E100, don't bother

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

BobFromMarketing #41 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 10:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 5803 battles
I dunno about other people but I refuse to read any post in all caps.

You should retype your posts and edit them.  In all caps you come off like a raging eight year old mad at his vidya games.

SilverforceX #42 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 11:52

Major

• Players
  • 10267 battles
I already bounce a lot of shots using the 12.8cm gun with ~246 penetration, not all targets available to shoot at are close range and easy to aim for weakspots.

Essentially the 15cm has such shit penetration for a tier 10 heavy that you need gold rounds to even put the tank to good use. Otherwise its playing half crippled.

kampfer91 #43 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 12:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16158 battles
  • [AKAGI] AKAGI
Who need gold round ? At medium and close range , AP to the weak spot , there is no tank that have invincible frontal armor , at long range , HE with damage about 450+  :D
Learn to drive ppl , this is not an IS7 or an Maus , you can't charge to the frontline and get shot like an idiot , the tank truly shine when the enemy is distracted and you have clear shot at their side or rear armor , that'll make them regret for letting their guard down :lol:

Evir #44 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 12:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10669 battles
Looks to me like a lot of terrible players that don't know how to play the tank complaining about how bad it is.

The tank is absolutely fine. It is better than the T30 In most respects, if you play it like a T30, while angling your self between shots/moments you will be even better. Arty cant really do damage with HE on the sides of it that instantly makes the E-100 better than the T30. The weak points are much smaller, that "light bar" that people complain about is total BS i have been hit in that thing maybe 3 or 4 times total on the test server or live.

Changing from HE to AP isn't that hard I've seen morons bounce 4-5 AP rounds off the front of a Maus while the Maus kills them, when all they have to do is use HE and ruin its day. Killing his gunner and gun over and over makes the Maus worthless. Then switch to AP when you get side shots on tanks.

Honestly I may get negative rep for this but I seriously think its a L2P situation. The problem may not be the tank, it may be between the chair and the keyboard.

Personally I hate the IS-7 because it doesn't fit my play style, I don't jump on the forums and complain about how bad the IS-7 is or how I wasted my money/time on it. I didn't do enough research and got a tank that I don't enjoy playing. It doesn't mean its a bad tank.

Finally, the people complaining about the 12.8 gun. Its the same gun as the Maus except it shoots faster. If you have problems with the 12.8 in the E-100 how can you justify telling people to get the Maus?!

Huskarl #45 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 14:41

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10343 battles
E100 is awesome.  E75 is awesome as well.  The German line has always required a little more finess and I do not think it should be any suprise that many people have a hard time being successful in them.

I shot a t30 directly through the front of his turret for full damage in my E100 last night.  He was hull down and I had no choice but to shoot his turret.  Exactly how is that a weak gun?  

These E-series tanks are awesome, and once the potential of the E100 is realized it will become vital in clan wars, right now the E100 is hindered by a bad rep from forum trolls whom have probably never played it.  This rep will be quickly wiped away as it becomes more common, much like what happened with the E50 and E75 (last week everyone posting here was QQ'n that they are trash).  As for the E100, Tier 10 is clan wars, to even try to judge a tank without considering gold rounds is just silly.

XDeathLordX #46 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 14:45

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 14986 battles
Well devs you have excelled yourselves this time, you have taken off 12.5% health of the maus, slowed down the reload .02, and to rub salt in the wounds you have given us 2 beautiful tanks ie: the E75 and the E100 and turned them into the worst tanks in the game.

The E75 can be penned even by a sherman from the front and the mudguards are max damage upon being hit all the time, you have given the 128 gun a slower reload than the maus and the vk45 yet they are the same gun.

The E100 is worse, the optical which funny enough straddles the full width and beyond the turret giving anyone an easy target to do damage to 2-3 crew every time, atm the body and the turret have that many holes a swiss cheese maker would be envious of it with the easy penetration of all the holes on it. Was it by reason to make the E100 so soft to give everyone an easy kill including lower tier tanks or is it that bugged that it needs the same work that the Maus got to make it good before it got nerfed again?

Please respond to these questions devs so I know one way or the other if they are going to get fixed or I just dont bother anymore with them and take the easy way out and go the Russian line like everyone else?

