Dear Wargaming, (9.18 Light Tanks Petition)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Gnevsie #61 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 09:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1930 battles

View PostTahllol, on Aug 28 2017 - 16:02, said:

​Call BS on those not scouting doing now damage as they sit in the back and snipe hence why they end up on the top damage spots more often then other tanks. Especially on any open map.

You can't even keep your tanks classes straight, besides lights getting to spots that you don't have a choice but to cross in slower tanks. Hell 1481 battles since 2015? Hell why are you even commenting on the game at all you barely ever play. Which when you do its almost only premium tanks anyway. Besides if lights are near useless why do they still keep ending up constantly as some of the top damage dealers on teams? Hmm, I think someone doesn't even play enough to know what's going on in game. 

Whoever said this is my primary account? as for trying to ramraid me out of the conversation simply because I have less battles than you, merely demonstrates how pathetic you really are. I know plenty and enough about WoT mechanics, thank you, hence why I'm considered above average despite only having 1400 battles. Even I know that lights at the moment are seriously underperforming. It's rather telling though, you whom primarily play TD's an Heavies, [edited]about light tanks doing there job and commonly catching you out, I feel as though your raging simply because you have zero map awareness.

And no, sorry they don't 'keep ending up as the top damage dealers' - they don't, the only time they do is when they've been coupled with a useless team, otherwise lights get there 'top of the team' score from spotting damage, ya know ... the way a light usually does, but now can't ... because medium tanks out view range them, have near enough the same mobility, more armour and a better gun. Just because a light tank has a 100-105mm gun on it with good alpha, doesn't mean its a good gun ffs.

I don't see you calling for nerfs on say, your Skorpion G or the Strv S1 type tanks with stupid amounts of camo, or an insanely over the top gun in terms of handling.

But hey you wanted to turn this into a [edited]storm about stats right? guy that gets on average only 500 exp per battle and on average does only 700 damage per battle, cool story, perhaps you love to sit back and do [edited]all? or maybe you like to let light tanks sneak upto you, whilst spotted, track you and then humiliate you?

Edited by Gnevsie, Aug 30 2017 - 10:46.

WernerShadow #62 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 13:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 19165 battles
  • [XBBX] XBBX

View PostHigh_Caliber, on Apr 30 2017 - 16:06, said:

get a life the nerf was long overdue

get some skill

PREDY4 #63 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 15:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2700 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS

Light tanks are fine... leave them alone.

Thank you for your support.

WIZD #64 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 00:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6166 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
How are light tanks rubbish? You can't hit them when they zip by at 90 mph. They circle jerk any tank and kill it single handed. Don't lose cammo when OTM. The pen and damage rival TDs. Had a LT on the enemy team today own the field he had 4 kills for his team. Don't get me wrong the guy had skills all I'm saying is LT are not rubbish.

WernerShadow #65 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 04:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 19165 battles
  • [XBBX] XBBX

View PostWIZD, on Aug 30 2017 - 23:26, said:

How are light tanks rubbish? You can't hit them when they zip by at 90 mph. They circle jerk any tank and kill it single handed. Don't lose cammo when OTM. The pen and damage rival TDs. Had a LT on the enemy team today own the field he had 4 kills for his team. Don't get me wrong the guy had skills all I'm saying is LT are not rubbish.

With their nerfed view ranges and camo its almost impossible not to get spotted while spotting now. and what 90 mp/h? the best light  can only do 44 mph while all the APCR from medium tanks at T10 will do 681+ mph you will not out run that.

it also seems that you do not know how camo vs view range works

WernerShadow #66 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 04:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 19165 battles
  • [XBBX] XBBX

View PostPREDY4, on Aug 30 2017 - 14:02, said:

Light tanks are fine... leave them alone.

Thank you for your support.

they kill you less now i get it you would like them like this 

Daxman1 #67 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 06:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 37672 battles

I agree %150 with the OP. Light tanks got the nerf worse than any other class.

