Dear Wargaming, (9.18 Light Tanks Petition)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Spartan_Striker #1 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20315 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Dear Wargaming,

We the player base strongly disagree with your decision to heavily nerf light tanks. (both tier 10 and otherwise)

You have turned them from being the perfect support/scout tanks into piles of rubble.

They were fine as they were. Really.

Their abysmal penetration, accuracy, dpm, as well as armor and hp let mediums keep their role as the tank that can perform at any distance and brawl effectively with other mediums, and become a major push-force on the battlefield.

For a tier 10 light tank to be effective, it had to be within 150 meters.

Your decision to nerf the dpm of lights, as well as the gun handling of many of them was completely unnecessary.

Scouts need decent guns to be effective. The era of scouting is passing, and light tanks can no longer be used for scouting only.

The number of city maps and otherwise close-quarters means light tanks are useless on those maps without half-decent guns.

On open maps, light tanks also have to worry about conserving hp and being effective at avoiding fire more than any other class.

The risk of getting aggressive spotting and targets for your team is costly enough.

Not only this Wargaming, but you have caused Light tanks to fail at the roll you so adamantly claim they were designed for: Scouting.

Most of the light tanks (including tier 10's)   now have view range worse than tier 10 mediums.

How can a tank designed for spotting have worse view range than tanks that were meant as a major firepower class?

We demand the logic in this.

Tier 10 heavy tanks have more view range than some tier 10 light tanks now.

This is messed up completely.

We looked forward to light tanks with eager eyes when the 2nd version of 9.18 came out - it was at this point that light tanks were at absolute perfection (neither overpowered or underpowered) - Then the micro-patch came and ruined them.

You spotted a few people in the crowd with frowns and decided to go with THAT opinion.

Wargaming, you simply can't act on the pleas of a player base % that is less than 2% when 98% is perfectly happy with it.

You will always have someone unhappy with tanks that can play well in the right hands.

In fact, light tanks required an immense skill cap to play effectively.

Now that skill cap has been raised so high, that now the only real way to play tier 10 light tanks is to sit behind your own mediums and hope for an occasional tracking shot (or who knows, maybe even one that does damage ever 10th time?)

At the 2nd iteration of the 9.18 common test, I played mediums to see how it felt playing against the new light tanks.

It was a true joy. They couldn't pen me, they couldn't out-shoot me.

I in the meantime, I auto-penned them every time,and chewed them up in a matter of seconds.

Do you not see, Wargaming?

ou listened to the pleas of a few hundred people that "lights were going to replace mediums."

Light tanks will never even begin replace mediums

Please review the following comparisons of tier 10 meds and their respective tier 10 light tank counterparts:

http://tanks.gg/v091...-140?t=t-100-lt

http://tanks.gg/v091...ard-1?t=rhm-pzw

http://tanks.gg/v091...-t?t=amx-13-105

http://tanks.gg/v091...sheridan_000000

You then decided to nerf light tanks even more and make the class very bland and not useful in battle.

Sure I will still play them occasionally, because I love light tank gameplay in general.

But I will not play them more than 1 or 2 games per session,

I will not be playing them in clan wars.

I will not be recommending them to anyone.

I won't have as much fun playing them as I do in my other tank classes.

(The nerfs we are unhappy with include those done to tiers 5-9)

Please revert light tanks to their status  in the 2nd version of 9.18 Common Test. (before the micro-patch)

On the off-hand chance you read this, Wargaming, thank you for your time.

Signed,

The Whole of the Wot Playerbase    (except for that 1 guy you will find in the comments below)

Edited by Spartan_Striker, Apr 12 2017 - 21:48.

razzi123 #2 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Apr 12 2017 - 15:39, said:

Dear Wargaming,

We the player base strongly disagree with your decision to heavily nerf light tanks. (both tier 10 and otherwise)

You have turned them from being the perfect support/scout tanks into piles of rubble.

They were fine as they were. Really.

Their abysmal penetration, accuracy, dpm, as well as armor and hp let mediums keep their role as the tank that can perform at any distance and brawl effectively with other mediums, and become a major push-force on the battlefield.

For a tier 10 light tank to be effective, it had to be within 150 meters.

Your decision to nerf the dpm of lights, as well as the gun handling of many of them was completely unnecessary.

Scouts need decent guns to be effective. The era of scouting is passing, and light tanks can no longer be used for scouting only.

The number of city maps and otherwise close-quarters means light tanks are useless on those maps without half-decent guns.

On open maps, light tanks also have to worry about conserving hp and being effective at avoiding fire more than any other class.