Doctuer #47 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 14:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24518 battles
Seriously ?

Mr.Deathlord sir ?

Good stocks of kleenex are available at your local supermarket. Yes you can wear your cape and even your underwear on the outside if you like.

WulfthofenGaming #48 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 15:01

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10732 battles
the e-100 suffers from the same early problem maus did the mudguards have 0% armor protetion o they hit you there they do 100% damage. other than that i think the tank is good. not exactly sure why they would leave the mudguards at 0% armor protectionsince same issue happened with maus and took them forever to fix that.

XDeathLordX #49 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 16:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 14986 battles

View PostDoctuer, on Aug 15 2011 - 14:56, said:

Seriously ?

Mr.Deathlord sir ?

Good stocks of kleenex are available at your local supermarket. Yes you can wear your cape and even your underwear on the outside if you like.

Your in the wrong thread, trolling is 3 doors down, unless you got something constructive to say then please leave your trolling elsewhere, thank you :)

j33pers #50 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 16:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27533 battles

View Postcrayon_eater, on Aug 14 2011 - 21:15, said:

When the t30 becomes a td. The e-100 will become the premier t10 damage dealer with gold rounds. If you don't like that, don't play it. There are plenty of tanks out there for you. If you don't understand how to play your tanks , there is nothing wrong with the tanks... It's called operator error. The devs will countinue tweaking and adjusting this tank till its ratio is an acceptable range. Any tank with a competent driver will be a force to be reasoned with. Morale of this story. E-100 has a role and will fill it, it will get fixed and finally don't blame the tank for you sucking

You don't have an E-100.  Perhaps you played it in the test server. You really should drive it NOW though to see what you think.

Evir #51 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 16:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10669 battles

View Postpapapanzer, on Aug 15 2011 - 15:01, said:

the e-100 suffers from the same early problem maus did the mudguards have 0% armor protetion o they hit you there they do 100% damage. other than that i think the tank is good. not exactly sure why they would leave the mudguards at 0% armor protectionsince same issue happened with maus and took them forever to fix that.

I'm looking at my E-100 right now and I don't see any mud guards.

I see the side skirts that i have had pen'ed for no damage many times, and I see the front plate, but I don't see mud guards

Please tell me what you are talking about.

j33pers #52 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 17:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27533 battles
I played this tank on the 6.6 test server.  During patch #2 the hull and module damage, as far as I remember was ok.  The gun was horrible.  It was easily possible to shoot 3 shots and have none of them pen.  With my big tanks I shoot 80+% and I think on the test server I was 89% with this tank. When the patch #3 came out, the gun seemed much better but I now noticed much crew and module damage.

Now that the tank is live, it seems like they combined the worst of the two test patches.  The crew and modules take much damage, and the gun won't pen again.  The gun gets knocked out constantly, the worst so far was 3 times in about a 2 minute span.  Last night, in a training battle on the El Halluf map I was on top of the hill shooting down on an E-50 in the valley.  We were just messing around.  I shot him 3 times with AP and thought I missed.  There was no damage and no crew reports.  After we left the battle I saw I hit him all 3 times with no damage, shooting down into the top of his hull.

This was all with a 100% crew.

This tank was supposed to be the "German damage dealer" according to WG.  I'm not finding that at all right now.  Perhaps I just need to play it more but I just hate to take it out of the garage.  It seems like everyone already knows it's glaring weaknesses and wants to take a shot and to lose this tank costs plenty, especially with 1200+ rounds, crew and module repairs, fire extinguish and 30k to repair the tank.

coylter #53 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 20:00

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 18223 battles

View Postj33pers, on Aug 15 2011 - 17:06, said:

I played this tank on the 6.6 test server.  During patch #2 the hull and module damage, as far as I remember was ok.  The gun was horrible.  It was easily possible to shoot 3 shots and have none of them pen.  With my big tanks I shoot 80+% and I think on the test server I was 89% with this tank. When the patch #3 came out, the gun seemed much better but I now noticed much crew and module damage.