Tahllol #68 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 06:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7443 battles

View PostWernerShadow, on Aug 29 2017 - 04:18, said:

if we are doing to start such petty things as stats then you are way too bad to comment at all. but stats are not the point here the point is people like you want light tank players to be unable to defend them selfs or ever carry a game and why? i know the type of player you are Thallol you sit in game crying about the light tanks not making you look good while you are never in position to shoot anything and die having done less than 700 damage for more than half the games you play but it is never your fault no all the other tanks must be OP well tell that to my maus pre buff and post nerf again and i have not struggled to have 50%+ win rate in it

It can't be hard to have a 50%+ win rate in a Maus, its takes the majority of a team to kill it. I would bet if we would able to scroll back and check your numbers at 7.5k matches it was less than 763 a match, and most likely less than 500 a match currently if it wasn't for your tier 10 matches in the Maus. Besides this tweak to the Maus wasn't a nerf at all, as the Armor was the issue not the gun. But of course you can't figure out numbers very well is my guess.

Tahllol #69 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 06:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7443 battles

View PostWernerShadow, on Aug 31 2017 - 04:22, said:

With their nerfed view ranges and camo its almost impossible not to get spotted while spotting now. and what 90 mp/h? the best light  can only do 44 mph while all the APCR from medium tanks at T10 will do 681+ mph you will not out run that.

it also seems that you do not know how camo vs view range works

The camo isn't bad at all on most of the lights when they are not firing, which they were designed as scouts not murdering machines killing everything on the field. If they want to shoot at crap CAMO should drop to near ZERO.

PREDY4 #70 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 14:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2700 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS

View PostWernerShadow, on Aug 31 2017 - 04:23, said:

they kill you less now i get it you would like them like this 

I don't pay any attention to what class of tanks kill my tank less (or more), my opinion is based on the fact that I am currently doing very well when I play lights.

Therefore, at least for myself, my opinion is valid. I can't know what everyone else is experiencing.

Gryphon_ #71 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 20:11

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34914 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

View PostPREDY4, on Sep 04 2017 - 05:08, said:

I don't pay any attention to what class of tanks kill my tank less (or more), my opinion is based on the fact that I am currently doing very well when I play lights.

Therefore, at least for myself, my opinion is valid. I can't know what everyone else is experiencing.

Well, no you arent -  I looked you up. Your Type 64 is a low tier premium and didnt get any nerfs at all. Thats the only light you've got a decent number of battles on. I'll give you that on that low tier premium, you have a good winrate. But above tier 6 you only have 39 battles total in 2 lights and you didnt do at all well in either. So please dont come in here and say how everything is fine - it isn't - because you are doing great - you aren't. 

Any other rockstars who think all is fine post a link to a replay of you playing a tier ten light. 

WernerShadow #72 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 04:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 19165 battles
  • [XBBX] XBBX

View PostGryphon_, on Sep 06 2017 - 19:11, said:

Well, no you arent -  I looked you up. Your Type 64 is a low tier premium and didnt get any nerfs at all. Thats the only light you've got a decent number of battles on. I'll give you that on that low tier premium, you have a good winrate. But above tier 6 you only have 39 battles total in 2 lights and you didnt do at all well in either. So please dont come in here and say how everything is fine - it isn't - because you are doing great - you aren't. 

Any other rockstars who think all is fine post a link to a replay of you playing a tier ten light. 

he is also very clearly  a rerolle so he was never good to start with

GeorgePreddy #73 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 05:13

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
Light tanks are good... I like them the way they are.

Im_In_A_Tank_Y_All #74 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 19:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 4139 battles
  • [GDSK] GDSK

View Postthandiflight, on Apr 12 2017 - 22:49, said:

Now they don't have competitive guns, they don't have competitive view range - and in some cases they don't even have competitive camo (go and look at the values). So they are left with some speed. Their survivability remains low. Is their any point to these tanks then? Are they vaguely competitive on the maps we have? No. An emphatic NO.

100%. Half the reason I would play WOT was to have fun riding out in my T-50-2 or A-20, and practicing maneuvers while annoying the enemy team and providing intel. I haven't played the game for 4-5 years, and now I come back, and godDAMN the situation is even worse. Now, the acceleration sucks, the "flip physics" make it impossible to pull off half the maneuvers I used to, and are a goddamn annoyance just driving over hills, and the view range nerf has completely destroyed the entire POINT of playing a light.

It's not a joyride anymore, it's running scared from cover to cover while not seeing a damn thing.

Avocett #75 Posted Sep 09 2017 - 05:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 7624 battles

I'll throw my name in the pot too. 