The risk of getting aggressive spotting and targets for your team is costly enough.

Not only this Wargaming, but you have caused Light tanks to fail at the roll you so adamantly claim they were designed for: Scouting.

Most of the light tanks (including tier 10's)   now have view range worse than tier 10 mediums.

How can a tank designed for spotting have worse view range than tanks that were meant as a major firepower class?

We demand the logic in this.

Tier 10 heavy tanks have more view range than some tier 10 light tanks now.

This is messed up completely.

We looked forward to light tanks with eager eyes when the 2nd version of 9.18 came out - it was at this point that light tanks were at absolute perfection (neither overpowered or underpowered) - Then the micro-patch came and ruined them.

You spotted a few people in the crowd with frowns and decided to go with THAT opinion.

Wargaming, you simply can't act on the pleas of a player base % that is less than 2% when 98% is perfectly happy with it.

You will always have someone unhappy with tanks that can play well in the right hands.

In fact, light tanks required an immense skill cap to play effectively.

Now that skill cap has been raised so high, that now the only real way to play tier 10 light tanks is to sit behind your own mediums and hope for an occasional tracking shot (or who knows, maybe even one that does damage ever 10th time?)

At the 2nd iteration of the 9.18 common test, I played mediums to see how it felt playing against the new light tanks.

It was a true joy. They couldn't pen me, they couldn't out-shoot me.

I in the meantime, I auto-penned them every time,and chewed them up in a matter of seconds.

Do you not see, Wargaming?

ou listened to the pleas of a few hundred people that "lights were going to replace mediums."

Light tanks will never even begin replace mediums

You then decided to nerf light tanks even more and make the class very bland and not useful in battle.

Sure I will still play them occasionally, because I love light tank gameplay in general.

But I will not play them more than 1 or 2 games per session,

I will not be playing them in clan wars.

I will not be recommending them to anyone.

I won't have as much fun playing them as I do in my other tank classes.

(The nerfs we are unhappy with include those done to tiers 5-9)

Please revert light tanks to their status  in the 2nd version of 9.18 Common Test. (before the micro-patch)

On the off-hand chance you read this, Wargaming, thank you for your time.

Signed,

The Whole  Most of the Wot Playerbase    (except for that 1 guy you will find in the comments below)

Agreed, but the players that whined are primarily medium drivers that feel that their OP tank lines, were finally going to get balanced by something that can out spot them....

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #3 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

mostly agree with you

except the T-100's armor nerf.  that needed to happen.it was more armor(and indeed it kinda still is) than alot of meds. (still confused how T-100 is a light, and leo is a med....weight aside the t-100 is more a med than leo ......poor weak leo)

other than that.  i'll sign your post.

DemonShadow423 #4 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 15451 battles
  • [PLTNM] PLTNM
I agree strongly with this post. I was looking forward to playing some of the new lights, but now there is literally no reason to play them other than doing missions.

Spartan_Striker #5 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20315 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Apr 12 2017 - 14:43, said:

mostly agree with you

except the T-100's armor nerf.  that needed to happen.it was more armor(and indeed it kinda still is) than alot of meds. (still confused how T-100 is a light, and leo is a med....weight aside the t-100 is more a med than leo ......poor weak leo)

other than that.  i'll sign your post.

Indeed- that lower plate was the only problem... Forget to mention that :)

lordawesome7 #6 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17989 battles
  • [QSSF] QSSF

nice petition you got that shows the whole WoT playerbase minus that one guy

for real though, some of the nerfs were justified, T100 was stupid OP pre nerf, now its really balanced and same with the bulldog, everyone and their mother abused that 10 clip autoloader

others like the whole french line are as good as crapnow and they weren't even that good pre nerf either

however if they were too powerful, they really would take the spot of mediums since they keep FULL CAMO ON THE MOVE, so if their firepower was too close to their medium counterparts, no one would play mediums, though i'll agree some of the view range nerfs hit pretty hard (but within reason)

LordSerb #7 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 7433 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
lol what is this new cancerous trend?  We are the dead North American server, we dont have a voice.  Maybe if this was on RU it would have some momentum.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #8 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Apr 12 2017 - 13:48, said:

Indeed- that lower plate was the only problem... Forget to mention that :)

one thing that confuses me is Sheridan's derp gun

its worthless for tier 10.  maybe WG should give it the arty stun ability (was a topic on this on reddit).   would give the derp sheridan a fun playstyle =D

Kamahl1234 #9 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 17356 battles
  • [_-D-_] _-D-_

I feel a lot of people are missing that view range is super potent in battles, and having tanks with some serious ability to spot (some up to 603m, highest I personally saw) could easily create problems for the overall game, as this could mean that camo becomes irrelevant if one of those tanks exist in battle. 