Now that the tank is live, it seems like they combined the worst of the two test patches.  The crew and modules take much damage, and the gun won't pen again.  The gun gets knocked out constantly, the worst so far was 3 times in about a 2 minute span.  Last night, in a training battle on the El Halluf map I was on top of the hill shooting down on an E-50 in the valley.  We were just messing around.  I shot him 3 times with AP and thought I missed.  There was no damage and no crew reports.  After we left the battle I saw I hit him all 3 times with no damage, shooting down into the top of his hull.

This was all with a 100% crew.

This tank was supposed to be the "German damage dealer" according to WG.  I'm not finding that at all right now.  Perhaps I just need to play it more but I just hate to take it out of the garage.  It seems like everyone already knows it's glaring weaknesses and wants to take a shot and to lose this tank costs plenty, especially with 1200+ rounds, crew and module repairs, fire extinguish and 30k to repair the tank.

Well i guess that depends on the player. I made over 3 million silver playing almost my e-100 only since the patch hit. So your mileage may vary. I also have over 3k damage per battle on it. Thats pretty damage dealing imo.

RolandVH #54 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 22:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36253 battles
  • [XMCX] XMCX
Basically, a lot of people say that this is a Clan Wars-only tank that needs gold-bought ammo to be effective.

That immediately makes it pointless in my opinion, so I'll be stopping at the E-75 thankyouverymuch.

crayon_eater #55 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 22:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11063 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostRolandVH, on Aug 15 2011 - 22:04, said:

Basically, a lot of people say that this is a Clan Wars-only tank that needs gold-bought ammo to be effective.

That immediately makes it pointless in my opinion, so I'll be stopping at the E-75 thankyouverymuch.

And that opinion makes you immediately pointless in clan wars and to any clan who has clan war ambitions. So no no thank you very much

Gaius #56 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 22:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7370 battles

View PostRolandVH, on Aug 15 2011 - 22:04, said:

I really hope that perception that people have of the E-100 is not accurate. I KNOW that the gun's accuracy isn't great, nor is the penetration, but I am hoping I'll do OK with it. I bought over 1000 gold rounds for it the other night. I figure I'll keep 5-8 or so on the tank to deal with highly armored enemies (E-100, E-75, IS-4, IS-7, T95, VK4502, Maus) and use the regular rounds for all other tanks.

RolandVH #57 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 22:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36253 battles
  • [XMCX] XMCX

View Postcrayon_eater, on Aug 15 2011 - 22:22, said:

And that opinion makes you immediately pointless in clan wars and to any clan who has clan war ambitions. So no no thank you very much

Who said I wanted to be involved in clan wars anyway? I want a tank that can perform well without having to buy gold or join a clan that I don't want to.

Is that too much to ask for?

Posted Image

RolandVH #58 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 22:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36253 battles
  • [XMCX] XMCX

View PostGaius, on Aug 15 2011 - 22:26, said:

I really hope that perception that people have of the E-100 is not accurate. I KNOW that the gun's accuracy isn't great, nor is the penetration, but I am hoping I'll do OK with it. I bought over 1000 gold rounds for it the other night. I figure I'll keep 5-8 or so on the tank to deal with highly armored enemies (E-100, E-75, IS-4, IS-7, T95, VK4502, Maus) and use the regular rounds for all other tanks.

Until I get an E-100 of my own, [if I decide to get one] all I have to go on are perceptions.

Luffwaffle #59 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 22:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6863 battles

View PostGaius, on Aug 15 2011 - 22:26, said:

Look at the stats I have with the E100 on the other page. That proves that the people here whining about it need to learn to drive their tanks. I am a average player and I have a 62% win ratio and a 84% hit ratio, with 2576 damage average damage per game. Obviously it is a good tank.

EmGee42 #60 Posted Aug 15 2011 - 23:04

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8807 battles
My opinion of it is changing, I'm not sure it has a place in clan wars yet. I hit a Maus last night 4 times in the side skirt with gold rounds and didn't pen one time. These were almost 0 deflection shots so the angle shouldn't have been an issue. It's left me scratching my head too many times. My T30 on the other hand hardly ever fails to pen.

It fires so slow and bounces so much that I think it may be a handicap in a clan battle where you may only get to shoot a few rounds. Those rounds have to be good and have to cause some damage.

I'm not saying it's totally bad, it has it's moments, but I don't think it's consistant enough yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users