They could have simply moved every LT up one tier, then they would have had the same MM as before, the same stats as before, and played the same as before, but NOOOOO, they had to go ruin everything.

OrnmiIler #76 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 04:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostHydro4, on May 03 2017 - 07:54, said:

HAHA easy issue to solve... next on the chopping block... simply nerf mediums to be slightly worse than lights...  no more issue.

I mean, why not, everyone is always crying about nerfing something... so, an all around nerf bat might do the trick.... after that, they'll have to nerf heavies so the nerfed lights and meds can actually do some kind of damage to them op heavies....

-or-

People could stop crying nerf, and figure out how to have fun in a video game... Before people crying about everything ruins a game we all enjoy...

Example...

"Remove arty" ( lots of people play arty, this would not fix an issue, only create a new one)

"Nerf Arty" ( they changed arty... nerfed damage, but, tried to "rebalance it"... now people are crying about the nerf because of the stun....will NO ONE be happy?)

People cried my arty could oneshot someone.... and now they cry that they get stunned so often.....

Sandbox.... Lights are great...wait...they are OP...nerf lights, nerf hit, now other tanks have better scouting ability than lights....

People dont get it, if the Dev's do what a whole crap ton of people cry about.... everything will eventually be nerfed into an unplayable state.

On a side note... Ive been stunned in matches where there was no arty.... could it be the HE shell change had an overall affect on other tanks that shoot HE as well? Working as intended or simply a glitch that came along with Arty shells being HE and stun mechanics now in game?

I wish WG would nerf peoples ability to cry "nerf" on the forums....

Consumers... Crying ner since day 1, and Dev's.... foolish enough to cave to the masses.....

Great games DIE off because of this issue.

+1

Worldwide 75% of WoTs community pays virtually nothing for many years of play, and are the bloated ranks from which these change everything/all the time malignant whiners derive.

They have driven game down, which is their only real intent for being here.

No one who ever places a dollar down in WoT NA needs these freeloading riffraff anywhere near them in game or Forum!

This is the real cancer, not SPG!

j_george117 #77 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 16:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11660 battles

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Apr 12 2017 - 14:39, said:

Dear Wargaming,

We the player base strongly disagree with your decision to heavily nerf light tanks. (both tier 10 and otherwise)

You have turned them from being the perfect support/scout tanks into piles of rubble.

They were fine as they were. Really.

Their abysmal penetration, accuracy, dpm, as well as armor and hp let mediums keep their role as the tank that can perform at any distance and brawl effectively with other mediums, and become a major push-force on the battlefield.

For a tier 10 light tank to be effective, it had to be within 150 meters.

Your decision to nerf the dpm of lights, as well as the gun handling of many of them was completely unnecessary.

Scouts need decent guns to be effective. The era of scouting is passing, and light tanks can no longer be used for scouting only.

The number of city maps and otherwise close-quarters means light tanks are useless on those maps without half-decent guns.

On open maps, light tanks also have to worry about conserving hp and being effective at avoiding fire more than any other class.

The risk of getting aggressive spotting and targets for your team is costly enough.

Not only this Wargaming, but you have caused Light tanks to fail at the roll you so adamantly claim they were designed for: Scouting.

Most of the light tanks (including tier 10's)   now have view range worse than tier 10 mediums.

How can a tank designed for spotting have worse view range than tanks that were meant as a major firepower class?

We demand the logic in this.

Tier 10 heavy tanks have more view range than some tier 10 light tanks now.

This is messed up completely.

We looked forward to light tanks with eager eyes when the 2nd version of 9.18 came out - it was at this point that light tanks were at absolute perfection (neither overpowered or underpowered) - Then the micro-patch came and ruined them.

You spotted a few people in the crowd with frowns and decided to go with THAT opinion.

Wargaming, you simply can't act on the pleas of a player base % that is less than 2% when 98% is perfectly happy with it.

You will always have someone unhappy with tanks that can play well in the right hands.

In fact, light tanks required an immense skill cap to play effectively.

Now that skill cap has been raised so high, that now the only real way to play tier 10 light tanks is to sit behind your own mediums and hope for an occasional tracking shot (or who knows, maybe even one that does damage ever 10th time?)

At the 2nd iteration of the 9.18 common test, I played mediums to see how it felt playing against the new light tanks.

