Windows User Alert

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Klaatu_Nicto #41 Posted May 15 2017 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 15 2017 - 10:32, said:

I'm not just talking about this SNL skits when i talk about the comedy coming out of the WH.

The things he's doing to you guys is comedy gold and the fact that many Americans just don't get it makes it even funnier.

Two examples i'll give you that we find just hilarious are.

1) Gutting the EPA, so you can have more Flint Michigan's 

2) Gutting your healthcare for everyone but congress their families and their staff and their families, so that "pre-existing conditions" can make a return.

Pure comedy gold.

The EPA has greatly overstepped it's bounds. It's needs to be reigned in.

The Healthcare plan was already being gutted:  August 2016: The decision by Aetna to bail out next year from 11 of the 15 states where it sells plans is just the latest move by a major insurance company to pare back — sharply — its involvement in the markets for individual health plans that are a key component of the Affordable Care Act.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/16/why-aetna-is-pulling-back-big-time-from-obamacare-markets-now.html

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, May 15 2017 - 19:53.

Lethalhavoc #42 Posted May 15 2017 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on May 15 2017 - 14:50, said:

The EPA has greatly overstepped it's bounds. It's needs to be reigned in.

The Healthcare plan was already being gutted:  August 2016: The decision by Aetna to bail out next year from 11 of the 15 states where it sells plans is just the latest move by a major insurance company to pare back — sharply — its involvement in the markets for individual health plans that are a key component of the Affordable Care Act.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/16/why-aetna-is-pulling-back-big-time-from-obamacare-markets-now.html

Is there a difference between "reigning it in" and stopping it completely?

Insurance companies are about the bottom line. Where the profit is.

If you changed healthcare to what the rest of the 1st world uses, insurance companies would be a thing of the past.

At least as where direct medical care is concerned.

These companies make billions in profits every year. 

But, in the rest of the 1st world, it's the government who collects the premiums and there are no profits.

Just healthcare.

To make your system work properly, you need to get rid of the middleman.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 15 2017 - 20:03.

Klaatu_Nicto #43 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:22

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

The more the U.S. government gets involved in healthcare the worse things get.

The U.S. “health care cost crisis” didn’t start until 1965. The government increased demand with the passage of Medicare and Medicaid while restricting the supply of doctors and hospitals. Health care prices responded at twice the rate of inflation (Figure 1). Now, the U.S. is repeating the same mistakes.

https://mises.org/blog/how-government-regulations-made-healthcare-so-expensive

This is enough serious talk for me this morning. Time to get back to Skyrim. After I downloaded my games on Steam from the Cloud to my new computer and clicked on the Skyrim Script Extender I discovered none of my saved games were there. I was a bit upset until I realized that was not the Skyrim Script Extender I had clicked. It was the Skyrim Special Edition so I started over and now have over 2000 each of creep cluster and scaly pholiota so I have a bunch of leveling up to do with my alchemy lab. I'm near level 30 now and have not notified the Yarl of Whiterun about the dragon attack at Helgen so no pesky dragons bothering me yet. Is it my imagination or did Bethesda in their Special Edition give all the gals in Skyrim breast implants?

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto, May 15 2017 - 20:23.

RF_Van #44 Posted May 16 2017 - 05:35

Captain

• Players
  • 8988 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 15 2017 - 09:30, said:

The great thing about being Canadian, is that we accept people for who they are, and hope that they in turn will respect others as we do.

We like hope, not fear. If we gave into fear, why should we let anyone in, regardless of race, religion or sex?

They could be bad apples.

High minded, but generally empty political phrases do nothing to protect and support the current citizens of this nation from aggressive immigrant groups who would wish over time to dismantle or radically alter the type of society we have created in Canada. And frankly, I don't think you should speak for all Canadians, when in fact you can only speak for yourself. Sorry, but I for one am not interested in merely "hoping" that the people allowed to immigrate here in massive numbers fit in and do not cause the chaos and conflict we see going on in Europe.  As a long term citizen, father and someone who cares deeply about maintaining the nation we presently enjoy and protecting it for the next generation, "hope" is simply not enough security when it comes to the protection and well being of our own children, particularly when I witness the disaster that European mass immigration has become.

Lethalhavoc #45 Posted May 16 2017 - 16:14

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

View PostRF_Van, on May 16 2017 - 00:35, said:

High minded, but generally empty political phrases do nothing to protect and support the current citizens of this nation from aggressive immigrant groups who would wish over time to dismantle or radically alter the type of society we have created in Canada. And frankly, I don't think you should speak for all Canadians, when in fact you can only speak for yourself. Sorry, but I for one am not interested in merely "hoping" that the people allowed to immigrate here in massive numbers fit in and do not cause the chaos and conflict we see going on in Europe.  As a long term citizen, father and someone who cares deeply about maintaining the nation we presently enjoy and protecting it for the next generation, "hope" is simply not enough security when it comes to the protection and well being of our own children, particularly when I witness the disaster that European mass immigration has become.

