Frontline or (Backline) ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

RedFist #1 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 20:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 17169 battles
After reading forum posts after Frontline, I didn't really find any topic that I could associate with.  So, here's my interpretation after a few battles.

1)  I like the flexibility of many available tanks.
     - maybe consider a 4(or 3) tank limit?

2)  Re-spawn time seems reasonable.  Not five minutes like another posted, unless you were tagged at spawning.
     - cut the number of total respawns to maybe 4, this way a dominating team can win sooner by overwhelming the enemy.
     - battle duration is way too long. shouldn't take 25 minutes or more to play one battle. shorten timing for winning/defeats

3)  I like the repair/resupply points, however, camping enemy tanks will obliterate you if you need to wait to use the repair.
     - I played a 155-58 for an entire battle, over 25 minutes, firing over 40 shots. 
     - In several cases I was firing the next round, before the prior round hit. 
     - hitting moving targets at any distance has almost no chance of happening.
     - I could move to a clear sector while reloading well in advance of any approaching enemy, then turn and drop ordinance on them. 
          - is this fair?

4) Massive battle field could enable 45 per side, in fact, may be better than the 30 v.
     - make the 30v on a 4 km2 map, put 45(or more) on a 9 km2 map

As I come up with other ideas, I'll add them here.  Otherwise, m8s... feel free to "pick this apart"

RedFist

Quigley66 #2 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 03:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 50325 battles
  • [BARK] BARK
RedFist, right on! Battle length a negative, Quick games, one of the most appealing things about WOT. AND redundent maps the most negative. Applaud wargaming for expansive map attempt with advance to objectives goals. 3 respawns about right, less respawns shortens the game, and makes players value their lives and play accordingly. Games that last 25mins will lead to failure of this game mode. Finally, why not 45 vs 45?

cheapbooks #3 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32664 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

you said: "2)  Re-spawn time seems reasonable.  Not five minutes like another posted, unless you were tagged at spawning."

you are completely wrong. you are saying this because you are not a frontline player (a player who gets spotted first by the enemy team). light tanks and scouts get killed fast, sometimes in the first 10 seconds in the game. then you need to wait 5 minutes to respawn in many cases. this is not fair.

scouting is an essential part of the game, and the faster the tank I played, the quicker I died, because I am the one doing all the hard work of spotting and scouting the enemy for you. sometimes you can't avoid dying quickly. it is a part of scouting.

at this point, I am only playing light tanks in frontline. I have gotten 15,000 or so spotting damage, and I have saved the team so many times because I go in and out fast and spot the cap for reset or kill, or to spot enemy arty, or to spot the enemy team so you can shoot at them. but it is a high risk.

the 5 minute respawn is only good for campers.

RedFist #4 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 22:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 17169 battles

View Postcheapbooks, on Apr 13 2017 - 19:22, said:

you said: "2)  Re-spawn time seems reasonable.  Not five minutes like another posted, unless you were tagged at spawning."

you are completely wrong. you are saying this because you are not a frontline player (a player who gets spotted first by the enemy team). light tanks and scouts get killed fast, sometimes in the first 10 seconds in the game. then you need to wait 5 minutes to respawn in many cases. this is not fair.

scouting is an essential part of the game, and the faster the tank I played, the quicker I died, because I am the one doing all the hard work of spotting and scouting the enemy for you. sometimes you can't avoid dying quickly. it is a part of scouting.

at this point, I am only playing light tanks in frontline. I have gotten 15,000 or so spotting damage, and I have saved the team so many times because I go in and out fast and spot the cap for reset or kill, or to spot enemy arty, or to spot the enemy team so you can shoot at them. but it is a high risk.

the 5 minute respawn is only good for campers.

​My very first battle was in the 155 58.  I was spotted within the first few seconds of the battle and was killed.  lesson learned... find cover faster at spawn.  Still favor a few minutes to wait for a respawn due to player stupidity(mine). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users