Dear Wargaming..... Did you actually Finally FIX the "Dropping/Bouncing" Reticle bug in 0.9...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

leeuniverse #1 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 29143 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

So, as some of us know since 0.8.11 when it at least became bad or noticeable, the game was "nerfed" with a bouncing/dropping reticle when aiming at targets, horizons, etc.

This would generally cause missed shots, and us no longer shooting where we aimed (outside of the normal RNG/accuracy junk).....

So, like with many other crap things with this game mods were created to fix the problem, first the BalCalcMod a manual option, and then AAS (Advanced Aiming System) mod, which fixed the problem automatically.  At some point, it even broke and hasn't actually worked right in at least the last 2 years.

Anyway, did you finally fix the problem.....?   Cause I've played some 50 games on the Test Server and didn't see the issue occur once as the below video demos.

The second example in the video, I actually tested it on the test server, and it doesn't occur at all like in the video, the reticle stays where it should in the middle, so this tell's me Wargaming apparently fixed this problem?

Is it true....?

hector1470 #2 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 16:35

Major

• Players
  • 31201 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

What I want to know is if WG fixed the issue when you turn your whole tank and turret fast enough and fire that the shell travels in a way that looks exactly like this

SuperTankDriver #3 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 20203 battles

View Posthector1470, on Apr 13 2017 - 15:35, said:

What I want to know is if WG fixed the issue when you turn your whole tank and turret fast enough and fire that the shell travels in a way that looks exactly like this

That's just lag. It can't really be fixed easily by wg unless they buy a home right next to their servers.

soslo #4 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 16:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36159 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN

well OP, first off its not a bug, its compensating for firing into the horizon with infinite distance ie the sky. Its great for when firing through bushes that are solid because you can tell where the hill ends and the sky begins.

Hector, its called lag, if you have server side reticle on you would see your aimpoint for the server is exactly where the shell direction is pointing.

leeuniverse #5 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 29143 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postsoslo, on Apr 13 2017 - 08:59, said:

well OP, first off its not a bug, its compensating for firing into the horizon with infinite distance ie the sky. Its great for when firing through bushes that are solid because you can tell where the hill ends and the sky begins.

Hector, its called lag, if you have server side reticle on you would see your aimpoint for the server is exactly where the shell direction is pointing.

Buzz wrong.... It is a bug, because the mods fixed it.  And I have no idea what you're talking about hills and skys, because you shoot where you aim no matter hill or sky when the reticle works properly.

Oh, now I know what you're talking about, you think it's good because the bounce will tell you.  However, the problem with that is the bounce will cause you to MISS, so, it's not great.  One can STILL easy see hills and skys, and especially enemy tanks, it doesn't fix anything needed to have been fixed.  And even if you think so, it causes FAR more problems than you think it's "good" for.  LOL  :amazed:

iAmEbola #6 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

If it isn't lag then post a video of it NOT doing that then if it seems it was fixed on the Test Server.

Also provide evidence that you or your ISP haven't upgraded anything that would diminish the lag-like effects.

PS: Mods don't fix anything.  Devs do.  Might want to learn that now.

Edited by iAmEbola, Apr 13 2017 - 17:29.

soslo #7 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36159 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN

It is NOT a bug, it is working as intended. From Reddit:

You get it almost right here but make one bad assumption, which is that the game doesn't know what it's doing. What the game is doing here is making an educated guess at the range you want to aim at. Your primary aiming rhetical aims at that plane. Generally that plane is defined by a ridge line like in OP's screen shot or some bush or bit of cover. It has to be inside the rheticle though and taking up a fair bit of it. In the case of hard cover it can't cover the center but can if it's soft cover.

The weird droopy rheticle is actually showing you where your shell lands if it keeps going past that point until it either impacts some bit of cover or the skybox past the edge of the map. (It should be added that this does not change WHERE you fire at, only where the shell would IMPACT)

If you use the mod in Aslains that lets you press 'Q' to hold your range you'll see a similar effect, but what that does is override the range finder to hold at whatever it was last at. This is useful for shooting hidden tanks that don't have some useful bit of cover to get range from.

The Reddit thread has some other visual assistance to help with the concept. Long story short, dont change your aimpoint just cause the reticle drops when aiming at sky, the shot still goes to the same spot you were aiming. And your T49 clip is merely confirmation bias.

leeuniverse #8 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 29143 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

That's nice and all, but I've actually been working with the mod developer for years now who fixed the issue, along with others much smarter, the AAS mod, and he knows FAR more about it than you or that Reddit.

