Dear Wargaming, (9.18 Light Tanks Petition)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

YANKEE137 #21 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4862 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT
Coming soon : Objekt 252S  light weight. Glorious Soviet scout tank. Much faster than regular 252!

KaiserWilhelmShatner #22 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:25

Major

• Players
  • 11719 battles
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1
WG said hey, what can we do to make lights less of a threat to other classes.  They decided to run with the answer of the guy whom's best friend is a bottle of clear liquid substance that is distilled from a potato.

thandiflight #23 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 68201 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostLpBronco, on Apr 12 2017 - 20:59, said:

Lites camo values have always been balanced with a lack of view range that could be worked around with the right equipment and perks and it looks like Wargaming is intending to maintain this overall relationship with the other classes. For once, I'm saying thank you Wargaming.

We have a very good game here and the last thing I want is to throw the baby out with the bath water.

With respect I don't think you really have a clue about the light tank meta. The entire purpose of lights is speed, camo and view range. The guns aren't particularly competitive when compared to the mediums that MM has played them as (i.e. a tier higher) nor have they had the survivability. Most maps do not favour light tank play. You can reduce the disadvantages that the lights have with play-style - but even that is limited. Now they don't have competitive guns, they don't have competitive view range - and in some cases they don't even have competitive camo (go and look at the values). So they are left with some speed. Their survivability remains low. Is their any point to these tanks then? Are they vaguely competitive on the maps we have? No. An emphatic NO.

LpBronco #24 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 23:02

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35153 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostOurBoyRoy, on Apr 12 2017 - 16:03, said:

Where did you get this idea from? Most scouts have equal or slightly higher view range than the tanks of similar mm

Will specific tank comparisons work for you as my 62A out spots my 54 lwt and my RU251. This isn't the only example I could use as presently mediums and lites in game with equivalent crews would see the view range battle go to the mediums but it's the greater camo values that turn that into a net minus as with equipment and crew skills I can come up to near parity. This is the way its always played. Not sure where matchmaking comes into play as yes a tier 8 scout will definitely have an advantage over a tier 8 medium but the calculations have always been in context of battle tier. Just because you've decided to bring out an additional tier of lites doesn't mean that basic relationship should change and somehow they should now be superior.  

LpBronco #25 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 23:05

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35153 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View Postthandiflight, on Apr 12 2017 - 16:49, said:

With respect I don't think you really have a clue about the light tank meta. The entire purpose of lights is speed, camo and view range. The guns aren't particularly competitive when compared to the mediums that MM has played them as (i.e. a tier higher) nor have they had the survivability. Most maps do not favour light tank play. You can reduce the disadvantages that the lights have with play-style - but even that is limited. Now they don't have competitive guns, they don't have competitive view range - and in some cases they don't even have competitive camo (go and look at the values). So they are left with some speed. Their survivability remains low. Is their any point to these tanks then? Are they vaguely competitive on the maps we have? No. An emphatic NO.

Yes they have camo and speed and that's the equalizer not view range . Yes, you can improve on the basics but at the end of the day it is lites camo on the move that is their true superiority.

BigRedTankGuy #26 Posted Apr 12 2017 - 23:23

Captain

• Players
  • 28045 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostYANKEE137, on Apr 12 2017 - 22:17, said:

Coming soon : Objekt 252S  light weight. Glorious Soviet scout tank. Much faster than regular 252!

Ya the only way your going to get a good light tank anymore is a Russian bias premium so just wait for it.

thandiflight #27 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 00:18

Major

• Players
  • 68201 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostLpBronco, on Apr 12 2017 - 22:05, said:

Yes they have camo and speed and that's the equalizer not view range . Yes, you can improve on the basics but at the end of the day it is lites camo on the move that is their true superiority.

Right. So on maps where speed and camo count for nothing these tanks are pointless. Camo on the move is meaningless on small maps with predetermined corridors. View range is equally meaningless on these maps. And in effect this is most maps.

You actually want mediums to be the scouts and lights to have no purpose whatsoever because they lack survivability. Frankly if I were you I would stick to playing your heavies, TDs and mediums so you can b*tch about the lights not spotting for you whilst you get shot because they have already died - or alternatively b*tch about the light that is sitting back in a bush waiting for the opportunity to move against the opposition when he has a chance of survival and being competitive.

