how much fun frontline is, if its a guaranteed credit drain then consider it a gimmick right from the start. 

But if these few issues were addressed, then the sky's the limit. 

_CHILL_ #22 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 19:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52570 battles
  • [TNSF] TNSF

View PostPipinghot, on Apr 12 2017 - 13:43, said:

I think you're probably joking, but just in case...

didnt you see my winky face.....yes was joking ;)

9gagger #23 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 19:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19151 battles
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 12 2017 - 13:58, said:

- I don't like that I have to have 2 complete tank configurations and crews for random battles and frontline

- I don't like the long respawn wait time

- I don't like the issue of not knowing which side I am on before I pick my first tank

- I don't like the campiness, corridor maps, and choke points

- I don't like the lack of freedom to play wherever I want on the map, whenever I want

- I don't like the strategy of overwhelming force which turns it into a brawling match

- I don't like the idea that everyone knows that the battle will be at the cap, so everyone knows where you will be going to

- I don't like the fact that it is difficult to maneuver around the map even with fast tanks unless you are behind friendly lines

So basically it's "going to fail" because you don't like it? heh

It's really different from Rampage mode and even though the map is huge, there are many respawn points which makes different tanks suitable for different stages. Slow and well armored tanks and also snipers can be useful to defend your base, fast tanks are useful on the middle parts of the map etc.

There are many things that could be changed, such as the HP of those turrets; and there are many things that worry me such as FPS drops. I'm alright with my desktop, from what I've seen it keeps the 60 FPS with Vsync, but my laptop might not be able to handle highest settings or even lower than that at a decent frame rate. But all in all, the game mode seems to be fun. If we get to make some credits and a lot of experience at the end of the battle, chances are it won't fail like Rampage did.

Edited by 9gagger, Apr 12 2017 - 19:31.

cheapbooks #24 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29409 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

first of all, there **ARE** respawns that take more than 30 seconds. I have waited 2:30 minutes before and I think once it was over 4 minutes

second, not everyone is a brawler. very few of us are spotters. spotters configure their tanks and crews for spotting. it is necessary in random battles because you don't know where the enemy is. in rampage and frontline, you almost always know where the enemy is so spotting is not useful. it is long range, so you need GLD and VSTAB, not coated optics and bincos. it costs a lot to reconfigure all of your crews and tanks for frontline or rampage, as I clearly explained.

the big failure with frontline and rampage is that they were separate game modes. at first people played the special mode, but they need to play their tier 4,5,6,7,8 tanks also, so they play random battles ore often. dividing or segregating your user base will kill any business or any game that requires people to be grouped together.

frontline is mostly long range sniping. how can you not see that? no matter what tank I play, almost all of the game play is long range sniping except for the final objectives. it requires different crew and equipment that would not be used in random battles. again, not all of us are camping in random battles (I am always on the front lines with my team behind me). in frontline I can't ever get to the frontlines.

I don't think a single person here predicted that rampage would not last. you all were excited about it, and didn't see the problems with it. frontline has the **same** problems that caused rampage to fail.

people rigged rampage because no one was playing. when no one was playing, it was easy to get your friends on your team or the opposite team. it didn't fail because it was being rigged, it was being rigged because it was failing to attract enough people.

a lot of what your replies were above are just wrong. perhaps you haven't played the game yet. the way the game is designed, it needs a major overhaul. the biggest problem I have with the game is the amount of time I am away from the action (slow respawn and driving across the map), and the fact that as soon as you are near the enemy you get attacked by 4 or 5 tanks. I like playing but I liked rampage way more.

everyone should be playing frontline. that means it needs to be for tier 4 tanks. then it would be more popular and have a higher chance of success. but WG will not do that. they are too concerned with the politics of the game (being 'real world accurate' which prevents us from having a polish tech tree, HD, too much focus on stats such as map spawn win rates, etc) as opposed to people playing.

the same will happen with frontline. rampage could have been easily fixed but it wasn't. they won't fix this either.

Quigley66 #25 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 03:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 47896 battles
  • [BARK] BARK
Incorrect, ridiculous, and too long. 

SmirkingGerbil #26 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 16:37

Major

• Players
  • 33597 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostBrummie96, on Apr 12 2017 - 11:25, said:

- This isn't any different than random battles, just more people and a lot bigger map. Don't really have to changes crews at all...

- Don't go off by yourself then you don't have to worry about getting surrounded my multiple tanks, make sure your teammates are around to support you.

- The caps are important because they add more time for the attackers.

- Map doesn't really have choke points because you can go to a different flank, so you cant just wait at the back for the attackers to cap everything then have 8-10 minutes to kill 12k hp

- As long as you stay alive for 5 minutes you get a life back...not that hard to do. Use the repair stations.

-You don't know if you attack or assault in the random battle game mode so how is that any different?

- Also killing the capers is quite important because that's the way to reset their cap points, damaging them only stalls it.

- Once the new defense/capture zone has been established the defenders can go back into the previous zone, it only limits you for a minute.