We have been immigrating people since before the creation of Canada.

Each group that comes in is feared by those who were here already because of the reasons you have stated.

So, which groups of immigrants actually managed to change us for the worse? None?

Muslims have been immigrating to Canada for a hundred years or more, as have every other religion and race.

I lived through the cold war, where they told us who to fear and why.

I turned a blind eye to the bad things our western governments did, because i felt they were protecting us.

Each day we waited for WWIII to break out and each day it didn't happen.

They fed us a whole bunch of fear that wasn't real.

Being older and wiser, i no longer allow myself or my family to fear the imaginary things that they would have us fear.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 16 2017 - 16:15.

RF_Van #46 Posted May 16 2017 - 18:58

Captain

• Players
  • 8988 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 16 2017 - 07:14, said:

We have been immigrating people since before the creation of Canada.

Each group that comes in is feared by those who were here already because of the reasons you have stated.

So, which groups of immigrants actually managed to change us for the worse? None?

Muslims have been immigrating to Canada for a hundred years or more, as have every other religion and race.

I lived through the cold war, where they told us who to fear and why.

I turned a blind eye to the bad things our western governments did, because i felt they were protecting us.

Each day we waited for WWIII to break out and each day it didn't happen.

They fed us a whole bunch of fear that wasn't real.

Being older and wiser, i no longer allow myself or my family to fear the imaginary things that they would have us fear.

Well I disagree with you. And this is not about the past, this is right now. You do realize that we are currently at war with radical Islam in a number of locations around the world, don't you? Given the large number of religiously based terrorist acts that have occurred in Europe during their current immigrant crisis, and the ease with which ISIS has been able to slip its own operatives into the immigrant flow, it would be foolish to invite the possibility of that happening here.  Whether it be the religious radical who stole a truck and then drove it into the poor innocents shopping for their ornaments at that outdoor Christmas fair in Berlin, or the organized religious murderers who kill people en mass while they sip their coffees in a French cafe, or the man and wife terrorist team who killed the poor people attending a holiday office staff party down in San Bernadino, or the mass sexual assaults in Cologne on new years eve, or the Rotherham England sexual abuse catastrophe, or even the Islamic radical who attacked the Canadian Parliament. These events are not "imaginary things," these events are real. And why should people who already live here have to face that level of uncertainty? How does that in any way improve life for the average Canadian right now?  No, I have to disagree with your version of being "older and wiser," and indeed I do have some trepidation about the future, as any thinking person should. I won't use the term "fear," but caution and wariness are useful emotions when the well being of my own family and community is at stake.

Klaatu_Nicto #47 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

Is this imaginary?

Klaatu_Nicto #48 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

Lethalhavoc #49 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:18

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

View PostRF_Van, on May 16 2017 - 13:58, said:

Well I disagree with you. And you do realize that we are currently at war with radical Islam in a number of locations around the world, don't you? There was certainly no mass immigration from Russia during the Cold War, why should there be a mass immigration from the Islamic world right now? Given the large number of religiously based terrorist acts that have occurred in Europe during their current immigrant crisis, it would be foolish to invite the possibility of that happening here. And why should people who already live here have to face that level of uncertainty? How does that in any way improve life for the average Canadian right now?  No, I have to disagree with your version of being "older and wiser," and indeed I do have some trepidation about the future, as any thinking person should. I won't use the term "fear," but "caution" and "wariness" are useful emotions when the well being of my own family and community is at stake.

You are free to disagree with me, we're Canadian after all.

After WWII lots of Germans immigrated to Canada and we know what they did in Germany, don't we?

After WWII lots of Japanese immigrated to Canada.

During the cold war, every eastern European that could immigrate did... Did you not see them jumping the Berlin wall? I did.

The only Canadians who can rightfully claim that immigration ruined their nation are the First Nations peoples.

Remember that big deal that Harper made out of Muslim women wearing a veil during the swearing in ceremony, how he turned it into hate?

Let me just point out how it could have easily been resolved.

We have women judges.

We have women court officers.

We have women RCMP officers.

It would have been a simple matter to put them all together at one time to swear them in without them having to wear their veils.

But instead of doing that, he tried to polarize public opinion in a negative way.

It didn't fool me for even a second. But how did that make you feel?

You've lived your entire life with Muslims and it didn't become a problem until someone told you it was.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 16 2017 - 19:24.

Lethalhavoc #50 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

Klaatu,

Are those crimes any different then when they are committed by a citizen?

Are all of the police bad because of the actions of a few?

Klaatu_Nicto #51 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

Lethalhavoc #52 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 16 2017 - 14:23, said:

Klaatu,

Klaatu_Nicto #53 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:43

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 16 2017 - 10:23, said:

Klaatu,

Do they commit the crimes, or do some police officers do bad things, because they consider their victims infidels living in a society they consider an anti-thesis to their religion?