Like seriously, these tanks were really freaking potent pre-nerf. Have WG over-nerfed the tanks? Maybe. But I really think we need to realize that pre-nerf was nowhere near perfection with some of the tanks being downright OP. 

thandiflight #10 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 68269 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
The purpose of the patch was supposed to give light tanks meaning. It has given them meaning and the meaning is "f*ck you light tank players". GG

thandiflight #11 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 68269 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKamahl1234, on Apr 12 2017 - 20:52, said:

I feel a lot of people are missing that view range is super potent in battles, and having tanks with some serious ability to spot (some up to 603m, highest I personally saw) could easily create problems for the overall game, as this could mean that camo becomes irrelevant if one of those tanks exist in battle. 

Like seriously, these tanks were really freaking potent pre-nerf. Have WG over-nerfed the tanks? Maybe. But I really think we need to realize that pre-nerf was nowhere near perfection with some of the tanks being downright OP. 

because low tiers are a great place to formulate an opinion of tier X lights....

LpBronco #12 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 21:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35153 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

Lites camo values have always been balanced with a lack of view range that could be worked around with the right equipment and perks and it looks like Wargaming is intending to maintain this overall relationship with the other classes. For once, I'm saying thank you Wargaming.

We have a very good game here and the last thing I want is to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Spartan_Striker #13 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20315 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostKamahl1234, on Apr 12 2017 - 14:52, said:

In that case, mediums and heavies need view range nerfs.

At the moment, heavies and mediums by simply mounting optics instead of vents can be more effective scouts while poking ridges, and have the hp and armor to survive!

LordSerb #14 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:01

Major

• Players
  • 7433 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I hope lights get nerfed harder.  Tired of getting spotted in my 268 with a camo net on cause a T8 light has 500+ view range.

BigRedTankGuy #15 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:02

Captain

• Players
  • 28045 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

I was looking forward to the new light tanks but after this last nerf, Two thumbs down.

I've stopped any plans on pre-grinding exp for the lights. I really don't care about them anymore at this point.

WG just keeps messing them up. Its drained all the enthusiasm right out of their release.

Let the meds rule the top tiers, don't disturb the current meta.  :facepalm:

OurBoyRoy #16 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:03

Major

• Players
  • 44495 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Apr 12 2017 - 15:59, said:

Lites camo values have always been balanced with a lack of view range that could be worked around with the right equipment and perks and it looks like Wargaming is intending to maintain this overall relationship with the other classes. For once, I'm saying thank you Wargaming.

We have a very good game here and the last thing I want is to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Where did you get this idea from? Most scouts have equal or slightly higher view range than the tanks of similar mm

baymbaym #17 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24020 battles
Signed. Most of the people who complained about the new lights being op have either never even tried them or want to continue owning everything in their 140 without any new opposition. The new lights would've been the 1 thing that brought me back to this game, but the nerfs they have given them doesn't make me want to play them anymore, and I tested them extensively on the sandbox and Test server. Also, revert the VK 2801 derp gun and 59 16 autoloader prune please, those tanks were iconic for those guns. 

Seguita #18 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:10

Captain

• Players
  • 42535 battles
  • [-4K-] -4K-
Leopard and AMX 30b will be [edited]after 9.18 (World of Light Tanks) goddamn.

Silversound #19 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:13

Major

• Players
  • 34115 battles
  • [GUNS5] GUNS5

Light tanks take skill.

Skill kills new players.

New players generate cash.

Cash keeps game going.

Moral: Don't create a scenario where skill pushes way customers.

I agree with OP, but understand WG's process.

This game has pretty much run its course with me. I stay for my guild. Not the game... Sad.

xrays_ #20 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:17

Major

• Players
  • 41668 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

One step forward, two steps back... First of all, the game didn't need Tier X Light Tanks a tall, so there's that. Then, most existing LTs could have been easily balanced with only minor adjustments and had their MM adjusted to be same Tier as with other tanks - the simple fact that the few Premium LTs won't be adjusted shows that. Then we're also throwing in a whole host of changes to artillery, so basically we have a whole whack of changes at once that could set this game back to the dark ages, but hey, wasn't that what the Sandbox Server was supposed to test?

It seems as though WG is intent on destroying their game more and more with each patch. And quite simply, whether anyone cares or not, these changes do not, in any way, reflect my wishes for the future of the game. I guess I'm just about done playing World of Tanks... It was a good run.

x.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users