LpBronco #28 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 00:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35153 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

Granted, I spend more time in tanks that I feel carry their own load rather than require a team that will take advantage of passive play.  I play lites as you describe bidding my time and taking what opportunities present themselves and try to protect some of the other guns in the game come crunch time. I understand the limitations lites face and understand how they can support a team's efforts. I also appreciate that player that hasn't yolo'd and died and is still in the game when we can most use him. 

xXTheGameAceXx #29 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 01:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6072 battles
They just need to leave lights alone in general. If anything, buff a few that are currently absolutely terrible and worthless. Don't just nerf them all into oblivion Wargaming, to the point that they're all cookie-cutter in general usefulness.

thandiflight #30 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 01:03

Major

• Players
  • 68201 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostLpBronco, on Apr 12 2017 - 23:55, said:

Granted, I spend more time in tanks that I feel carry their own load rather than require a team that will take advantage of passive play.  I play lites as you describe bidding my time and taking what opportunities present themselves and try to protect some of the other guns in the game come crunch time. I understand the limitations lites face and understand how they can support a team's efforts. I also appreciate that player that hasn't yolo'd and died and is still in the game when we can most use him. 

So then how can you possibly consider what has been done to light tanks in any way a good thing?

LpBronco #31 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 01:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35153 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

If your talking about expanding them into tier 10 I don't. The existing lite tank formula I liked and have no desire to play the tier 10 lites. The new matchmaking will continue to place you in circumstances that you'll be required to carry when the best you can offer is support. If your talking the mini patch to dial them back a notch so they don't just serve as alternate mediums with scout camo then I agree with maintaining their overall position in the class tree even if it effectively neutralizes the new tier 10 lites.

I will admit I am curious how they would work on the new expanded game mode when they have that much room to operate.

capted77 #32 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 01:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32058 battles
  • [A-O-D] A-O-D
The light tanks are a joke in 9.18 I hope WG doesn't release the next patch if the going to trash all the lights tanks

Kamahl1234 #33 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 02:23

Major

• Players
  • 17352 battles
  • [_-D-_] _-D-_

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Apr 12 2017 - 21:00, said:

In that case, mediums and heavies need view range nerfs.

At the moment, heavies and mediums by simply mounting optics instead of vents can be more effective scouts while poking ridges, and have the hp and armor to survive!

Then that's what should happen IMO. Not pushing VR into even crazier levels. Though don't forget part of the boon that lights have is stationary camo while moving, which could mean better hill poking for spotting runs as it means you may be undetected while poking entirely. 

Spartan_Striker #34 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 13:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20302 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostKamahl1234, on Apr 12 2017 - 19:23, said:

Though don't forget part of the boon that lights have is stationary camo while moving, which could mean better hill poking for spotting runs as it means you may be undetected while poking entirely. 

How is this camo any good on the city/close-quarter maps that makes up 80% of the map rotation? 

Just food for thought :)

Twidget_Gray #35 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 14:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21280 battles
  • [SOGG] SOGG
Great job making Light Tanks Worthless.    You plan to eliminate them from the game is working well! 

chambax #36 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 14:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_
Why they nerf my LTTB, it was already perfect for tier 8 MM. ie ir already had tier 8MM before, now you cripple DPM and view range out of nowhere.. damn you WG, why are you making this changes? If you uptier a tank leave as it if not buff it.

AppleTank8 #37 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 15:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17620 battles
  • [FWHKU] FWHKU

View Postlordawesome7, on Apr 12 2017 - 21:50, said:

nice petition you got that shows the whole WoT playerbase minus that one guy

for real though, some of the nerfs were justified, T100 was stupid OP pre nerf, now its really balanced and same with the bulldog, everyone and their mother abused that 10 clip autoloader

others like the whole french line are as good as crapnow and they weren't even that good pre nerf either

however if they were too powerful, they really would take the spot of mediums since they keep FULL CAMO ON THE MOVE, so if their firepower was too close to their medium counterparts, no one would play mediums, though i'll agree some of the view range nerfs hit pretty hard (but within reason)

Do I agree that the AutoDog needed a nerf? Yes

Do I agree that the AutoDog should be leagues worse than the T71 before it?

No.

Sturm_Teufel #38 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 39173 battles
Agree with op. Trashing our beloved light tanks (cough, ELC, cough), just inspires me to not spend any money on this game. And I suppose when I no longer have premium time, I probably will play less and less...... sigh, (looks for new hobby......) back to wood working?

str33tzk1ng #39 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 16105 battles
This whole LT update has turned decent tanks. Into giant piles of smoking Donkey Crap. Wargaming has proven they don't listen to the community. Clearly Light tanks either need to be re adjusted or removed from this recent patch.

Dokalen #40 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 19142 battles
  • [SKS] SKS
I do not like the changes to light tanks it has made them completely unplayable and now there not worth grinding for, which is sad because I was really looking forward to this patch. Please change them back to how they were.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users