Also this game is in early development, don't say its going to fail just from playing it a few times before they have even tried to tweak it. Everyone is so quick to jump on the forums and bash on this new game mode without even letting it develop, just be patient people. I believe this game mode is going to be a lot of fun when it gets released.

Agreed, just waiting for the MM fix, and other updates. Currently 5K HP imbalanced blowouts with roll face on keyboard tier 10 yolo-bads is untenable. I am patient, it will get fixed.

Rin_ #27 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 16:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 16111 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 12 2017 - 21:52, said:

frontline is mostly long range sniping. how can you not see that? no matter what tank I play, almost all of the game play is long range sniping except for the final objectives. 

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 12 2017 - 17:58, said:

Rampage and frontline are very very brawl oriented, so you need to have anything that improves repair ability, and anything that improves the gun handling.

Now this is truly quality entertainment.

oldiowaguy #28 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15526 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 12 2017 - 14:52, said:

first of all, there **ARE** respawns that take more than 30 seconds. I have waited 2:30 minutes before and I think once it was over 4 minutes

Most respawns are 15-30 seconds. If you waited 2:30 or the 4 minutes it is because you yolo and were killed right away. There is a time limit before the next respawn.

second, not everyone is a brawler. very few of us are spotters. spotters configure their tanks and crews for spotting. it is necessary in random battles because you don't know where the enemy is. in rampage and frontline, you almost always know where the enemy is so spotting is not useful. it is long range, so you need GLD and VSTAB, not coated optics and bincos. it costs a lot to reconfigure all of your crews and tanks for frontline or rampage, as I clearly explained.

Didn't have a problem playing the T49, spotting for 3500 damage and doing 5000+ derping  clip reloading TVPs and BatChats.

the big failure with frontline and rampage is that they were separate game modes. at first people played the special mode, but they need to play their tier 4,5,6,7,8 tanks also, so they play random battles ore often. dividing or segregating your user base will kill any business or any game that requires people to be grouped together.

frontline is mostly long range sniping. how can you not see that? no matter what tank I play, almost all of the game play is long range sniping except for the final objectives. it requires different crew and equipment that would not be used in random battles. again, not all of us are camping in random battles (I am always on the front lines with my team behind me). in frontline I can't ever get to the frontlines.

Way different experience than I had. I kept moving, engaging, then falling back, repairing, relocating, then engaging again. Looking at after battle reports show campers/snipers weren't doing alot of damage.

I don't think a single person here predicted that rampage would not last. you all were excited about it, and didn't see the problems with it. frontline has the **same** problems that caused rampage to fail.

people rigged rampage because no one was playing. when no one was playing, it was easy to get your friends on your team or the opposite team. it didn't fail because it was being rigged, it was being rigged because it was failing to attract enough people.

a lot of what your replies were above are just wrong. perhaps you haven't played the game yet. the way the game is designed, it needs a major overhaul. the biggest problem I have with the game is the amount of time I am away from the action (slow respawn and driving across the map), and the fact that as soon as you are near the enemy you get attacked by 4 or 5 tanks. I like playing but I liked rampage way more.

There are different areas to respawn in. You must have chosen ones that were far away from the front.

everyone should be playing frontline. that means it needs to be for tier 4 tanks. then it would be more popular and have a higher chance of success. but WG will not do that. they are too concerned with the politics of the game (being 'real world accurate' which prevents us from having a polish tech tree, HD, too much focus on stats such as map spawn win rates, etc) as opposed to people playing.

Pretty sure this will be opened up to different tiers. This is the first few days of testing. They always start us out with only tier 10s at first.

the same will happen with frontline. rampage could have been easily fixed but it wasn't. they won't fix this either.

GeorgePreddy #29 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 14282 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Post_CHILL_, on Apr 12 2017 - 14:39, said:

wargaming did it for them........5 man platoons ;)

But that's a lower number, percentage-wise, than a 3 man platoon in a 15 man team.

_Tsavo #30 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 36127 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Lolwut.  Only a few days into sandbox, with a still very rough mode, and it's failed?

Hahahahahahahahah

GeorgePreddy #31 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 14282 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 12 2017 - 17:52, said:

[that's because you are DYING too quickly & that is on you, to get a normal 30 second re-spawn you first must live for 5 minutes (to keep players from yoloing over and over).]

second, not everyone is a brawler. very few of us are spotters. spotters configure their tanks and crews for spotting. it is necessary in random battles because you don't know where the enemy is. in rampage and frontline, you almost always know where the enemy is so spotting is not useful. [spotting is ALWAYS useful, enemies don't normally get shot until someone SPOTS them]

the big failure with frontline and rampage is that they were separate game modes. at first people played the special mode, but they need to play their tier 4,5,6,7,8 tanks also, so they play random battles ore often. dividing or segregating your user base will kill any business or any game that requires people to be grouped together.  [It can be a separate MODE if it is WORTH playing as far as the masses are concerned]

I don't think a single person here predicted that rampage would not last. you all were excited about it, and didn't see the problems with it. frontline has the **same** problems that caused rampage to fail.   [Actually, I was sure Rampage wouldn't last... terrible economy and full of gadgets like re-spawn / repair stations / "flag football"... blech !!]