It was a true joy. They couldn't pen me, they couldn't out-shoot me.

I in the meantime, I auto-penned them every time,and chewed them up in a matter of seconds.

Do you not see, Wargaming?

ou listened to the pleas of a few hundred people that "lights were going to replace mediums."

Light tanks will never even begin replace mediums

Please review the following comparisons of tier 10 meds and their respective tier 10 light tank counterparts:

http://tanks.gg/v091...-140?t=t-100-lt

http://tanks.gg/v091...ard-1?t=rhm-pzw

http://tanks.gg/v091...-t?t=amx-13-105

http://tanks.gg/v091...sheridan_000000

You then decided to nerf light tanks even more and make the class very bland and not useful in battle.

Sure I will still play them occasionally, because I love light tank gameplay in general.

But I will not play them more than 1 or 2 games per session,

I will not be playing them in clan wars.

I will not be recommending them to anyone.

I won't have as much fun playing them as I do in my other tank classes.

(The nerfs we are unhappy with include those done to tiers 5-9)

Please revert light tanks to their status  in the 2nd version of 9.18 Common Test. (before the micro-patch)

On the off-hand chance you read this, Wargaming, thank you for your time.

Signed,

The Whole of the Wot Playerbase    (except for that 1 guy you will find in the comments below)

I also agree I almost never play LTs now and when I do I often get crushed by meds and struggle to pen heavies at medium range, or even hit them 

The_Eliminator6 #78 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 13:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28383 battles
I mostly play elc and now its bad. Its still playable but i miss them tier8 battles and spotting for team.This -1/+2mm for all tanks made game boring.I couldnt even pen a t150 from point blank range.Im getting out spotted by meds and getting 2 shot by them.I cant even escape or accelerate fast bc of this crap nerf. I only go 60mph now,but a tier6 hellcat goes 72mph and its a td.HOW IN HECK IS THAT ALLOWED? All lights should be going over 70mph. The stupid 9.18 update ruined the game causing the snowball effect.Now we in this stupid monotonic gameplay of 9.20.1. Who was the dam idiot Dev who thought taking out scout mm and making mostly same tier matches was good. All time i spent trying to help my team and getting better at the tank is basically being wasted.Now i gotta try to adapt to this stupid change.The American merged server already is low in players compared to 9.17 so most hate the new mm. At this rate there wont be enough to play game.They better start reverting bck to 9.17 and reverse all changes.Gonna give em a year. Some ppl who didnt delete the game yet are mostly only still playing bc they like battling with tanks.Eventually there will only be new players or old players who gonna try to hang on till WG Devs get there heads out their butts and start listening to people who played before 9.18.

_Corbin #79 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 00:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13345 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I would agree that at tier ten Russian mediums are more fun to play than tier ten lights. Why mediums have better view range than lights I do not understand.

maddragon187 #80 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 21:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 13150 battles

From what I could tell playing tier 10 light tanks on common test is that they felt as if I was playing tier 8 light tanks.

Same sort of feeling you get with the new arty nerf, a tier 10 arty feels like a tier 8 arty.

The handling of the cannons also feels off.

When I play tier 10 meds, the gun handling is superb and shots hit their mark.

While on a tier 10 light, the gun handling is sub par.

The only thing I felt was above and beyond the performance of med tanks was the mobility.

Awesome mobility, with sub par view range and sub par gun handling makes it feel as if they're more tier 10 premiums that are not meant to be at the performance level of a normal tier 10.

When the t10 light tanks first came out, I was ecstatic but after playing them on test server, I lost all incentive.

Pointless to play these things when you can get a medium that plays much better.

Just like arty has lost most of the incentive I had for it.

I remember playing the Obj. 261 when it had AP shells and the thing was amazing, practically the sniper of all arties.

Now it's just a glorified mass cannon, and yes I realize that in real warfare spg's were not meant to go 1v1 other tanks but rather they would shell in the general vicinity of an area as supporting fire.

Realistically, a light tank circling a medium or heavy tank is laughable, because most tank warfare was at a distance and there was no computer interface, everything was manual.

Spoiler Alert: There is no HP bar in real life, one penetrating shot was enough in most cases.

This game is built on the fact that it's an arcade game, if I wanted more realism I would go to War Thunder, but I don't like War Thunder exactly for that reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users