Large map Tier 10 only? Cost

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kaniala3 #1 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 18:00

Private

• Players
  • 27230 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

I found the map was very engaging for tier 10 tanks and artillery.  I was able to read the map and decide where I needed to be and relocate to another grid if necessary.  It does take a while but with the length of the battle being 25 minutes I didn't worry about that.  By relocating, I was able to help slow the advance of the center of the map preventing the enemy team from reaching the objectives.  If they had been more aware, they could have swept into the grid I had abandoned because only two or three players stayed there and held the attacking team on the beach as they respawned.

I liked the idea of only having three tanks to respawn with per grid within a certain time.  It creates an incentive to survive longer and/or use the resupply/repair stations (RRS) on the map to stay in the game longer.  I found the RRS to be rather quick but creating a time limit in between usages is a good idea.

The current set up for tank choices is cumbersome.  I planned on only using three tanks to go in with, but, I still had to scroll through the carousel to find them.  The deploy button would activate before I could find the tank I was going to use.  I recommend limiting the choice of tier 10s available to the player.  This will help simplify (for me anyway) the respawn process.  Either Wot can choose the tanks or (better yet) WoT could allow the player to choose their tanks.

This mode is strictly attack and defend.  I would like to see a more dynamic game  mode that is similar to encounter where both teams meet in the middle grids and try to capture an objective in each one.  Perhaps if both sides had gun batteries they were defending and capturing the middle grid(s) was part of the objective to reach the other side, that would be fun.  But, allowing the middle to be a place both sides had to fight for constantly would be interesting.  Or, perhaps making an objective change as the game progresses would be another way to make Frontline more interesting and also more dynamic as well.  Right now, the game is a little static and anyone that plays it enough would develop or fall into a set play pattern.  Then the game would be predictable.

Because the server is so far away, I do not now what bugs I experienced are related to distance so I won't mention them here.

I found artillery helped free me up and allowed me to relocate because of the support they gave us as we repulsed and pushed the attackers all the way to their spawn point.  I enjoy playing arty and even though this messes up my stats a lot, I still think artillery has a role in WoT.   Please don't hate me :-)

Currently, this mode as it stands is too expensive for the average and below player.  Only players who can create a substantial savings or who don't mind paying to play will even consider using this mode.  Limiting the game to tier 10 seems like a foolish idea to me.  This map would work for tiers 6 to 10 easily.  I realize that WoT has enough players world wide to support a game mode like this, but if the players don't like it or can't afford to play it, this mode is doomed before it gets out of beta.  There has to be some kind of incentive to play this mode.

I noticed that of the three games I played, the same grids fell pretty consistently every time.  A, B, D, E, G.  The capture point at C is easily defended with the large rock right next to the spawn.  I will have to play some more games to see why if I can figure out why the other grids fall every time.

I believe the only way to win this mode as an attacker is with well coordinated team play utilizing focus fire and a real aggressive play style.  Also, the attackers would need to be map aware and push into grids that are not doing well.  Failing that, the defenders just have to be able to snipe the attackers tanks as they approach and push into the attackers into their spawn points.  Then, it is just a matter of watching the clock.

Edited by kaniala3, Apr 14 2017 - 18:12.

rich73 #2 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 44335 battles
A respawner??So there is the disappointment.I'm out.Dont do spawner games.

Omega_Weapon #3 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 18:13

Captain

• Players
  • 42224 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Postrich73, on Apr 14 2017 - 12:06, said:

A respawner??So there is the disappointment.I'm out.Dont do spawner games.

​This^^^. Hate the re-spawning concept. No need to ever try such a childish game mode.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Apr 14 2017 - 18:16

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
Re-spawning... repair stations... tier ten's terrible economy... for those reasons, at this time, I'm OUT.

Mikosah #5 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 06:46

Major

• Players
  • 17520 battles

The respawns don't bother me. Being able to repair isn't a bad thing either. The issue here is that this mode is catered to players who have multiple tier 10s and tons of credits to spare. Not many players fit into that category. I don't know how popular they expect this mode to be when so few of us are even going to have a practical time playing it.

I have my own little theory that they intend for this mode to be an incentive for players to grind harder. But the novelty factor only lasts for so long. Once curiosity is satisfied, how does WG intend to persuade us to continue grinding? Another T-22 situation perhaps?

All that said, the biggest draw of frontline is not the size of the map nor the larger teams, its the idea of finally getting to do as you please and just not having to worry. Not having to worry about win/loss, what the team is up to, how much MoE will be affected, or anything else. You just roll in and shoot at the reds. Consequences be damned. That's the experience I'm looking forward to.

Omega_Weapon #6 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 05:58

Captain

• Players
  • 42224 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostMikosah, on Apr 15 2017 - 00:46, said:

All that said, the biggest draw of frontline is not the size of the map nor the larger teams, its the idea of finally getting to do as you please and just not having to worry. Not having to worry about win/loss, what the team is up to, how much MoE will be affected, or anything else. You just roll in and shoot at the reds. Consequences be damned. That's the experience I'm looking forward to.

​I thought the quality of gameplay was bad currently, but in Frontline it will probably be horrifyingly so. "Screwed up with the first 7 tanks? No problem, take another crack at it with respawn # 8". Respawning just encourages people to play fast and reckless. That's why I find it so childish. The magic repair circles are also silly. The larger maps are cool, and larger teams, but I'd suggest 50 vs 50 with no respawning, or maybe a max of 1 respawn per player (like a reserve tank).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users