This and other guys that discussed the issue are Math Geniuses.....  You don't know crap about it buddy.

AAS Developer Thread....

I know what Wargaming thinks, and they are simply wrong.  We don't want to shoot the ground when aiming at the sky, or shoot high in the sky when aiming at the sky thus missing the target/aiming location, both of which would occur because of their stupid "working as intended".  You should learn not to just accept and believe crap simply because it's official crap.

My clip is an example of the problem, not confirmation bias, are you disabled?

And FYI, the second example in my video does NOT occur anymore on 0.9.18, which it HAS since 0.8.11, so don't tell me about your crap desire to flame me by claiming "confirmation bias".

I know the issue and problem well, you're ignorant of it, and it appears that even WARGAMING viewed it as a problem and finally fixed it.  So, be mad at them, not me, if you don't like it and want to contest it.

_Tsavo #9 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 17:57

Major

• Players
  • 38365 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Apr 13 2017 - 11:52, said:

That's nice and all, but I've actually been working with the mod developer for years now who fixed the issue, along with others much smarter, the AAS mod, and he knows FAR more about it than you or that Reddit.

This and other guys that discussed the issue are Math Geniuses.....  You don't know crap about it buddy.

AAS Developer Thread....

I know what Wargaming thinks, and they are simply wrong.  We don't want to shoot the ground when aiming at the sky, or shoot high in the sky when aiming at the sky thus missing the target/aiming location, both of which would occur because of their stupid "working as intended".  You should learn not to just accept and believe crap simply because it's official crap.

My clip is an example of the problem, not confirmation bias, are you disabled?

Hello Ego, didn't take long for you show up in Lee's thread.

leeuniverse #10 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 29143 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

So, I'm dealing in the actual facts, and HE shows the EGO.... yet in your warped mind I'm the one with the "ego" simply because I correct him with the actual facts....

Sure, what's new with you people who like you personally attack and flame people, and then call it reasoning, logic, and argument, and then pretending YOU'RE not the ones with the "ego".

iAmEbola #11 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 18:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_

Wow, I clicked that link.  Someone here is delusional.  :hiding:

leeuniverse #12 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 29143 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

So "delusional" that Wargaming fixed it with .18..... uh huh...

And so "delusional" that the primary mod developer which fully fixed the issue, a math and coding genius, with other coding geniuses working with him on it, has a 133 pages thread on the issue.

Boy, so much "delusion" by me.

iAmEbola #13 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 19:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
:facepalm:

soslo #14 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 19:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36159 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN

View Post_Tsavo, on Apr 13 2017 - 10:57, said:

Hello Ego, didn't take long for you show up in Lee's thread.

well it is his universe so......

iAmEbola #15 Posted Apr 13 2017 - 20:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 10371 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
:D

togo281 #16 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 17:27

Captain

• Players
  • 26006 battles

1. Remove all mods and test again.

TheRipperman #17 Posted May 08 2017 - 00:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14390 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View Postleeuniverse, on Apr 13 2017 - 11:22, said:

Buzz wrong.... It is a bug, because the mods fixed it.  And I have no idea what you're talking about hills and skys, because you shoot where you aim no matter hill or sky when the reticle works properly.

Oh, now I know what you're talking about, you think it's good because the bounce will tell you.  However, the problem with that is the bounce will cause you to MISS, so, it's not great.  One can STILL easy see hills and skys, and especially enemy tanks, it doesn't fix anything needed to have been fixed.  And even if you think so, it causes FAR more problems than you think it's "good" for.  LOL  :amazed:

Its not a bug. Its the gun calculating the range. When a tank is on the horizon you get this issue. WG for some [edited]reason has decided that mods which allow you to set range manually are illegal.

LeaveIT2Beaver #18 Posted May 08 2017 - 00:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 28323 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

MagnusMjolnir #19 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 01:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14593 battles
  • [-CDN-] -CDN-

very simple have a box or slide to check if you want horizon range compensation or not and let the players have a choice.

I personally would have this turned off and can manually adjust my gun up if needed but compensating for the bobbing reticle is impossible

Edited by MagnusMjolnir, Nov 11 2017 - 01:27.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users