people rigged rampage because no one was playing. when no one was playing, it was easy to get your friends on your team or the opposite team. it didn't fail because it was being rigged, it was being rigged because it was failing to attract enough people.  [Plus they offered an OP tier 10 tank as a reward with missions near impossible to complete to earn it, hope they learned a lesson]

a lot of what your replies were above are just wrong. perhaps you haven't played the game yet. the way the game is designed, it needs a major overhaul. the biggest problem I have with the game is the amount of time I am away from the action (slow respawn  [again... your own fault for dying quickly]  and driving across the map), and the fact that as soon as you are near the enemy you get attacked by 4 or 5 tanks [which is also your fault as you can stay with your main force]. I like playing but I liked rampage way more.   [Rampage sux in so many ways]

iAmEbola #32 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 10131 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Post_Tsavo, on Apr 13 2017 - 10:29, said:

Lolwut.  Only a few days into sandbox, with a still very rough mode, and it's failed?

Hahahahahahahahah

I got accepted today to knock down Castles in the Sandbox!  :izmena:

However, I only have 1 Tier X to try Frontline though.  Will they allow the same tank to respawn?  Or do I have to mass grind my M103 to get the E5 before I can play?

_Tsavo #33 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 36127 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostiAmEbola, on Apr 13 2017 - 11:50, said:

However, I only have 1 Tier X to try Frontline though.  Will they allow the same tank to respawn?  Or do I have to mass grind my M103 to get the E5 before I can play?

You'll have ALL tier 8 lights and tier 10 tanks.

We should too in that mode C:

iAmEbola #34 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 18:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 10131 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

View Post_Tsavo, on Apr 13 2017 - 10:52, said:

You'll have ALL tier 8 lights and tier 10 tanks.

We should too in that mode C:

Oh geez, duh...I knew that.  WOW...need to find some caffeine...stat!

RC_1140 #35 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 18:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49469 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Personally I'm finding it awesome, and there are locations for all tanks and play styles. I set up all my tanks how they are set up on the live server and did just fine. I think you should spend some time exploring the map, not like anything bad happens if you lose. Also free cam when you die is good for checking the map out. This mode is the best time I've had in wot in ages. 

KingofDragons #36 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 18:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14437 battles

1) If your not running a premium account you won't be playing.. This Mode costs tons to play..

2) You do need to know if your attacking / defending , before the game starts so you can pick the right tank for the job..

3) You can wait up to 5 minutes if you lose your tanks quickly.. Ive waited couple minutes , which is frustrating when your on the losing side ..

4) There has to be another option so you can at least go back to garage to setup another tank.. Flying like superman is kinda fun and you do collect info on enemy positioning and tank types so going back to garage option is a must .. 

5) There needs to be a way to see how many credits you are spending as game progresses.. Playing random battle you know exactly how much your max can be.. This is more like having a tab at the pub .. your having a great time till the bill comes in..

6) Repair kit timer.. Much needed..

7) To help with profits maybe have free repairs .. i know we get charged for tank replacement but didn't notice if we get charged for every repairs..

8) Like mentioned No one likes to wait around.. no timer on returning to battle.. You will be using time  picking next tank and maybe re-equipping ..

SmirkingGerbil #37 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 33597 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostiAmEbola, on Apr 13 2017 - 10:50, said:

Me too, but I haven't played WoT in a month, except for one 5 game streak that was as bad as I remember. Boats for me!

cheapbooks #38 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 00:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29409 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

I just want to add that whether the fighting is done at close range or at long range, it is still mostly brawling.

there is no flanking, little need for scouting, you know exactly where the enemy is going to be (at the cap or the turret), no places for passive spotting.

on the second day I played, I've noticed that players are getting better. now they almost always try to cap when on the first day I played people just didn't know what to do. also I realize that you can't drive anywhere on the map at the start, or just after territory trades hands, but now I understand that there is only 1 airstrike per sector, so you can re-enter sectors after the airstrike in that sector has happened. this is not clear when playing the game (yesterday I had a game where 7 to 10 team mates got wiped out in an airstrike because they didn't know they had to leave, even though we were begging them to head north).

MajorRenegade #39 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 23:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25541 battles

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 13 2017 - 16:58, said:

there is no flanking

i stopped reading here. That is a total lie, there is plenty of room to flank on a 3kmx3km map

Edited by MajorRenegade, Apr 14 2017 - 23:44.

ThereIsNoCloud #40 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 11:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10208 battles

View PostDogsoldier6, on Apr 12 2017 - 12:13, said:

A better fix, and pretty simple............................

1) Forget the entire idea of attacker/defender.

2) Place three or five cap circles across the center of the map, first team to capture two/three win.

3) Put the Spawn and Re-Spawn points at the very edge of each sides starting positions.

4) Put the repair/load up points half way between the re-spawn points and the cap circles.

When they first announced Frontline, I was sure it was a mega 30.v.30 battle of a 3kmX3km map, and not this subdivised map version we got.  Why make it simple and fun, when you can complicate things uselessly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users