Mac

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DeltaTy #1 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 14:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles
  • [F--F] F--F

I have played blitz for years and have also played on the computer for a long while. I have never had the problem of a black screen when I start the game. I have searched for an answer on the forums and have found none that I could understand.

Edited by DeltaTy, Apr 15 2017 - 16:07.

Angry_Shrimp #2 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 16:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22854 battles
  • [WN] WN

If you are running mods,sometimes they tend to screw your client.

Try logging onto your client using the Safe Mode option,should do the trick.

DeltaTy #3 Posted Apr 15 2017 - 18:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles
  • [F--F] F--F

I am not running mods.

black_colt #4 Posted Apr 16 2017 - 18:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostDeltaTy, on Apr 15 2017 - 05:54, said:

I have played blitz for years and have also played on the computer for a long while. I have never had the problem of a black screen when I start the game. I have searched for an answer on the forums and have found none that I could understand.

Welcome back ...

During your absence a player, dstud208, has created a utility that solves many of the issues with the WoT Mac Wrapper through a series of clicks - the Studly Utility.  The [black screen when launching] is one of them.

Look for a post by dstud208 and in his post signature is the link to download the utility.  Once you have downloaded and installed the utility please do the following steps:

Makes sure that the WoT Mac Wrapper is closed/shut-down. Open [Activity Monitor] and quit any processes with [tanks] in their name - sometimes the WoT Mac Wrapper does not close all of the processes it spawns.

Open the Studly Utility [you will need to hold down the [control] key, click on [open] and then [open] again in the next dialog box - you only need to do this once as OS X/macOS will remember]

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents] then ]Force Update] then [Reset Wrapper] - NOTE: This will reset any custom settings you have made - e.g. screen size, etc.

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper [wrapper]. 

If the wrapper needs updating then you will be presented with an update dialog box.  Follow the instructions to update.  The latest version is 2.0.3.

Once the wrapper finishing updating [presuming it needs it] you will be presented with World Of Tanks.  If the WoT Mac Wrapper [client] needs updating you will see an orange progress bar running left to right in the bottom.  Wait until it finishes [if needed]

Click on [PLAY] and you should be good to go.  You will need to reset your screen size, etc.

Please let us know if this does not work.

Also tagged with Mac

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users