Not all followers of Islam are out committing crimes or engaging in acts of terrorism. If you don't strongly vet those coming into your country you are going to get some of the bad ones and many of the refugees are coming from countries were proper vetting cannot be done. .

Lethalhavoc #54 Posted May 16 2017 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on May 16 2017 - 14:43, said:

Do they commit the crimes, or do some police officers do bad things, because they consider their victims infidels living in a society they consider an anti-thesis to their religion?

Not all followers of Islam are out committing crimes or engaging in acts of terrorism. If you don't strongly vet those coming into your country you are going to get some of the bad ones and many of the refugees are coming from countries were proper vetting cannot be done. .

Then why do we keep selling or give them arms, money and resources for further violence? At some point those weapons could be turned against us, right?

To me it seems like a bad idea to do that.

We've been vetting everyone for generations. For the most part we haven't had an issue.

Klaatu_Nicto #55 Posted May 16 2017 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles
If they turn the weapons we sold them against us then the military-industrial complex will make more money selling us guns to defend ourselves.

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 16 2017 - 10:51, said:

Then why do we keep selling or give them arms, money and resources for further violence? At some point those weapons could be turned against us, right?

To me it seems like a bad idea to do that.

We've been vetting everyone for generations. For the most part we haven't had an issue.

If they turn the weapons we sold them against us then the military-industrial complex will make more money selling us guns to defend ourselves.

9-11 & San Bernadino - the vetting didn't work too well there and they came from countries were we supposedly can do proper vetting.

BTW, in the 1980's the CIA published a book about the virtues of jihad and distributed it in Afghanistan. That book is being used today by terrorist organizations to recruit new members. How crazy is that?

Klaatu_Nicto #56 Posted May 16 2017 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

The federal investigator, who requested anonymity, said 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments between Democratic National Committee leaders, spanning from January 2015 through late May 2016, were transferred from Rich to MacFadyen before May 21.

On July 22, just 12 days after [Democratic National Committee staffer] Rich was killed, WikiLeaks published internal DNC emails

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/16/slain-dnc-staffer-had-contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

Another dead body added to the list. Last I saw back in the 1990's there was over 30 people on that list.

Lethalhavoc #57 Posted May 16 2017 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on May 16 2017 - 15:10, said:

9-11 & San Bernadino - the vetting didn't work too well there and they came from countries were we supposedly can do proper vetting.

BTW, in the 1980's the CIA published a book about the virtues of jihad and distributed it in Afghanistan. That book is being used today by terrorist organizations to recruit new members. How crazy is that?

The bulk of the weapons that the Taliban/ISIS used or are using in Afghanistan were supplied by the US during the Soviet invasion.

Those very same weapons killed or wounded how many Americans and Canadians?

The policy of the "enemy of my enemy, is my friend" is badly flawed.

9/11 were Saudi Arabian which are still our allies and not subject to the would be travel ban. Obama passed the law that allows the victims to sue the Saudi Arabian government.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of that.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 16 2017 - 20:21.

Klaatu_Nicto #58 Posted May 16 2017 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 43863 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 16 2017 - 11:14, said:

The bulk of the weapons that the Taliban/ISIS used or are using in Afghanistan were supplied by the US during the Soviet invasion.

Those very same weapons killed or wounded how many Americans and Canadians?

The policy of the "enemy of my enemy, is my friend" is badly flawed.

9/11 were Saudi Arabian which are still our allies and not subject to the would be travel ban. Obama passed the law that allows the victims to sue the Saudi Arabian government.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of that.

Ya, maybe we should have invaded Saudi Arabia instead of Afghanistan. Did you know that up to the day he died Osama Bin Laden's 'most wanted' FBI page did not list 9-11 as one of the crimes he was alleged to have committed?

riff_ #59 Posted May 16 2017 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 24376 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on May 15 2017 - 12:56, said:

Once the glaciers start advancing in North America the Mexicans may want to build a wall on their northern border.

;)

Is not this for the other thread?  :)

Lethalhavoc #60 Posted May 16 2017 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 37927 battles

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on May 16 2017 - 15:29, said:

Ya, maybe we should have invaded Saudi Arabia instead of Afghanistan. Did you know that up to the day he died Osama Bin Laden's 'most wanted' FBI page did not list 9-11 as one of the crimes he was alleged to have committed?

I believe it.

I strongly doubt that they didn't know where he was all along.

And Isis was made by the US, there is little doubt in that.

Iraq created a power vacuum and nature as we know hates a vacuum.

A dictator is a dictator, but they did manage to keep the extremists down.

Anyways, i'm going to get into a game of Civ3, see you tomorrow Klaatu ;)

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 16 2017 - 20:36.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users